When Everyone Is Armed, Everyone Gets Shot

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 14, 2024, 7:13:58 PMFeb 14
>> | Several people injured in shooting near Kansas City Chiefs'
>> | Super Bowl victory rally

> | 9 children being treated for gunshot wounds after Chiefs
> | rally in Kansas City: hospital

| More than 20 people have gunshot wounds, Police Chief
| Stacey Graves said. The gunshot victim total stands at 22,
| but police say the total number of victims is not yet clear.
|
| One death has been confirmed.
|
| Eight victims had immediately life-threatening injuries,
| Fire Chief Ross Grundyson said.
| There were 600 Kansas City, Missouri, police officers at
| the Chiefs celebratory parade and 250 officers from outside
| agencies, Mayor Quinton Lucas said.

<https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/kansas-city-parade-shooting-live-updates-rcna138881>
(n.b. volatile URL)

--bks

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 10:21:11 AMFeb 15
Everyone was not armed.

You really just spit and think it is a blessed rain.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 12:00:50 PMFeb 15
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>> | More than 20 people have gunshot wounds, Police Chief
>> | Stacey Graves said. The gunshot victim total stands at 22,
>> | but police say the total number of victims is not yet clear.
>> |
>> | One death has been confirmed.
>> |
>> | Eight victims had immediately life-threatening injuries,
>> | Fire Chief Ross Grundyson said.
>> | There were 600 Kansas City, Missouri, police officers at
>> | the Chiefs celebratory parade and 250 officers from outside
>> | agencies, Mayor Quinton Lucas said.

>Everyone was not armed.

The 850 cops were.

--bks

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 12:10:04 PMFeb 15
See Subject line:

| Wednesday's mass shooting that left at least one dead and
| 30 injured in Kansas City, Missouri, after the Chiefs Super
| Bowl celebration is believed to have been the result of a
| personal dispute in the area, rather than an attack on the
| celebration itself, according to several law enforcement
| officials.
<https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-shooting-02-15-24/index.html>
(n.b. volatile URL)

--bks

Moose

Feb 15, 2024, 12:14:54 PMFeb 15

>> | 9 children being treated for gunshot wounds after Chiefs
>> | rally in Kansas City: hospital
>

> | More than 20 people have gunshot wounds, Police Chief
> | Stacey Graves said. The gunshot victim total stands at 22,
> | but police say the total number of victims is not yet clear.
> |
> | One death has been confirmed.
> |
> | Eight victims had immediately life-threatening injuries,
> | Fire Chief Ross Grundyson said.
> | There were 600 Kansas City, Missouri, police officers at
> | the Chiefs celebratory parade and 250 officers from outside
> | agencies, Mayor Quinton Lucas said.
> |
><https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/kansas-city-parade-shootin
>g-live-updates-rcna138881> (n.b. volatile URL)
>
> --bks

But the gun lobby ideology says if everybody at the Kansas City superbowl
party had a firearm (preferably a semi automatic military style rifle), the
resulting shoot out would have saved the life of the victim and nobody would
have been injured. Nothing beats a massive shootout with hundreds
participating to keep the peace. That's just reality.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 3:27:36 PMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:14:50 -0000 (UTC), Moose wrote:

> But the gun lobby ideology says if everybody at the Kansas City
> superbowl party had a firearm (preferably a semi automatic military
> style rifle), the resulting shoot out would have saved the life of the
> victim and nobody would have been injured.

Also, remember the Las Vegas shooter, up on his 32nd-floor hotel room,
free to take shots at people down in the street, with the laws of physics
on his side, preventing those down below from returning fire. Clearly,
science itself is part of the Liberal Conspiracy!

I even remember a report that some macho pro-gun type, fond of posting
vids on his YouTube channel showing him posing with guns and talking big
about taking on anybody who might threaten him, being at the scene. You
think maybe he walked the walk after talking his talk, and took suitable
action?

No, he ran away.

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 3:48:15 PMFeb 15
You guys need a room. The "gun lobby" does not want to do anything for
or to you guys ... just get together and have fun.

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 3:50:57 PMFeb 15
Was that everyone? Were you there? Could you consider blaming the
shooter ... or is that too hard for you?

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 3:54:49 PMFeb 15
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Everyone was not armed.
>> The 850 cops were.
>
>Was that everyone?

