Bushamerica - Hunter S. Thompson MURDERED

3 views
Skip to first unread message

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 12:13:02 AM2/21/05
to
What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide
but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
free thinkers in america.


http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=4&u=/ap/20050221/ap_on_re_us/obit_thompson

edi...@netpath.net

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 12:41:29 AM2/21/05
to
"Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend" wrote:
>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a >suicide
but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out >to get rid of all
free thinkers in america.

Get out of denial. Not only do lots of people in the U.S. - Drudge,
Limbaugh, Michael Moore, etc. - habitually bash Washington to huge
audiences, they make rich careers out of it. Nazi Germany this isn't -
no matter how much Michael Moore thinks otherwise. (Can you imagine a
dissident filmmaker traipsing around Berlin in 1938 making a film
bashing the Fuhrer and then having it shown all over the Third Reich?)

See all our stuff at <a
href="http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW">Internet Gun Show!</a>

tariq....@spamgourmet.com

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:01:56 AM2/21/05
to
a brave man who stood up to conformism and dictatorship has been
murdered. the people remain cold and indifferent.

Seawolf

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:38:03 AM2/21/05
to

"Roedy Green" <loo...@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:240j11196tns4gc87...@4ax.com...
> On 20 Feb 2005 21:13:02 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> <xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote or quoted :

>
>>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide
>>but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
>>free thinkers in america.
>
> He does not strike me as the type who would commit suicide.


Funny, that is usaully the first thing you hear when someone commits
suicide..."He didn't strike me as the type who would commit suicide"


Let the conspiracy wackos begin...........

Brent

What was
> he working on at the time of his death?
>
> Surely the Gannon scandal would have warmed the cockles of his heart
> even if he were feeling peckish.
>
>
> "Never in human history have such genocide and cruelty been witnessed.
> Such a genocide was never seen in the time of the pharaohs nor
> of Hitler nor of Mussolini."
> ~ Mehmet Elkatmi, head of Turkish parliament's human rights commission
> on Bush's genocide in the Iraq war. 2004-11-28
> --
> Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
> See http://mindprod.com/iraq.html photos of Bush's war crimes


z

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:24:42 AM2/21/05
to
"Savoy Faire" <Amo...@earthlink.net> wrote in
news:wJeSd.8375$u87...@bignews6.bellsouth.net:

> "z" <> and so passes a great american>
>
> He was a fucking drug addict who shot one of his girlfriends back in
> 1999 and then bought his way out of getting charged with Attempted
> Murder. He probably found out he had AIDS and did not want the
> information to come out.
>
>
>

He was a great american non the less

z

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 12:36:54 AM2/21/05
to

curious_moderate

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:01:58 AM2/21/05
to
I'll get my foil attenaes.

George Grapman

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:44:33 AM2/21/05
to
Remember the right wing lists of all the people who met unnatural
deaths while Clinton was in office? How about a similar Bush list? Keep
in mind that, like the Clinton list, no proof is needed. The fact that
they died or killed themselves is proof.

--
To reply via e-mail please delete 1 c from paccbell

Roedy Green

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:33:27 AM2/21/05
to
On 20 Feb 2005 21:13:02 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
<xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote or quoted :

>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide
>but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
>free thinkers in america.

He does not strike me as the type who would commit suicide. What was

<SmirkS>

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:41:27 AM2/21/05
to
Savoy Faire posted:

>
> He was a fucking drug addict who shot one of his girlfriends back in
> 1999 and then bought his way out of getting charged with Attempted
> Murder. He probably found out he had AIDS and did not want the
> information to come out.


bush? i thought he just got some girl pregnant and had daddy arrange an
abortion? i didn't know he killer her!

--
misinformation rules.

Savoy Faire

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 12:53:09 AM2/21/05
to
"z" <> and so passes a great american>

<SmirkS>

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:09:03 AM2/21/05
to
posted:

> a brave man who stood up to conformism and dictatorship has been
> murdered. the people remain cold and indifferent.
>

or, a wise man who knows we're all fucked has taken the easy road.


wouldn't be the first.

