alt.polycon announcement 2.1

Rivka W

Oct 16, 2004, 7:56:08 AM10/16/04
Alt.polycon 12 announcement 2.1

This announcement will be posted biweekly until the convention.

Alt.polycon 12 information is also available on our website, thanks to
betsy: <http://www.cavort.org/apc12/index.htm>

CONTENTS:
1. What is alt.polycon 12?
2. What is alt.polycon 12 *not?*
3. Where and when will alt.polycon 12 be held?
4. Alt.polycon 12 concom
5. Registration
6. Hotel information
7. Activities
8. Getting to alt.polycon 12
9. Alt.polycon 12 child policy
10. About Baltimore
11. Mailing list information
12. Registration form

1. WHAT IS ALT.POLYCON 12?

Alt.polycon 12 is the twelfth in a series of regular, international
conventions for readers of the Usenet group alt.polyamory, as well as
their friends and partners. If you read - or used to read - alt.poly,
even if you've never posted, we encourage you to consider attenting an
alt.polycon. Meet the people who populate newsgroup threads, join in
discussions of polyamory in all its diversity, and enjoy casual
opportunities for discussion and fun.

2. WHAT IS ALT.POLYCON 12 *NOT*?

Alt.polycon 12 is not a general conference for anyone interested in
polyamory - it's more like a family reunion for members of a
particular online community. The discussions and in-jokes tend to be
newsgroup-focused. While friends and partners of alt.poly readers
usually have a good time, if you have no connection to the newsgroup
you would probably be happier elsewhere. For this reason, we ask that
you not repost this announcement to other groups, mailing lists, or
websites.

3. WHERE AND WHEN WILL ALT.POLYCON 12 BE HELD?

Alt.polycon 12 will be held in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, January
21-23, 2005. Opening ceremonies will be held at 4:00pm on Friday,
January 21. Programming will continue until 4:00pm on Sunday, January
23.

4. ALT.POLYCON 12 CONCOM

Chair: Rivka (riv...@verizon.net)
Hotel liaison: Michael (mis...@verizon.net)
At-con registration: fmmo (fm...@usa.net)
Programming: Ryk and Louise (r...@wellingtonhouse.org,
lou...@wellingtonhouse.org)
Publications: betsy (kall...@visi.com)
Consuite: Jeff (polya...@hotmail.com)
T-shirts: LoRe (macu...@hotmail.com)
Dance: Ladywench (fruw...@aol.com)
Concom-at-large: Bill Gawne (ga...@cesmail.net)

5. REGISTRATION

Alt.polycon memberships may be purchased in either U.S. or Canadian
dollars. Current registration fees:
Adults Kids 6-12 Kids under 6
now-1 Jan 05: US$75/CDN$100 US$35/CDN$50 Free
After 1 Jan 05: US$90/CDN$120 US$45/CDN$60 Free

Memberships purchased after Jan 1, 2005 may not include the Decadent
Sunday Brunch.

The registration form is available at
<http://www.cavort.org/apc12/register.htm> or at the bottom of this
announcement. To register, fill out the registration form and send it
in along with payment. The website will submit your registration form
automatically; if you are using the form printed in this announcement,
please send it by postal mail to the address in the following
paragraph (if you're paying via check) or e-mail it to
conreg...@yahoo.com (if you're paying via paypal).

Payment may be made via paypal (polya...@hotmail.com) or via check
or money order in U.S. or Canadian funds. All checks/money orders
should be mailed to 837 Park Ave, Baltimore MD, 21201, and made out to
Rebecca Wald.

A free membership will be provided to the winner of the alt.polycon
fan fund. Free memberships are not provided to program participants or
members of the concom.

T-shirts may be ordered at registration, or may be ordered now by
people who have already registered. The color is yet to be determined,
but will not be black or white. As is traditional for alt.polycons,
the design will not be unveiled until the con. T-shirts will be
available in sizes youth-small to 5x for $15 per shirt.

6. HOTEL INFORMATION

Alt.polycon 12 will be held in the Tremont Plaza Hotel at 222 St. Paul
St., Baltimore MD, 21202. <http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com> This is
an all-suites hotel. The standard room reserved for the convention is
a one-room "plaza suite" equipped with either two double beds or a
king-sized bed and pull-out sofa; a kitchenette with refrigerator,
microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, and sink; and a separate sitting
area. A limited number of smoking rooms are available. The room rate
is $95 per night for 1-4 people. The hotel will honor the convention
rate from Wednesday, Jan 19 to Tuesday, Jan 25 for people who would
like to make a longer visit to the Baltimore area.

