OmniMix 2.6.0.0 APPCRASH

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 16, 2021, 1:43:14 AM9/16/21

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OmniMix.exe
Application Version: 2.6.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: StackHash_eb3c
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 748ae534
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: eb3c
Additional Information 2: eb3ce844baad0cb3b3e3afcb790e9aab
Additional Information 3: 314e
Additional Information 4: 314eba215ad7d0bcdc25087ead700e78

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read
our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

OS Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. Very basic install, file
serving and runs OmniMix. Hardware is Lenovo M58e, 3Ghz dual
core, 4 GB RAM, fibre channel HBA. Solid setup. It's run
OmniMix through multiple versions.

Made a copy of the 2.5.1 OmniMix that was running on the server
and installed 2.6.0.0 over it. Seems to work okay. All my
servers that I had added were present. Tested them and they
work.

It was processing a few messages.

I was on the Anon Mail Server tab, Anon at the time. I clicked
the Direct tab and it stopped responding, then crashed.

I will try and see if this can be reproduced later.

Anonymous

Sep 16, 2021, 9:19:16 AM9/16/21
"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

>Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: OmniMix.exe
> Application Version: 2.6.0.0
> Application Timestamp: 00000000
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_eb3c
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c00000fd

Error code 0xC00000FD means STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW.
OM may be running out of memory?

Nomen Nescio

Sep 16, 2021, 10:11:58 AM9/16/21
In article <c6655b38701a03e8...@remailer.privacy.at>
"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at>
wrote:

Over here it only crashes on low memory, which usually happens
with a few virtual machines running or tens of open Firefox tabs.
And your 4 GB RAM look suspicious in that respect.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 17, 2021, 3:13:58 AM9/17/21

In article
<b3fe8815030c82d2...@remailer.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nob...@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>
> >Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: OmniMix.exe
> > Application Version: 2.6.0.0
> > Application Timestamp: 00000000
> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_eb3c
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> > Exception Code: c00000fd
>
> Error code 0xC00000FD means STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW.
> OM may be running out of memory?

Taskmgr says OM used 9.5 MB of mem. It's been running fine
since, but I have not had time to go prod it. It will have to
wait until this weekend.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 17, 2021, 3:39:28 AM9/17/21

In article <a2482a94de5e38d6...@dizum.com>
1.23 GB in use, 2.7 GB available.

Very few processes running on this server. Even when I run a
lot of I/O over network shares to FC LUNs, the memory use stays
below 3 GB. Taskmgr is reporting OM using 9.5 MB of mem.

Could have just been a fluke. Haven't had time to go mess with
it again yet. Things got busy.

Anonymous

Sep 20, 2021, 7:00:32 AM9/20/21
In article <99cb9b876854a989...@remailer.privacy.at>
Tried several times and could not get OmniMix to crash again.
Could not reproduce the crash.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 20, 2021, 7:51:09 AM9/20/21
Anonymous <nob...@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Tried several times and could not get OmniMix to crash again.
> Could not reproduce the crash.

Good news! Thanks!