--
misinformation rules.

Roedy Green

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:27:04 AM2/21/05
to
On 20 Feb 2005 21:13:02 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
<xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote or quoted :

>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide


>but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
>free thinkers in america.

His last book came out in August


Hey Rube : Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of
Dumbness Modern History from the Sports Desk

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684873192/canadianmindprod

I guess Mikey double bolted the door tonight.

Roedy Green

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:42:58 AM2/21/05
to
On 20 Feb 2005 21:13:02 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
<xeto...@yahoo.com> wrote or quoted :

>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide


>but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
>free thinkers in america.

Thompson was familiar with the seamier side of life. I wonder if he
took any Gannon-Bush secrets with him to the grave.

Williams

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 8:29:37 AM2/21/05
to

<SmirkS> wrote:
> posted:
>
> > a brave man who stood up to conformism and dictatorship has been
> > murdered. the people remain cold and indifferent.
> >
>
> or, a wise man who knows we're all fucked has taken the easy road.
>
>
> wouldn't be the first.
>

some people don't care to live in nursing homes

Ryd

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 8:46:46 AM2/21/05
to
People don't commit suicide.
Guns effect suicide.

About 16,000 times a year. Every year.
Like clockwork.

Bush is pro-guns.
He killed Thompson just as surely as if he had pulled the trigger.

Kerry wouldn't have let Thompson do it.
Kerry had a plan.

Impeach Bush.
Now.
Before it's too late.

Who will be next to suck on a gun barrel because of Bush?

Ryd

The Real Diddy Pop

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 9:27:34 AM2/21/05
to
If you have any evidence of a murder, then post it, otherwise why don't
you try the gonzo headache remedy for yourself.

Jay Grymyr

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 9:32:17 AM2/21/05
to
If memory serves me correctly, Laura Bush murdered her boy friend
wrote:

>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide


>but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all

>free thinkers in america.

After Bush didn't get elected in 2000, we had four years of claims of
voter fraud, conspiracy theories by online goofballs, the ACLU taking
down Christmas decorations, professors saying the WTC deserved to be
destroyed, and Howard Dean for president.

Since Bush got elected for real in 2004, we've had 3-1/2 months of
claims of voter fraud, conspiracy theories by online goofballs, the
ACLU taking down Christmas decorations, professors saying the WTC
deserved to be destroyed, and Howard Dean for DNC chair.

You're a slow learner, LBMHBF. Time to move on, and do something
positive with your life.

Reaper "With liberals like you, who needs conservatives?" G
http://www.giantmonstermovies.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/reaper_g

tiki

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 10:10:29 AM2/21/05
to
LOL....dude, if the guy say's he's a 'free-thinker', then he isn't a
Democrat. After all, Democratic leaders do all the thinking for their
sheep. Ever notice they can't come up with one original thing? All they do
is parrot the crap preached to them by people like 'Quagmire' Keneddy!


"The Real Diddy Pop" <cj...@msn.com> wrote in message
news:1108996054....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

_______________________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

Message has been deleted

Roedy Green

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:48:15 AM2/21/05
to
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:38:03 GMT, "Seawolf" <Seaw...@sc.rr.com>
wrote or quoted :

>Funny, that is usaully the first thing you hear when someone commits
>suicide..."He didn't strike me as the type who would commit suicide"

I think of some of the people I know who committed suicide. It was no
great surprise.

One was a guy who was convinced he was a warlock.

Another was a guy I'm pretty sure was gay but was too afraid to admit
it.

One was a guy with terminal AIDS.

One was a woman with terminal pancreas cancer.

Message has been deleted

Bill Bonde

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 4:00:10 AM2/21/05
to

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>

> What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide
> but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
> free thinkers in america.
>

No risk for you, thank God they ain' a after flea drinkers.


