Glenn Beck Is Leaving New York, Sells His Home

Harry Hope

Apr 18, 2011, 1:30:58 PM4/18/11

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/18/glenn-beck-leaving-new-york-sells-home_n_850351.html

4/18/11

Glenn Beck Leaving New York, Sells His Home

Glenn Beck announced in a live show that he has sold his Connecticut
mansion and will be leaving the New York City area.

Wire Update caught the performance, which was being held in Albany on
Saturday and streamed online, and reported that Beck had said that his
home has been sold.

The house has been on the market since December 2009.

Back then, Beck, who had bought the house in 2005, was selling the
property for just under $4 million ($250,000 less than when he first
bought it).

The 8,720 square foot colonial sits on 2.8 acres in New Canaan,
Connecticut.

Beck has a swanky New York apartment; it's not clear if he's selling
that too.

One thing he will certainly miss: seeing Broadway shows.

He's a devoted theater-goer, and has recently praised the "Spider-Man"
musical repeatedly.

OK.....

Harry

Phlip

Apr 18, 2011, 1:35:45 PM4/18/11
> Back then, Beck, who had bought the house in 2005, was selling the
> property for just under $4 million ($250,000 less than when he first
> bought it).
>
> Beck has a swanky New York apartment; it's not clear if he's selling
> that too.

Translation: Beck's money faucets have all suddenly turned off, so he
must reconfigure everything into a "comfortable retirement" mode to
prevent running out early.

The PHANTOM

Apr 18, 2011, 2:00:29 PM4/18/11

Wishful thinking on your part nummnutts. Beck is still gonna be
twisting you progressive's knickers no matter WHERE he decides to
live. Besides,hoodafukk wants to live in New York and pay their
crushing taxes anyway??

Neoconis_Ignoramus

Apr 18, 2011, 2:02:22 PM4/18/11

Judging by real estate and rental prices, a lot of people want to live
there. But no one wants to live in your trailer park.

Phlip

Apr 18, 2011, 2:05:56 PM4/18/11
> > Translation: Beck's money faucets have all suddenly turned off, so he
> > must reconfigure everything into a "comfortable retirement" mode to
> > prevent running out early.
>
> Wishful thinking on your part nummnutts. Beck is still gonna be
> twisting you progressive's knickers no matter WHERE he decides to
> live. Besides,hoodafukk wants to live in New York and pay their
> crushing taxes anyway??

Just think, Caspar: Beck has spent years making sure property prices
crash & burn, and he finally gets to turn a little profit when you-
know-who is president.

Priceless.

Gallon Gas : Obama's Wet dream@whitehouse.org Europe's Commies Paying $ 9.00 Gallon gas

Apr 18, 2011, 2:48:34 PM4/18/11

"Neoconis_Ignoramus" <bella...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Judging by your Ignorance, these is no help for you.

City faces middle-class exodus
New study cites NYC's soaring cost of living and flattened wages for
"outmigration" of moderate-income families.
Daniel Massey The rising cost of living in the five boroughs, combined
with a city economy that has been unable to create enough well-paying jobs,
has led tens of thousands of middle class New Yorkers to leave the city in
recent years and kept others stuck among the ranks of the working poor, a
new report shows.

The city, which for much of its history thrived as a place where people from
poorer backgrounds could climb into the middle class, is in danger of losing
that piece of its identity, the report says.

"New York has long been a city that has groomed a middle class, but that's a
more arduous job today," said Jonathan Bowles, director of the Center for an
Urban Future, a Manhattan-based think tank dedicated to independent research
on cities, and one of the report's authors. "There's a tremendous amount of
positives about the city, yet so many middle class families seem to be
stretched to their limits."

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20090205/FREE/902059930

Gallon Gas : Obama's Wet dream@whitehouse.org Europe's Commies Paying $ 9.00 Gallon gas

Apr 18, 2011, 2:49:48 PM4/18/11

"Neoconis_Ignoramus" <bella...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Moron.

The Mass Exodus From New York
by governmentrico on February 7, 2011
New Yorkers are fleeing the state and city in droves, fed up with high taxes
and the high cost of living, a new report finds.