For an additional $20 per night, alt.polycon attendees can upgrade to
a large "premier suite" with a separate bedroom and a pull-out sofa in
the living room. If you want to upgrade to a "premier suite," at the
present time you cannot book online and must use the hotel's phone
number. We're working on it.

Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 1-800-TREMONT and
asking for the "alt.polycon" group rate, or online through this
website: <http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com/grouprates.htm>. The group
code for the website is "altpol" (in all lowercase, without the
quotation marks). Note that there are two hotels listed on the
website - the con is being held in the Tremont PLAZA, not the Tremont
Park.

Also note that parking is not included in the hotel rate. Valet
parking is available for $25 per night with in-out privileges, or you
can self-park in a city garage next door to the hotel for $13 per
night with no in-out privileges.

The Tremont Plaza has two restaurants. Tug's Bar and Grille is a
casual dining restaurant serving three meals per day (open
7am-11:30pm). Prices at lunch range from $6-10, and at dinner from
$14-30, and the menu includes vegetarian options. In the lobby of the
Tremont Plaza is an award-winning deli serving sandwiches and prepared
salads for around $5. The Plaza Deli also sells a small range of
groceries, including gourmet cheeses, snacks, juice, fresh fruit,
frozen dinners, ice cream, beer, and wine. It will be open daily from
8am-8pm during alt.polycon 12. Many other restaurants are within three
blocks of the hotel.

7. ACTIVITIES

The main activities at alt.polycon are "panels," group discussions or
presentations-with-discussions led by a small group of panelists.
Program items are suggested, organized (or disorganized) and run by
alt.polycon attendees themselves, so if you have programming ideas,
please communicate them to Ryk and Louise: r...@wellingtonhouse.org,
lou...@wellingtonhouse.org.

There will be a Masked Ball on Saturday night (think Mardi Gras).
Costumes are encouraged but not required; limited mask-making supplies
will be available at the con. If you're willing to help with the
dance - we particularly need a DJ! - please contact Ladywench at
fruw...@aol.com.

Late on Sunday morning, there will be the traditional alt.polycon
Decadent Sunday Brunch. Brunch is included in your membership fee. If
you have special dietary restrictions, please note them on your
registration form. We intend to plan the menu to accommodate
vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-intolerant people, as well as other
special requirements *if we are made aware of them.*

Informal socializing will take place in the consuite, a large hotel
suite outfitted with snacks, drinks, and comfortable furniture. The
consuite is a good place to meet up with old friends and make new
ones; to play games or tell stories; to have informal discussions and
debates; to get the scoop on Baltimore restaurants, make dinner plans,
and study take-out menus; and to sample treats assembled from far and
near. Portions of the consuite will be designated a "quiet area" for
low-volume conversation, quiet board games, and decompression. If you
are willing to help organize, stock, clean, and/or staff the consuite,
please contact Jeff at polya...@hotmail.com.

Some previous alt.polycons have had a game room and a crafts room in
addition to the consuite. These special rooms have typically been
organized by attendees and have not been official con expenses. We
encourage anyone who would like to organize a craft or game room, and
will be glad to help coordinate these efforts. E-mail Rivka at
riv...@verizon.net.

8. GETTING TO ALT.POLYCON

*Traveling by plane:*
Baltimore is primarily served by Baltimore-Washington International
Airport (BWI). The estimated driving time from BWI to the Tremont
Plaza hotel is 20-25 minutes.

Transportation from BWI by Supershuttle van (1-800-BLUE-VAN or
<http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/bwi.htm>) will cost
approximately $11 per person, each way. Reservations may be a good
idea, but are not *necessary* unless you need a wheelchair-accessible
van. Shuttle service is available from 6am to 2am.

By car, leave the airport on I-195. Take the I-95 North exit towards
Baltimore, and follow directions for I-95 as given below.

Public transit directions from the airport will be forthcoming.

*Traveling by rail:*
Baltimore's Penn Station is less than two miles from the Tremont Plaza
hotel. Leave the station by the St. Paul St. exit and proceed south.
When St. Paul St. forks, take the right fork (St. Paul Place). The
Tremont Plaza will be approximately four blocks further, on your
right.

Public transit directions from Penn Station will be forthcoming.

