Creating Video From Text - Sora AI [The Big Picture]

Mike

Feb 20, 2024, 5:16:04 PMFeb 20
OpenAI's Sora has shown us that the future
has arrived. But how did it come to be?
What can it do? and what are the implications
of such an AI system? In this episode we'll find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmPlFidVkk

JTEM is Magic

Feb 21, 2024, 5:42:15 AMFeb 21
The problem is that A.I. generally sucks. It produced a lot of
good writing, of course, but it's literally plagiarized: When I
said it "Produced" I meant it! It didn't write it.

A lot of A.I. is nonsense. Like I described before, it's in the
verge of coherency -- comparable to sports casters babbling
on top of a game. AND it's plagiarized!

So a lot of A.I. produced writing is good, a lot of it sucks ass.
BECAUSE it's plagiarized! It's not originating anything, so it's
taking the mainstream media's dumps and squeezing it even
more flat & featureless. What the fuck is it going to do with
video?

You've got to think of A.I. as a tool to HELP a studio produce
content -- make it BETTER. Think of it like CGI, and what it
did for movies & TV. A crappy TV series today with less than
half the audience of the 1970s can have better special effects
than the biggest budgeted Hollywood production back then.

Way better.

Monsters? Alien tech? Yes. But even crappy TV shows are
now using CGI to put explosions in the middle of cities -- things
they wouldn't have been able to do in the past!

So using A.I. to REPLACE film and television is stupid. That's
just announcing that you can do anything and people have to
watch it. Which is similar to what the studios and networks
have been claiming for decades, as their ratings tanked...

HOW CAN CAN A.I. MAKE FILMS/TV BETTER?

Imagine if you're a director and you can cast Humphrey Bogart
in your role? The real Humphrey Bogart, not some look alike?

There was already a Hawaii 5-O episode where Jack Lord
appeared on screen. Well, a computer rendition thereof. And
THAT show was cancelled 4 years ago!

(Jack Lord starred in the original 60s/70s series, if you didn't
catch the name)

MY IDEA, because I'm so brilliant, and this goes all the way
back to the 1990s, was a squeal to "Titanic." Make it about
a different story line -- a different couple, a different
conflict -- and you periodically play out scenes from the
original, Jack & Rose, only they're in the background or the
new principles are walking through the scenes, maybe even
passing them unnoticed.

"Continuity."

And John Candy died during the filming of his last movie,
right?

Oo! Tony Soprano's mother -- the woman who played his
mom -- died during the show's run. Before they killed her off
in the show, they inserted her "Electronically" into a scene...

Budgets?

What if paying for the rights to use the likeness of a star
turns out to be cheaper than employing the actual star?

So I would argue that A.I. can really help TV and film
production -- especially if they ban it's use in the writing --
but it's a shitty idea to use it to REPLACE current
production methods.

Put short: A.I. can make things better, but we all know it
to save money and fool us.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/742798356654473216