The migration from 2000 to 2008 represents the biggest migration from any
state in the country, The Empire Center for New York State Policy said.

Some 1.5 million New Yorkers, or about 8 percent of the population, have
moved out since 2000. Florida was the top destination, followed by New
Jersey.

The vast majority of those who left the state, 1.1 million, were former
residents of New York City. This means one out of seven city taxpayers moved
from the area, the report said.

The new New Yorkers, led by immigrants, are making about 13 percent less
money per year than those who left, the data indicates.

The "trend" is seens as being a result of the state's high taxes.

The difference between NY and Egypt is that NYers are free to leave (no
floods or locuts necessary) and are leaving in droves. NY Politicians need
to get a clue that people working for their money do not take kindly in
having their effort, labor and time "redistributed" for other people's
benefit.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Empire-State-Exodus-66507327.html
.

Gallon Gas : Obama's Wet dream@whitehouse.org Europe's Commies Paying $ 9.00 Gallon gas

Apr 18, 2011, 2:50:23 PM4/18/11

"Harry Hope" <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

The Mass Exodus From New York

Neoconis_Ignoramus

Apr 18, 2011, 2:48:23 PM4/18/11
On Apr 18, 11:48 am, "Europe's Commies Paying $ 9.00 Gallon gas" <
$9.00 Gallon Gas : Obama's Wet dream@White House.org> wrote:
> "Neoconis_Ignoramus" <bellamac...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20090205/FREE/902059930- Hide quoted text -

Uh, dumbfuck, you just cited an article that basically said NYC is too
expensive for most people to live in. Thanks for proving my point,
that a lot of people want to live there. If they didn't, how would it
remain expensive? Guess your stepdad ERRRRR teacher didn't get around
to learnin' you about supply and demand.

Message has been deleted

Gallon Gas : Obama's Wet dream@whitehouse.org Europe's Commies Paying $ 9.00 Gallon gas

Apr 18, 2011, 3:40:02 PM4/18/11

The Mass Exodus From New York

by governmentrico on February 7, 2011

The PHANTOM

Apr 18, 2011, 3:55:17 PM4/18/11
On Apr 18, 1:02 pm, Neoconis_Ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> there.  But no one wants to live in your trailer park.- Hide quoted text -

Oh?? So exhorbitant real estate prices mean people are flocking to New
York to live and work?? So,why are the "rich" fleeing the state like
rat's off the Titanic?? Btw,what is the unemployment rate in NYC??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/16/new-york-unemployment-rat_n_236127.html

Looks like the toothless,inbred,uneducated,knuckledragging rednecks in
Texas aren't suffereing like the blue nosed,urban eggheads in
wonderful NYC !!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6295246.html

Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk

The PHANTOM

Apr 18, 2011, 3:57:18 PM4/18/11
On Apr 18, 1:48 pm, Neoconis_Ignoramus <bellamac...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> >http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20090205/FREE/902059930-Hide quoted text -

> Uh, dumbfuck, you just cited an article that basically said NYC is too
> expensive for most people to live in.  Thanks for proving my point,
> that a lot of people want to live there.  If they didn't, how would it
> remain expensive?  Guess your stepdad ERRRRR teacher didn't get around
> to learnin' you about supply and demand.- Hide quoted text -

TOO EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THE CITY IS RUN BY 'RATS YOU FUCKING IDIOT !!!!!
HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOO ???!!!

Ken

Apr 18, 2011, 4:00:05 PM4/18/11

Gee, I hope he didn't also invest any of his money in gold!!!! Oh
that's right, gold has increased and is increasing almost daily. Forget
that thought.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Neoconis_Ignoramus

Apr 18, 2011, 4:53:06 PM4/18/11
> > >http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20090205/FREE/902059930-Hidequoted text -

> > Uh, dumbfuck, you just cited an article that basically said NYC is too
> > expensive for most people to live in.  Thanks for proving my point,
> > that a lot of people want to live there.  If they didn't, how would it
> > remain expensive?  Guess your stepdad ERRRRR teacher didn't get around
> > to learnin' you about supply and demand.- Hide quoted text -

> TOO EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THE CITY IS RUN BY 'RATS YOU FUCKING IDIOT !!!!!
> HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOO ???!!!- Hide quoted text -

Again, stupid fuck, if your alleged "mass exodus" was the case, then
you'd see rents or RE prices declining fairly rapidly to compensate
for lower overall demand. Unfortunately for your deluded ass, while
rents and real estate have been impacted by the recession, they
haven't any moreso than any other locale. NY is still expensive
because demand remains high. You're just too fucking stupid to
understand these pretty basic concepts.

