(fantasy) UWA Champions Challenge, 10/21

hobb...@yahoo.com

Oct 21, 2023, 7:35:32 AM10/21/23
From Baltimore:

An angry Jack Hunter walks out of the Founders' office at the arena, with Stephanie McMahon trailing behind him. She knows that if the One Man Assault Machine is this angry, certain people will get hurt. She pleads with him, and Jack pauses.

"I am getting sick & tired of all this.", he snarls. "Walk with me."

"Long as you calm down.", Stephanie purrs, hooking his arm.

Thus, when the duo reach the ring, Stephanie is the one cutting a promo for today's card:

Judgment Day & JD McDonagh vs. Carmelo Hayes, John Cena, Raquel Rodriguez, Cody Rhodes, & Jey Uso. Uso replaces the injured Trick Williams.

WWE Women's title: IYO SKY vs. Charlotte Flair in a return from Smackdown. Dakota Kai is on medical suspension as she rehabs her leg injury. Bayley is banned from ringside. IYO was DQ'd on Friday for using the belt as a weapon.

Skye Blue vs. Ruby Soho in a return from Rampage. Soho was also DQ'd.
TNT title: Christian Cage vs. Bryan Danielson in a return from 10/14. Cage was DQ'd for interference.

National title: Bobby Lashley vs. Wardlow.
Bianca Belair returns vs. Bayley.

Smackdown GM Nick Aldis came out to interrupt. He gets why IYO had to be disqualified after the fact, but he warns Jack not to bring his brand of "frontier justice" to the blue brand. Big mistake!!

"Nicholas, you know better than that!", Jack replies. "Now, we've got Full Moon Frenzy next week. Bragging Rights is three weeks later, on November 18. That night, we're going to see a sort-of preview of Survivor Series, since I think I know the direction we're going Thanksgiving weekend. Adam Pearce had asked why you hadn't sanctioned Jimmy Uso with a fine for his illegal trespass onto Raw, and you didn't answer. I'm not digging that at all, but I'll tell you what. You're still an active wrestler, putting your career aside to be an administrator (Stephanie nods). Adam really hasn't had a chance to shine in a WWE ring, so what we're going to do at Bragging Rights is this. You & Adam will be team captains. Raw vs. Smackdown, part 1."

Shawn Michaels interrupted. Make it a 3-way, with NXT back in the mix. Shawn is officially retired, and won't compete, but NXT champion Ilja Dragunov will be the NXT team captain, leading the following:

Carmelo Hayes.
Becky Lynch.
Tony D'Angelo & Stacks Lorenzo.

Three teams of 5, similar to what we'll see in the 10 person mixed tag later, this time in an elimination format. Aldis warms up to this idea, and he & HBK leave.

1. TNT title: Bryan Danielson def. Christian Cage via DQ in 7:34 in a repeat of the Collision match last week. This time, Ricky Starks got caught by ref Mike Chioda, and the bell rang to end the match. Adam Copeland came out to a big pop to make the save. Chioda took the TNT belt from Cage, and declared the title vacant, as Cage is stripped of the title for blatant disregard of rules.

2. FTR def. Juice Robinson & Jay White in 3:30. The Bullet Club Gold leaders were squashed as punishment for their cheating on 10/18. Robinson was pinned after the Shatter Machine.

3. Skye Blue def. Ruby Soho in 2:54 with Code Blue. Punishment squash #2. The spray paint was confiscated. Saraya protested, and was ejected. It's worth noting Blue is not wearing the extra eye shadow that would suggest a heel turn under the thrall of Julia Hart.

4. National title: Wardlow def. Bobby Lashley in 13:55 with the Powerbomb Symphony to win the title. The Street Profits never came out, which made Lashley angry. He'd later find out they were being reamed out by Bianca Belair.

5. UWA women's tag team titles: Thea Hail & Jacy Jayne def. Katana Chance & Kayden Carter in 13:31 via submission to win the titles. Hail tapped out Chance with the Kimura.

6. Bianca Belair def. Bayley in 3:55 with the KOD. Punishment squash #3. Belair cut a promo pre-match, and said that Bayley had stripped IYO SKY of her honor & dignity by being a self-serving parasite, warning IYO that Bayley will eventually come after her title.

Adam Pearce came out. Raw's team at Bragging Rights on 11/18 will be himself as captain, donning the trunks & boots, plus:

Cody Rhodes.
Jey Uso.
Sami Zayn.
Raquel Rodriguez.

Because of Judgment Day's blatant cheating on the men's side of late, they will not be participating at Bragging Rights, and neither will the Bloodline. Nick Aldis will announce the Smackdown team supporting him in 2 weeks.

7. WWE women's title: IYO SKY def. Charlotte Flair in 18:53 with the Over The Moonsault. Better than their Friday match without the illegal actions of Damage CTRL.

8. Dark Angel (Roxanne Perez) def. Saraya in 4:50 with Falling Darkness. Saraya was also being punished for her actions.

9. Cody Rhodes, Jey Uso, John Cena, Carmelo Hayes, & Raquel Rodriguez def. Judgment Day in 23:45 when Rodriguez pinned Rhea Ripley with the Texano Bomb as the guys brawled to the back.

Backstage, the Bloodline (Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa) tried to help Judgment Day, but were blocked by Kevin Owens and the Brawling Brutes.

Next week at Full Moon Frenzy:

NXT Heritage Cup: Noam Dar vs. Butch.
UWA title: Keith Lee vs. Ricky Starks.
AEW title: Max Friedman vs. Juice Robinson. Bullet Club Gold is banned.
UWA women's title: Asuka vs. ????.
NXT North American title: Dominik Mysterio must go without Judgment Day as he seeks to reclaim the title he's stolen twice vs. Nathan Frazer.