When Everyone Is Armed Everyone Gets Shot

Bradley K. Sherman

May 16, 2023, 6:08:59 AM5/16/23

| After increasing steadily for several years, D.C., Maryland
| and Virginia are witnessing a substantial spike in the
| number of children being shot.
|
| Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that tracks instances of
| gun-related violence, has records of the number of children
| victimized by shootings since 2014, sortable by date, state
| and city.
|
| It shows that a total of 175 children under the age of 18
| were injured or killed by shootings in D.C., Maryland or
| Virginia.
|
| By 2022, that number had grown to 308. That is an increase
| of 76%.
|
| Through May 14, Gun Violence Archive reported 247 children
| injured or killed in shootings. Extrapolating that pace
| over the course of a full year would lead to 670 young
| shooting victims. That would more than double the number
| from the year prior, and be nearly four times as many as
| 2014.

<https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-number-children-shot-washington-dc-maryland-virginia-rising-quickly/65-e4376804-e032-469a-9960-478b484fe532>

--bks

Gronk

May 27, 2023, 2:09:57 AM5/27/23
https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/deadly-fight-as-motorcycle-club-meeting-turns-to-gunfire/281-547022616
April 30, 2018

Deadly fight as motorcycle club meeting turns to gunfire
Multiple people were killed or injured early Sunday morning

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/30/lodo-shooting-denver/

An early-morning shooting in Lower Downtown left one man dead and another
wounded after multiple shooters fired dozens of rounds during a parking
lot shootout.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/30/dramatic-surveillance-video-of-waco-biker-shootout-surfaces/

https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/us/texas-biker-shootout-new-details/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_inh3-Fos
Dash cam footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C806QhV3k70
Surveillance video of biker shootout in Waco

24D.234

May 27, 2023, 10:01:27 PM5/27/23
There IS one flaw in the Everybody Heavily Armed All
The Time theory. It depends on people acting in a
rational fashion. Well, sometimes they DON'T. They
get angry and everybody reaches for the most potent
weapon at hand.

Alas we're talking "averages" here - and I still think
an armed society IS - overall - a more polite society.
So, the Greater Good is served - with the unfortunate
side-effect of more stupid killings.

Note that a LARGE percentage of those stupid killings
revolve around GANGSTERS/THUGS ... protected classes
the cops refuse to deal with anymore. GET the cops
to deal with them again and there won't be nearly as
many stupid killings.

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2023, 3:23:27 AM5/28/23
24D.234 wrote:
>   There IS one flaw in the Everybody Heavily Armed All
>   The Time theory. It depends on people acting in a
>   rational fashion. Well, sometimes they DON'T. They
>   get angry and everybody reaches for the most potent
>   weapon at hand.

Since everyone is equal before the law, how do you write the law
to keep those who are not however you determine 'rational' from
being heavily armed when they're not?

>   Alas we're talking "averages" here - and I still think
>   an armed society IS - overall - a more polite society.
>   So, the Greater Good is served - with the unfortunate
>   side-effect of more stupid killings.

Our cities are lot less 'heavily armed' than you hicks. If by
'more polite' you mean not murderring each other, you're wrong.

>   Note that a LARGE percentage of those stupid killings
>   revolve around GANGSTERS/THUGS ... protected classes
>   the cops refuse to deal with anymore. GET the cops
>   to deal with them again and there won't be nearly as
>   many stupid killings.

Cite your evidence. And cite the law or case law that allows
'classes' to be protected from prosecution for murder.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Governor Swill

May 28, 2023, 5:43:34 AM5/28/23
On Sun, 28 May 2023 00:21:21 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>24D.234 wrote:
>>   There IS one flaw in the Everybody Heavily Armed All
>>   The Time theory. It depends on people acting in a
>>   rational fashion. Well, sometimes they DON'T. They
>>   get angry and everybody reaches for the most potent
>>   weapon at hand.
>
>Since everyone is equal before the law, how do you write the law
>to keep those who are not however you determine 'rational' from
>being heavily armed when they're not?
>
>>   Alas we're talking "averages" here - and I still think
>>   an armed society IS - overall - a more polite society.
>>   So, the Greater Good is served - with the unfortunate
>>   side-effect of more stupid killings.
>
>Our cities are lot less 'heavily armed' than you hicks. If by
>'more polite' you mean not murderring each other, you're wrong.
>
>>   Note that a LARGE percentage of those stupid killings
>>   revolve around GANGSTERS/THUGS ... protected classes
>>   the cops refuse to deal with anymore. GET the cops
>>   to deal with them again and there won't be nearly as
>>   many stupid killings.
>
>Cite your evidence. And cite the law or case law that allows
>'classes' to be protected from prosecution for murder.

I want him to cite where gangsters and thugs are protected classes.

Swill
--
Democrats make me feel ashamed of being American.
Republicans make me feel ashamed of being human.

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

pyotr filipivich

May 28, 2023, 11:12:37 AM5/28/23
Let the Record show that "24D.234" <24D...@tpq23b.net> on or about
Sat, 27 May 2023 22:00:12 -0400 did write, type or otherwise cause to
appear in talk.politics.guns the following:

> There IS one flaw in the Everybody Heavily Armed All
> The Time theory. It depends on people acting in a
> rational fashion. Well, sometimes they DON'T. They
> get angry and everybody reaches for the most potent
> weapon at hand.
>
> Alas we're talking "averages" here - and I still think
> an armed society IS - overall - a more polite society.
> So, the Greater Good is served - with the unfortunate
> side-effect of more stupid killings.
>
> Note that a LARGE percentage of those stupid killings
> revolve around GANGSTERS/THUGS

And those who have an "honor culture ", where the response to
insult is a duel. Or a feud. That's been an issue long before guns
were invented.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or

Tex

May 28, 2023, 11:48:11 PM5/28/23
Here in the south we say "nobody cares about shooting children because they
don't vote and they don't donate to our party"

We love the NRA donations too.

Gronk

Jun 3, 2023, 1:06:49 AM6/3/23
Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2023 13:27:10 +0000, Mitchell Holman <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> "24D.234" <24D...@tpq23b.net> wrote
>>> Alas we're talking "averages" here - and I still think
>>> an armed society IS - overall - a more polite society.
>>
>> Do you have any proof of that to
>> share with the rest of the class?
>
> No, of course not.
>
> The only "armed society" was the old, wild west and that was hardly polite or safe.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gun-control-old-west-180968013/

"The “Old West” conjures up all sorts of imagery, but
broadly, the term is used to evoke life among the crusty
prospectors, threadbare gold panners, madams of brothels,
and six-shooter-packing cowboys in small frontier towns –
such as Tombstone, Deadwood, Dodge City, or Abilene, to
name a few. One other thing these cities had in common:
strict gun control laws."