By the way, trailer-dwelling retard, try to link to articles that are
less than 2 years old when trying to prove your point.

Try again, stupid fuck.

http://www.labor.ny.gov/stats/pressreleases/pruistat.shtm

New York City’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell below the
national average, which is 8.8 percent, to 8.7 percent in March from
8.9 percent in February, according to the State Labor Department. The
unemployment rate for the city was 9.9 percent in March 2010. The data
show that New York City had a net increase of nearly 50,000 private
sector jobs from March 2010 to March 2011, up 1.6 percent.

http://www.tregny.com/pdf/market_report_mar_11.pdf

Richard Steel

Apr 18, 2011, 4:53:24 PM4/18/11

No, Glenn Beck's money comes overwhelmingly from his radio show, which
nets him, comfortably, an eight figure income. The big loser of
Glenn's move is New York State which will certainly miss his seven
figure state tax income payment.

Philip Plumlee

Apr 18, 2011, 5:00:30 PM4/18/11
On Apr 18, 1:53 pm, Richard Steel <rsteel2...@aol.com> wrote:

> No, Glenn Beck's money comes overwhelmingly from his radio show, which
> nets him, comfortably, an eight figure income.

And how are his ratings & market count doing?

Remember to include Wisconsin...

> The big loser of
> Glenn's move is New York State which will certainly miss his seven
> figure state tax income payment.

Yep: /Noblesse Oblige/!

Gallon Gas : Obama's Wet dream@whitehouse.org Europe's Commies Paying $ 9.00 Gallon gas

Apr 18, 2011, 8:21:28 PM4/18/11

"Neoconis_Ignoramus" <bella...@verizon.net> wrote in message

John-A

Apr 18, 2011, 9:19:46 PM4/18/11
I wonder when the mass exit from the USA will begin?
Americans who can no longer afford to live in America
finding homes and help in other countries?
I am frankly surprised that we have not lost over a million
Americans to more progressive countries already!

Christopher Helms

Apr 18, 2011, 10:37:38 PM4/18/11
On Apr 18, 12:30 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/18/glenn-beck-leaving-new-york-...

> 4/18/11
>
> Glenn Beck Leaving New York, Sells His Home
>
> Glenn Beck announced in a live show that he has sold his Connecticut
> mansion and will be leaving the New York City area.

He sold Boobford Manor?

Phlip

Apr 18, 2011, 10:48:40 PM4/18/11

Clue: We are not allowed to legally up and move there. Just as (ahem)
Mexicans are not allow to legally up and move here, without jumping
through all kinds of paperwork hoops.

Welcome to the Third World, homeboy.

5979 Dead, 1122 since 1/20/09

Apr 18, 2011, 11:00:18 PM4/18/11

Don't you love the morons here who say this Connecticut resident fled New
York to escape the taxes?

--
Information has never been so free. Even in authoritarian countries
information networks are helping people discover new facts and making

--
Information has never been so free. Even in authoritarian countries
information networks are helping people discover new facts and making
governments more accountable.- US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,
January 21, 2010

Christopher Helms

Apr 18, 2011, 11:17:47 PM4/18/11
On Apr 18, 10:00 pm, "5979 Dead, 1122 since 1/20/09" <d...@gone.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:37:38 -0700, Christopher Helms wrote:
> > On Apr 18, 12:30 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/18/glenn-beck-leaving-new-
> york-...
>
> >> 4/18/11
>
> >> Glenn Beck Leaving New York, Sells His Home
>
> >> Glenn Beck announced in a live show that he has sold his Connecticut
> >> mansion and will be leaving the New York City area.
>
> > He sold Boobford Manor?
>
> Don't you love the morons here who say this Connecticut resident fled New
> York to escape the taxes?