--
"...each one of whom as he struck his enemy wounded horribly some other
innocent heart far away."

MFOgilvie

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 7:18:57 AM2/21/05
to

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Roedy Green

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:44:05 AM2/21/05
to
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:44:33 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote or quoted :

> Remember the right wing lists of all the people who met unnatural
>deaths while Clinton was in office? How about a similar Bush list?

I have a partial one which points to other lists.

See http://mindprod.com/asbestos.html

Message has been deleted

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:56:35 AM2/21/05
to
>>What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a
suicidebut who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid

of all free thinkers in america.>>

You do a LOT of drugs, don't you?

MonkeyHawk

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 3:09:34 AM2/21/05
to
"<SmirkS>" <m...@privacy.net> wrote

>> a brave man who stood up to conformism and dictatorship has been
>> murdered. the people remain cold and indifferent.
>
> or, a wise man who knows we're all fucked has taken the easy road.
>
> wouldn't be the first.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it were to be revealed that he'd
been diagnosed with a terminal disease. God knows his liver deserves to be
put in the Smithsonian as impervious to god knows how many and how much
poisonous concoctions.

Frankly, I'm not in the least afraid of death, it's pain that bothers me.
If my prognosis were 6 months of increasing pain, I'd probably opt for an
alternative; skydiving, perhaps. Or take the opportunity to try out too
much heroin. In HST's case, how much heroin could possibly be enough?

And he did love guns so.

I always enjoyed the stories about how he used to shoot downhill at John
Denver's dinner bell for target practice.

RedNeck Man

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 10:15:26 AM2/21/05
to
tiki ti...@hotmail.com wrote in message:
news:<4219f9e5$1...@news.uncensored-news.com>

> LOL....dude, if the guy say's he's a 'free-thinker', then he isn't a
> Democrat. After all, Democratic leaders do all the thinking for their
> sheep. Ever notice they can't come up with one original thing? All they do
> is parrot the crap preached to them by people like 'Quagmire' Keneddy!
>
The real Free Thinkers in America are the ones who listen to Rush and Bill
O'Reilly. Don't tell me no different.

Roedy Green

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 2:44:44 AM2/21/05
to
On 20 Feb 2005 21:41:29 -0800, "edi...@netpath.net"
<edi...@netpath.net> wrote or quoted :

> (Can you imagine a
>dissident filmmaker traipsing around Berlin in 1938 making a film
>bashing the Fuhrer and then having it shown all over the Third Reich?)

have you ever seen Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator?

Wm. B. Yeats

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 10:43:54 AM2/21/05
to

Sounds like your average member of the NRA - which he was.

WB Yeats

edi...@netpath.net

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 12:37:05 PM2/21/05
to
Ryd wrote:
>People don't commit suicide.
>Guns effect suicide.

Bullshit. Japan - which bans all guns - has DOUBLE the suicide rate
of the U.S. They just do it by hanging or poison. And they end up
every bit as dead.

See all our stuff at <a
href="http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW">Internet Gun Show!</a>

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:19:58 PM2/21/05
to

"edi...@netpath.net" wrote:
>
> Ryd wrote:
> >People don't commit suicide.
> >Guns effect suicide.
>
> Bullshit. Japan - which bans all guns - has DOUBLE the suicide rate
> of the U.S. They just do it by hanging or poison.
>

They like to stand in front of those bullet trains. I guess that's the
closest they can get to gun fire.


--
What I can't figure out is why no one seems to point out that while
private accounts won't solve the 2042 problem, perhaps they will push it
back a ways, they certainly will help solve the 2017 problem, when the
general fund has to start paying back its loans from Social Security
while the general fund is still, presumably, in massive deficit.

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:16:24 PM2/21/05
to

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>

> What is laughingly called "the law" in america says it was a suicide
> but who's dumb enough to believe that?. They're out to get rid of all
> free thinkers in america.
>

That makes you safe.

