Is Group DEAD?

Alan Walkowiak

Feb 9, 2020, 2:48:09 AM2/9/20
I haven't seen any new posts lately is this group dying or just nothing new to post in the group? can anyone answer this or not?

songbird

Feb 9, 2020, 7:00:41 AM2/9/20
Alan Walkowiak wrote:
> I haven't seen any new posts lately is this group dying or just nothing new to post in the group? can anyone answer this or not?

yeah, pretty quiet, i still am here. :)

songbird

Steve Pope

Feb 9, 2020, 7:10:26 PM2/9/20
I am still here, and my notifies are such that I will see anything
posted here.

Maybe we should take a roll call?

Steve

Ken Wright

Feb 9, 2020, 11:45:48 PM2/9/20
I'm here.

CaseOfEmergency

Mar 3, 2020, 3:35:54 PM3/3/20
We are ready to mingle with straight couples in Amsterdam

Alan Walkowiak

Mar 10, 2020, 4:15:10 PM3/10/20

Guy W. Thomas

May 12, 2020, 6:47:20 PM5/12/20
I'm a bit tardy, but I'm here on occasion.

Guy

Brian1789

May 13, 2020, 2:20:44 AM5/13/20
On Sunday, 9 February 2020 16:10:26 UTC-8, Steve Pope wrote:
Passing by, even if I haven't posted much since... LJ? Early 2000s?

Brian1789

songbird

May 13, 2020, 2:12:20 PM5/13/20
Guy W. Thomas wrote:
> I'm a bit tardy, but I'm here on occasion.

i'm subscribed via the newsfeed so if someone posts
i'll see it.

not really much going on new though. gardening season
keeps me busy. :)

songbird

songbird

May 23, 2020, 10:55:08 PM5/23/20
Chickpea wrote:
> In alt.polyamory, (songbird) wrote in <7i2tog-...@anthive.com>::
>> i'm subscribed via the newsfeed so if someone posts
>>i'll see it.
>>
>> not really much going on new though. gardening season
>>keeps me busy. :)
>
> *Waves*

*waves back*

> In lockdown, but as I've mainly worked from home the last 2 decades,
> it's not a huge lifestyle change.

yes, this really is not far from life as usual for
me either other than the worrying about a large
number of elderly friends and family and people with
health issues.

be safe, wash hands, wear mask and don't take silly
risks. hopefully there will be an effective vaccine
available soon.

songbird

Freyja

Jun 2, 2020, 4:40:39 AM6/2/20
Hubby & I moved from the Bay Area to the Inland Empire a couple of years
ago. Being housebound makes me appreciate how well we renovated the
house we bought, and we love our house! We got lucky and got it with no
mortgage, so money isn't a worry. Being in such a semi-rural area means
the pandemic is touching us lightly. I was gone for a while because my
hard drive died on my naptop, then HP sent my computer back with a new
hard drive, but didn't put the old content on it. So, we had to find a
guy who could extract the old drive material and put it on a
high-capacity flash drive. It took a while to get Chris to get my
computer working again, but it's working. As soon as I figure I have
everything the way I want it, I'll copy everything onto a backup naptop.

Fun thing about or house is that we're across the street from Chris'
cousins and their Maine Coon girls. We both have catios as coyotes are
too common.

--
Freyja the NurseWench
http://freyjaw.dreamwidth.org

songbird

Jun 2, 2020, 12:32:56 PM6/2/20
Freyja wrote:
> Hubby & I moved from the Bay Area to the Inland Empire a couple of years
> ago. Being housebound makes me appreciate how well we renovated the
> house we bought, and we love our house! We got lucky and got it with no
> mortgage, so money isn't a worry. Being in such a semi-rural area means
> the pandemic is touching us lightly.

i hope it remains so for the sake of everyone.

> I was gone for a while because my
> hard drive died on my naptop, then HP sent my computer back with a new
> hard drive, but didn't put the old content on it. So, we had to find a
> guy who could extract the old drive material and put it on a
> high-capacity flash drive. It took a while to get Chris to get my
> computer working again, but it's working. As soon as I figure I have
> everything the way I want it, I'll copy everything onto a backup naptop.

SSDs are cheap enough now that i just added a few
more TB of storage on a second device so that i can
have more room for pictures when i get my setup
figured out. with that 2nd device being so much
quicker i rarely bother firing up the external
backup hard drive, but it is there for the once
every few months backup i run. some day i need
to consolidate the many copies i have of some files
and that would save me a lot of space but as of
yet i've not got that done... i'm busy dorking
around with other things. :)

> Fun thing about or house is that we're across the street from Chris'
> cousins and their Maine Coon girls. We both have catios as coyotes are
> too common.

coyotes are around here too but rarely seen. i hear
them more often yipping at the moon. no fur babies here
to worry about. Mom has zero tolerance and i can live
without them.

songbird

Freyja

Jun 6, 2020, 4:45:25 AM6/6/20
On 6/2/2020 09:32, songbird wrote:
> Freyja wrote:
>> Hubby & I moved from the Bay Area to the Inland Empire a couple of years
>> ago. Being housebound makes me appreciate how well we renovated the
>> house we bought, and we love our house! We got lucky and got it with no
>> mortgage, so money isn't a worry. Being in such a semi-rural area means
>> the pandemic is touching us lightly.
>
> i hope it remains so for the sake of everyone.

