Iran says it recovers information from US sailors' devices

Nomen Nescio

Mar 16, 2016, 2:02:26 AM3/16/16
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/15/iran-says-it-recovers-
information-from-us-sailors-
devices.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 16, 2016, 7:20:34 AM3/16/16

Fixing your broken link:

<http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/15/iran-says-it-recovers-information-from-us-sailors-devices.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork>

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!

Cornelis Tromp

Mar 16, 2016, 10:35:54 AM3/16/16
No problem.. probably all pedo and porno sites and photos.

Shadow

Mar 16, 2016, 5:42:33 PM3/16/16
On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 06:52:10 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
<nob...@dizum.com> wrote:

><http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/15/iran-says-it-recovers-information-from-us-sailors-devices.html>

Fox News ? Hardly a trustworthy source. But it shows backdoors
work for anyone.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Happy.Hobo

Mar 21, 2016, 2:39:18 AM3/21/16
On 03-16-2016 16:42, Shadow wrote:
> Fox News ? Hardly a trustworthy source

The only thing wrong with this cliche is that it implies that all the
other media liars are somehow better.

Jolly Roger

Mar 21, 2016, 3:01:11 AM3/21/16
Not really, but you may be inferring that.

JR

Anonymous

Mar 21, 2016, 1:23:45 PM3/21/16
In article <klkjeb1p65fnc9g08...@4ax.com>
Shadow <S...@dow.br> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 06:52:10 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
> <nob...@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> ><http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/15/iran-says-it-recovers-information-from-us-sailors-devices.html>
>
> Fox News ? Hardly a trustworthy source. But it shows backdoors
> work for anyone.

Show us something Fox has published that is untrustworthy.

Nathan Hale

Mar 21, 2016, 2:05:02 PM3/21/16
"Fox News ? Hardly a trustworthy source. But it shows backdoors
work for anyone. "

Yes indeed.. a well worn exultation usually chanted by left wing
liberals seated round a campfire as the sun sets.

Please demonstrate Fox's untrustworthiness.

gtr

Mar 21, 2016, 2:30:55 PM3/21/16
Yes; Any *news* outlet is better than one known and understood to be a
political mouthpiece for one party/ideology. There's a difference
between journalism, whether good or bad, and obvious political
propaganda or agitprop. The latter is *intended* to corrupt
information to further the goals of an ideology. Yes, fortunately, Fox
has become a cliche of propaganda, and they don't seem to have any
problems with that characterization.

Shadow

Mar 21, 2016, 3:09:42 PM3/21/16
LOL
I'm just one person, not an army of typists.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 21, 2016, 3:16:41 PM3/21/16
On 16/03/2016 1:52 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/15/iran-says-it-recovers-
> information-from-us-sailors-
> devices.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora release 23) Linux 4.4.5-300.fc23.x86_64
^ ^ 03:09:02 up 1 day 20:50 0 users load average: 1.09 1.06 1.05

chrisv

Mar 21, 2016, 3:18:47 PM3/21/16
Shadow wrote:

> []'s

What is that supposed to mean?

--
"I was stupid long before I ever used Linux" - "philo"

Jolly Roger

Mar 21, 2016, 3:42:26 PM3/21/16
On 2016-03-21, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Shadow wrote:
>
>> []'s
>
> What is that supposed to mean?

I asked and he never answered. Someone else speculated it's his way of
telling us he is trimming quoted material. It seems strange to me that
someone would bother pointing out a common behavior such as trimming
unneeded quoting, though. I suspect he just thinks brackets are cool, or
something.

Happy.Hobo

Mar 21, 2016, 3:58:04 PM3/21/16
Bull. You are right about Fox, but I've heard just as egregious
distortions from many others.

Right-wingers love to complain about "liberal media bias" just as much
as left-wingers complain about Fox. Both are right, but seem to think
anyone who shares their viewpoints is telling the truth.

Jack Ryan

Mar 21, 2016, 4:51:27 PM3/21/16
So what are these rag headed, murderous bastards going to do with the information?

Anonymous

Mar 21, 2016, 5:12:20 PM3/21/16
> Yes; Any *news* outlet is better than one known and understood to be a
> political mouthpiece for one party/ideology.

I just love a fervent left winger, a swallower of the iconic blue pill.
Understood by whom?? Oh I see by you..!! then your opinion eclipses all
others. Continue to link arms with your compatriots, as the sun goes down,
sing Cumbaya... feel strong..

gtr

Mar 21, 2016, 6:28:59 PM3/21/16
On 2016-03-21 19:58:01 +0000, Happy.Hobo said:

> You are right about Fox, but I've heard just as egregious distortions
> from many others.

I've heard lies about everything, but never seen anything regarding
major newspapers or TV producing news stories with idelogical intent.
The op-ed page, sure--but not the stories. Changing the content of the
story, removing the parts that make the GOP look bad, using their
ubiquitous "some have said" to make opinion into "news"; that's what
propaganda is, and that's what Fox does.

> Right-wingers love to complain about "liberal media bias" just as much
> as left-wingers complain about Fox. Both are right, but seem to think
> anyone who shares their viewpoints is telling the truth.

The "both are right" things just doesn't hold. The "liberal media bias"
is a lie manufactured to make the GOP mouthpieces look like they're
playing the same game. They aren't.

Jim Gibson

Mar 21, 2016, 7:22:27 PM3/21/16
In article <5e7be68c57da95ad...@hoi-polloi.org>, Anonymous
Here you go:

<http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/feb/26/fact-checks-
behind-daily-shows-50-fox-news-lies/>

Search for "fox news error list" for more.

--
Jim Gibson

Anonymous

Mar 21, 2016, 7:52:26 PM3/21/16
In he eyes of demoncrats and liberals, everyone is guilty until they agree with them.

Jack Ryan

Mar 21, 2016, 8:01:33 PM3/21/16
In article <2016032111305423747-xxx@yyyzzz>
Look at the media whores for liberal democrats Fox competes
against who have the same "problem".

CNN
ABC
NBC
CBS
MSNBC
HBO
HGTV

Fox still beats them.

Jeremy Bentham

Mar 21, 2016, 8:03:16 PM3/21/16
In article <2016032115285814837-xxx@yyyzzz>
gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> On 2016-03-21 19:58:01 +0000, Happy.Hobo said:
>
> > You are right about Fox, but I've heard just as egregious distortions
> > from many others.
>
> I've heard lies about everything, but never seen anything regarding
> major newspapers or TV producing news stories with idelogical intent.
> The op-ed page, sure--but not the stories. Changing the content of the
> story, removing the parts that make the GOP look bad, using their
> ubiquitous "some have said" to make opinion into "news"; that's what
> propaganda is, and that's what Fox does.

post a quantifiable link or you're a liar. posting a link where
fox published a correction or retraction will not qualify.

