OmniMix 9/11 Edition

OmniMix Tester

Sep 11, 2021, 4:37:13 PM9/11/21
| 2.6.0 Bugfix: Due to a Lazarus bug not closing modal windows
correctly IDE
| reverted to FPC 3.0.4 revision 37149 / Lazarus 2.0.0 revision
60307.
| Yamn remailer support added including extended Anon Switch
Header and
| remailer network selector within the Mailer, x86 (32-bit)
binary
| yamn.exe downloaded from IPFS.io and patched to prevent
phoning home.
| Switch to de-/activate 'fingering' of nym server data during
statistics
| update.
| 'All Pingers' tab added to the Log section.
| Tor updated to version 0.4.5.10.
| As the FreePascal / Lazarus project recently migrated its
repository to
| GitLab, the IDE build process now uses Git instead of
Subversion (SVN).

network. <<<<

Yamn Remailer

Sep 11, 2021, 7:55:44 PM9/11/21
OmniMix Tester <omnimix...@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

> network. <<<<

I do not manage to send a *Yamn* message with OmniMix 2.6.0 uno.
How did you do this ?

But thanks to Christian to implement Yamn in OmniMix.

Anonymous

Sep 12, 2021, 4:54:11 AM9/12/21
Yamn Remailer <nor...@mixmin.net> wrote:

>> network. <<<<
>
>I do not manage to send a *Yamn* message with OmniMix 2.6.0 uno.
>How did you do this ?

There's a Remailer selector at the StateInt tab: Mixmaster or Yamn.

Anonymous

Sep 12, 2021, 7:56:22 AM9/12/21
Thanks!

Anonymous Remailer

Sep 12, 2021, 8:52:05 AM9/12/21
If you are referring to Richard Christian, OmniMix wasn't written
by Richard. It was written by Danner.

Anonymous

Sep 12, 2021, 12:07:53 PM9/12/21
Richard Christman wrote QSL

Christian Danner wrote Omnimix

Anonymous

Sep 12, 2021, 1:09:40 PM9/12/21
>There's a Remailer selector at the StateInt tab: Mixmaster or Yamn.

and at the Mailer and SetNym-Send: Default / Mixmaster / Yamn.

But: Even with short messages number of Yamn copies / files often
doesn't meet -c parameter - why?

Anonymous

Sep 12, 2021, 2:00:26 PM9/12/21
car...@i46a.com wrote:
+1

>Does Omnimix work with Windows XP?

Omnimix does, Hamster does, Tor does not.

: tor.exe - Entry Point Not Found
: The procedure entry point if_nametoindex could not be located in the dynamic link library IPHLPAPI.DLL.

https://www.torproject.org/download/tor/
Windows Expert Bundle
Windows 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server (>= 2008)

And older Tor versions won't connect to directory servers any longer.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 12, 2021, 2:28:48 PM9/12/21
What a great Sunday morning!

On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 22:37:11 +0200, OmniMix Tester wrote:

> | 2.6.0 Bugfix: Due to a Lazarus bug not closing modal windows correctly IDE
> | reverted to FPC 3.0.4 revision 37149 / Lazarus 2.0.0 revision 60307.

Finally that annoying click-twice problem was fixed. :-)

> | Yamn remailer support added including extended Anon Switch Header and
> | remailer network selector within the Mailer, x86 (32-bit) binary
> | yamn.exe downloaded from IPFS.io and patched to prevent phoning home.

Nice Yamn testing platform. Still don't trust it.

> | Switch to de-/activate 'fingering' of nym server data during statistics
> | update.

Took some time to find it at State Ext - Nym - Finger.
Much faster updates now!

> | 'All Pingers' tab added to the Log section.
> | Tor updated to version 0.4.5.10.
> | As the FreePascal / Lazarus project recently migrated its repository to
> | GitLab, the IDE build process now uses Git instead of Subversion (SVN).

Now starting a VM to build OM myself and compare binaries ...

Posted with Mixmaster.

Anonymous

Sep 12, 2021, 3:01:06 PM9/12/21
In article <8a10b7a8571b0d80...@remailer.paranoici.org> Anonymous
For those using OM's message header directives:

<http://danner-net.de/omom/tutorremailparameters.htm>

Anon Switch - Set this header in your message to override the routing presets.

'<switch>: no' sends the message directly,
'<switch>: yes' means routing through the default remailer network,
'<switch>: mixmaster' means routing through the Mixmaster network,
'<switch>: yamn' means routing through the Yamn network.

Different remailer networks means different remailer names, which is why with
a remailer definition also an appropriate remailer chain definition compatible
with the network you selected should be sent.