From your keyboard to the DOYC's ears.

>> I was gone for a while because my
>> hard drive died on my naptop, then HP sent my computer back with a new
>> hard drive, but didn't put the old content on it. So, we had to find a
>> guy who could extract the old drive material and put it on a
>> high-capacity flash drive. It took a while to get Chris to get my
>> computer working again, but it's working. As soon as I figure I have
>> everything the way I want it, I'll copy everything onto a backup naptop.
>
> SSDs are cheap enough now that i just added a few
> more TB of storage on a second device so that i can
> have more room for pictures when i get my setup
> figured out. with that 2nd device being so much
> quicker i rarely bother firing up the external
> backup hard drive, but it is there for the once
> every few months backup i run. some day i need
> to consolidate the many copies i have of some files
> and that would save me a lot of space but as of
> yet i've not got that done... i'm busy dorking
> around with other things. :)

I also have a large flash drive that can back up the naptop.

Keeping busy is a Good Thing.

>> Fun thing about our house is that we're across the street from Chris'
>> cousins and their Maine Coon girls. We both have catios as coyotes are
>> too common.
>
> coyotes are around here too but rarely seen. i hear
> them more often yipping at the moon. no fur babies here
> to worry about. Mom has zero tolerance and i can live
> without them.

The coyotes are brazen here. One was in our side yard looking in our
guest bedroom at Achilles our pocket panther and yipping at him.
Achilles mewed back. Dad, who is in our guest room (we got it and
furnished it to be used for guests - unpacked boxes are in the garage),
watched the whole thing. The furkids visit him in the afternoons when
the sun shines in. One day, he saw a rabbit trying to eat the
artificial grass. It was a very confused rabbit. I told Dad he needs
to record these things!

--
Freyja the NurseWench
http://freyjaw.dreamwidth.org
Twitter: @FreyjaRN
"A home without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered
cat, may be a perfect home, perhaps; but how can it prove its title?"
-Mark Twain

songbird

Jun 8, 2020, 5:22:21 AM6/8/20
Freyja wrote:
> Keeping busy is a Good Thing.

for sure! :) out in the gardens trying to
get everything planted. one more day inside the
fence and i will be done there, then i can move
on to the gardens outside the fence.

right when this C-19 thing was starting up i
said that things should have been shut down until
we had a better idea of what it was and how bad.

there was a seed swap that about 700 people
attended at the end of February and i wonder how
many people were sick with it even then. there
were plenty of people there with colds and such.

> The coyotes are brazen here. One was in our side yard looking in our
> guest bedroom at Achilles our pocket panther and yipping at him.
> Achilles mewed back. Dad, who is in our guest room (we got it and
> furnished it to be used for guests - unpacked boxes are in the garage),
> watched the whole thing. The furkids visit him in the afternoons when
> the sun shines in. One day, he saw a rabbit trying to eat the
> artificial grass. It was a very confused rabbit. I told Dad he needs
> to record these things!

haha! i can't imagine them even trying as it all
must smell so wrong.

songbird

Alan alan7388

Jul 28, 2020, 1:13:00 PM7/28/20
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 2:48:09 AM UTC-5, Alan Walkowiak wrote:
> I haven't seen any new posts lately is this group dying or just nothing new to post in the group? can anyone answer this or not?

Please, somebody rouse a mod to clean out the recent spam and keep this historic, amazing, 28-year-old list alive!

songbird

Jul 28, 2020, 7:09:28 PM7/28/20
Alan alan7388 wrote:
> On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 2:48:09 AM UTC-5, Alan Walkowiak wrote:
>> I haven't seen any new posts lately is this group dying or just nothing new to post in the group? can anyone answer this or not?

it's very quiet.

> Please, somebody rouse a mod to clean out the recent spam and keep this historic, amazing, 28-year-old list alive!

there are no moderators, but you can perhaps use a
better feed which does filter spam so you don't see
it?

songbird

Freyja

Aug 22, 2020, 7:24:07 AM8/22/20
I hit "delete".

--
Freyja the NurseWench
http://freyjaw.dreamwidth.org
Twitter: @FreyjaRN
Programmer's Drinking Song
100 little bugs in the code,
100 bugs in the code,
You fix one bug, compile it again,
101 little bugs in the code...
[Repeat until BUGS = 0]

CaseOfEmergency

Aug 29, 2020, 3:20:12 PM8/29/20
On 2020-08-22 13:24, Freyja wrote:
> On 7/28/2020 16:09, songbird wrote:
>> Alan alan7388 wrote:
>>
>>    it's very quiet.
>>

>>> Please, somebody rouse a mod to clean out the recent spam and keep
>>> this historic, amazing, 28-year-old list alive!
>>
>>    there are no moderators, but you can perhaps use a
>> better feed which does filter spam so you don't see
>> it?
>>

>>    songbird
>>

> I hit "delete".

Such a waste :-(((