Anonymous

Mar 21, 2016, 8:12:30 PM3/21/16
gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> On 2016-03-21 19:58:01 +0000, Happy.Hobo said:
>
> > You are right about Fox, but I've heard just as egregious distortions
> > from many others.
>
> I've heard lies about everything, but never seen anything regarding
> major newspapers or TV producing news stories with idelogical intent.
> The op-ed page, sure--but not the stories. Changing the content of the
> story, removing the parts that make the GOP look bad, using their
> ubiquitous "some have said" to make opinion into "news"; that's what
> propaganda is, and that's what Fox does.

Oh?

THE NEW YORK TIMES, CAUGHT LYING

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/nyregion/bronx-officers-
recording-suggests-race-is-factor-in-stops.html?hp&_r=1

http://www.city-journal.org/html/color-them-blind-11183.html

FPP

Mar 21, 2016, 8:18:35 PM3/21/16
Maybe I can help...

-----

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

STUDY:

Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At
All - Fairleigh Dickinson University

Thus, those who watched no news—answering questions by guessing or
relying on existing knowledge—fared much better than those who watched
the most popular 24-hour cable news network (i.e. Fox News).
-----

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/feb/26/fact-checks-behind-daily-shows-50-fox-news-lies/

The

fact-checks behind 'The Daily Show's' 50 Fox news 'lies'
The Daily Show posted a Vine Wednesday titled, "50 Fox News lies in 6 seconds."

We’ve fact-checked almost all of the statements they cited. For the
record, we originally counted 49 claims, not 50. The Daily Show said
No. 50 was left off due to a technical error. They've updated their
Vine, which we've included here.

* * *

1. "In July 2010 the government said small businesses -- 60 percent --
will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large
percentage of individual health."

Sean Hannity, Nov. 11, 2013

False

* * *

2. "And President Obama has offered to pay out of his own pocket for
the museum of Muslim culture out of his own pocket, yet it's the
Republican National Committee who's paying for this."

Anna Kooiman, Oct. 5, 2013

* * *

3. Labor union president Andy Stern is "the most frequent visitor" at
the White House.

Glenn Beck, Dec. 3, 2009

False

* * *

4. "Far more children died last year drowning in their bathtubs than
were killed accidentally by guns."

Tucker Carlson, Aug. 9, 2014

Pants on Fire

* * *

5. White House Political Director Patrick Gaspard once served as the
"right-hand man" for Bertha Lewis, who heads up ACORN.

Steve Doocy, Sept. 29, 2009

False

* * *

6. "Look at the debt that has been accumulated in the last two years.
It's more debt under this president than all those other presidents
combined."

Sarah Palin, May 31, 2011

False

* * *

7. "There is no good data showing secondhand smoke kills people."

John Stossel, Dec. 4, 2014

False

* * *

8. "Democrats are poised now to cause this largest tax increase in U.S.
history."

Sarah Palin, Aug. 1, 2010

Pants on Fire

* * *

9. "The insurance industry is actually run by mostly Democrats."

Dana Perino, Oct. 31, 2013

False

* * *

10. The Obama administration "manipulated deportation data to make it
appear that the Border Patrol was deporting more illegal immigrants
than the Bush administration."

Lou Dobbs, July 1, 2014

False

* * *

11. Some doctors say Ebola can be transmitted through the air by "a
sneeze or some cough."

George Will, Oct. 19, 2014

False

* * *

12. Says the Texas State Board of Education is considering eliminating
references to Christmas and the Constitution in textbooks.

Gretchen Carlson, March 10, 2010

Pants on Fire

* * *

13. Because of President Barack Obama’s failure to "push job creation,"
the black unemployment rate in Ferguson, Mo., is three times higher
than the white unemployment rate.

Lou Dobbs, Aug. 19, 2014

False

* * *

14. When White House communications director Anita Dunn said that Mao
Tse-tung was "one of her favorite philosophers, only Fox News picked
that up."

Bill O’Reilly, Oct. 23, 2009

False

* * *

15. "The president of the United States will be taking a trip over to
India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day."

Michele Bachmann, Nov. 3, 2010

False

(Note: Bachmann’s claim was made on CNN, not Fox News but Glenn Beck
made a similar claim on Fox)

* * *

16. "We researched to find out if anybody on Fox News had ever said
you're going to jail if you don't buy health insurance. Nobody's ever
said it."

Bill O’Reilly, Oct. 27, 2010

Pants on Fire

* * *

17. "If you make more than $250,000 a year … you only really take home
about $125,000."

Steve Doocy, July 11, 2012

False

* * *

18. A Census Bureau worker says he was told to skew information to
bring the unemployment rate down "as we headed into an election season."

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Nov. 19, 2013

False

* * *

19. "Health care mandate will require imprisonment and fines for
Americans who can’t afford to purchase insurance or pay hefty
government penalties."

Patients First, Sept. 21, 2009

Mostly False

(Note: Fox hosts have said closely similar statements because of our
research into Bill O’Reilly’s Pants on Fire claim -- No. 16 -- that no
one on Fox News ever said it.)

* * *

20. "And finally tonight, although it pains me to say this, Jon
Stewart? Comedy Central? He was right. Now on his program last night,
he mentioned that we had played some incorrect video on this program
last week while talking about the Republican health care rally on
Capitol Hill. He was correct, we screwed up, we aired some video of a
rally in September, along with a video from the actual event. It was an
inadvertent mistake, but a mistake nonetheless, so Mr. Stewart. you
were right, we apologize. But by the way, I wanna thank you, and all
your writers, for watching."

Sean Hannity, Nov. 12, 2009

* * *

21. "I don’t remember any terrorist attacks on American soil during
that period of time (2000-08)."

Eric Bolling, July 14, 2011

* * *

22. The United Way and Enroll America, in Coral Gables, Fla., had
"navigators going door to door, knocking on the homes of the uninsured
… helping them navigate through the different plans that are available.

Phil Keating, Oct. 1, 2013

* * *

23. Less than 10 percent of Obama's Cabinet appointees "have any
experience in the private sector."

Glenn Beck, Nov. 30, 2009

False

* * *

24. During the lead-up to the American Revolutionary War, "some guy in
Boston got his head blown off because he tried to secretly raise the
tax on tea."

Andrea Tantaros, Jan. 15, 2014

Pants on Fire

* * *

25. "American troops have never been under the formal control of
another nation."