Who can tell, and what difference does it make? What
we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.

--bks

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 3:57:12 PMFeb 15
I blame the shooter ... do you know who it is?

Siri Cruise

Feb 15, 2024, 4:03:42 PMFeb 15
We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally have
enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 4:06:04 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 3:03 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> da pickle wrote:

>> Was that everyone?  Were you there?  Could you consider blaming the
>> shooter ... or is that too hard for you?
>
> We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally have
> enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?

Don't blame the shooter ... blame the gun ... you are a perfect example.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 4:06:24 PMFeb 15
>I blame the shooter ... do you know who it is?

Yow! Why the f.ck would I know who the shooter is? And if
I did, so what?

--bks

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 4:07:27 PMFeb 15
"No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.

[Who was that anyway?]

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 4:12:31 PMFeb 15
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/15/2024 2:54 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Was that everyone?
>>
>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make? What
>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>"No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.

Where did I "blame the gun"? You seem to be confused. Please
don't make shit up. It will keep you out of the USENET big leagues.

--bks

Siri Cruise

Feb 15, 2024, 4:22:04 PMFeb 15
How am I blaming guns by pointing out we don't yet have enough
good guys with guns, and then asking how many more guns do we need?

Siri Cruise

Feb 15, 2024, 4:23:20 PMFeb 15
When will we have enough guns to prevent shooters?

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 4:45:00 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 3:23 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> da pickle wrote:

>>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make?  What
>>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>>>
>>>      --bks
>>
>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>>
>> [Who was that anyway?]
>>

> When will we have enough guns to prevent shooters?

Never ... just stop all the murderers from murdering ... guns or no guns.

Really, there were murderers before there were guns ... read some history.

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 4:49:18 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 3:21 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> da pickle wrote:

>>> We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally have
>>> enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?
>>
>> Don't blame the shooter ... blame the gun ... you are a perfect example.
>>

> How am I blaming guns by pointing out we don't yet have enough good guys
> with guns, and then asking how many more guns do we need?

More good guys with guns will not stop anyone who wants to kill someone
... even if they do not have a gun at all. It happens a lot.

People are the problem ... not the guns or the lack of guns.

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 4:53:38 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 3:12 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make? What
>>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>
> Where did I "blame the gun"? You seem to be confused. Please
> don't make shit up. It will keep you out of the USENET big leagues.
>
> --bks

You did not blame the shooter ...

kevin thorpe

Feb 15, 2024, 4:54:57 PMFeb 15
On 15 Feb 2024, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> posted some
Moose <bigtrump...@protonmail.com> and Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<l...@nz.invalid> are "related".

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 4:57:15 PMFeb 15
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/15/2024 3:12 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>>
>> Where did I "blame the gun"? You seem to be confused. Please
>> don't make shit up. It will keep you out of the USENET big leagues.
>
>You did not blame the shooter ...

Yow! Peak bullshit, pal. The list of things I did *not* do is
nearly infinite. I'm surprised I have to explain that to you.

--bks

Twas ever thus.

Siri Cruise

Feb 15, 2024, 5:17:24 PMFeb 15
da pickle wrote:

>> When will we have enough guns to prevent shooters?
>
> Never ... just stop all the murderers from murdering ... guns or
> no guns.

You're accusing NRA of lying, traitor.

> Really, there were murderers before there were guns ... read some
> history.

As prolific?

pothead

Feb 15, 2024, 5:28:24 PMFeb 15
How well did prohibition work out?
The bad guys will always manage to obtain guns and if they can't they will resort to other weaponry.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 6:10:25 PMFeb 15
No need ... everyone knows that you do not do much of anything.

[You do dodge and run a lot, but even that is a known.]

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 6:12:39 PMFeb 15
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/15/2024 3:57 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> You did not blame the shooter ...
>>
>> Yow! Peak bullshit, pal. The list of things I did *not* do is
>> nearly infinite. I'm surprised I have to explain that to you.
>No need ... everyone knows that you do not do much of anything.
>
>[You do dodge and run a lot, but even that is a known.]

I'm right here, Bozo. Please stop making shit up. Unlike
you I stand behind what I write.

--bks

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 6:13:22 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 4:17 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> da pickle wrote:
>>>
>>> When will we have enough guns to prevent shooters?
>>
>> Never ... just stop all the murderers from murdering ... guns or no guns.
>
> You're accusing NRA of lying, traitor.

