Ping Sec3

Jeremy Bentham

Apr 26, 2016, 11:59:02 AM4/26/16
Your stats are taking up to 20 seconds to download. Do you have a server hang up problem?

SEC3

Apr 26, 2016, 12:31:32 PM4/26/16

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Apr 26, 2016, 3:30:45 PM4/26/16

Anonymous

Apr 26, 2016, 6:30:25 PM4/26/16
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:32:35 -0400, you wrote:

> On 04/26/2016 03:30 PM, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:
>
> > Recomend vps with dedicated ECC Ram and RAID SSD storage. Much more
> > reliable than the type of vps that is on a shared server (can't
> > think of the name). DigitalOcean uses dedicated.
> >

> Thanks. I have a XEN-PV slice provided by HostingInside.com.
>
> I am currently corresponding with tech support. They've asked for an
> MTR report. Which I provided to them. So I guess it's a routing issue.
> 'Fingers crossed.
>
> SEC3

SEC3, if you start looking at VPS providers, check out ramnode.com.
I'm running a middle remailer and a middle Tor relay on the same
instance. I have 1GB of memory, 75GB of storage, 3TB of bandwidth
per month. Their support is top notch and my server hasn't had a
hickup in 2 years.

SEC3

Apr 26, 2016, 11:47:56 PM4/26/16
Thanks for the recommendation!

SEC3

Nomen Nescio

Apr 27, 2016, 10:33:14 AM4/27/16

> On 04/26/2016 03:30 PM, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:
>

>> Recomend vps with dedicated ECC Ram and RAID SSD storage. Much more
>> reliable than the type of vps that is on a shared server (can't
>> think of the name). DigitalOcean uses dedicated.
>>

> Thanks. I have a XEN-PV slice provided by HostingInside.com.
>
> I am currently corresponding with tech support. They've asked for an
> MTR report. Which I provided to them. So I guess it's a routing issue.
> 'Fingers crossed.

What's MTR? Asking for Money To Repair?

Anonymous

Apr 27, 2016, 10:38:29 AM4/27/16

Fritz Wuehler

Apr 27, 2016, 4:18:41 PM4/27/16
Something to take into consideration. Ramnode uses OpenVZ. Digital Ocean, also a very dependable VPS, uses KVM for their VPSs.

The biggest difference between OpenVZ and DigitalOcean is that OpenVZ VPSs sharing the host kernel, whereas Digital Ocean VPS droplets are fully virtualized, which helps with security and data privacy. With KVM, everything is separately compartmentalized. OpenVZ VPN suppliers can also oversell their products, possibly the actual cause of the sec3 slowdown.

KVM use to be more expensive that OpenVZ, but it is the same low price with Digital Ocean.

Jack Ryan

Apr 27, 2016, 10:08:44 PM4/27/16
Ramnode also offers KVM options here:

http://ramnode.com/vps.php

Anonymous

Apr 28, 2016, 8:20:37 AM4/28/16
The advantage of Digital Ocean is that it has 20GB SSD disk storage to Ramnode's 10GB for the same $5/mo. I am not sure about Ramnode's pricing, but the maximum charge by DO per month is $5.