9 things the media ordered you to believe about aliens in 2021

JTEM is Magic

Jan 21, 2022, 4:21:48 PMJan 21

https://www.livescience.com/alien-discoveries-2021

Nothing new or interesting.

Okay, so the claim that they discovered methane on on
of Saturn's moons is interesting, as methane is one of
those tell tale "Signature" gases... signatures of life.

But the context is all wrong.

There are non organic sources of methane -- ridiculously
HUGE quantities of the stuff -- so when we say "Methane
is a signature for life" we generally mean "In the
atmosphere." See, methane doesn't stay in the atmosphere
for very long, so it needs to be replenished. And THAT is
the sign of life here!

Or not here. In this case there is no such atmospheric
signature...

BUT IT COULD STILL MEAN LIFE!

It's just not the "Hmm" find that it would be, or is in the case
of Mars.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/674021350669713408