You know nothing about much of anything ... that you know nothing about
the NRA is not surprising.

>> Really, there were murderers before there were guns ... read some
>> history.
>
> As prolific?

Read a little and learn a lot. [You will not, of course ... you only
spout ... no thinking necessary.]

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 6:20:27 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 5:12 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yow! Peak bullshit, pal. The list of things I did *not* do is
>>> nearly infinite. I'm surprised I have to explain that to you.
>> No need ... everyone knows that you do not do much of anything.
>>
>> [You do dodge and run a lot, but even that is a known.]
>
> I'm right here, Bozo. Please stop making shit up. Unlike
> you I stand behind what I write.
>
> --bks

So, you were thinking about blaming the shooter but thought better of
it. What you did not do is indeed broad ... sorry that what you do do
is just dodo. Narrow and useless.

da pickle

Feb 15, 2024, 6:21:26 PMFeb 15
The truth does not work in these newsgroups.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 15, 2024, 6:28:18 PMFeb 15
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/15/2024 5:12 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> No need ... everyone knows that you do not do much of anything.
>>>
>>> [You do dodge and run a lot, but even that is a known.]
>>
>> I'm right here, Bozo. Please stop making shit up. Unlike
>> you I stand behind what I write.
>
>So, you were thinking about blaming the shooter but thought better of
>it.

Yow! WTF are you talking about? *Quote me* instead of making shit up.
Your dishonesty is stinking up the joint.

--bks

Siri Cruise

Feb 15, 2024, 7:50:58 PMFeb 15
I pity the poor guns. They are denied their expansive role in
ending crime. We don't have enough guns. We need to make AR15s
light enough to arm preschoolers.

Ubiquitous

Feb 15, 2024, 9:15:15 PMFeb 15
Easy availability of guns makes the murder problem far worse.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 16, 2024, 6:22:46 AMFeb 16
| Missouri has some of the least restrictive gun ownership
| laws in the country, and acquiring a handgun or rifle is
| not a difficult task. No permit is necessary for those 19
| and older to carry a concealed handgun.
| "They were running away from each other," said Mr. King,
| 41, "but they were still firing weapons behind their backs,
| just not really aiming."
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/us/kansas-city-shooting-gun-violence.html>

--bks

da pickle

Feb 16, 2024, 2:25:56 PMFeb 16
If there was "anything" about you blaming the shooter to "quote", you
would just "quote" it back ... but since you have not blamed the shooter
... the only "quote" that seems accurate is:

"You did not blame the shooter ..." as seen above.

Ubiquitous

Feb 16, 2024, 2:47:44 PMFeb 16
Stop using all the quotation marks. They're bullshit. They're wrong.

> "You did not blame the shooter ..."   as seen above.

If the shooter had not had easy access to a gun, he wouldn't have been a
shooter. Would he have tried to mow 21 people down with a car? Possibly, but far
less likely. Or should I perhaps write it "far" "less" "likely"? You stupid fat
fuck.

Easy access to guns enables bad and/or unstable people to try to kill people.
Guns lower the cost (price) of trying to kill people. When someone wants to do
something, and the price of doing it is low, he is more likely to do it.

da pickle

Feb 16, 2024, 2:49:45 PMFeb 16
Have you investigated your "conclusion"? Have you bought a gun?

Are you aware of gun registration? Are you aware that people who shoot
other people without justification are committing a crime?

Has your home ever been "invaded" by a burglar?

The murder problem ... how do handle it in your home area?

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 16, 2024, 2:52:02 PMFeb 16
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>If there was "anything" about you blaming the shooter to "quote", you
>would just "quote" it back ... but since you have not blamed the shooter
>... the only "quote" that seems accurate is:
>
>"You did not blame the shooter ..." as seen above.

More evidence that becoming a Trumpling is tantamount
to getting a lobotomy.

--bks

da pickle

Feb 16, 2024, 2:57:12 PMFeb 16
You too blame the gun ... why is that?

Who was the killer in this discussion?

Do you know anything about the human being that killed innocent others?

He was not just someone ... he was a murderer.

da pickle

Feb 16, 2024, 2:59:15 PMFeb 16
Did you blame the shooter?