*Traveling by car:*
From the north via I-83:
* I-83 to Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
* West on I-695 toward Towson
* Exit 23 heading south on Jones Falls Expressway (I-83)
* Take St. Paul Street exit, one way, heading south
* Continue down St. Paul Street until it forks: take the right fork
onto St. Paul Place
* Tremont Plaza will be approximately four blocks down on the right.

From the north or south via I-95:
* Take the I-395 Exit, heading "Downtown"
* Coming off exit, stay in lane for "Inner Harbor"
* Bear right toward the Inner Harbor onto Conway Street
* At the second traffic light, turn left onto Charles Street
* You will go through approximately 5 traffic lights. Turn right onto
Saratoga Street, go down one block to St. Paul Place, turn right.
* Tremont Plaza is on the corner of Saratoga and St. Paul Place.

From the west via I-70:
* Take I-70 to I-695, the Baltimore Beltway.
* Follow I-695 towards Glen Burnie.
* Get onto I-95 North to Baltimore and follow the above directions

9. ALT.POLYCON 12 CHILD POLICY

Typically, alt.polycons have not had a separate children's programming
track or con-provided childcare due to insufficient demand. However,
alt.polycon 12 is intended to be a family-friendly convention, and
families with children are welcome. The concom will gladly assist
parents in making co-op childcare arrangements or locating qualified
outside babysitters. With sufficient member interest, a separate room
will be provided for childcare - thus, if you have small children and
would find this useful, please register *early* and mention your
childcare needs in the comments section of the registration form.

Alt.polycon panels are oriented towards adult interests, and may
include adult language and themes - sometimes without advance notice
in the program. Parents who bring their children to programming are
solely responsible for what their children hear there. All children
under age 12 must be accompanied by a parent (or designated
responsible adult) *at all times.*

10. ABOUT BALTIMORE

Baltimore is a large city (population 1 million) and one of America's
oldest. At the Inner Harbor, visit the museum ships, including
Constellation, the first ship to be commissioned in the U.S. Navy. The
National Aquarium in Baltimore is widely considered to be the best in
the country. Take a sheltered water taxi to Fells Point, a
shipbuilding neighborhood settled long before the American Revolution.
Or tour the National Historic Park at Fort McHenry, where a British
invasion was repulsed during the War of 1812, leading Francis Scott
Key to write "The Star-Spangled Banner."

Among Baltimore's diverse museums are the American Visionary Art
Museum, devoted to "outsider art;" the Great Blacks in Wax Museum; and
the Public Works Museum, "the first U.S. museum dedicated to the
history of municipal services." The Walters Art Museum is less than a
mile from the alt.polycon hotel, and features an impressive collection
ranging from Egyptian mummies to 20th century European art. The
Peabody Conservatory of Music is also convenient to the alt.polycon
hotel, and often offers free concerts. You may also want to visit the
Edgar Allen Poe house, tour the Camden Yards baseball stadium, or see
the oldest cathedral in North America.

Baltimore also serves as a convenient base for exploring the
surrounding areas, including Washington, D.C.'s many museums and
historical sites. On weekdays, commuter trains depart Penn Station for
D.C. approximately every hour, and cost $10 round trip. Other tourist
destinations which make excellent day trips from Baltimore include
George Washington's home at Mount Vernon, Harper's Ferry in West
Virginia, and the Civil War battlefields at Antietam and Gettysburg.

Baltimore has a broad range of dining options, and many restaurants
are within three or four blocks of the alt.polycon hotel. A full
restaurant guide will be printed in the convention program, and
take-out menus will be available in the consuite.

Like any other large U.S. city, Baltimore suffers from problems with
crime and drugs. The alt.polycon hotel is in an area that is
well-populated and generally safe; however, people with concerns about
urban safety may not want to walk alone after dark. If you plan to
travel far from the convention hotel, you may wish to consult
Baltimore locals (Rivka, Michael, Bill Gawne, Jeff) about the safety
of your destination neighborhood.

11. MAILING LIST INFORMATION

Interested in following the alt.polycon 12 planning saga, contributing
your ideas, or helping out? Consider subscribing to the convention
mailing list, a low-traffic planning list kindly hosted by Gwynyth.

To subscribe to the mailing list, send a message with the word
'subscribe' in the Subject: field to apc12-...@gleewood.org

To subscribe to the digest, send a message with the word 'subscribe'
in the Subject: field to apc12-d...@gleewood.org

To send email to the mailing list, write to the following address:
ap...@gleewood.org

12. REGISTRATION FORM

$___________ for registration for ____ adult(s).
$___________ for registration for ____ kid(s) ages 6-12.