D. Wells

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:42:44 PM2/21/05
to

No he actually did get a girl pregnant but they ended up having twin
daughters.

It's Jesse Jackson that knocked up the chick. But she had the kid.

D. Wells

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:44:34 PM2/21/05
to
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:27 -0500, mericun <mer...@merika.us> wrote:

>Savoy Faire Amo...@earthlink.net wrote in message:
>news:<wJeSd.8375$u87...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>


>> He was a fucking drug addict who shot one of his girlfriends back in 1999
>> and then bought his way out of getting charged with Attempted Murder. He
>> probably found out he had AIDS and did not want the information to come out.
>>
>>
>>
>>

>He was shooting a bear on his property and she was injured. It was 2001.
>That was the finding of the investigation. Since it differs from your's,
>you must be a liar.

Yes but he was apparently best pals with the local Sherfiff.

He was a crazy-ass and any woman who wanted to be with him was taking
her life in her hands anyway.

D. Wells

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 1:51:22 PM2/21/05
to
On 21 Feb 2005 05:46:46 -0800, "Ryd" <ryd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>People don't commit suicide.
>Guns effect suicide.
>
>About 16,000 times a year. Every year.
>Like clockwork.

Shall we ban rope since it's often used in hanging suicides?


>
>Bush is pro-guns.
>He killed Thompson just as surely as if he had pulled the trigger.

WTF??? The guy just hatched a plan for shotgun golf! He had a
shooting gallery on his property.

>
>Kerry wouldn't have let Thompson do it.
>Kerry had a plan.

Kerry's a hunter and owns several guns himself.

>
>Impeach Bush.
>Now.
>Before it's too late.
>
>Who will be next to suck on a gun barrel because of Bush?

Well we were thinking maybe you could take the lead on that.
>
>Ryd

Xeton2001IsAM...@spamgourmet.com

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 6:06:20 PM2/21/05
to
You're right; who's dumb enough to believe that? Actually, he was
murdered by one of the Kennedy family hit-men, as he had uncovered
startling evidence that Mary Jo Kopechne was pregnant by Tubby Kennedy.

--

Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend (Xeto...@yahoo.com)'s words of
wisdom, love, and respect (spelling and grammatical errors left intact)

The Federal Reserve is not a branch of the govt; it's a group of
private banks and borrowing from them means the taxpayers have to pay
the interest to the banks. This has been going on for nearly a hundred
years and it's just stealing from the public and giving to the bankers.
JUST PRINT THE DAMN MONEY.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/f15b1f7d7ea0dfe2

I know what you mean, dood. I did 5 years in the can myself for beating
the crap out of a half-dozen faggot gun loonies i caught raping a
collie and I couldn't handle the food either. Goddam beets with every
meal. Ended up eating nothing but cans of tuna i bought at the commy.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&edition=us&selm=780ea958.0411242021.7b529c17%40posting.google.com

Hey dood. I've been a US senator since 98! You mean you didn't know
that???
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.usa.republican/msg/2f1dd067aa0af690

I never voted in my life, you lying whore. All elections are rigged.
The globalists rigged this one by paying kerry not to attack bush.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.usa.republican/msg/87a31e73cec1db38

GODDAMMIT - STOP SENDING MESSAGES TO MORE THAN FIVE GROUPS
Google won't allow more than five. It's not my job to delete excessive
group listings but i seem to spend half my life doing that. OBEY THE
RULES, YOU BUTTHOLES!!!!
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/c3d2661d3c6734ed

Tires don't blow out anymore.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/9a619fee7f463fc2

LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
LAURABUSH LAURABUSH LAURABUSH
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.driving/msg/b9727d351b4be64a

There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11
official story.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.usa.republican/msg/3650866dc7ecbadc

Bush is dictator and that means he has to take the blame for
everything.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.democrats.d/msg/a2d35f67fd7b6003