Did you forget or have you had a lobotomy?

Maybe you did not blame the shooter ... hummmm

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 16, 2024, 3:00:42 PMFeb 16
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/16/2024 1:51 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> If there was "anything" about you blaming the shooter to "quote", you
>>> would just "quote" it back ... but since you have not blamed the shooter
>>> ... the only "quote" that seems accurate is:
>>>
>>> "You did not blame the shooter ..." as seen above.
>>
>> More evidence that becoming a Trumpling is tantamount
>> to getting a lobotomy.
>
>Did you blame the shooter?

Are you still beating your wife?

--bks

Ubiquitous

Feb 16, 2024, 3:01:53 PMFeb 16
You're a liar. I blame the too-easy access to guns.

No guns = no gun deaths. That's a fact.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 2:25:27 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 14:56:56 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/15/2024 2:54 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Was that everyone?
>>
>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make? What
>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>>
>> --bks
>
>I blame the shooter ... do you know who it is?

There wasn't just one. There were several. Apparently the mushrooms sent them back in
time and they hallucinated they were at the Ok Corral. Thus the public gunfight.

Too bad those kids weren't armed. Then they could have shot back and killed some
grownups. "I just killed a grownup!" "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!"

Swill
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 2:26:05 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:07:10 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/15/2024 2:54 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Was that everyone?
>>
>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make? What
>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>>
>> --bks
>
>"No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.

I don't blame the gun or the shooter. I blame the lax gun laws.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 2:28:28 PMFeb 17
Wow! You must be psychoti . . . er, psychic!

:)

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:02:25 PMFeb 17
It's just that it's so difficult to kill a school bus full of kids with a baseball bat and
a machete. Guns are MUCH faster!

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:03:09 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:23:14 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>da pickle wrote:

>>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make?  What
>>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>>>
>>>      --bks
>>
>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>>
>> [Who was that anyway?]
>>

>When will we have enough guns to prevent shooters?

When baseball bats are open carry.

Ubiquitous

Feb 17, 2024, 3:05:01 PMFeb 17
And the lying Nazi runs away...

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:05:20 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:44:43 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/15/2024 3:23 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:

>> When will we have enough guns to prevent shooters?
>
>Never ... just stop all the murderers from murdering

How do you do that?

>... guns or no guns.
>
>Really, there were murderers before there were guns ... read some history.

But they weren't killing entire classrooms in minutes.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:08:57 PMFeb 17
Did anybody ever pick off dozens of partiers on the ground from a hotel window with a
sword?

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:14:26 PMFeb 17
It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:15:19 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:50:53 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>pothead wrote:

>>> Never ... just stop all the murderers from murdering ... guns or no guns.
>>>
>>> Really, there were murderers before there were guns ... read some history.
>>
>> How well did prohibition work out?
>> The bad guys will always manage to obtain guns and if they can't they will resort to other weaponry.
>>

>I pity the poor guns. They are denied their expansive role in
>ending crime. We don't have enough guns. We need to make AR15s
>light enough to arm preschoolers.

We could call them Jr.-15s

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:17:17 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:03:31 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>da pickle wrote:

>>> The 850 cops were.
>>>
>>>      --bks
>>
>> Was that everyone?  Were you there?  Could you consider blaming
>> the shooter ... or is that too hard for you?
>
>We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally have
>enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?

If 'a good guy with a gun' happened more often than every several hundred murders, it
might make a difference.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:18:04 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:05:47 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/15/2024 3:03 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
>> da pickle wrote:
>
>>> Was that everyone?  Were you there?  Could you consider blaming the
>>> shooter ... or is that too hard for you?
>>
>> We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally have
>> enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?
>
>Don't blame the shooter ... blame the gun ... you are a perfect example.

I don't blame either. I blame the law.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:18:50 PMFeb 17
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:21:46 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>da pickle wrote:

>>> We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally
>>> have enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?
>>
>> Don't blame the shooter ... blame the gun ... you are a perfect
>> example.
>>

>How am I blaming guns by pointing out we don't yet have enough
>good guys with guns, and then asking how many more guns do we need?

