PrivacyTools.io Uses Censorship to Protect Protonmail

Anonymous

Sep 3, 2021, 1:41:21 PM9/3/21
The privacy-watchdog site which exposed Proton Mail has been taken
down. I'm going to post in a.p.a-s some of the informative articles
from the site.

The privacy-watchdog site which exposed Proton Mail has been taken
down.

I'm going to post in a.p.a-s some of the informative articles from the
site.

https://privacy-watchdog.io/privacytools-io-censors-true-information/

PrivacyTools.io Uses Censorship to Protect Protonmail
by Watchdog

September 24, 2019

Short Summary:

Privacytools used censorship to protect Protonmail on Reddit
PrivacyTools references a blog post that is mostly non-related.
Is PrivacyTools still credible?

Detailed Analysis:

1. Privacytools.io Used Censorship to Protect Protonmail

Privacy-Watchdog.io posted two properly cited articles on the
subreddit r/privacytools. In response, the forum moderator, trai_dep,
censored the two posts by deleting them from the subreddit. They
suggested I post to r/conspiracy until I could find “reputable sources
to support my claims”. Here’s the problem: Protonmail statements are
my primary source. Let’s review the two articles and citations below:

Privacy-Watchdog Post: Protonmail’s false claim list
Sources Used: 7 citations from Protonmail, 1 from Reuters, 1 from
Vice & 1 from Professor Nadim Kobeissi
Privacy-Watchdog Post: Protonmail’s Crowdfunding & Equity Sale
Sources Used: 8 Citations from Protonmail, 3 from Protonmail’s
Twitter, 1 from Forbes and 1 From BleepingComputer.

If you do an analysis on Privacytools.io historical article & source
approval history, you’ll find these are more than adequate.
2. PrivacyTools References a Mostly Non-Related Reddit Page

Privacytools.io stated: “Visit this post to read r/Protonmail’s
at where Privacytools directed me, it’s a Reddit post that I created
where I ask Protonmail 4 questions:

Question: How much code was written at MIT?
Protonmail Eventually Responded: Wei Sun, Protonmail’s Cryptography &
Computer science major during their creation, wrote his portion of the
code at MIT in an NSA/CIA funded department.
Question: Has Protonmail provided a response to the US/Swiss MLAT
treaty?
Protonmail Response: “ProtonMail only responds to orders which have
been approved by a Swiss court.”

Question: How much equity does CRV and FONGIT have?
Protonmail Response: CRV & FONGIT own less than 20%.

Question: Does Protonmail maintain any close connections with current
Gmail/Google employees? If so, what information is shared?

Protonmail Response: Protonmail received help from a Google Engineer
during their DDOS attack in 2015.

For PrivacyTools.io to reference this blog post illustrates they did
not read the post. What likely happened was Protonmail provided
Privacytools.io with the response PM wanted Privacytools to make. Then
Privacytools copy/pasted that response to me without any fact-checking
whatsoever.

2. Is PrivacyTools still credible?

Privacytools.io Github shows there is an 8 person team that maintains
their website. Their GitHub profile reveals that some of their key
creators, like Shifterovich, use Protonmail. Their Patreon page shows
they earn $11/month from donations. Protonmail is a million-dollar
company with questionable ethics. Is it possible that Protonmail makes
donations to PrivacyTools in return for censoring information in their
behalf? That’s impossible to know for certain however an analysis of
the facts show that Privacytools.io utilized censorship to hide
harmful/true information about Protonmail. Censoring the truth should
never be done especially by a website like Privacytools.io.

I am just an old defense contractor, with PTSD, running a shitty
wordpress site. Privacytools.io and Protonmail’s girly games don’t
affect me at all. However, I had a friend who was harmed because of a
data security issue. Every day I remember that experience in perfect
detail. I don’t have fucking patience to fuck around with censorship
or favoritism. Someone could get hurt because they misunderstood their
security tools.

Privacytools.io gives advice to many people seeking privacy &
security. My concern is someone could get hurt because Privacytools.io
censored truth for a company that sends them “donations”. In closing I
will quote PrivacyTools website: “Never trust any company with your
privacy”. Based on their actions maybe you shouldn’t trust
Privacytools.io either.
Privacy Watchdog

Contact me via Email or Reddit

(dead link)
https://privacy-watchdog.io/privacytools-io-censors-true-
information/Privacy-...@tutanota.com

(More info and posts regarding Proton Mail)
https://www.reddit.com/user/Privacy-Watchdog

Nomen Nescio

Sep 12, 2021, 5:17:19 PM9/12/21
In article