Karl Rove, March 23, 2001

False

* * *

26. "The 'Denver Post' has actually hired an editor to promote pot."

Bill O’Reilly, Dec. 9, 2013

False

* * *

27. "The amount of attention paid this week to Chris Christie makes the
coverage of Benghazi ... pale in significance."

Karl Rove, Jan. 12, 2014

False

* * *

28. Liberals have figured out a Facebook algorithm and "all the people
getting banned from Facebook are somehow conservatives."

Todd Starnes, April 17, 2014

False

* * *

29. Obamacare is "one big fat VA system."

Kimberly Guilfoyle, May 21, 2014

Pants on Fire

* * *

30. Says Gov. Rick Scott's approval ratings are up.

Brian Kilmeade, April 15, 2001

False

* * *

31. "Under the Obama plan . . . all the health care in this country is
eventually going to be run by the government."

Sen. Tom Coburn, March 4, 2009

False

* * *

32. If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers website
(cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of
your personal and private" information, and track your computer
activity.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, July 31, 2009

False

* * *

33. The Massachusetts health care plan is "wildly unpopular" among
state residents.

Laura Ingraham, May 12, 2011

False

* * *

34. "The Constitution simply does not authorize the federal government
to own any of this land (in the Western states)."

Andrew Napolitano, April 23, 2014

Pants on Fire

* * *

35. Says President Barack Obama is "sending a much larger (force) " to
deal with Ebola "than ISIS is getting."

Brit Hume, Sept. 21, 2014

False

* * *

36. On climate change, "the temperature readings have been fabricated,
and it's all blowing up in their (scientists') faces."

Dana Perino, Feb. 9, 2015

Pants on Fire

* * *

37. Says President Barack Obama’s recent New York fundraising trip
"cost between $25 million and $50 million."

Donald Trump, Oct. 13, 2014

Pants on Fire

* * *

38. Under President Barack Obama, "8.3 (million) fewer Americans are
working today than there were four years ago."

Sean Hannity, Jan. 20, 2013

False

* * *

39. Seniors and the disabled "will have to stand in front of Obama's
'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective
judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are
worthy of health care."

Sarah Palin, Aug. 7, 2009

Pants on Fire

(Note: This claim was made originally on Facebook. It’s unclear to us
if Palin said it on Fox News.)

* * *

40. New poll by YouGov shows that 7/10 people who voted for President
Obama’s re-election in 2012 ‘regret’ doing so

Fox and Friend tweet, Feb. 19, 2014

False

* * *

41. "NASA scientists fudged the numbers to make 1998 the hottest year
to overstate the extent of global warming."

Steve Doocy, June 24, 2014

Pants on Fire

* * *

42. A new Colorado law "literally allows residents to print ballots
from their home computers, then encourages them to turn ballots over to
‘collectors.’ "

Megyn Kelly, Oct. 21, 2014

False

* * *

43. The Affordable Care Act alters the "sensible
doctor-patient-relationship-centered health care program ... we see
today."

Sarah Palin, Nov. 24, 2013

False

* * *

44. Since 1965, the United States has spent "untold trillions" yet the
poverty rate hasn’t budged.

Bill O’Reilly, July 26, 2011

False

* * *

45. Says Colorado food stamp recipients can use ATMs to get cash to buy
marijuana.

Brian Kilmeade, Jan. 21, 2014

False

* * *

46. "Attorney General Eric Holder is involved in the dismissal of the
criminal charges" against the New Black Panther Party for voter
intimidation

Bill O’Reilly, July 17, 2010

False

* * *

47. "Barack Obama had 150 days in the U.S. Senate where he was able to
vote quite often 'present.' "

Sarah Palin, Feb. 6, 2010

False

* * *

48. "It will cost $50,000 per enrollee in Obamacare over the next 10 years."

Stuart Varney, Jan. 27, 2015

False

* * *

49. "We're going to be looking at $8 billion a day that we're going to
be pouring into foreign countries in order to import that make-up fuel
that we're going to need to take the place of what we could have gotten
out of the Gulf (of Mexico)."

Sarah Palin, May 1, 2013

Pants on Fire

* * *

50. "Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We're the only
country in the world that has it."

Glenn Beck, June 10, 2009

False
--
Donald Trump reminds me of a Lily Tomlin quote:
"I'll never forget the first time I saw The Donald standing on a hill…

Shadow

Mar 21, 2016, 8:22:01 PM3/21/16
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:22:25 -0700, Jim Gibson <JimSG...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>Search for "fox news error list" for more.

He does not WANT to know....
Don't you get it ? Why I did not reply.

Jack Ryan

Mar 21, 2016, 9:21:36 PM3/21/16
In article <e29203233c38ad38...@remailer.cpunk.us>
They don't care as long as it makes that fool Obama look worse.
Not that they need to help much in that regard.

Anonymous

Mar 21, 2016, 9:43:52 PM3/21/16
In article <1c8e891d88ffec1d...@remailer.cpunk.us>
Fox is the Cartoon Network of news.

Lewis

Mar 21, 2016, 10:22:02 PM3/21/16
In message <2016032115285814837-xxx@yyyzzz>
gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:
> On 2016-03-21 19:58:01 +0000, Happy.Hobo said:

>> You are right about Fox, but I've heard just as egregious distortions
>> from many others.

> I've heard lies about everything, but never seen anything regarding
> major newspapers or TV producing news stories with idelogical intent.
> The op-ed page, sure--but not the stories. Changing the content of the
> story, removing the parts that make the GOP look bad, using their
> ubiquitous "some have said" to make opinion into "news"; that's what
> propaganda is, and that's what Fox does.

Fox spend years and years stoking the fires of "Obama is a Muslim from
Kenya" and yet refused to report eh fact that Rudolfo Cruz was born a
Canadian citizen and therefore is ineligible to be President.

>> Right-wingers love to complain about "liberal media bias" just as much
>> as left-wingers complain about Fox. Both are right, but seem to think
>> anyone who shares their viewpoints is telling the truth.

> The "both are right" things just doesn't hold. The "liberal media bias"
> is a lie manufactured to make the GOP mouthpieces look like they're
> playing the same game. They aren't.

The media is almost universally conservative and has been for 30 years.