______ t-shirts @ $15 each
adult small___ med___ large___ 1X___ 2X___ 3X___ 4x**___ 5x**___
youth small___ med___ large___

T-shirt orders need to be received no later than January 1 for $15
price and delivery at the con. Shirts ordered after this date may be
delayed and/or cost more.

** Many suppliers do not keep 4x and 5x or all youth sizes in ready
stock. If there will be any difference in color or brand, LoRe will
confer with people ordering these sizes about their options.

$___________ in US/CDN funds (circle which) is the total amount
enclosed.

ATTENDEE INFORMATION

All information given will appear on your badge unless you specify
that you want something omitted. Please circle your name, other name,
or e-mail address to indicate which you want to be listed first.

Name Other Name (if any) E-Mail Address Where You Live
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________
______________ __________________ ______________ _______________

Will you be bringing children? (Y/N)

Please indicate if you would like to volunteer to help with
alt.polycon in any of the following areas:

___Planning
___Scheduling
___Setup
___Cleanup
___Consuite
___Registration
___Children's Activities
___Anywhere I/We can

Comments/Questions?

Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Doug Goncz

Oct 18, 2004, 9:02:24 PM10/18/04

>Memberships purchased after Jan 1, 2005 may not include the Decadent
>Sunday Brunch.

I'd suggest rewriting that. It's confusing. If we sign up late, do we get fed,
or not?

If a purchased membership does not include the brunch, what is the method of
notification?

>Tug's Bar and Grille is a
>casual dining restaurant serving three meals per day (open
>7am-11:30pm). Prices at lunch range from $6-10, and at dinner from
>$14-30

Extrapolating to breakfast, we're looking at pocket change for eggs, salmon,
and ham.

>Public transit directions from Penn Station will be forthcoming.

That's clear.

>The alt.polycon hotel is in an area that is
>well-populated and generally safe; however, people with concerns about
>urban safety may not want to walk alone after dark.

Safety, comfort, and fun are reasonable priorites, in that order, for almost
any activity.

Respectfully

Yours,
Doug Goncz ( ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/incoming )
Student member SAE for one year.
I love: Dona, Jeff, Kim, Mom, Neelix, Tasha, and Teri, alphabetically.
I drive: A double-step Thunderbolt with 657% range.

For Madmen Only

Oct 19, 2004, 8:26:26 PM10/19/04
On 19 Oct 2004 01:02:24 GMT, dgo...@aol.com ( Doug Goncz ) wrote:

>>Memberships purchased after Jan 1, 2005 may not include the Decadent
>>Sunday Brunch.
>
>I'd suggest rewriting that. It's confusing. If we sign up late, do we get fed,
>or not?

It means exactly what it says and sounds clear enough to me. It
*might* not include the group brunch. However, it might. Often this is
dependent on when a confirmed headcount must be given to the hotel
function planners, how much leeway there is in that number, whether or
not anyone who has been counted doesn't end up attending the con (thus
possibly leaving extra spaces), and whether or not there are available
funds to add a tad more to the headcount "just in case." If you
purchase membership late, you run the risk of not being included in
the brunch count. Knowing this crowd, attempts will be made to include
even latecomers but that may not always be possible.

>If a purchased membership does not include the brunch, what is the method of
>notification?

It seems to me that if this is critical information for the person who
purchases the membership after the stated date (January 1) then they
are free to request specific information at that time, and the burden
is mostly on them. If someone isn't willing to deal with that burden
they just need to purchase membership earlier.

fmmo

Doug Goncz

Oct 21, 2004, 1:38:03 PM10/21/04
I propose that:

>>>Memberships purchased after Jan 1, 2005 may not include the Decadent
>>>Sunday Brunch.

be rewritten as:

Memberships puchased after Jan 1, 2005 might not include the Decadent Sunday
Brunch

because "may" indicates permission; as written, withheld permission, while
"might" is used to indicate chance or probability. As in:

One: "I'm enjoying the polycon. Might we have a dance?"

Another: "We might. Do you mambo?"

versus

One: "I'm enjoying the polycon. May I have this dance?"

Another: "You may!"

See?

>It *might* not include the group brunch.

OK. We're agreed. Memberships purchased after Jan 1, 2005 might not include the
brunch.

