decline 2023 02

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:10:38 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/22734koq> scheerpost.com

.. America's Very Broken Healthcare System

The country spends significantly more on healthcare related costs than
comparable countries .. The significant healthcare spending costs in the
US do not translate to better health outcomes .. 1 in 10 US adults,
have significant debt from medical expenses .. 4 in 10 US adults, or
41%, reported having medical or dental debt .. Thousands of Americans
are forced to crowdfund for assistance with high medical bills and costs
.. The majority of crowdfunding campaigns for medical expenses fail ..

Americans pay higher prices for prescription drugs than any other country
.. These high costs often result in Americans filing for bankruptcy due
to the burden of medical debt .. 530,000 bankruptcies filed by individuals
every year are due, at least in part, to medical debt. As debt for
individuals continues to pile up, hospitals go out of their way to
collect .. At least two-thirds of hospitals sue patients over medical
bills .. A quarter of hospitals sell patients' debts to debt collectors ..

Medical costs are the largest contributor to personal debt in the US,
surpassing all other debt in collections combined .. Americans either
ration medication or delay medical treatment because of the high costs ..
25% of Americans reported they or a family member delayed treatment for a
serious medical condition due to the potential high cost .. Numerous news
reports in the US in recent years have exposed harrowing instances of
exorbitant medical bills, costs, and unethical business practices rampant
in the US healthcare industry .. 1 in 3 Americans ages 50 and older have
forgone food to be able to pay for healthcare ..

> <https://archive.is/tn6ZS>
>
> .. Greed and Chronic Pain Within US Health Care System ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:16:39 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2y9hlbrx> cnbcafrica.com

Why U.S. Real Estate Is So Flawed ..

Several aspects of today's mortgage market .. have all greatly
hindered Americans from owning their own property. Can the U.S.
do anything to fix the broken system .. ?

No it can not, and all these talks is just a fruitless noise.

> <https://tinyurl.com/st5epn9n>
>
> .. New York City is in a death spiral ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:20:49 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/ycrp5ygw> thenation.com

We reap what we sow. It seems so obvious, but in these endless years of
US war-making across the globe, this simple truth seems to have escaped
most Americans ..

.. The dangerous uptick in social violence of all sorts in this country,
including voluminous gun purchases, distrust and anger, racism,
xenophobia, misogyny, rising deaths from avoidable causes .. The violent
infrastructure of this nation is like a noxious vine with destructive
results for us all .. A built-in part of everyday life ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2ntvkrvl>
>
> Symptoms of a Sick State

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:25:54 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/22h5qx4w> wacotrib.com

America's dirty little secret is that thousands of people go to jail
without ever talking to a lawyer .. Our governments don't know what's
happening in our criminal courts .. Placing poor defendants in a
position where they must weigh their liberty interest against exercising
their constitutional right to counsel is a form of coercion that leaves
them with no meaningful choice at all .. A good chunk of people end up
pleading guilty having never talked to a lawyer ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/264xc6vr>
>
> The plunder of the American prison system

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:32:36 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2y8yfpme> chinadaily.com.cn

Police violence shows racism only getting worse

Protests that followed Floyd's death .. could not deter similar crimes
from taking place .. Racial discrimination is so deeply rooted in US
society that it is impossible to end it overnight .. The status of
colored people in the US remains below that of their white counterparts,
be it in economy, opportunities, development and everything ..

> <https://archive.is/V6hwz>
>
> American capitalism is not serving most Americans ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:35:48 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2d6chert> bleedingheartland.com

The U.S. economy is broken .. The Biden-Harris economic policies
represent the same, old, outdated, and weak policies, which have spurred
America's economic decline since the 1970s .. The primary economic
interest of big business .. is now the global marketplace and the global
economy .. The primary economic interest of the American people, however,
is the domestic marketplace .. Big business has been offshoring American
jobs since the 1970s ..

.. The abandonment of big capital from the domestic economy .. These new
economic conditions constitute an unprecedented, annual, underinvestment
crisis for the U.S. economy in the 21st century ..

Investors put their money where it can give a bigger return. So there is
no way to stop them from investing in foreign places. American domestic
economy may be competitive only if its populace work more and earn less.

> <https://archive.is/YOoIv>
>
> Your Living Standards Have Declined Dramatically

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 1, 2023, 6:40:47 AM2/1/23
<https://tinyurl.com/23hbnaqs> iwf.org

.. Pessimism Is Worsening In America ..

A new NBC News poll .. finds that nearly three out of four adults
believe the nation is headed in the wrong direction. Furthermore, two
out of three say their family's income is falling behind the cost of
living .. Rising household debt, rising costs, and rising numbers of
corporate layoffs are fueling pessimism .. President Biden
increasingly sounds out of touch with the everyday economic realities
of Americans ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2mjxa3s4>
>
> .. Utterly shameless liar-in-chief ..

26C.Z968

Feb 2, 2023, 12:44:31 AM2/2/23
On 2/1/23 6:40 AM, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> <https://tinyurl.com/23hbnaqs> iwf.org
>
> .. Pessimism Is Worsening In America ..

So what's new ?

Pessimism is rampant in Russia now too.

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 4:00:49 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/25mybotq> newsweek.com

.. America Lost Its Optimism

- Exclusive Newsweek poll finds significant proportion of U.S.
public feel their life is in a worse state today than it was in 2019.
- Americans also increasingly pessimistic about the future of the
United States .. A pervading sense of despair, not just for our own
futures, but that of the United States ..