--
"He loves Nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker

Nomen Nescio

Mar 21, 2016, 10:51:22 PM3/21/16
In article <ncq2qq$2p3$1...@dont-email.me>
FPP <fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2016-03-21 20:03:15 -0400, Jeremy Bentham <nob...@anemone.mooo.com> said:
>
> > In article <2016032115285814837-xxx@yyyzzz>
> > gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> >> I've heard lies about everything, but never seen anything regarding
> >> major newspapers or TV producing news stories with idelogical intent.
> >> The op-ed page, sure--but not the stories. Changing the content of the
> >> story, removing the parts that make the GOP look bad, using their
> >> ubiquitous "some have said" to make opinion into "news"; that's what
> >> propaganda is, and that's what Fox does.
> >
> > post a quantifiable link or you're a liar. posting a link where
> > fox published a correction or retraction will not qualify.
>
> Maybe I can help...

You seem ill. Use this thermometer to take your temperature.
It's very precise and quick. Just point it at your temple and
pull the shiny thing hanging down in the circle back.

+-'~`---------------------------------/\--
||"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" \\\\\\ \/~)
|| \\\\\\ \/_
|~~~~~~~~-________________-_________________\ ~--_
!---------|_________ ------~~~~~(-- )--~~
\ /~~~~\~~\ )--- \_ /(
\\____/_ / ()\ \\
`~~~~~~~~~-. \ \\
\ \ <($)> \\
\ \ \\
\ \ \\
\ \ \\
\ \ () \|
_\_\__====~~~

FPP

Mar 21, 2016, 11:01:26 PM3/21/16
Got elected.

Rescued Auto Industry from Oblivion

Passed Fair Pay Act

Passed Comprehensive Healthcare reform

Got BP to pony up 20 Billion for Deepwater Horizons Oil Spill

Passed Wall Street Reform

Created Consumer Protection Agency

Found and killed Bin Laden.

Got re-elected.

Passed Iran deal

Opened relations with Cuba

Selected and confirmed TWO Supreme Court Justices

Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research

Signed Federal Hate Crimes Legislation

… and about a hundred other things I can name, from rescuing hostages
of Somali pirates to passing TPP .

Yeah… he's a fool all right. You're dead-on-balls accurate there,
except for all the facts that point to the exact opposite being true.

In contrast, the Republicans managed to repeal Obamacare (-54) times…
and they're about to nominate the biggest Tire Fire in Electoral
History.

Fasten your seatbelt... you're going to be hitting a little turbulence
up ahead.
--
Donald Trump reminds me of a Lily Tomlin quote:
"I'll never forget the first time I saw The Donald standing on a hill,
his hair blowing in the breeze... and he too proud to run after it."

FPP

Mar 21, 2016, 11:03:54 PM3/21/16
You know what they say... "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI."
--
Donald Trump reminds me of a Lily Tomlin quote:
"I'll never forget the first time I saw The Donald standing on a hill,
his hair blowing in the breeze... and he too proud to run after it."

Anonymous

Mar 22, 2016, 12:05:40 AM3/22/16
FPP <fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2016-03-21 20:03:15 -0400, Jeremy Bentham <nob...@anemone.mooo.com> said:
>
> > In article <2016032115285814837-xxx@yyyzzz>
> > gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> >> I've heard lies about everything, but never seen anything regarding
> >> major newspapers or TV producing news stories with idelogical intent.
> >> The op-ed page, sure--but not the stories. Changing the content of the
> >> story, removing the parts that make the GOP look bad, using their
> >> ubiquitous "some have said" to make opinion into "news"; that's what
> >> propaganda is, and that's what Fox does.
> >
> > post a quantifiable link or you're a liar. posting a link where
> > fox published a correction or retraction will not qualify.
>
> Maybe I can help...

All your shit was debunked a long time ago as uneducated left
wing flappery.

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much
of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but
on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the
missiles to deliver them."
-- President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address), Jan. 27,
1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the
capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles
to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose
is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by
Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of
doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is
qualitatively and quantitatively different from other
dictators.""Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens
there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders
of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological
weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat
we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has
ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent
with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions
(including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect
Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by
Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and
others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons
of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in
the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection
process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons
of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his
weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and
nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War
status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery
systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile
program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the
United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"I mean, we have three different countries that, while they all
present serious problems for the United States -- they're
dictatorships, they're involved in the development and
proliferation of weapons of mass destruction -- you know, the
most imminent, clear and present threat to our country is not
the same from those three countries. I think Iraq is the most
serious and imminent threat to our country."
-- Sen. John Edwards (D, NC) Feb. 24, 2002

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant
and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has
ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building
weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven
impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue
for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has stored
secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout
his country." "
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious
danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal
weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be
disarmed. We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is
seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Edward Kennedy (D, MA) Sep. 27, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam
Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who
butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has
repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams,
developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear
capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people,
would be better off without him."
-- State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois) Oct. 2, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We
are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of
chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked
on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological
warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is
seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"My position is very clear: The time has come for decisive
action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons
of mass destruction."
-- Senator John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 7, 2002

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq
would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in
further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass
destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal
constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and
justifies resumption of the armed conflict."
-- Sen. Harry Reid (D. NV) Oct. 9, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the
authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam
Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of
mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our
security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have
nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should
remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has
made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11
years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he
disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any
nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10
years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of
mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the
President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to
disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this
threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical
weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear
weapons."
-- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. CA) Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence
reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his
chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery
capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid,
comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein
will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and
chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear
weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence
that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a
developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of
mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a
brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He
presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so
consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is
miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and
his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the
threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is
real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in
Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is
incontestable that on the day I left office, there were
unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."
-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN
Larry King)

I asked very direct questions of the top people in the CIA and
people who'd served in the Clinton administration. And they
said they believed that Saddam Hussein either had weapons or had
the components of weapons or the ability to quickly make weapons
of mass destruction. What we're worried about is an A-bomb in a
Ryder truck in New York, in Washington and St. Louis. It cannot
happen. We have to prevent it from happening.
-- Rep. Richard Gephardt (D, MT) Nov. 2, 2003

Ezekiel

Mar 22, 2016, 6:53:09 AM3/22/16

"FPP" <fred...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2016-03-21 21:21:35 -0400, Jack Ryan <mixm...@remailer.cpunk.us>
> said:
>
>> In article <e29203233c38ad38...@remailer.cpunk.us>
>> Jack Ryan <mixm...@remailer.cpunk.us> wrote:
>>>

>> They don't care as long as it makes that fool Obama look worse.
>> Not that they need to help much in that regard.
>
> Got elected.
> Rescued Auto Industry from Oblivion
> Passed Fair Pay Act
> Passed Comprehensive Healthcare reform
> Got BP to pony up 20 Billion for Deepwater Horizons Oil Spill
> Passed Wall Street Reform
> Created Consumer Protection Agency
> Found and killed Bin Laden.
> Got re-elected.
> Passed Iran deal
> Opened relations with Cuba
> Selected and confirmed TWO Supreme Court Justices
> Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research
> Signed Federal Hate Crimes Legislation

That's a good list. I would have included energy policy as well. I live in
New England and solar energy is huge out here. So are hybrid and pure
electric cars. We have 6 EV charging stations inside our parking garage at
work. There's a Tesla Supercharger Station just down the highway.