Doug Goncz

I love: Dona, Jeff, Kim, Mom, Neelix, Tasha, and Teri, alphabetically.
I drive: A double-step Thunderbolt with 657% range.

I fight terrorism by: Using less gasoline.

umarc

Oct 21, 2004, 9:59:21 PM10/21/04
dgo...@aol.com ( Doug Goncz ) writes:

>because "may" indicates permission; as written, withheld permission, while
>"might" is used to indicate chance or probability.

In Anglo-Saxon times, "might" was the past tense of "may".

umar
--
"The Bush-Cheney administration is a rarity in American history, it is
simultaneously dishonest and incompetent."

Message has been deleted

Louise

Nov 12, 2004, 1:41:51 PM11/12/04
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 07:56:08 -0400, "Rivka W" <riv...@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Alt.polycon 12 will be held in the Tremont Plaza Hotel at 222 St. Paul
>St., Baltimore MD, 21202. <http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com> This is
>an all-suites hotel. The standard room reserved for the convention is
>a one-room "plaza suite" equipped with either two double beds or a
>king-sized bed and pull-out sofa; a kitchenette with refrigerator,
>microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, and sink; and a separate sitting
>area. A limited number of smoking rooms are available. The room rate
>is $95 per night for 1-4 people. The hotel will honor the convention
>rate from Wednesday, Jan 19 to Tuesday, Jan 25 for people who would
>like to make a longer visit to the Baltimore area.
>
>For an additional $20 per night, alt.polycon attendees can upgrade to
>a large "premier suite" with a separate bedroom and a pull-out sofa in
>the living room. If you want to upgrade to a "premier suite," at the
>present time you cannot book online and must use the hotel's phone
>number. We're working on it.
>
>Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 1-800-TREMONT and
>asking for the "alt.polycon" group rate, or online through this
>website: <http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com/grouprates.htm>. The group
>code for the website is "altpol" (in all lowercase, without the
>quotation marks). Note that there are two hotels listed on the
>website - the con is being held in the Tremont PLAZA, not the Tremont
>Park.

Following these instructions on the website gives a rate of $115 per
night, not $95.

I think Rivka might be having net access issues right now; does anyone
else have insight into this?

Louise

Pat Kight

Nov 13, 2004, 4:24:55 AM11/13/04

Not off-hand, but when I run into these sorts of discrepencies, I usually
get off the Web and make the phone call.

Which, come to think of it, I probably ought to do tomorrow.

--
Pat Kight
kig...@peak.org

Mean Green Dancing Machine

Nov 13, 2004, 11:08:34 AM11/13/04
In article <sr0ap0du9sh7bhj5q...@4ax.com>,

Louise <lou...@wellingtonhouse.org> wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 07:56:08 -0400, "Rivka W" <riv...@verizon.net>
>wrote:
>>
>>Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 1-800-TREMONT and
>>asking for the "alt.polycon" group rate, or online through this
>>website: <http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com/grouprates.htm>. The group
>>code for the website is "altpol" (in all lowercase, without the
>>quotation marks). Note that there are two hotels listed on the
>>website - the con is being held in the Tremont PLAZA, not the Tremont
>>Park.
>
>Following these instructions on the website gives a rate of $115 per
>night, not $95.
>
>I think Rivka might be having net access issues right now; does anyone
>else have insight into this?

Not particularly, but the web site is badly broken. I was able to make
a reservation just now, but *NOT* for a start date of 1/20, four nights,
only 1/21, three nights [*]. When I tried using their Contact Us form,
I got a ColdFusion error.

[*] This was the error I got when trying to reserve for 1/20:

Reservations must be made at least 0 day(s) in advance.
Please go back and choose a later date.
--
--- Aahz <*> (Copyright 2004 by aa...@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6 http://rule6.info/

"I don't want to make a decision."
"Tell me, anyway -- then I can ignore it." --AM/SM

Rivka W

Nov 14, 2004, 2:55:41 PM11/14/04
"Louise" <lou...@wellingtonhouse.org> wrote in message

> Following these instructions on the website gives a rate of $115
> per night, not $95.
>
> I think Rivka might be having net access issues right now; does
> anyone else have insight into this?

Net access problems have recently been resolved, and our hotel liaison
is now aware that this is a problem. He's going to talk to our hotel
contact first thing tomorrow morning, and I'll post an update tomorrow
(Monday) night.

Is anyone having this problem with the hotel on the phone, or is it
all on the website?