Because he understands what you really mean.

nickname unavailable

Feb 17, 2024, 3:20:21 PMFeb 17
On 2/15/2024 4:50 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> pothead wrote:

>>> Never ... just stop all the murderers from murdering ... guns or no guns.
>>>
>>> Really, there were murderers before there were guns ... read some history.
>>
>> How well did prohibition work out?
>> The bad guys will always manage to obtain guns and if they can't they will
>> resort to other weaponry.
>>

> I pity the poor guns. They are denied their expansive role in ending crime. We
> don't have enough guns. We need to make AR15s light enough to arm preschoolers.

And fetuses. Hartung says fetuses have a right to bear arms.

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 3:29:40 PMFeb 17
This is the nightmare, wild west scenario of too many people carrying guns in public.

"A couple who was at the rally said they witnessed the terrifying scene: As they prepared
to leave the rally, an altercation broke out near them, and two men began firing at each
other, said Kourtney and Jesse King, who live in Independence, Mo., and attended the
parade with their children.

“They were running away from each other,” said Mr. King, 41, “but they were still firing
weapons behind their backs, just not really aiming.”"

Siri Cruise

Feb 17, 2024, 3:38:22 PMFeb 17
nickname unavailable wrote:

>> I pity the poor guns. They are denied their expansive role in
>> ending crime. We don't have enough guns. We need to make AR15s
>> light enough to arm preschoolers.
>
> And fetuses. Hartung says fetuses have a right to bear arms.

Arms? They barely have stubs. The AR15-mini-Jrs will have to be
held in their tails.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Governor Swill

Feb 17, 2024, 4:24:13 PMFeb 17
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 13:49:27 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/15/2024 8:15 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> More good guys with guns will not stop anyone who wants to kill
>>> someone ... even if they do not have a gun at all.  It happens a lot.
>>>
>>> People are the problem ... not the guns or the lack of guns.
>>
>> Easy availability of guns makes the murder problem far worse.
>
>Have you investigated your "conclusion"? Have you bought a gun?
>
>Are you aware of gun registration?

Is there any such thing as gun registration? Afaik, the gun lobby has fought registration
bitterly and ended it in at least some jurisdictions.

>Are you aware that people who shoot
>other people without justification are committing a crime?

Speeding is illegal too.

>Has your home ever been "invaded" by a burglar?

No.

>The murder problem ... how do handle it in your home area?

After the murder, if they catch who did it, they try and if convicted, sentence.

This is the nightmare, wild west scenario of too many people carrying guns in public.

"A couple who was at the rally said they witnessed the terrifying scene: As they prepared
to leave the rally, an altercation broke out near them, and two men began firing at each
other, said Kourtney and Jesse King, who live in Independence, Mo., and attended the
parade with their children.

“They were running away from each other,” said Mr. King, 41, “but they were still firing
weapons behind their backs, just not really aiming.”"
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/us/kansas-city-shooting-gun-violence.html

oldernow

Feb 17, 2024, 5:59:34 PMFeb 17
On 2024-02-17, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>The truth does not work in these newsgroups.
>
> It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.

It doesn't work because both consist of people, i.e. ego, i.e. the
root lie of all lies.

--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 8:54:59 AMFeb 18
So, even the police and the military will have no guns.

And you still have not blamed the shooter for the latest tragedy.

Knives are used a lot too ... no need for those either ... except in
your house, of course.

[Sorry ... "sharp" knives ... ]

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 8:59:18 AMFeb 18
On 2/16/2024 2:00 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> More evidence that becoming a Trumpling is tantamount
>>> to getting a lobotomy.
>>
>> Did you blame the shooter?
>
> Are you still beating your wife?
>
> --bks

I do not beat my wife and you have not blamed the shooter.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 18, 2024, 9:03:57 AMFeb 18
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/16/2024 2:00 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Did you blame the shooter?
>>
>> Are you still beating your wife?
>
>I do not beat my wife and you have not blamed the shooter.

Which shooter?

--bks

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 9:04:42 AMFeb 18
On 2/17/2024 2:08 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:13:01 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You're accusing NRA of lying, traitor.
>>
>> You know nothing about much of anything ... that you know nothing about
>> the NRA is not surprising.

>>> As prolific?
>>
>> Read a little and learn a lot. [You will not, of course ... you only
>> spout ... no thinking necessary.]
>>

> Did anybody ever pick off dozens of partiers on the ground from a hotel window with a
> sword?

No ...

Do you own a gun?