Cars get better mileage than ever before. Gas is cheap and we burn a lot
less than before. The auto industry is also making more 500+ horsepower cars
than ever before.

I'm not a tree-hugger but we can't be trashing the planet the way we were.
Our country is a lot "cleaner" than we were and you don't have to be a
tree-hugger to appreciate clean air and clean water.

Then there's the TARP bailout which helped out the financial, insurance and
auto industries. Bush signed TARP but Obama ended up administering the
program.

Healthcare cost increases have slowed since 2009. Rate increases aren't
nearly as huge as they were.

> Yeah. he's a fool all right. You're dead-on-balls accurate there, except
> for all the facts that point to the exact opposite being true.

But if he's going to get the credit then he has to take some blame too.

The middle class is getting destroyed. Even the govt Bureau of Labor
Statistics makes this very clear in one simple chart.
http://www.businessinsider.com/change-in-real-wages-by-income-percentile-2015-7

The Middle-East is a shit storm.

Look at the national debt. It's scary. Check out the bills that are coming
due. Social Security alone is going to be a huuuuge financial strain. (We're
no better prepared for this.)

Our nations infrastructue is older than ever and in worse shape than ever.

"Passed Comprehensive Healthcare reform" - I want to see a real fix for
healthcare. Our entire healthcare system is fucked up, way too expensive and
US laws make sure it stays that way:
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-from-a-global-perspective

We need real campaign finance reform. There's way too much money and special
interests in politics.

Racial and political tension are higher than before.

> In contrast, the Republicans managed to repeal Obamacare (-54) times.
> and they're about to nominate the biggest Tire Fire in Electoral History.

Do you mean "the biggest Tire Fire in Electoral History" in a good way or
bad way?

Shadow

Mar 22, 2016, 8:07:29 AM3/22/16
And Bush was stuuuupid enough to take all that electoral
propaganda, carefully crafted for the redneck morons FOR REAL ?
OMG !!!
It's one thing to lie to get six-pack Joe's vote. Called
politics. It's criminal to act as if the lies were true. The result
was the biggest genocide of the century. So far. Maybe the funny
Macdonald's Clown with the wig will break the record.

Big Bad Bob

Mar 22, 2016, 1:14:37 PM3/22/16
On 03/20/16 23:38, Happy.Hobo so wittily quipped:
> On 03-16-2016 16:42, Shadow wrote:
>> Fox News ? Hardly a trustworthy source
>
> The only thing wrong with this cliche is that it implies that all the
> other media liars are somehow better.

Believing that Fox News is neither 'fair' nor 'balanced' is like
drinking the 'media matters' coolaid.

It's a fair bet that the individual saying it's not trustworthy has
*NEVER* *WATCHED* fox news on TV, nor listend to Fox News reports on the
radio. He probably listens to N.P.R. and watches PBS news [you know,
the SAME people that fired JUAN WILLIAMS, who THEN went to work full
time for Fox, and he's no right winger nor conservative!]

yeah, NPR and PBS, the gummint sponsored lefty news networks. Biased
and unfair.

gtr

Mar 22, 2016, 5:49:21 PM3/22/16
On 2016-03-22 17:13:45 +0000, Big Bad Bob said:

> It's a fair bet that the individual saying it's not trustworthy has
> *NEVER* *WATCHED* fox news on TV, nor listend to Fox News reports on the
> radio.

I've watched and listened to both; they are a crock of GOP propaganda.
They rework stories to fit their ideological needs; it's agitprop and
misinformation.

> He probably listens to N.P.R. and watches PBS news...

Here it cames, a Fox meme or two in lieu of logic or information. Blah
blah blah latte... blah blah blah electric car... blah blah blah
tree-hugger...

Happy.Hobo

Mar 22, 2016, 6:34:14 PM3/22/16
On 03-21-2016 19:18, FPP wrote:

> http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5
>

> STUDY:
> Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At
> All - Fairleigh Dickinson University
>
> Thus, those who watched no news—answering questions by guessing or
> relying on existing knowledge—fared much better than those who watched
> the most popular 24-hour cable news network (i.e. Fox News).

Means little unless also compared to people who "only watched (other
source)"

Thomas Jefferson allegedly said
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated
than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

I haven't owned a TV or radio for six years, but I have enough
occasional exposure since (and frequent exposure before) to know how
dishonest today's journalists are. I think it must be contagious and
they catch it from the politicians.

FPP

Mar 22, 2016, 6:34:53 PM3/22/16
On 2016-03-22 13:13:45 -0400, Big Bad Bob
<BigBadBob-at...@testing.local> said:

> Believing that Fox News is neither 'fair' nor 'balanced' is like
> drinking the 'media matters' coolaid.

> It's a fair bet that the individual saying it's not trustworthy has
> *NEVER* *WATCHED* fox news on TV, nor listend to Fox News reports on the
> radio.

These aren't individuals saying it - they're Universities and Fact
Checking organizations.

It's from a published study by Fairleigh Dickinson University.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

Politifact

has checked out and rated them.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/feb/26/fact-checks-behind-daily-shows-50-fox-news-lies/

They

fucking LIE. All day, every day - and it's been documented that you
are LESS informed if you watch Fox News than if you watch NO NEWS AT
ALL.

You are Fox's target audience.

Like the sig says: "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard
to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
--
"We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated." -Donald J.
Trump (2016)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
-Benjamin Franklin

FPP

Mar 22, 2016, 6:38:17 PM3/22/16
I'll let you know in November :-)

As far as the Mideast goes - Obama gets some of the blame there... but
the single biggest factor is that he didn't start he fire.

The blaze was going nicely when he took office. And it wasn't started
by accident - it was arson.

The bulk of the responsibility goes to the guy with the gas can and the
matches, not the fireman who fails to extinguish the blaze.

