Aug 19, 2021, 8:12:40 AM8/19/21
Taped 8/19 in Las Vegas (same site as Summerslam).
Tony Khan, owner of All Elite Wrestling, opened. He said that while MJF submitted Chris Jericho on Wednesday, the UWA declared the match as unsanctioned because of "unlawful restraint of trade", due to MJF refusing to allow "Judas", Jericho's theme song, to be played, and Jericho was prohibited from using the Judas Effect, his finisher du jour. The two are being rematched today, and MJF has had the win taken off his record because of a low blow, and getting caught with the Dynamite ring. The UWA demands a level playing field for all matches, unless there are certain stipulations.
1. National title: Malakai Black def. Adam Page in 11:05 with Black Mass to win the title. They needed to get the title off Page as he goes back on paternity leave, and the match was a good one.
2. Ilja Dragunov, making his UWA debut, teamed with MSK to defeat Imperium in 12:55. Dragunov pinned Marcel Barthel after Torpedo Moscow.
MJF came out to gloat about tapping out Jericho, but complained about the UWA penalizing him for "unlawful restraint of trade". He's not facing Jericho today, and cameras show Jericho has been laid out backstage by an unknown party or parties (presumably the Pinnacle).
Khan came out with Stephanie McMahon. He knows Pinnacle ambushed Jericho, because there are witnesses. The rematch is now set for September 5 at Schoolyard Scuffle, and this time, the Pinnacle cannot interfere at all before or during the match. MJF will have to go into a steel cage to settle his issue with Jericho, but if he thinks he's getting out of competing today, he's sadly mistaken. The rest of the Pinnacle (FTR, Shawn Spears, Wardlow, Tully Blanchard) has been ejected from the building, and now, MJF is on his own.
"One more thing, Max.", Stephanie says. "It's GO time!"
3. Jack Hunter destroyed MJF in 3:05 with the Last Ride. Punishment squash.
Post-match, the two founders announced that Fozzy will perform at Schoolyard Scuffle. MJF has made his bed, and now, he gets to lie in it.
4. Austin Theory def. Johnny Gargano in 9:30 with the ATO.
5. Non-title: Karrion Kross submitted Ricochet with the Kross Jacket in 11:56.
Austin crosses paths with Indi Hartwell backstage, stunned over her "engagement" to Dexter Lumis on Tuesday. He's got her back and Dexter's going forward, as they both realize now they've been used.
6. Hartwell used her "fiancee"'s finisher, the Silence, to submit Zelina Vega in 9:11.
7. UWA tag titles: The Viking Raiders def. FTR in 12:05 with Dax Harwood pinned after Thor's Hammer.
Andrade El Idolo and Chavo Guerrero promo. According to Chavo, Kenny Omega needed a biased referee (Tirantes III) to help him at TripleMania last week, but it won't save him this time. With the Elite banned from the arena, Chavo's getting his shot.....
8. Guerrero, with Andrade in the coach's box, def. Omega in a non-title match in 19:41 with the frog splash. Ref Brian Hebner, the same man who officiated the Omega-Christian Cage Impact title match last week, was the 3rd man in the ring here, too.
It was announced that Guerrero will face Drew McIntyre for the UWA title next week, while Andrade gets a rematch with Omega for the AAA Mega title.
It was announced that Faby Apache will get a rematch vs. Deonna Purrazzo for the AAA women's title at Schoolyard Scuffle. She, too, was a victim of Tirantes III's bias, and Purrazzo was retroactively disqualified. AAA's Darian Roldan announced that Tirantes is not allowed to officiate matches in the UWA, so this time, the playing field will be leveled to make the UWA happy.
9. Non-title: Bianca Belair def. Purrazzo with the KOD in 12:53. Post-match, Belair cut a promo on Sasha Banks, and promised to punish her at Summerslam.