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 9:45:22 AMFeb 18
Pick any one you want to not blame, Brad.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 9:46:35 AMFeb 18
On 2/17/2024 2:14 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:21:09 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> How well did prohibition work out?
>>> The bad guys will always manage to obtain guns and if they can't they will resort to other weaponry.
>>
>> The truth does not work in these newsgroups.
>>

> It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.
>
> Swill

"You can't handle the truth!" Movie?

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 9:50:50 AMFeb 18
On 2/17/2024 1:26 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:07:10 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Who can tell, and what difference does it make? What
>>> we do know is that Missouri has the most lax gun laws
>>> in the USA and there were 850 cops with guns on hand
>>> and still a busload of children got shot for no reason.
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>
> I don't blame the gun or the shooter. I blame the lax gun laws.
>
> Swill

There it is ... you do NOT blame the shooter. If a shooter does not
have a gun and kills with a hammer ... then you can blame him (almost
always a him).

State you gun laws that will prevent anyone from becoming a criminal
killer of another human being.

Come on out of the closet and state your law.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 18, 2024, 9:54:14 AMFeb 18
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/18/2024 8:03 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> I do not beat my wife and you have not blamed the shooter.
>>
>> Which shooter?
>
>Pick any one you want to not blame, Brad.

Okay, what do you want me to blame him or her for, exactly?

--bks

Guns don't kill people, Super Bowl parades kill people.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 9:54:37 AMFeb 18
On 2/17/2024 2:17 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:05:47 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> We got more guns than people. How many more before we finally have
>>> enough good people with guns to prevent any more gun violence?
>>
>> Don't blame the shooter ... blame the gun ... you are a perfect example.
>>

> I don't blame either. I blame the law.
>
> Swill

State your law ... clearly and completely and then a discussion might be
reasonable.

Do you own a gun? Have you ever fired a gun?

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 10:36:38 AMFeb 18
Off in space again, Brad ... the shooter(s) killed people ... the
shooters are responsive. They should be punished. You might consider a
nap.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 10:40:57 AMFeb 18
On 2/17/2024 1:28 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:20:10 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm right here, Bozo. Please stop making shit up. Unlike
>>> you I stand behind what I write.
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> So, you were thinking about blaming the shooter but thought better of
>> it. What you did not do is indeed broad ... sorry that what you do do
>> is just dodo. Narrow and useless.
>
> Wow! You must be psychoti . . . er, psychic!
>
> :)
>
> Swill

Perhaps ... any who breaks the law should be punished according to the
law.

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 18, 2024, 10:42:54 AMFeb 18
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>Off in space again, Brad ... the shooter(s) killed people ... the
>shooters are responsive.

Responsive to what, exactly? You seem very confused.

--bks

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 10:43:22 AMFeb 18
On 2/17/2024 2:08 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:13:01 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You're accusing NRA of lying, traitor.
>>
>> You know nothing about much of anything ... that you know nothing about
>> the NRA is not surprising.

>>> As prolific?
>>
>> Read a little and learn a lot. [You will not, of course ... you only
>> spout ... no thinking necessary.]
>>

> Did anybody ever pick off dozens of partiers on the ground from a hotel window with a
> sword?
>
> Swill

No ... not that I heard of. Some guys in an airplane killed a lot of
folks in New York City ...

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 10:43:57 AMFeb 18
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:59:30 -0000 (UTC), oldernow <olde...@dev.null> wrote:

>On 2024-02-17, Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>The truth does not work in these newsgroups.
>>
>> It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.
>
>It doesn't work because both consist of people, i.e. ego, i.e. the
>root lie of all lies.

People don't want to hear the truth. Carter told the truth. He's so Christian it was
impossible for him to lie. Reagan, otoh, was an actor so lying credibly was a talent and
career goal.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 10:45:34 AMFeb 18
Sorry, you are quite the expect in confusion.

You are killing people right now ... (not literally).

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 10:58:25 AMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 9:43 AM, Governor Swill wrote:

>>> It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.
>>
>> It doesn't work because both consist of people, i.e. ego, i.e. the
>> root lie of all lies.
>
> People don't want to hear the truth. Carter told the truth. He's so Christian it was
> impossible for him to lie. Reagan, otoh, was an actor so lying credibly was a talent and
> career goal.
>
> Swill

I do not know how truthful either of them might have been, but both were
closer to the center than many presidents we have had. Carter was as
crooked as any other snake, but I would prefer him over Biden.