Savageduck

Mar 22, 2016, 8:19:44 PM3/22/16
The bulk of the responsibility goes to the Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz,
Kristol, Kagan, Rove, Perle, Bolton, PNAC cabal.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

FPP

Mar 22, 2016, 9:52:12 PM3/22/16
Why not just call 'em the group that are advising the current
Republican candidates?
--
"Trump seems to know he’s a loser. His embarrassing insecurities are on
parade: petty bullying, attacks on women, cheap racism, and flagrant

"The way I see it, it’s our job to make sure he ends this campaign
every bit the loser that he started it." -Elizabeth Warren

Pat Pending

Mar 23, 2016, 11:02:21 AM3/23/16
On 21/03/2016 19:42, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2016-03-21, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> Shadow wrote:
>>
>>> []'s
>>
>> What is that supposed to mean?
>
> I asked and he never answered. Someone else speculated it's his way of
> telling us he is trimming quoted material. It seems strange to me that
> someone would bother pointing out a common behavior such as trimming
> unneeded quoting, though. I suspect he just thinks brackets are cool, or
> something.

pi's smiley list

:-) Happy.
:) Happy midget smiley.
;-) Winky.
:-( Sad.
:-> Sarcastic smiley.
>:-> User just made a really devilish remark.
>;-> Winky and devil combined. A very lewd remark was just made.
%-) User has been staring at a green screen for 15 hours straight.
#-) Oh, what a night!
:-I Indifferent smiley.
(-: User is left handed.
:-D User is laughing (at you!).
:-O Oops/Surprise/Yelling/Shocked.
:-o Uh oh!
:*) User is drunk.
8-) User is wearing sunglasses.
:'-( User is crying.
:'-) User is so happy, s/he is crying.
(:-) Bald/Egghead.
:-@ Screaming/Swearing/Very Angry/About To Be Sick.
:-# Been Smacked In The Mouth/Wears A Brace/My lips are sealed.
:-0 No Yelling! (Quiet Lab).
:-P Sticking Out Tongue.
:-S User just made an incoherent statement.
:-X A Kiss/Lips Are Sealed.
8-O Omigod!!
O :-) User is an angel (at heart, at least).
~~:-( So stupid, smoke is coming out of your brain.
:-& User is tongue tied.
:-$ Biting one's tongue/Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is.
:-" Whistling smiley.
|-I User is asleep.
|-o Bored.
|-O User is yawning/snoring.
-:-) User is a punk rocker.
-:-( Real punk rockers don't smile.
=:-) Smiley is a punk rocker.
=:-( Real punk rockers don't smile.
8:-) A Pig/A Little Girl/Glasses on forhead.
:-)-8 User is a Big girl.
:-)8< Big girl smiley.
':-) Has One Eyebrow.
,:-) Same thing...other side.
:-Q User is a smoker.
:-? User smokes a pipe.
:-{ Mustache.
:-{) User has a mustache.
{:-) User wears a toupee.
}:-( Toupee in an updraft.
B-) User wears horn-rimmed glasses.
:-{} User wears lipstick.
::-) User wears glasses.
[:-) User is wearing a walkman.
[:] User is a robot.
[] Hugs and ...
]:-> The Devil.
)8-) Smiley is ready to party all night.
+-:-) User is the Pope or holds some other religious office.
;^) Smirking.
!-( Black Eye.
#:-) Matted Hair/Fur Hat/Crewcut/Messy Hair.
$-) Yuppie/Just Won A Large Sum Of Money.
%-\ Has A Hangover.
%-6 User is braindead.
&-| That made me cry.
&-e Disappointed smiley.
&:-) Curly Hair.
(-) Needs A Haircut.
(-:|:-) Siamese Twins.
(:+) Has A Big Nose.
(:-( The saddest smiley.
(:-D Has A Big Mouth.
):-( Nordic smiley.
):-) Impish smiley.
)O-) Scuba smiley.
*<:-) User is wearing a Santa Claus Hat.
*<:-)> Santa.
*<|:-) Santa/A Clown.
+:-) Priest smiley.
+<:-| Monk/Nun.
,-) A One Eyed Winky.
,-} Wry and winking smiley.
-=* :-) User is a TeX wizard.
.-) User only has one eye.
:#) Drunk smiley.
:'( Smiley is having a pity party in your honor.
:( Sad-turtle smiley.
:* Kisses.
:,( Crying.
:-! A Smoker/Foot in mouth.
:-'| Has A Cold/Flu.
:-(*) That comment made me sick.
:-(=) Bucktooth smiley.
:-)' Tends To Drool.
:-))) Is Very Fat.
:-)-o Smiley doctor with a stethoscope.
:-)~ User drools.
:-* Just Ate Something Sour/Bitter Taste/Kiss.
:-----} Liar/Pinnochio.
:--8---- Dragonfly smiley.
:-/ User is skeptical.
:-: Mutant smiley; the invisible smiley.
:-< Walrus smiley.
:-[ A Vampire/Count Dracula/Pouting/Sarcastic.
:-\ Undecided smiley.
:-] Smiley blockhead.
:-` User spitting out its chewing tobacco.
:-`| Smiley with a fever.
:-| Disgusted/Grim/No Expression.
:-|-----= Anorexic smiley.
:-|:-| Deja'vu.
:-|>< Message from the thief: Hands up!
:-} Toasted, inebriated, sloshed smiley.
:-}X Bow tie-wearing smiley.
:-~) User has a cold.
:-3 Handlebar mustache smiley.
:-6 Smiley after eating something spicy.
:-7 User juust made a wry statement.
:-8( Condescending.
:-9 User is licking his/her lips.
:-a Smiley touching her tongue to her nose.
:-c Real unhappy smiley.
:-C User is really bummed.
:-d Said with a smile.
:-E Bucktoothed vampire.
:-F Bucktoothed vampire with one tooth missing.
:-o>-[] Agape American tourist with camera.
:-r Smiley raspberry.
:-T Keeping A Straight Face/Tight Lipped.
:-t Pouting smiley.
:-TM Lawyer smiley.
:-V Shouting smiley.
:-w Speak with forked tongue.
:-y Said With A Smile.
:/\) Extremely bignosed smiley.
:= Beaver smiley.
:=) Orangutan/Has Two Noses.
:=| Baboon smiley.
:> What?
:@ What?
:[ Real Downer.
:\/ A Woodpecker.
:] Gleep. A friendly midget smiley who will glady be your friend.
:^) User has a broken nose.
:^D Talk show smiley.
:_) A Boxer/Had a Fight/Nose Is Sliding Of Face.
:{ What?
:} What should we call these?
:~(~~ Crying.
:~-( Crying/Shed A Tear.
:~i Smoking smiley.
:8) Piggish smiley.
:C What?
:D Laughter.
:I Hmmm...
:O Yelling.
:Q What?
:v) User has a broken nose, but it's the other way.
<:-| Dunce smiley.
<:-I User is a dunce.
<<<<:-) Hat salesman.
<|-) User is Chinese.
<|-( User is Chinese and doesn't like these kind of jokes.
<||:-) Toupee in an updraft.
<|||:|||) Smiley lives in a multi-story apartment building.
=|:-)= Uncle Sam/Abe Loncoln.
><*:oDX A Clown.
><:>== A Turkey.
>>:-) Devil/Horrible User.
>>:-<< Mad.
?-( Black eye.
@:-) User is wearing a turban.
@:-} Smiley just back from the hairdresser.
@:i Genie smiley.
@= User is pro-nuclear war.
^o Snoring.
{@:)} Genie in a bottle.
|-( Lost Contact Lenses.
|-) hee hee.
|-D ho ho.
|:-O Flattop loudmouth smiley.
|^o Hepcat smiley.
|~( Someone just busted my nose.
|I Asleep.
}:^#) Pointy-nosed smiley in an updraft.
~:o A Baby.
~~:-[ Net Flame.
0-) Smiley after smoking a banana.
3:-o A Cow.
3:[ Mean Pet smiley.
8 :-) User is a wizard.
8 :-I Net.unix-wizards.
8-# Dead smiley.
8:] Gorilla.
8<:-) Smiley is a wizard.
b:-) A Baseball Fan/Has A Cap On.
B:-) Sun Glasses On Head.
C=:-) User is a chef.
d:-) Baseball-player smiley.
d8= Your pet beaver is wearing goggles and a hard hat.
E-:-) User is a Ham radio operator.
E-:-I Net.ham-radio.
K:P User is a little kid with a propeller beenie.
O |-) Net.religion.
O-) Megaton Man On Patrol!/Scuba diver.
o-<:-{{{ Santa.
O|-) Taoist monk.
P-( Pirate smiley.
P-) A Pirate.
R-) Broken Glasses.
X-( User just died/You are brain dead.
X:-) Little kid with a propeller beanie.

