AAAARGH!!!!!

JTEM is Magic

Nov 21, 2021, 9:00:55 PM11/21/21

We got a submission today, a film shot in Spain,
but "Officially" it's from California. That's where
the submitter is.

Well, we wouldn't put in a film just because it's
from Spain, and we wouldn't keep one out because
it's from California so, I dunno. I just like seeing our
world map fill out. I have high hopes of it getting so
filled some day that I can post screen shot and
impress people.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668269425555898368

Mike

Nov 21, 2021, 9:17:38 PM11/21/21
On Sunday, 21 November 2021 at 18:00:55 UTC-8, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> We got a submission today, a film shot in Spain,
> but "Officially" it's from California. That's where
> the submitter is.
>
> Well, we wouldn't put in a film just because it's
> from Spain, and we wouldn't keep one out because
> it's from California so, I dunno. I just like seeing our
> world map fill out. I have high hopes of it getting so
> filled some day that I can post screen shot and
> impress people.

Why not just tell fibs, and invent stories? It's probably
way easier. Everyone else seems to be doing it.

> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668269425555898368

JTEM is Magic

Nov 21, 2021, 10:59:21 PM11/21/21
Mike wrote:

> JTEM is Magic wrote:
> > We got a submission today, a film shot in Spain,
> > but "Officially" it's from California. That's where
> > the submitter is.
> >
> > Well, we wouldn't put in a film just because it's
> > from Spain, and we wouldn't keep one out because
> > it's from California so, I dunno. I just like seeing our
> > world map fill out. I have high hopes of it getting so
> > filled some day that I can post screen shot and
> > impress people.

> Why not just tell fibs, and invent stories? It's probably
> way easier. Everyone else seems to be doing it.

FilmFreeway polices festivals and I don't know how big or small a
lie one can get away with before the boom drops. Besides, JTEM
has some integrity. Not much else but some integrity.

I'm not one of those "Every lie you tell tell makes an angel cry"
dickwads. But, this? Nope.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668269425555898368

JTEM is Magic

Nov 23, 2021, 3:51:00 AM11/23/21
Mike wrote:

> JTEM is Magic wrote:
> > We got a submission today, a film shot in Spain,
> > but "Officially" it's from California. That's where
> > the submitter is.
> >
> > Well, we wouldn't put in a film just because it's
> > from Spain, and we wouldn't keep one out because
> > it's from California so, I dunno. I just like seeing our
> > world map fill out. I have high hopes of it getting so
> > filled some day that I can post screen shot and
> > impress people.

> Why not just tell fibs, and invent stories? It's probably
> way easier. Everyone else seems to be doing it.

If it matters, and I'm sure it doesn't to you but, if it matters I should
tell you that Austria is currently our #1 international source for
films this season. Meaning, we received two from there.

We have gotten our first from Latvia though, so that's good.

Germany. Australia.

I think that's it, but we haven't even been accepting submissions
for a month yet.

We're not a big festival. The biggest would average something like
60 a day. Clearly NOBODY is watching all the films. Maybe they
break things up, divide them amongst teams, and then only watch
the ones the teams pick...

I don't think our process could handle even 250 a month. We'd
probably end up closing submissions early, stop them half way
or less before the season is supposed to close...

So if you want to freak out JTEM, visualize us getting a couple of
hundred submissions a month. It could happen. I mean, it will
happen if we stick to it, do things right and keep growing...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com

JTEM is Magic

Nov 25, 2021, 2:52:15 PM11/25/21
JTEM is Magic wrote:

> If it matters, and I'm sure it doesn't to you but, if it matters I should
> tell you that Austria is currently our #1 international source for
> films this season. Meaning, we received two from there.
>
> We have gotten our first from Latvia though, so that's good.
>
> Germany. Australia.

The U.K. is now tied with Austria for top submitter.