Trump is an egomaniac but he was a better choice than Hillary and will
be a better choice that Biden. Maybe next time we will have better
choices available.

[If there is a next time.]

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 18, 2024, 11:01:15 AMFeb 18
da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/18/2024 9:42 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Off in space again, Brad ... the shooter(s) killed people ... the
>>> shooters are responsive.
>> Responsive to what, exactly? You seem very confused.
>Sorry, you are quite the expect in confusion.

The what now?

--bks

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 1:43:58 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 6:50 AM, da pickle wrote:
> On 2/17/2024 1:26 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:07:10 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>>
>> I don't blame the gun or the shooter.  I blame the lax gun laws.
>>
>> Swill
>
> There it is ... you do NOT blame the shooter.  If a shooter does not have a gun
> and kills with a hammer

FBI homicide statistics, 2019

Firearms 10,258
blunt objects 397

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

You're a fucking idiot.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 1:44:11 PMFeb 18
Case closed.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 1:44:19 PMFeb 18
How many times has that happened? When is the last time it happened?

Too-easy access to guns is a major part of the problem. You know this, but
you're too dishonest to admit it.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 1:44:21 PMFeb 18
Too-easy access to guns makes it too easy, and more likely, for the law to be
broken.

Gun access is a major part of the problem. You know this, but you are too
dishonestly ideological to admit it.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 1:44:24 PMFeb 18
Shooter(s) who found it absurdly easy to get guns.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 2:24:19 PMFeb 18
Do you have easy access to guns? How would you deny access to guns to
someone who actually wants one? What is your idea of the punishment for
anyone who actually has a gun!!!!????

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 2:26:01 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 12:44 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
You are repetitious in your posts. Do you own a gun? What is your idea
for the punishment for anyone who owns a gun?

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 2:27:21 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 12:44 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
More repetitious replies ... do you own a gun?

What is the punishment that you have for anyone who owns a gun?

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 2:27:55 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 12:44 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
You are useless.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 2:34:20 PMFeb 18
I've already instructed you about your bad-faith questions. You are not seeking
to have meaningful discussion. You are only trolling, in a format called
sea-lioning.

Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling
or harassment that consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for
evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and
sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to
engage in debate."

The troll feigns ignorance and politeness, so that if the target is provoked
into making an angry response, the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.
Sealioning can be performed by a single troll or by multiple ones acting in
concert. The technique of sealioning has been compared to the Gish gallop and
metaphorically described as a denial-of-service attack targeted at human
beings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

Arp! Arp! Arp!

Absurdly easy access to guns is a major element in our high intentional homicide
rate, and you know this. And we know that you know it.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 2:34:59 PMFeb 18
You are repetitious in your sea-lioning.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 2:36:22 PMFeb 18

Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling
or harassment that consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for
evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and
sincerity. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to
engage in debate."

The troll feigns ignorance and politeness, so that if the target is provoked
into making an angry response, the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.
Sealioning can be performed by a single troll or by multiple ones acting in
concert. The technique of sealioning has been compared to the Gish gallop and
metaphorically described as a denial-of-service attack targeted at human
beings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

Arp! Arp! Arp!

> do you own a gun?

Yes. It was not easy to obtain.

> What is the punishment that you have for anyone who owns a gun?

That's a straw man argument, a form of lying.

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 2:37:31 PMFeb 18
You are defeated and wrong.

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 4:11:51 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:04:25 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/17/2024 2:08 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

>>> You know nothing about much of anything ... that you know nothing about
>>> the NRA is not surprising.

>>> Read a little and learn a lot. [You will not, of course ... you only
>>> spout ... no thinking necessary.]
>>>

>> Did anybody ever pick off dozens of partiers on the ground from a hotel window with a
>> sword?
>
>No ...
>
>Do you own a gun?

No. Never have. Have shot a few of them though.

.22 revolver
.32 pistol
.22 rifle
.44 revolver (thought that one was going to dislocate my shoulder!) :)
410 over/under shotgun

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 4:13:52 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:58:11 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>I do not know how truthful either of them might have been, but both were
>closer to the center than many presidents we have had. Carter was as
>crooked as any other snake, but I would prefer him over Biden.