Shadow

Mar 23, 2016, 11:52:30 AM3/23/16
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:02:25 +0000, Pat Pending <t...@it.to> wrote:

>On 21/03/2016 19:42, Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> What is that supposed to mean?

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abra%C3%A7o

// Na linguagem da internet - o internetęs - isso pode ser ainda
representado por dois colchetes, desta forma: []'s ou ainda por
paręnteses assim: ()'s //

It can be with or without a knife in one hand. Sexual or
assexual, casual or formal, sincere or ironic/sarcastic.
Posted so you could sleep easy, just in case it's that
important. I worry.
I think the ()'s is too feminine and intimate. Prefer
[]'s
[]'s

Big Bad Bob

Mar 23, 2016, 1:33:42 PM3/23/16
On 03/22/16 15:34, FPP so wittily quipped:
> On 2016-03-22 13:13:45 -0400, Big Bad Bob
> <BigBadBob-at...@testing.local> said:
>
>> Believing that Fox News is neither 'fair' nor 'balanced' is like
>> drinking the 'media matters' coolaid.
>
>> It's a fair bet that the individual saying it's not trustworthy has
>> *NEVER* *WATCHED* fox news on TV, nor listend to Fox News reports on the
>> radio.
>
> These aren't individuals saying it - they're Universities and Fact
> Checking organizations.

sponsored by George Soros, like 'Media Matters' - right?

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2016, 10:35:17 PM3/23/16
On 2016-03-23, Shadow <S...@dow.br> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:02:25 +0000, Pat Pending <t...@it.to> wrote:

> https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abra%C3%A7o

Aha. You send virtual hugs to each person with which you converse. Cute.
: )

JR

Ezekiel

Mar 23, 2016, 11:04:32 PM3/23/16

"FPP" <fred...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I'm not normally a big political junkie but this election is going to be a
lot of fun to watch. There are a lot of possible scenarios that can play out
and none of them look pretty.

> As far as the Mideast goes - Obama gets some of the blame there... but the
> single biggest factor is that he didn't start he fire.
>
> The blaze was going nicely when he took office. And it wasn't started by
> accident - it was arson.
>
> The bulk of the responsibility goes to the guy with the gas can and the
> matches, not the fireman who fails to extinguish the blaze.

Does the "guy with the gas can" have a name?

The blaze has been burning for a very long time. Back when Clinton was POTUS
the World Trade Center was attacked by Al Qaeda when they set off the truck
bomb in the underground parking garage.

FPP

Mar 23, 2016, 11:06:00 PM3/23/16
Of course he has a name...

What war did Clinton start in the Middle East? How many troops did he commit?

How many governments did Clinton destabilize in the Middle East, and
how many terrorist groups did he spawn?

Because the guy with the name I'm thinking about did all that, and
managed to take a budget surplus, turn it into a massive deficit and
crash the world economy in his spare time.
--
"We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated." -Donald (the
Tiny Handed Tyrant) Trump (2016)

FPP

Mar 24, 2016, 4:52:08 AM3/24/16
On 2016-03-23 17:32:50 +0000, Big Bad Bob
<BigBadBob-at...@testing.local> said:

> On 03/22/16 15:34, FPP so wittily quipped:
>> On 2016-03-22 13:13:45 -0400, Big Bad Bob
>> <BigBadBob-at...@testing.local> said:
>>
>>> Believing that Fox News is neither 'fair' nor 'balanced' is like
>>> drinking the 'media matters' coolaid.
>>
>>> It's a fair bet that the individual saying it's not trustworthy has
>>> *NEVER* *WATCHED* fox news on TV, nor listend to Fox News reports on the
>>> radio.
>>
>> These aren't individuals saying it - they're Universities and Fact
>> Checking organizations.
>
> sponsored by George Soros, like 'Media Matters' - right?

Whatever. You have no fucking intention on making a stab at having an
intelligent conversation, so whatever you say is going into the
killfile.

I'm not wasting any more time on a waste of skin like you. You're trolling.

George Soros? Media Matters? Are they the only magic words you know?

Ezekiel

Mar 24, 2016, 7:48:35 AM3/24/16

"FPP" <fred...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Reread what I wrote earlier because you nissed the point. You're claiming
that an "arsonist" (Bush) intentionally started the blaze in the
middle-east. The *fact* is that this blaze existed long before then.

Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda existed in 1988. That's over a DECADE before
Bush even announced he was running for President.

The World Trade Center was bombed by terrorists in 1993. They tried to blow
out the foundation and cause one tower to crash into the other. This
happened during the Clinton administration 8 years before Bush took office.

You can even go back a decade earlier to 1983 when the bombings in Beirut
took place. The fire in the middle-east was already burning brightly back
then.