Has he killed as many people as Laura Bush?
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.flame.niggers/msg/c2ff1fca08982a38

You don't know what you're talking about, dood. AIDS is an american
bioweapon developed by americans so that blacks would be esp
susceptible to it.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.sport.baseball/msg/cd9d112311697712

She knows it won't matter. Blake is white so the media will insist on a
not guilty verdict.
:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.true-crime/msg/59c74805c56a5747

YOu stupid lying shithead. All bush has accomplished in AFG is to make
it the world's leading heroin supplier.
And BTW it wasn't a war. It was a massacre against a defenseless nation
that never did anything to us.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.bush/msg/29a86842abe0d9d6

She's just damn lucky the press is owned by the GOP and doesn't crucify
her for vehicular manslaughter like they've done to ted kennedy for 35
years.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.republicans/msg/cac630fd8aec9a63

You're crazy. There will be a draft. Bush is gonna stage another 9-11
type event and then say we have no choice but to go to war against
every muslim nation. And democrats will say nothing.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/msg/b4a8ea8427fdf968

I'm saying that bush obviously doesn't want to catch OBL. Not now that
the election is over, anyway.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.usa.republican/msg/46a00a246987524f

You're crazy, dood. Google is a super rw org and they censor liberals.
RW posters here get away with everything while libs have to be choir
boys.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.prophecies.nostradamus/msg/ca35950242741f13

That's why so many legal scholars think republicans should be banned
from juries. Anyone who'd vote for a man who lied us into war is too
dumb to sit on a jury.
:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.true-crime/msg/4dc8560247663014

Wouldn't have mattered if hitty had one. He took his orders from the
same organization that roosevelt did and bush does today.


:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.politics.usa.republican/msg/cd58ee450b438b19

You can't even lie any good. No where in the country are cops issued
crown victorias.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&edition=us&selm=780ea958.0410112125.4b572994%40posting.google.com

i'm sure jeffrey dahmer also objects to big daddy govt telling him he
can't kill people anymore.


:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl1665104637d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&edition=us&selm=780ea958.0410311919.5f4893f4%40posting.google.com

At first i thought the tars had been slashed but no, the tars were fine
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&edition=us&selm=780ea958.0410311926.d89b941%40posting.google.com

I hate cell phone drivers but at least this gal had the sense to drive
slowly while yakking.
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&edition=us&selm=780ea958.0411231910.47c6ceb7%40posting.google.com

The issue is the psychopath doing 60 mph OVER THE LIMIT!!!!!!!!. This
guy is a murderer and i want him locked up anyway they can do it. Three
cheers for the cops.

:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=780ea958.0411162236.1a4d23a5%40posting.google.com

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open stretch
could be 25, i thought. Turns out the cop was right. No complaints from
me then. I should have known the law.
: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.autos/msg/b140009050c624a9

Xeton2001IsAM...@spamgourmet.com

unread,
Feb 21, 2005, 8:54:27 PM2/21/05
to
Was it filmed in Germany?

Shel Scott

unread,
Feb 23, 2005, 3:59:12 PM2/23/05
to
It may be that Thompson was so despondent at the depravity shown by
the media, especially blatant partisanship and astounding gullibility,
that he couldn't take it any more.

Many quote his scathing assessment of Richard Nixon; less often heard
is his equally scathing assessment of Nixon's presidential opponent,
Hubert "I'm pleased as punch to be here" Humphrey.

His disturbing fascination with - and blatant abuse of - firearms is
but one of many indications that he wasn't one to be pigeonholed as
either "left" or "right". He was, well, "gonzo".