Example: 'O-Anon-Send: Yes'

Nomen Nescio

Sep 12, 2021, 5:44:58 PM9/12/21
car...@i46a.com wrote:

>Okay. Ominimix works with XP but cannot use Tor. Got it.

Not quite correct. OM is capable of using whichever Tor installation is
running at your computer. If you have one that's compatible with WinXP
that's fine. Deactivate Tor Autostart at the Tor|Run tab and set your
Tor's address as well as SOCKS and control port at the Tor|Cfg and
Tor|Ctl tab. Or try to integrate that Tor version into OM by replacing
the files in OM's tor folder or solely pointing OM to your
installation's tor.exe and torrc file.

>I use Tor bundle 5.5a4 with QSL. Works fine. Are they going to cut
>my old Tor off for Web broswing and for QSL? When? It's presently
>still working.

Then OM is also good to go.

Anonymous Remailer

Sep 13, 2021, 12:08:06 PM9/13/21
Don't mind. Just copies to the NSA.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 13, 2021, 4:22:48 PM9/13/21

In article
<158f1c9e8be2b1c4...@remailer.paranoici.org>
YAMN is kind of quirky. That happens even with the remailer
client. My guess is that a random remailer in the chain may
momentarily not be available during sending, but the post
arrives okay.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 14, 2021, 4:05:18 PM9/14/21
In article <53ddb3999ee370d3...@remailer.paranoici.org>
I think I am too dumb. I do not manage to send Yamn messages with Omnimix.
What do I have to set where, please.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 15, 2021, 3:02:46 AM9/15/21
>I think I am too dumb. I do not manage to send Yamn messages with Omnimix.
>What do I have to set where, please.

Please be more specific.

Anonymous

Sep 15, 2021, 3:51:26 AM9/15/21
Install Omnimix, then
- with the integrated Mailer switch Remailer from Default to Yamn, press Send.
- with external mail clients go to the State-Int tab, switch Remailer from
Mixmaster to Yamn, press Start at the main panel, then send your message.

Anonymous

Sep 15, 2021, 9:15:24 AM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 2:51 AM, Anonymous wrote:

>> I think I am too dumb. I do not manage to send Yamn messages with Omnimix.
>> What do I have to set where, please.
>
> Install Omnimix, then
> - with the integrated Mailer switch Remailer from Default to Yamn, press Send.
> - with external mail clients go to the State-Int tab, switch Remailer from
> Mixmaster to Yamn, press Start at the main panel, then send your message.

On 9/15/2021 2:51 AM, Anonymous wrote:

>> I think I am too dumb. I do not manage to send Yamn messages with
Omnimix.
>> What do I have to set where, please.
>
> Install Omnimix, then
> - with the integrated Mailer switch Remailer from Default to Yamn,
press Send.
> - with external mail clients go to the State-Int tab, switch Remailer
from
> Mixmaster to Yamn, press Start at the main panel, then send your
message.

Thanks.

However following those instructions exactly, sending messages via Yamn
fails both with the native OM mailer, and an external mailer using
Thunderbird.

The error message is exactly this:

"Sending error (anon) sending the mailer message. Sending error
Yamn encryption failed. Yamn returned no files."

I don't really need to use Yamn and Omnimix.

But if there is a simple fix for this problem, I'd still like to try.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 15, 2021, 3:49:29 PM9/15/21
Not Answered.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 16, 2021, 3:05:45 PM9/16/21
Well, apparently I am a certified dumbass. The perils of being new...
But that is no excuse.

My issue is solved.

The instructions for sending a Yamn mailer message inside Omnimix could
not be easier. Christian really did a beautiful job of including Yamn in OM.

I reasoned that the solution must be easy as well.

After poking around, I found thius is what I had done.

Using Mixmaster, in the Anon tab/Remailer News, I had specified a
specific exit remailer. It was Paranoia.

So my chain looked like this:
* * * paranoia

I left that setting intact while using Yamn, and delivery failed every time.

"Paranoia" is not a valid Yamn node

So I changed it to this which is the default setting:
* * * *

And once I did that, bingo. Yamn messages sailed right through as they
were intended.

Note to Self: Don't change default setting unless you know exactly what
you're doing.

SEC3

Sep 16, 2021, 3:36:45 PM9/16/21
On 2021-09-16 3:05 p.m., Nomen Nescio wrote:

> "Paranoia" is not a valid Yamn node
>
> So I changed it to this which is the default setting:
> * * * *
>
> And once I did that, bingo. Yamn messages sailed right through as they
> were intended.

Incidentally, there *is* a Yamn remailer run by the Paranoia operator.
It is called paranoyamn.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp