[FAQ] Official Alt.Prophecies.Drturi FAQ Sheet

Captain Red Beard

Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
This is the Official alt.prophecies.drturi Frequently Asked Questions Sheet

Official Stuff First:

This sheet is officially maintained by Captain Red Beard
Update Frequency: When deemed necessary.

Purpose: To answer the most frequent question that new and experienced
readers of APD ask. It also states the purpose of APD.

Please note: This is the only official FAQ. Information can be sent to
Captain Red Beard, as well as question to be included in future FAQ's.

FAQ:

Q. What is APD?
A. APD are the initials to alt.prophecies.drturi, this newsgroup.

Q. What is the purpose of APD?
A. It is a newsgroup where Psychic Fraud Watchdogs gather information and
warn others about fraudlent psychics, astrologers, prophets, and like
charlatons.

Q. Why 'drturi'?
A. Dr. Turi (explained later) is one of the chief examples used by the
watchdogs for fraudulant practices.

Q. Do the watchdogs believe that psychics, astrologers, and prophets are all
charlatons?
A. While some believe that all forms of the above are fraudulant, many here
believe that it is possible to be a truly gifted with paranormal abilities.
However, this groups purpose is to point out the frauds and run critical
reviews.

Q. Who, or what is Dr. Turi?
A. Dr. Turi is the name of one of the worst examples of astrologers. He
even posts in this newsgroup from time to time. His typical modus operendi
is to make a vague prediction of a highly likely event within a wide window
of time and then claim a hit. An example of this would be to state, "In
August, winds of the east will cause many heartbreak", then when a tornado
or hurricane strikes, he claims it as a hit. Never mind that the end of
summer through fall is a known prime tornado and hurricane season and this
prediction can be made by anyone who knows the pattern.

Q. "Doctor" Turi?
A. Mr Turi, some times refered to as "de Fraud", claims to have a "Doctor's"
degree. This is actually a "store" bought degree from an infamous (Yes, 60
Minutes even profiled them once) diploma mill known as the "Universal Life
Church" in California. His particular degree is currently priced at $200
and can be purchased by anyone.

Q. Why single out Turi?
A. Because he is the most persistent as a fraud. He has several books
published and has a practice of fleecing the week minded. For this he is
singled out as the example for the type. Others include Sollog (sometimes
refered to as $ollog), Sean David Morton, and Ed Dames.

Q. What are some of the signs of a false or fraudulent astrologer, psychic,
or prophet?
A. We will use Turi as the prime example:
1. They refuse to post their predictions on the "Prediction Registry"
located at misc.predictions.registry ( news:misc.predictions.registry ).
Turi is known for posting his predictions then changing them. He will point
you to his own website to check his predictions, but as we all know, this is
nowhere close to being secure. Mr. Turi also has promised to post in the
registry, but months have passed since then.
2. He has also promised that he would not cross post his predictions, yet he
continues to cross post. He is, at best, dishonest, at worst, he is a fraud
of the worst sort.
3. They claim some ancient knowledge of which they are the sole experts. In
Turi's case he claims to be in possession of the secret method that
Nostradamus used. He has yet to be able to explain this method.
4. When questioned about their methods or shady practices, the frauds
typically turn to anger, calling names, and claiming to call upon legal
redress. (Turi is famous for this, but none yet have heard from Turi's
lawyers.)

Q. Does Turi post in this group?
A. Yes, he does. And as stated, he crossposts into many unrelated groups.
As stated above, he refuses to answer questions and criticisms of his
methods. He also refuses to clearly state the source of his degree and his
"secret knowledge". He becomes very angry when asked the most straight
forward of questions.

Q. Do others of Turi's ilk post here?
A. Sollog, in his many guises (Sollog changes screennames like underwear)
posts occassionally, but usually disguises himself as one of his "many"
followers. It is believed that the only believer Sollog has is Sollog.
Turi has tried this trick to some lesser degree, but it known that a few
weak minded people do believe Turi, much like many people still send Benny
Hin and Oral Roberts money.

JMP Pan

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98

Mr. Turi is an obvious fraud. I know I read somewhere about his deviant sexual
activities and his money grubbing. Another false prophet out to bilk people.
He should burn in Hell.

Mr. Turi has no love for human kind. He loves himself and money more than
people he says he serves.

>Subject: [FAQ] Official Alt.Prophecies.Drturi FAQ Sheet
>From: "Captain Red Beard" <Redb...@Disneyland-Fan.org>
>Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.drturi
>Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 02:00:50 GMT

David R. Voth

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
From a sixth-floor window in the alt.prophecies.drturi schoolbook
depository, jmp...@aol.com (JMP Pan) fired these fatal shots:

>Mr. Turi is an obvious fraud. I know I read somewhere about his deviant sexual
>activities and his money grubbing. Another false prophet out to bilk people.
>He should burn in Hell.
>
>Mr. Turi has no love for human kind. He loves himself and money more than
>people he says he serves.

<snip>

At least he's got better manners than the Sollog clones, Wollmann, the
late Earl Curley, etc.

Reverend David Voth
Church of the SubGenius

--
Hang up that cell phone and DRIVE THE #$%^&{} CAR!

Captain Red Beard

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98

David R. Voth wrote in message <36238910....@news.lightspan.com>...

>From a sixth-floor window in the alt.prophecies.drturi schoolbook
>depository, jmp...@aol.com (JMP Pan) fired these fatal shots:

I think he was in the theater the whole time.

DrPostman

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
This needed reposting

--

Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
High Counselor of the New Usenet Order

DrPostman

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99

"God almighty, take the vote and get it over with.''
Shouted out by a spectator in the Senate Gallery - 2/4/99

DrPostman

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99

Captain Red Beard

Feb 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/12/99
Thanks, Dr. Postman, I will soon be updating the Official FAQ. For those of
you that don't know this, Captain Red Beard is the maintainer of the
Official Frequently Asked Questions list for this newsgroup and about Dr.
Turi.

If you have questions about Dr. Turi, please forward them to me, or direct a
question to me in the group, and I will answer them in truth and wisdom.
The best way of directing a question to me is simply start your subject line
with the following "[CRB]".

Thanks,
Captain Red Beard

DrPostman <It...@mysig.emailthere> wrote in message