"Seawolf" <Seaw...@sc.rr.com> wrote:
>Let the conspiracy wackos begin...........
>
No coincidence at all, that the same diseased minds who assure us 9/11
was some kind of "inside job" now assure us that Thompson was "killed
by Bush". Talk about gonzo!
--
): "I may make you feel, but I can't make you think" :(
(: Off the monitor, through the modem, nothing but net :)

BlackWater

unread,
Feb 23, 2005, 5:20:59 PM2/23/05
to
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:59:12 -0800, Shel Scott <WellDone> wrote:

>It may be that Thompson was so despondent at the depravity shown by
>the media, especially blatant partisanship and astounding gullibility,
>that he couldn't take it any more.
>
>Many quote his scathing assessment of Richard Nixon; less often heard
>is his equally scathing assessment of Nixon's presidential opponent,
>Hubert "I'm pleased as punch to be here" Humphrey.
>
>His disturbing fascination with - and blatant abuse of - firearms is
>but one of many indications that he wasn't one to be pigeonholed as
>either "left" or "right". He was, well, "gonzo".

HST was certainly "unique". He came across as a borderline
psychopath, lecturing us on the fine points of morality.

Oh well, his best days were long behind him - nobody could
sustain such manic inspiration forever. According to his
friends and relatives he was in a large amount of pain
from an accident. No doubt the brain police prevented his
doctor from prescribing adequate medication. In any event
it appears that he decided of his own free will to check
out and skip on the bill. Gonzo to the end ...

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 23, 2005, 6:21:10 PM2/23/05
to

BlackWater wrote:
>
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:59:12 -0800, Shel Scott <WellDone> wrote:
>
> >It may be that Thompson was so despondent at the depravity shown by
> >the media, especially blatant partisanship and astounding gullibility,
> >that he couldn't take it any more.
> >
> >Many quote his scathing assessment of Richard Nixon; less often heard
> >is his equally scathing assessment of Nixon's presidential opponent,
> >Hubert "I'm pleased as punch to be here" Humphrey.
> >
> >His disturbing fascination with - and blatant abuse of - firearms is
> >but one of many indications that he wasn't one to be pigeonholed as
> >either "left" or "right". He was, well, "gonzo".
>
> HST was certainly "unique". He came across as a borderline
> psychopath, lecturing us on the fine points of morality.
>

How real his non-fiction was, who knows? Read his novel though. I think
that guy's liver needs to be in some museum. Won' be no problem picklin
it neither.


> Oh well, his best days were long behind him - nobody could
> sustain such manic inspiration forever. According to his
> friends and relatives he was in a large amount of pain
> from an accident. No doubt the brain police prevented his
> doctor from prescribing adequate medication.
>

I'm just sure he cared about getting a prescription.

--
Personal accounts are good because they lessen the liability against
future taxes of the retiree while sequestering the funds he's been
paying in so they cannot be used to mask current general fund deficits.

Message has been deleted

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 23, 2005, 8:22:56 PM2/23/05
to
>>>It may be that Thompson was so despondent at the depravity shown by
the media, especially blatant partisanship and astounding gullibility,
that he couldn't take it any more. >>>

Speaking of astounding gulliblity, do you actually believe that
nonsense?

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 24, 2005, 12:52:18 PM2/24/05
to

QUOTE AND ATTRIBUTE CORRECTLY!

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 24, 2005, 8:09:48 PM2/24/05
to
>>>> Speaking of astounding gulliblity, do you actually believe that
nonsense?>>>

>>>QUOTE AND ATTRIBUTE CORRECTLY! >>>>

Excuse me, but I'm using "Gonzo Journalism" as a tribute to Mr.
Thompson. "Gonzo Journalism" means that I can say whatever I feel
like, regardless of the truth.

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 12:39:38 AM2/25/05
to

Fine, but at least quote and attribute correctly when you are doing
that.

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 2:48:51 PM2/25/05
to
<<<> Excuse me, but I'm using "Gonzo Journalism" as a tribute to Mr.
Thompson. "Gonzo Journalism" means that I can say whatever I feel
like, regardless of the truth.>>>

>>>Fine, but at least quote and attribute correctly when you are doing
that.<<<

Why? Hunter taught that truth is whatever he felt like saying at the
moment. Why should I bother getting the details right?