Fact is that this fire in the middle-east existed and was burning long
before Bush ever took office. It's convenient to ignore factual history and
simply chant "it's Bush's fault" for every problem in the world. Convenient
but not accurate.

> Because the guy with the name I'm thinking about did all that, and managed
> to take a budget surplus, turn it into a massive deficit and crash the
> world economy in his spare time.

I don't blame Fireman Obama for not putting out the fire. It's been burning
for a very long time years before he took office. But the fire is much worse
now than it was in 2008 and since it's only the "JV team" out there it
should have been easy to extinguish.

FPP

Mar 24, 2016, 6:40:04 PM3/24/16
There is a big difference between having a small containable problem,
and pulling the pin out of the hand grenade, which is what Bush did.

He removed the only check to Iran's influence when he took out Saddam.
He then failed to plan for what happened afterward - and the
consequences are what you see now.

The middle east was never the most stable region in the world, but it's
a full blown shit-storm now... and there is one man responsible for the
exponential expansions of problems in that part of the world. One.

All the other Presidents managed to keep it tamped down, and in check
until Bush. It's like having a mouse problem in your basement, and
deciding to bring in a nest of snakes to manage it.
--
Donald (the Tiny Handed Tyrant) Trump reminds me of a Lily Tomlin quote:

Anonymous

Mar 24, 2016, 8:15:57 PM3/24/16
In article <dlh233...@mid.individual.net>
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 2016-03-23, Shadow <S...@dow.br> wrote:

> > https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abra%C3%A7o
>
> Aha. You send virtual hugs to each person with which you converse. Cute.
> : )

Never bend over with your back to him.

Jeremy Bentham

Mar 24, 2016, 9:24:08 PM3/24/16
In article <ncv45d$r31$1...@dont-email.me>
Did you think we forgot?

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/16/transcripts/cl
inton.html

Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike

CLINTON: Good evening.

Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike
military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by
British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear,
chemical and biological weapons programs and its military
capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United
States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle
East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or
the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

Ezekiel

Mar 25, 2016, 7:49:30 AM3/25/16

"FPP" <fred...@gmail.com> wrote in message
"Small containable problem" - LOL. The last time I heard something similar
was Nov 13, 2015 when Obama went on TV to tell us how ISIS was "contained."
A few hours later the Paris attacks happened and 130 people were killed.

This "small containable problem" was several groups that hated the USA,
planes being blown up, US Embasies being blown up, military bases being
attacked, barracks being blown up, attempts on the World Trade Centers,
attack on the USS Cole and ultimately 9/11 itself where thousands were
killed when the WTC towers were destroyed.

Yeah... that's some "small containable problem" you have there.

> He removed the only check to Iran's influence when he took out Saddam. He
> then failed to plan for what happened afterward - and the consequences are
> what you see now.

Too bad Obama didn't learn from this lesson because he's the one responsible
for taking out Gadaffi in Libya. The difference is that he did it alone
WITHOUT the approval of Congress. The US Congress voted against Joint
Resolution 68 but that didn't stop Obama did it?

Obama ignored the will of Congress and went after Gadaffi. Eventually
Gadaffi was ousted, the "JV team" called ISIS moved in - and the
consequences are what you see now.

> The middle east was never the most stable region in the world, but it's a
> full blown shit-storm now... and there is one man responsible for the
> exponential expansions of problems in that part of the world. One.

"One man" - "One." Where "one man" is President Bush who *did* get approval
from Congress and both the House and Senate authorized the war.
Congressional approval included the votes and support of several Democrats
you may have heard of such as

Joe Biden
Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein
John Kerry
Harry Reid
(and dozens more)

Take a look at the post from "Anonymous" to this thread on Tuesday, March
22, 2016 12:05 AM. You'll find dozens of public statements from prominent
Democrats who publically supported the war. Evidently in your mind
Congressional approval and bipartison pubilic support doesn't count because
everything is the fault of just "one man" named Bush.

The real one man war is Obama who went after Gadaffi even after Congress
explicitly voted against it. But sure... it's all Bush's fault and nobody
else. Because you say so, facts be damned.

> All the other Presidents managed to keep it tamped down, and in check
> until Bush. It's like having a mouse problem in your basement, and
> deciding to bring in a nest of snakes to manage it.

Yet another empty analogy. First it was "an arsonist and a gas can" then it
was "pulling the pin on a grenade" and now it's mice in your basement. You
bring up a lot of irrelevant analogies but very few actual facts.

Shadow

Mar 25, 2016, 11:01:07 AM3/25/16
On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 07:49:27 -0400, "Ezekiel" <ze...@nosuchemail.com>
wrote:

>"Small containable problem" - LOL. The last time I heard something similar
>was Nov 13, 2015 when Obama went on TV to tell us how ISIS was "contained."
>A few hours later the Paris attacks happened and 130 people were killed.
>
>This "small containable problem" was several groups that hated the USA,
>planes being blown up, US Embasies being blown up, military bases being
>attacked, barracks being blown up, attempts on the World Trade Centers,
>attack on the USS Cole and ultimately 9/11 itself where thousands were
>killed when the WTC towers were destroyed.
>
>Yeah... that's some "small containable problem" you have there.

Amazing, every time someone says the GVNT spying agencies and
the private "defense" contractors need to have their budgets reduced,
because the problem is "contained", something get blown up, and
"proves" they are VERY necessary, and in fact, they need MORE tax
payer's money.
You could not have made it clearer. LOL back at you.
TY.
[]'s

Ezekiel

Mar 25, 2016, 1:25:37 PM3/25/16

"Shadow" <S...@dow.br> wrote in message
Hating someone or hating a nation is one thing.

But there are many people out there who are literally willing to die and
blow themselves up because they hate us so much.

This hatred existed long before Bush and it's going to stay this way for the
foreseeable future.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Mar 25, 2016, 6:25:09 PM3/25/16

In article <nd3s4g$tm4$1...@dont-email.me>
Yep. The hate blossomed when the automobile was mass produced
and Americans began exploiting oil in the Middle East. Jealousy
was the first catalyst.

Big Bad Bob

Mar 25, 2016, 9:52:26 PM3/25/16
On 03/24/16 15:40, FPP so wittily quipped:
> All the other Presidents managed to keep it tamped down, and in check
> until Bush. It's like having a mouse problem in your basement, and
> deciding to bring in a nest of snakes to manage it.

so the last 7 years haven't made a difference?

yeah OBAKA gets a pass. because if you BLAME him, you're a RACIST!

Nomen Nescio

Mar 26, 2016, 1:20:18 AM3/26/16
In article <B--dnbIdr6HEdmjL...@earthlink.com>
Exactly.