I disagree. Carter was one of the more honest Presidents. He was ill advised and not
testosterone rich enough to play the tough guy. He was the quintessential "nice guy" and
has been a far better ex-president than he was a president.

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 4:15:52 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:46:21 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/17/2024 2:14 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

>>> The truth does not work in these newsgroups.
>>>

>> It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.
>>
>> Swill
>
>"You can't handle the truth!" Movie?

The line was used in A Few Good Men. Didn't Nicholson say it?

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 4:17:53 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:50:35 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/17/2024 1:26 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

>>> "No reason" ... and you blame the gun ... I blame the shooter.
>>
>> I don't blame the gun or the shooter. I blame the lax gun laws.
>>
>> Swill
>
>There it is ... you do NOT blame the shooter. If a shooter does not
>have a gun and kills with a hammer ... then you can blame him (almost
>always a him).
>
>State you gun laws that will prevent anyone from becoming a criminal
>killer of another human being.
>
>Come on out of the closet and state your law.

Public carry should require a permit. Concealed carry should require one also. Guns
should be registered complete with a ballistics test result. All sales should go through
federally licensed dealers, no private sales allowed.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 4:39:14 PMFeb 18
I will ask again ... what is you law that will "solve" the misuse of guns?

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 4:40:37 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 3:13 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:58:11 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I do not know how truthful either of them might have been, but both were
>> closer to the center than many presidents we have had. Carter was as
>> crooked as any other snake, but I would prefer him over Biden.
>
> I disagree. Carter was one of the more honest Presidents. He was ill advised and not
> testosterone rich enough to play the tough guy. He was the quintessential "nice guy" and
> has been a far better ex-president than he was a president.
>
> Swill
YMMV ... he may have been "more" honest ... but none are "totally"
honest. They would not get elected.

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 4:41:22 PMFeb 18
On 2/18/2024 3:15 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:46:21 -0600, da pickle <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> It doesn't work in politics either, it seems.
>>>
>>> Swill
>>
>> "You can't handle the truth!" Movie?
>
> The line was used in A Few Good Men. Didn't Nicholson say it?
>
> Swill

Correct

da pickle

Feb 18, 2024, 4:46:05 PMFeb 18
No problem for me, but it will NOT stop even one "misuse" of a firearm.
Not one murder will be stopped. However, there will be lots of
unregistered and unused guns available for theft and misuse.

I have a concealed carry permit but that is not a solution for anything.

Misuse must be punished.

What is your "penalty" for failure to register a gun?

Do you think folks likely to shoot people for the fun of it will
register their guns?

What about all the stolen guns? Who is going to register those?

How much is your idea going to cost?

Siri Cruise

Feb 18, 2024, 4:47:19 PMFeb 18
da pickle wrote:
> On 2/17/2024 2:08 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:13:01 -0600, da pickle
>> <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You know nothing about much of anything ... that you know
>>> nothing about
>>> the NRA is not surprising.

>>> Read a little and learn a lot.  [You will not, of course ...
>>> you only
>>> spout ... no thinking necessary.]
>>>

>> Did anybody ever pick off dozens of partiers on the ground from
>> a hotel window with a
>> sword?
>
> No ...
>
> Do you own a gun?

Zhuge crossbows.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Siri Cruise

Feb 18, 2024, 4:48:56 PMFeb 18
da pickle wrote:
> On 2/17/2024 2:04 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> You're a liar. I blame the too-easy access to guns.
>>>
>>> No guns = no gun deaths. That's a fact.
>>
>> And the lying Nazi runs away...
>
> So, even the police and the military will have no guns.
>
> And you still have not blamed the shooter for the latest tragedy.
>
> Knives are used a lot too ... no need for those either ... except
> in your house, of course.
>
> [Sorry ... "sharp" knives ... ]

I've modified my crossbows to throw steak knives.

Siri Cruise

Feb 18, 2024, 4:50:28 PMFeb 18
da pickle wrote:
> On 2/16/2024 2:00 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> da pickle  <jcpi...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Did you blame the shooter?
>>
>> Are you still beating your wife?
>>
>>      --bks
>
> I do not beat my wife and you have not blamed the shooter.

Why should I? I blame parents for not arming the wee ones to
return fire. Since bad guys with guns aren't stopped, we need more
guns.
It is loading more messages.