If getting the details right is important - isn't that the ultimate
reputation of everything Thompson stood for?

Here's the truth: Liberals want the right to "tell small lies to tell
a greater truth" while demanding that conservatives back up every
single word they write. The left has long ago abandoned truth - all
they hunger for now is victory.

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 2:51:21 PM2/25/05
to
>>was a fucking drug addict who shot one of his girlfriends back in
> 1999 and then bought his way out of getting charged with Attempted
> Murder. He probably found out he had AIDS and did not want the
> information to come out.>>>


He was a great american non the less >>>

What, exactly, did Tompson do which made him "great"?

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 3:31:14 PM2/25/05
to

He wrote "The Rum Diary".

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 3:32:15 PM2/25/05
to

"bval...@aol.com" wrote:
>
> <<<> Excuse me, but I'm using "Gonzo Journalism" as a tribute to Mr.
> Thompson. "Gonzo Journalism" means that I can say whatever I feel
> like, regardless of the truth.>>>
>
> >>>Fine, but at least quote and attribute correctly when you are doing
> that.<<<
>
> Why? Hunter taught that truth is whatever he felt like saying at the
> moment. Why should I bother getting the details right?
>

Because I'm not him. Incorrect and non-standard quoting and attributing
greatly increases the time it takes to read a message.

> If getting the details right is important - isn't that the ultimate
> reputation of everything Thompson stood for?
>
> Here's the truth: Liberals want the right to "tell small lies to tell
> a greater truth" while demanding that conservatives back up every
> single word they write. The left has long ago abandoned truth - all
> they hunger for now is victory.
>

Actually, the last book that Hunter's wife was read by Hunter wasn't
"Victory" but "Heart of Darkness". No word yet on whether "The Nigger of
the Narcissus" was in there anywhere.

MonkeyHawk

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 4:14:56 PM2/25/05
to

<bval...@aol.com> wrote in

Every strong society needs a little boy in the crowd who'll notice that the
Emperor has no clothes.

HST merely noted that the Emperor also had a hard-on.


z

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 4:51:50 PM2/25/05
to
"bval...@aol.com" <bval...@aol.com> wrote in
news:1109361081.3...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

He wrote great books. Maybe you should read them sometime

Harvey

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 5:13:54 PM2/25/05
to

"Ryd" <ryd...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1108993606....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

> People don't commit suicide.
> Guns effect suicide.
>
> About 16,000 times a year. Every year.
> Like clockwork.
>
> Bush is pro-guns.
> He killed Thompson just as surely as if he had pulled the trigger.


Hmmm... been away for a while. It's nice to come back and see that
incredibly retarded logic is still popular. And backing up a
particularly inane LBMHBF conspiracy theory wackopost, too.

Isn't "Ryd" a lice treatment?


>
> Kerry wouldn't have let Thompson do it.
> Kerry had a plan.
>

> Impeach Bush.
> Now.
> Before it's too late.
>
> Who will be next to suck on a gun barrel because of Bush?
>

> Ryd
>


bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 6:47:40 PM2/25/05
to
>>>> He was a great american non the less >>>

>>>> What, exactly, did Tompson do which made him "great"?

>>>>He wrote "The Rum Diary".>>>

That's Thompson's high water mark? A book that hardly anyone alive has
heard of?

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 6:50:49 PM2/25/05
to
>>>> What, exactly, did Tompson do which made him "great"?

He wrote

great books. Maybe you should read them sometime>>>

I did. I read "Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas", where he talked about
how much drugs he took and how he fucked over anyone who got in his
way.

I also read "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail", where he talked
about how much drugs he took and how he fucked over anyone who got in
his way.

I also read "The Great Shark Hunt", where he talked about how much
drugs he took and how he fucked over anyone who got in his way.

