Naomi Wolf - Vagina - Al Gore's image consultant (she told him when to were plaid, act like a pecker wood and eat pine cones) has a book out

1 view

obama'slegio...@7/11.nig

Dec 7, 2012, 11:32:14 PM12/7/12
Naomi Wolf - Vagina is posted in audio on,
alt.binaries.mp3.audiobooks

Book Description
Release Date: September 11, 2012
An astonishing work of cutting-edge science and cultural history that
radically reframes how we understand the vagina—and consequently, how
we understand women—from one of our most respected cultural critics
and thinkers, Naomi Wolf, author of the modern classic The Beauty
Myth.

When an unexpected medical crisis sends Naomi Wolf on a deeply
personal journey to tease out the intersections between sexuality and
creativity, she discovers, much to her own astonishment, an increasing
body of scientific evidence that suggests that the vagina is not
merely flesh, but an intrinsic component of the female brain—and thus
has a fundamental connection to female consciousness itself.

Utterly enthralling and totally fascinating, Vagina: A New Biography
draws on this set of insights about "the mind-vagina connection" to
reveal new information about what women really need, and considers
what a sexual relationship—and a relationship to the self—transformed
by these insights could look like.

Exhilarating and groundbreaking, Vagina: A New Biography combines
rigorous science, explained for lay readers, with cultural history and
deeply personal considerations of the role of female desire in female
identity, creativity, and confidence, from interviewees of all walks
of life. Heralded by Publishers Weekly as one of the best science
books of the year, it is a provocative and deeply engaging book that
elucidates the ties between a woman's experience of her vagina and her
sense of self; her impulses, dreams, and courage; and her role in love
and in society in completely new and revelatory ways sure to provoke
impassioned conversation.

A brilliant and nuanced synthesis of physiology, history, and cultural
criticism, Vagina: A New Biography explores the physical, political,
and spiritual implications of this startling series of new scientific
breakthroughs for women and for society as a whole, from a writer
whose conviction and keen intelligence have propelled her works to the
tops of bestseller lists, and firmly into the realms of modern
classics.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061989169

Editorial Reviews
From Bookforum
In sizing up the alleged boons of vaginal liberation, Wolf refuses to
acknowledge the actual levers of oppression that subjugate bona fide
vagina owners in this country today. This might be more forgivable if
Vagina was more of an autobiography ... but Vagina is instead dressed
up like a serious political tract with all sorts of utopian notions of
healing the world, and the psychic wounds of all the world's women.
—Natasha Vargas-Cooper
Review
Naomi Wolf has tried hard to look at female sexuality as it really is,
not as pop culture or political correctness would like it to be... The
science of female arousal is complex and woefully neglected, and Wolf
has done us all a favour by trying to drag it into the mainstream --
Jemima Lewis The Mail on Sunday Wolf's tome could not be better
timed... at a time when Western women's bodies have never been more
highly politicised, the one person who might be able to shine a ray of
light... has to be Wolf. Perhaps this history will do for 21st century
activism what The Beauty Myth did for 1990s feminists... Wolf is
exploring territory we haven't heard about since Germaine Greer in the
1970 -- Viv Goskrup Independent on Sunday Worth respecting, even
celebrating... there is [here] a very intriguing thesis about love...
If you are one of those School of Cosmo feminists who has been arguing
for decades that women should be more like men sexually... then Wolf's
take is genuinely revolutionary -- Sarah Vine The Times Part memoir,
part cultural history and part scientific journey around women's
sexuality, the best elements of which illuminate how little women
generally know about their own anatomy...

-- Emma Brockes Guardian --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061989169

CB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfT7nz19GUs
Naomi Wolf on "Vagina: A New Biography"
Message has been deleted

obama'slegio...@7/11.nig

Dec 9, 2012, 4:15:12 PM12/9/12
On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 18:30:29 -0700, Yoor...@Jurgis.net wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 23:32:14 -0500, Obama's Legion of Flash Mobs @
>7/11.nig wrote:
>
>> Naomi Wolf - Vagina is posted in audio on,
>
>Sure it isn't your mothers?

Words of a nigger

CB
NOTE:
My use of the word 'nigger' is of a character description. In no way
do I use the word to disparage Black people. When I use "nigger" to
describe low down and ugly people I refer to Webster's Dictionary
before the age of Political Correctness, around 1978. Nigger described
low down and ugly people and that's how I use it with people who post
'vulgarity'. Look up that word.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/601439_267770363343252_798319774_n.jpg
Message has been deleted

obama'slegio...@7/11.nig

Dec 10, 2012, 2:25:11 PM12/10/12
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:24:12 -0700, Yoor...@Jurgis.net wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 16:15:12 -0500, Obama's Legion of Flash Mobs @
>7/11.nig wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 18:30:29 -0700, Yoor...@Jurgis.net wrote:

>>>Sure it isn't your mothers?
>>
>>Words of a nigger
>>
>>CB
>>NOTE:
>>My use of the word 'nigger' is of a character description.
>
>Which of course is directly a racial slur to blacks.

No, I qualify my use of the word description so that it segrigates
between the relative moral equivelance you assign the word to a whole
'class' of people and the way I describe your character.
Message has been deleted

obama'slegio...@7/11.nig

Dec 11, 2012, 8:33:06 PM12/11/12
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:50:27 -0700, Yoor...@Jurgis.net wrote:

>>>Which of course is directly a racial slur to blacks.
>>
>>No, I qualify my use of the word description so that it segrigates
>>between the relative moral equivelance you assign the word to a whole
>>'class' of people and the way I describe your character.
>
>Other than babbling a spate of words that mean nothing---the use of a
>racial slur and denying it is sick.

Oboobuh gun guhwee unt gag'me wit duh spoono?
Message has been deleted