Jan 20, 2022, 11:01:56 AMJan 20
The show opens with "exclusive" footage post-NXT on Tuesday. Shawn Michaels reveals he's received communication from Stephanie McMahon ordering two rematches due to "illegal participation".
1. Dexter Lumis submitted Grayson Waller in 3:30 with the Silence. Saurav, Waller's newly hired bodyguard, was ejected immediately. Waller tried to leave, but HBK announced that if he did, Waller would be suspended for 30 days for misconduct.
2. Kay Lee Ray def. Ivy Nile in 11:04 with the KLR (Gory) Bomb. Nile's pin had been the result of an illegal distraction by Mandy Rose. The lazy NXT women's champion was warned not get involved again, else Toxic Attraction would get the death penalty, forfeiture of their titles.
3. Tag team gold rush, quarter-finals/non-title: Jurassic Express def. Rey & Dominik Mysterio in 17:53 when Rey tapped to the Snare Trap. Total babyface match.
4. Kris Statlander & Orange Cassidy def. Adam Cole & Dr. Britt Baker in a do-over from 1/19. Time was 13:51. Cole was told that he was disqualified on 1/19 for using a low blow to set up the finish, which is not allowed in the UWA ever. Basically, Cole is on job duty every time he does this, copying Triple H's tactics from 2000. Cassidy got the win back with the Orange Punch.
5. Tag team gold rush, quarter-finals/non-title: The New Day def. the Usos via DQ in 17:11 when Universal champ Roman Reigns ran in and speared Kofi Kingston behind the back of ref Jessika Carr. However, the fans stooged off Reigns, thus disallowing the pin. It'll be New Day vs. Jurassic Express in 2 weeks.
Bobby Fish promo. Kyle O'Reilly is away due to the birth of his daughter, so reDRagon's match vs. Josh Briggs & Brooks Jensen has been pushed back to next week.
6. Diamond Mine (Roderick Strong & the Creed Brothers) def. The Kingdom (Matt Taven, Vinny Marseglia, & Mike Bennett) in 13:40 when Strong hit End of Heartache on Taven.
7. LA Knight def. Joe Gacy in 11:03 with the Gravy Train.
8. Non-title: Raquel Gonzalez def. Maria Bennett in 6:00 flat with the Chingona Bomb.
It was announced that Reigns, due to his illegal actions, will not be in the UWA title tournament. If the Usos were to interfere in his matches, they, too, would be subject to the death penalty.
Former NWA champion Nick Aldis and his wife, Impact women's champion Mickie James, announced the field for the UWA title tournament, NWA division:
1. Trevor Murdoch vs. 16. Max Castellanos.
2. Hangman Adam Page vs. 15. Matt Taven.
3. Moose vs. 14. Jay Lethal.
4. Jonathan Gresham vs. 13. Adam Cole.
5. National champion (Chris Adonis or Keith Lee) vs. 12. PCO.
6. TNT champion (Cody Rhodes or Sammy Guevara) vs. 11. Anthony Mayweather (formerly Crimson).
7. Trey Miguel vs. 10. Rodney Mack.
8. Tony Deppen or Tyrus vs. 9. Nick Aldis.
Deppen, the Ring of Honor TV champion, will face Tyrus, the NWA TV champ, next week. Guevara is also the UWA cruiserweight champion, and will face Cody next week as well as at AEW Beach Break. Lee vs. Adonis is today's main event.
9. UWA National title: Keith Lee def. Chris Adonis to advance via Spirit Bomb in 12:40, so Lee gets PCO in the 1st round.
WWE will reveal its bracket next week.