At this point I noticed a certain sameness. I also noticed that his
fans were the biggest assholes I knew.

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 7:10:12 PM2/25/05
to
>>>> Why? Hunter taught that truth is whatever he felt like saying at
the
> moment. Why should I bother getting the details right?>>>

>>>Because I'm not him.>>>

No, you're defending him.

>>>>Incorrect and non-standard quoting and attributing greatly
increases the time it takes to read a message.>>>

EXACTLY. That promoting misinformation, and wasting everybody's time,
is Thompson's legacy. Why are you defending a man's work, when you
disagree with his basic assumption? Why should I such a defense
seriously?

>>>> Here's the truth: Liberals want the right to "tell small lies to
tell a greater truth" while demanding that conservatives back up every
single word they write. The left has long ago abandoned truth - all
they hunger for now is victory.>>>

>>>Actually, the last book that Hunter's wife was read by Hunter wasn't
"Victory">>>

I never said that she did, but then you're a supporter of Hunter S.
Thompson. Lying and hypocrisy does come easily to you, doesn't it?
You demand I get all the minor details right, while simply lying about
what I wrote.

>>> but "Heart of Darkness".>>>

She didn't read it. It was read to her. Gee, for a person who demands
that all the details be gotten right, you sure are sloppy.

Bill Bonde ( ''The chamber was in confusion, all the voices shouting loud'' )

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 9:14:43 PM2/25/05
to

He wrote it in the 50s but I think it was only first published in 1998.

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 25, 2005, 10:44:03 PM2/25/05
to
>>.> That's Thompson's high water mark? A book that hardly anyone
alive has heard of?>>>


>>>He wrote it in the 50s but I think it was only first published in
1998>>>

"The Run Diary" was a very good first novel. Not brilliant by any
stretch of the imagination, but it clearly showed talent. And I agree
that it's Hunter's best work.

This is not a compliment. Hunter showed real talent, and decided to
squander it on drugs and high living. His legacy is corruption -
corrupting his impressionable readers by telling them that drugs make
life better, and corrupting the entire field of journalism.

Bill Bonde

unread,
Feb 26, 2005, 12:59:26 AM2/26/05
to

"bval...@aol.com" wrote:
>
> >>>> Why? Hunter taught that truth is whatever he felt like saying at
> the
> > moment. Why should I bother getting the details right?>>>
>
> >>>Because I'm not him.>>>
>
> No, you're defending him.
>
> >>>>Incorrect and non-standard quoting and attributing greatly
> increases the time it takes to read a message.>>>
>
> EXACTLY. That promoting misinformation, and wasting everybody's time,
> is Thompson's legacy. Why are you defending a man's work, when you
> disagree with his basic assumption? Why should I such a defense
> seriously?
>

Where have I defended him? He just died a few days ago and I've been
willing to discuss him.

> >>>> Here's the truth: Liberals want the right to "tell small lies to
> tell a greater truth" while demanding that conservatives back up every
> single word they write. The left has long ago abandoned truth - all
> they hunger for now is victory.>>>
>
> >>>Actually, the last book that Hunter's wife was read by Hunter wasn't
> "Victory">>>
>
> I never said that she did, but then you're a supporter of Hunter S.
> Thompson. Lying and hypocrisy does come easily to you, doesn't it?
> You demand I get all the minor details right, while simply lying about
> what I wrote.
>

I was making a joke, geez.


> >>> but "Heart of Darkness".>>>
>
> She didn't read it. It was read to her. Gee, for a person who demands
> that all the details be gotten right, you sure are sloppy.
>

Doesn't what I said say that it was read to her by him?

--
"...each one of whom as he struck his enemy wounded horribly some other
innocent heart far away."

bval...@aol.com

unread,
Feb 26, 2005, 1:12:09 PM2/26/05
to
>>>Where have I defended him? He just died a few days ago and I've been
willing to discuss him. >>>

Fair enough

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages