(fantasy) UWA Champions Challenge, 11/20

hobb...@yahoo.com

Nov 21, 2021, 12:39:18 PM11/21/21
From Manhattan (Manhattan Center):

1. Future Stars, quarter-finals/non-title: Bron Breakker def. Carmelo Hayes in 14:40 with the gorilla press powerslam.

2. Future Stars, quarter-finals: Von Wagner def. Grayson Waller in 11:04 with the butterfly superplex.

Footage is inserted of NXT ref Daphne Lashaunn registering an illegal fast count on Naomi on Smackdown (11/19). Sonya Deville denies having any knowledge of the plan, knowing the Board of Directors is watching her every move.

Exclusive footage: The camera follows Lashaunn until she meets trouble shooter (and UWA co-founder) Jack Hunter.

"Take a walk with me.", he says, and the two continue down the hall to his office. Once there, Daphne explains her sitch:

"Coach James (Brian "Road Dogg" James) called me into his office at the performance center Thursday morning, and asked me to fly in for tonight. Said there was a referee shortage due to vacations."

"I've known Coach James for a very long time.", Jack replies. "What he told you about a referee shortage was a lie told to him by certain of the senior staff that doesn't belong here. I'm throwing out the result of the tag match, wiping the slate clean. Now, did he mention who gave him the request?"

"N-n-n-no.", she stammers, scared. "I am just following orders."

"It's okay. I know who it is anyway, and we're going to fix this."

3. Aliyah & Naomi def. Natalya & Shayna Baszler in a do-over from Smackdown in 9:30 Aliyah pinned Natalya after a rocket launcher splash. Backstage, Jack & Daphne are watching, and Daphne finally realizes she'd been rooked.

"I was warned about this before getting the call.", she says. "I've heard a Mr. L. was behind this."

"The same guy that fired your fiancee (Leon Ruff) several months ago. Come Sunday, that guy is a dead man walking."

4. Future Stars, quarter-finals: Top Dolla (AJ Francis, in his final WWE match) vs. Odyssey Jones ended in a time limit draw. Both men are eliminated. It was the only solution to this hoss fight.

Sonya Deville shows up, and is looking for Daphne, but gets Stephanie instead. Sonya brought along a "lawyer" (a local actor), but the decision is final. Deville is under suspension for misconduct until January, and she is removed from the building. The "lawyer" is ejected as well, and Steph heads for the ring, with Jack by her side.

After a break, Stephanie announces that regardless of what happens at Survivor Series, they're going to do the two Raw vs. Smackdown tag eliminators at Bragging Rights as "fan retribution" for the asinine way Deville & Adam Pearce have messed up the teams.

Men: Rey Mysterio is being reinstated to Team Raw. However, Seth Rollins is being replaced by AJ Styles. Pearce illegally targeted the Mysterios, and Steph says that Pearce, too, has been getting bad advice from "Mr. L." (John Laurinaitis). The mixed messages the last two Mondays undermined Pearce's plans.

Women: On Team Raw, Carmella is out, and replaced by Nikki ASH. But before they can discuss Smackdown, Sonya is back, with her "lawyer" and John Laurinaitis. Adam Pearce is also there. Jack glares at the faux barrister.

"Get out now if you value your health.", he hisses. The actor leaves.

Adam speaks for the group.

"I will submit that it was an experiment, putting the teams together on social media.", he said. "Things change when you least expect them..."

"Cut the crap, Adam.", Stephanie says. "I want to hear from the idiot in charge.", meaning, of course, Laurinaitis.

"If you're looking for reasons why Naomi & Aliyah aren't on Team Smackdown, it is, I'm sorry to say, Stephanie, none of your business, or anyone else's, including your ex. The decisions are final."

"No, they're not, scum.", Jack growls. He turns to Sonya.

"If you want to commute your suspension, then suit up, we'll get you an opponent. Refuse, and you might as well leave."

"Alright, fine. You'll be sorry.", she says with confidence.

"We'll see about that."

The final Future Stars quarter-final, Xyon Quinn vs. Solo Sikoa, has been postponed, as Quinn is in the concussion protocol after an ambush by Legado del Fantasma on Tuesday. Legado, save for Elektra Lopez, has been suspended again, this time for 60 days, retroactive to November 17, for misconduct. Lopez is in action next.

5. Sasha Banks submitted Lopez with the Bank Statement in 3:30. Punishment squash.

6. Non-title: Raquel Gonzalez def. Sonya Deville in 2:30. It's clear Deville still isn't ready to work a full match. Punishment squash #2, ending with the Gingona Bomb.

Stephanie announces that both Sikoa & Quinn have advanced to what is now a fatal 4-way final in the Future Stars tournament on December 4.

7. Non-title: Tomasso Ciampa def. Roderick Strong in 18:30 with the Fairy Tale Ending.

8. UWA women's tag titles: With Sarray in Japan on holiday, Cora Jade becomes Io Shirai's new partner, with Zoey Stark injured. Order of elimination:

1st fall: Jade pinned Gigi Dolin by reversing the abdominal slam into a cradle in 11:30. Toxic Attraction refused to leave, and had to be escorted out by security.

2nd fall: Rhea Ripley pinned Marti Belle after Riptide at 20:40.
3rd fall: Anna Jay submitted Cassie Lee (The IInspiration) with the Queenslayer submission at 28:45.
4th fall: Shirai pinned Jay after the moonsault at 29:10.
5th fall: Ripley pinned Jade with Riptide to win the titles at 39:43.

The final card for Bragging Rights:

Raw vs. Smackdown tag team rematches.
UWA title: Drew McIntyre vs. Cody Rhodes.
National title: Malakai Black vs. Chris Bey.
UWA Cruiserweight title: Sammy Guevara vs. World Famous CB.
AEW title: Adam Page makes his first title defense vs. Bobby Fish. These two know each other from Ring of Honor.
UWA World tag team titles: The Viking Raiders vs. Imperium.