Major Stefan Frederick Cook VOLUNTEERED to serve in Afghanistan

Major Debacle

Jul 15, 2009, 2:11:50 PM7/15/09
... then two months later requested status as a conscientious objector.

On May 8, 2009, Major Stefan Frederick Cook submitted a formal written
request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis volunteering to serve one
year on active duty with the US Army in Afghanistan.

Exactly two months later, on July 8, 2009, Major Cook filed suit seeking
a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector,
arguing that his orders to deploy to Afghanistan might be unlawful if
President Obama was not a natural-born citizen of the United States and
therefore ineligible to serve as President of the United States of
America and commander-in-chief of the US Armed Forces.

Major Stefan Frederick Cook is a Reserve Army officer and I cannot yet
determine from available information if he was called to active duty
prior to volunteering to serve one year in Afghanistan or if he
volunteered for active duty to serve in Afghanistan.

In any case the record is clear on one thing and that is that Major
Stefan Frederick Cook submitted paperwork volunteering to serve one year
in Afghanistan on May 8, 2009.

The question begging to be asked here is, did Major Stefan Frederick
Cook have concerns about President Obama's eligibility for office at the
time that he volunteered for duty in Afghanistan and had he already
thought through the implications of serving oversea in a combat zone
under a president who is ineligible for that office.

If Cook had the same reservations on May 8 that he expressed on July 8,
then one can easily arrrive at the assumption that he volunteered for
duty in Afghanistan for the express purpose of challenging the
legitimacy of Obama's presidency.

If he did not have the same reservations on May 8 that he expressed on
July 8, then it is easy to suspect that Major Cook is a fickle airhead
who doesn't seem to have a clue about what is going on around him or
that he suddenly got a case of cold feet at the prospect of actuall
serving in a war zone. After all, he not only requested a temporary
restraining order to prevent his deployment to Afghanistan, but also
requested status as a conscientious objector.

Applying for status of conscientious objector makes sense in a draft
military where citizens can be called up involuntarily for military
service. It makes little sense in an all-volunteer military, especially
for one who only two months earlier had volunteered to serve in a war zone.

Something fishy here...

Billzz

Jul 15, 2009, 2:49:33 PM7/15/09

"Major Debacle" <Major_Debacle@TAKE_ME_OUTyahoo.com> wrote in message

My experience of twenty-six years in the US Army, from private to colonel,
is that there is always an underlying reason, which is not sufficient
legally, so the applicant rationalizes the decision by invoking some obscure
law. Maybe he has a new girlfriend, or some other personal problem, which
is not sufficent rationale for his application. The object, like any good
illusionist, is to keep our focus on the one hand, while the other hand is
busy. There's no sense in talking about President Obama. An Article 32
Investigating Officer needs to look into the major's personal life.

Major Debacle

Jul 15, 2009, 3:16:20 PM7/15/09

I just came across an excellent website that has been tracking all the
legal proceedings in this case. It seems that on February 1, 2009, Major
Cook sent an email to Attorney Orly Taitz requesting to be included in a
class action lawsuit to request that Barack Obama show he meets the
Constitutional qualifications to be Commander in Chief.
http://nativeborncitizen.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/cook-v-good-interesting-timeline/

One of the latest revelations from this site is that "The Commanding
General of SOCCENT has determined that he does not want the services of
Major Cook, and has revoked his deployment orders."
http://nativeborncitizen.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/cook-v-good-motion-to-dismiss/

This is apparently the source of the news that Major Cook's deployment
has been canceled. This would seem to indicate that no punitive measures
will taken against the major for refusing deployment. He will not be set
up as a martyr and will be allowed to go on his trivial way, wherever
that may lead. He is being dismissed as unneeded, unnecessary and
useless. Good for him.

Bill Bonde { 'by a commodius vicus of recirculation' )

Jul 15, 2009, 3:27:32 PM7/15/09

Major Debacle wrote:

> This is apparently the source of the news that Major Cook's deployment
> has been canceled. This would seem to indicate that no punitive measures
> will taken against the major for refusing deployment. He will not be set
> up as a martyr and will be allowed to go on his trivial way, wherever
> that may lead. He is being dismissed as unneeded, unnecessary and
> useless. Good for him.

That takes away whatever standing he might have been able to
convince the court of, although even before that it was highly
unlikely. Expect conspiracy theories: "They shunted him out of
service so that they wouldn't have a case that would show that
Obama was born in an SR71 Blackbird flying between Kenya and
Moscow."

--
I heard Clinton buried a time capsule at his new presidential
library sized like an overseas shipping container filled with stuff

Mr. Fusspot

Jul 15, 2009, 6:22:42 PM7/15/09
Bill Bonde { 'by a commodius vicus of recirculation' ) wrote:

> Major Debacle wrote:
>

>> This is apparently the source of the news that Major Cook's deployment
>> has been canceled. This would seem to indicate that no punitive measures
>> will taken against the major for refusing deployment. He will not be set
>> up as a martyr and will be allowed to go on his trivial way, wherever
>> that may lead. He is being dismissed as unneeded, unnecessary and
>> useless. Good for him.
>>
> That takes away whatever standing he might have been able to
> convince the court of, although even before that it was highly
> unlikely. Expect conspiracy theories: "They shunted him out of
> service so that they wouldn't have a case that would show that
> Obama was born in an SR71 Blackbird flying between Kenya and
> Moscow."

Which was paid for by *taxpayer's* money!