Nothing from Canada. We should have nuked those bastards when we
had the chance...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668803116618137600

Mike

Nov 25, 2021, 3:20:41 PM11/25/21
On Thursday, 25 November 2021 at 11:52:15 UTC-8, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> JTEM is Magic wrote:
>
> > If it matters, and I'm sure it doesn't to you but, if it matters I should
> > tell you that Austria is currently our #1 international source for
> > films this season. Meaning, we received two from there.
> >
> > We have gotten our first from Latvia though, so that's good.
> >
> > Germany. Australia.
> The U.K. is now tied with Austria for top submitter.
>
> Nothing from Canada. We should have nuked those bastards when we
> had the chance...

Very, very, very, very, very, very, very (7 times) unlikely but
I suppose there is always a chance I could submit something.

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668803116618137600

JTEM is Magic

Nov 25, 2021, 3:41:10 PM11/25/21
Mike wrote:

> Very, very, very, very, very, very, very (7 times) unlikely but
> I suppose there is always a chance I could submit something.

I could send you a code.

Or you could just make it available over Google Drive or something.

Your choice.

Just keep is short if you can. Under 5 minutes would be optimum.

The shorter it is, the easier to slip it in somewhere...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668803116618137600

JTEM is Magic

Nov 27, 2021, 12:21:47 AM11/27/21
JTEM is Magic wrote:

> JTEM is Magic wrote:
>
> > If it matters, and I'm sure it doesn't to you but, if it matters I should
> > tell you that Austria is currently our #1 international source for
> > films this season. Meaning, we received two from there.
> >
> > We have gotten our first from Latvia though, so that's good.
> >
> > Germany. Australia.

> The U.K. is now tied with Austria for top submitter.

Our first from the Cayman Islands!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668901452127797248

Mike

Nov 27, 2021, 2:29:41 AM11/27/21
On Friday, 26 November 2021 at 21:21:47 UTC-8, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> JTEM is Magic wrote:
>
> > JTEM is Magic wrote:
> >
> > > If it matters, and I'm sure it doesn't to you but, if it matters I should
> > > tell you that Austria is currently our #1 international source for
> > > films this season. Meaning, we received two from there.
> > >
> > > We have gotten our first from Latvia though, so that's good.
> > >
> > > Germany. Australia.
>
> > The U.K. is now tied with Austria for top submitter.
> Our first from the Cayman Islands!

Anything from the Galapagos Islands yet?

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668901452127797248

JTEM is Magic

Nov 27, 2021, 11:58:58 PM11/27/21
Mike wrote:

> JTEM is Magic wrote:

> Anything from the Galapagos Islands yet?

Well it would say Bolivia, as the islands belong to them.

We got another one from New Zealand, though far from our first.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/669065777369989120

JTEM is Magic

Dec 1, 2021, 3:14:31 PM12/1/21
JTEM is Magic wrote:

> JTEM is Magic wrote:
>
> > If it matters, and I'm sure it doesn't to you but, if it matters I should
> > tell you that Austria is currently our #1 international source for
> > films this season. Meaning, we received two from there.
> >
> > We have gotten our first from Latvia though, so that's good.
> >
> > Germany. Australia.

> The U.K. is now tied with Austria for top submitter.

So the U.K. is in the lead and we got what I believe is our first ever film
from the Russian Federation. Um, submitted from the Russian Federation.
Sometimes films are shot in one country but submitted from another. And,
yes, we did have a film shot in Russia. At least one. But it was submitted
from like New Zealand or someplace. But, we now have a film that is
officially tagged "Russian Federation." So, "Yay" us!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/669065777369989120

Mike

Dec 1, 2021, 3:48:15 PM12/1/21
Anything from Tobago yet?

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/669065777369989120

JTEM is Magic

Dec 1, 2021, 10:25:28 PM12/1/21
, Mike wrote:

> Anything from Tobago yet?

Nah. The only other international film submitted this month (it's only a day old) is
from Ireland.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/669065777369989120

JTEM is Magic

Dec 28, 2021, 10:17:35 PM12/28/21
JTEM is Magic wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> > Anything from Tobago yet?

> Nah. The only other international film submitted this month (it's only a day old) is
> from Ireland.

Singapore!

-- --

https://filmfreeway.com/BostonsScreamingOstrichFilmFestival