Oh, I love everybody. I still can't believe Beck sold the Doltfaire
Estate.

PaxPerPoten

Apr 19, 2011, 3:22:18 AM4/19/11
On 4/18/2011 1:05 PM, Phlip wrote:
>>> Translation: Beck's money faucets have all suddenly turned off, so he
>>> must reconfigure everything into a "comfortable retirement" mode to
>>> prevent running out early.
>>
>> Wishful thinking on your part nummnutts. Beck is still gonna be
>> twisting you progressive's knickers no matter WHERE he decides to
>> live. Besides,hoodafukk wants to live in New York and pay their
>> crushing taxes anyway??
>
> Just think, Caspar: Beck has spent years making sure property prices
> crash& burn, and he finally gets to turn a little profit when you-
> know-who is president.
>
> Priceless.

I would tend to believe that Beck may be going to do an Opra and
syndicate his own media outlet. He has the assets to do just that.
The Democrats have made him very very rich with their everyday
peccadilloes to report and hold talk shows on. I understand by perusing
the business news that there are several outlets up for grabs and cheap too.

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gary DW

Apr 19, 2011, 12:36:37 PM4/19/11
In article <yG%qp.7096$rB2....@newsfe21.iad>, "Europe's Commies Paying
$ 9.00 Gallon gas" says...

> The vast majority of those who left the state, 1.1 million, were former
> residents of New York City. This means one out of seven city taxpayers moved
> from the area, the report said.
>
> The new New Yorkers, led by immigrants, are making about 13 percent less
> money per year than those who left, the data indicates.

If millionaires leave the state, and are replaced by hard-working
immigrants, I fail to see how this could be a bad thing long-term.

I think I'd welcome that trade! So would most economists... I'd guess.

--

Conservatives only mistrust government when it comes to spending money on
people they don't like. -Digby

Jerry Okamura

Apr 19, 2011, 12:43:38 PM4/19/11

"Gary DW" wrote in message

In article <yG%qp.7096$rB2....@newsfe21.iad>, "Europe's Commies Paying
$ 9.00 Gallon gas" says...

> The vast majority of those who left the state, 1.1 million, were former
> residents of New York City. This means one out of seven city taxpayers
> moved
> from the area, the report said.
>
> The new New Yorkers, led by immigrants, are making about 13 percent less
> money per year than those who left, the data indicates.

If millionaires leave the state, and are replaced by hard-working
immigrants, I fail to see how this could be a bad thing long-term.

I think I'd welcome that trade! So would most economists... I'd guess.

Because the wealthy are the ones that pay most of the taxes? Because those
hard-working immigrants, are not going to make even close to the money that
rich people make, and therefore, their contribution to the tax base is going
to be smaller? Because the Federal Government is not allowing enough of
them to come into this country, and even if they did, they may choose not to
live in New York City?

pyjamarama

Apr 19, 2011, 12:48:05 PM4/19/11
On Apr 19, 12:36 pm, Gary DW <dewaay2spike...@sio.midco.net> wrote:
> In article <yG%qp.7096$rB2.6...@newsfe21.iad>, "Europe's Commies Paying

> $ 9.00 Gallon gas" says...
>
> > The vast majority of those who left the state, 1.1 million, were former
> > residents of New York City. This means one out of seven city taxpayers moved
> > from the area, the report said.
>
> > The new New Yorkers, led by immigrants, are making about 13 percent less
> > money per year than those who left, the data indicates.
>
> If millionaires leave the state, and are replaced by hard-working
> immigrants, I fail to see how this could be a bad thing long-term.

And who would hire these "hard working immigrants"?

The Port Authority?

> I think I'd welcome that trade!  So would most economists... I'd guess.

You'd guess wrong...

The top producers in NY (as in most states) pay well over 50% of the
taxes...

That shortfall would be made up how, exactly?

> Conservatives only mistrust government when it comes to spending money on
> people they don't like.  -Digby

The founders vehemently mistrusted government....and it had nothing to
do with "spending money on people"....

Do some research and see if you can't figure out the basis of this
mistrust.

Better yet, review the history of 20th-century leftism and you'll have
your answer.