Rivka

Mean Green Dancing Machine

Nov 14, 2004, 3:14:03 PM11/14/04
[p&e]

In article <2vprmgF...@uni-berlin.de>, Rivka W <riv...@verizon.net> wrote:
>"Louise" <lou...@wellingtonhouse.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Following these instructions on the website gives a rate of $115
>> per night, not $95.
>

>Is anyone having this problem with the hotel on the phone, or is it
>all on the website?

As I said in my post, my problem was with the dates, not the rate. I've
called the hotel, and they claim it'll be fixed tomorrow. (Apparently
the phone people can't deal with web reservations directly.)

Rivka W

Nov 15, 2004, 5:44:15 PM11/15/04
"Rivka W" <riv...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Louise" <lou...@wellingtonhouse.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Following these instructions on the website gives a rate of $115
>> per night, not $95.
>>
> Net access problems have recently been resolved, and our hotel
> liaison is now aware that this is a problem. He's going to
> talk to our hotel contact first thing tomorrow morning, and I'll
> post an update tomorrow (Monday) night.

Michael spoke to our hotel contact today. She confirmed that our rate
is indeed $95 for up to four people in a room, and was surprised to
hear that there are problems. She is working with the Reservations
manager to correct the system.

She would like to personally ensure that anyone who had a problem
securing the right rate for the right days is given a correct
reservation. If you had a problem, you can e-mail your reservation
details (not credit card numbers or anything, but name, number of
rooms, and dates) to Michael at mis...@verizon.net and he will pass
them on to her. Alternatively, you can contact her directly: Dana
Carson, at 443-524-1357.

Rivka

For Madmen Only

Nov 17, 2004, 6:12:07 PM11/17/04
On 13 Nov 2004 08:08:34 -0800, aa...@pobox.com (Mean Green Dancing
Machine) wrote:

[snip quoted material with info to call 1-800-TREMONT or use website
http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com/grouprates.htm with code "altpol"]

>Not particularly, but the web site is badly broken. I was able to make
>a reservation just now, but *NOT* for a start date of 1/20, four nights,
>only 1/21, three nights [*].

Yup, that's still happening--I tried to make reservations today. My
guess is that they've got records wrong as to when the group rate
applies so it doesn't let you enter the earlier date. Still, as noted
by Aahz below, it gives a really stupid error message.

>When I tried using their Contact Us form,
>I got a ColdFusion error.

For me, using Opera, I got nothing when I clicked the "Contact hotel"
or "Report problem" links.

>[*] This was the error I got when trying to reserve for 1/20:
>
> Reservations must be made at least 0 day(s) in advance.
> Please go back and choose a later date.

Grrr. I'd really rather not use the phone, but I guess that's what I'm
going to do (or I could just send them email without using the link I
guess.)

fmmo

Mean Green Dancing Machine

Nov 17, 2004, 6:21:16 PM11/17/04
[p&e]

In article <rlmnp01apsodn1qjg...@4ax.com>,

For Madmen Only <fm...@att.net> wrote:
>On 13 Nov 2004 08:08:34 -0800, aa...@pobox.com (Mean Green Dancing
>Machine) wrote:
>>
>>Not particularly, but the web site is badly broken. I was able to make
>>a reservation just now, but *NOT* for a start date of 1/20, four nights,
>>only 1/21, three nights [*].
>
>Yup, that's still happening--I tried to make reservations today. My
>guess is that they've got records wrong as to when the group rate
>applies so it doesn't let you enter the earlier date. Still, as noted
>by Aahz below, it gives a really stupid error message.

Or you could try doing what I did: I went ahead and made a reservation,
and then sent e-mail to Michael asking him to fix it as Rivka suggested.

For Madmen Only

Nov 29, 2004, 8:41:07 PM11/29/04
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:12:07 GMT, For Madmen Only <fm...@att.net>
wrote:

>On 13 Nov 2004 08:08:34 -0800, aa...@pobox.com (Mean Green Dancing

>Machine) wrote:
>
>[snip quoted material with info to call 1-800-TREMONT or use website
>http://www.tremontsuitehotels.com/grouprates.htm with code "altpol"]

[snip other stuff about web site being broken--specifically not being
able to make reservation starting earlier than 1/21], and therefore me
procrastinating further wrt to making my reservations]

It works now!

I just made reservations for 4 nights starting Thursday, 1/20.

Reminder though: if you use the site be sure to log in with the
"altpol" under the Tremont *Plaza* not *Park*.

fmmo