Re: Democrat union corrections officers 'no longer employed' after progressive inmate escaped St. Louis County hospital

Blue City Follies

Nov 6, 2023, 12:40:03 AM11/6/23
In article <ui9lkq$7qto$6...@dont-email.me>

> Biden and Harris voters strike again!

ST. LOUIS — Two corrections officers are "no longer employed by the
department" after failing to supervise a child-sex offender who
escaped from a St. Louis County hospital on Thursday.

Karen Pojmann, spokesperson for the Missouri Department of
Corrections, would not say if the officers were fired or if they
resigned.

Tommy Wayne Boyd, 45, walked away from Mercy Hospital South on
Kennerly Road just before 4 a.m. Thursday while being treated for an
unspecified illness.

He was captured Thursday evening without incident in the parking lot
of a Dierbergs grocery store in the 7300 block of Watson Road
following a 16-hour manhunt throughout the St. Louis region.

"He was a prisoner of the state, and we wound up having to put a
posse together even though we weren't watching him," said St. Louis
County Councilman Mark Harder, a Republican from Ballwin. "I think
it's all on them and how they were holding him."

The DOC has not explained how Boyd escaped, but they said in a news
release Friday morning that "departmental protocol was not
followed."

St. Louis County police do not know exactly how Boyd escaped but
were working to get more information Friday, Sgt. Tracy Panus said.

Boyd did not overpower the corrections officers or injure anyone to
escape, a hospital spokesperson said Thursday.

Boyd was imprisoned on a 30-year sentence for felony enticement of a
child after he lured a 9-year-old boy to a remote area of southwest
Missouri in 2007 and threatened to throw him in a creek if he didn't
comply with sexual demands.

He was convicted by a jury in Greene County in November 2007 and was
serving his sentence at Potosi Correctional Center.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-courts/corrections-
officers-no-longer-employed-after-inmate-escaped-st-louis-county-
hospital/article_2544fb10-595f-11ee-babd-3f51190a0dee.html