Things aren't good, and it will be getting worse.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2bhcqbjm>
>
> .. Fleeing the United States

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 4:10:26 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/24v6qy4e> pewresearch.org

Economic views remain negative

Americans continue to express largely negative views of national economic
conditions .. Nearly eight-in-ten (78%) now view economic conditions in
the U.S. as either only fair (47%) or poor (32%) .. The public also remains
pessimistic about future economic conditions .. Three-quarters of Americans
say they are very concerned about the price of food and consumer goods ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 4:21:10 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/28hjzytq> theeconomiccollapseblog.com

The Cost Of Living Has Become Extremely Oppressive ..

Your money doesn't go as far as it once did. You see it every time that
you go shopping .. The cost of living has been rising much faster than
our incomes have, and this is systematically destroying the middle class
.. One brand new survey just discovered that 57 percent of Americans
cannot even afford to pay a $1,000 emergency expense .. Another survey
that was recently released found that "earnings are falling behind the
cost of living" for 72 percent of middle income families .. We haven't
experienced anything like this in the United States in decades. When I
walked into a Walmart store the other day, I was shocked by how high the
prices are now .. U.S. consumers are being stretched financially like
never before ..

> <https://archive.is/mhUr3>
>
> Our rent increases every year and our incomes do not ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 4:30:51 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2cmuk7ed> kgun9.com

The high price of eggs is driving some desperate measures - like trying
to illegally sneak eggs across the border .. Customs and Border Protection
says in the Nogales sector, between October and nearly the end of January,
inspectors had 913 cases of people trying to illegally bring in eggs ..
CBP says people do try to hide eggs, maybe under a car seat ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/28vm39ol>
>
> Shortages, past and present ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 4:40:48 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2xtghc39> iheart.com

.. the TRUTH about how BAD our economy REALLY is ..

The U.S. economy is struggling, and signs show the strength of the U.S.
dollar is only getting worse .. But you won't hear this anywhere in the
mainstream media .. the FACTS about how dire our economic and monetary
situations truly are: 'No one is telling you the truth. No one will tell
you how bad things are.' ..

> <https://archive.is/APCjB>
>
> .. The southern border .. it's worse than you think ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 4:50:49 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2dcbyqz5> mises.org

.. The End of the Petrodollar Spells Trouble for the US Regime

As the dollar declines, the US regime will no longer be able to monetize
debt and heap up immense new deficits without fear of high price inflation
or falling Treasury prices. The end of the petrodollar is not a reason to
panic right now, but it is the latest sign that the US regime's power via
the dollar is being reined in ..

> <https://archive.is/s0kie>
>
> Biden's Saudi Arabia Visit Was Worse Than an Embarrassment

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 5:00:55 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2cedxkl6> wilsonquarterly.com

The US economy runs on electricity .. But the US electric grid is in
trouble .. The grid is also old and aging .. As a result, power outages
are on the rise. In 2022, an analysis by the Associated Press concluded
that outages have jumped to more than 100 times a year in the last five
years - double the approximately 50 times a year in the early 2000s ..

All these power outages and reductions come at a significant cost to
lives and livelihoods. One report estimated that between 2006 and 2019,
the yearly outage-related costs for customers amounted to $55 billion ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2kfj8l6l>
>
> .. Power Outages Are Getting Worse In The U.S.

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 5:10:47 PM2/2/23
<https://archive.is/H43Z7> moderndiplomacy.eu

Amid an unrelenting surge of gun massacres, many have wondered why the
United States .. is more prone to mass shootings than any other
country ..

In America, ever-increasing personal and economic struggles combined
with the inherent state structural tension and identity crisis
continue to produce aggrieved social outcasts. On top of this, the
ever-exacerbating political climate plagued by partisan divide, racial
toxicity, and xenophobic bigotry has also been influencing socially
and politically aggrieved outcasts .. Here, rugged individualism works
in creating the very roots of virile fantasy to violence ..

Personal and economic struggles in America shall increase steadily.

> <https://tinyurl.com/ycrp5ygw>
>
> We reap what we sow

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 5:15:46 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/23jwfc8t> house.gov

.. Waste, Fraud, and Abuse in Pandemic Programs

After spending trillions of dollars under the name of COVID with no
guardrails or protections, billions of taxpayer dollars were lost to
waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement .. The American people have
suffered from the lack of oversight and accountability. Crises have
continued and worsened ..

American crises shall be continued and worsened.

> <https://archive.is/srArv>
>
> Fraud, Lies, Psyops, Cheating ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 5:20:44 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2ard79wk> reformaustin.org

A long-awaited report on maternal deaths in Texas .. the situation is
very bad .. America already has the worst maternal death rate of any
wealthy nation, and Texas is the eighth worst state in the nation ..

It is really heartbreaking to see ..

> <https://archive.is/t4cN4>
>
> .. In the past two decades maternal mortality rates have doubled ..

Oleg Smirnov

Feb 2, 2023, 5:25:45 PM2/2/23
<https://tinyurl.com/2yuvga2s> stanfordreview.org

Anti-Tobacco Campaigns Feminized America

Here is a society that has launched a war on nicotine, but is willing to
fill the vacuum with other substances that are just as questionable ..
This transition feminized America, this country now embraces risk
aversion and passivity .. Attacking tobacco and nicotine while ignoring
- or promoting - marijuana is a sign of our societal progression toward
sloth. When students casually ask each other "do you smoke?" they very
rarely mean any kind of tobacco. Instead, they refer to the skunky-
smelling and tranquilizing cannabis, a drug that's all but taken the
place of tobacco. We've gone from wanting to smoke a high-energy plant
to one that takes energy and motivation away .. It symbolizes our switch
from a masculine culture of doing to a feminine one of docility ..