"Inflation"

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 31, 2023, 9:34:37 AM1/31/23

| Exxon Vaults to Record Annual Profit of $55.7 Billion
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/exxon-mobil-xom-q4-earnings-report-2022-11675128584>

--bks

Yak

Jan 31, 2023, 1:50:31 PM1/31/23
Now do profit margins.

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 7:14:05 PM1/31/23
Ok.

"Profit margin can be defined as the percentage of revenue that a
company retains as income after the deduction of expenses. Exxon net
profit margin as of September 30, 2022 is 12.86%."
<https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/XOM/exxon/profit-margins>

The graph is handy and so is this one.

Exxon gross profit for the quarter ending September 30, 2022 was
$33.969B, a 94.85% increase year-over-year.
Exxon gross profit for the twelve months ending September 30, 2022
was $107.549B, a 110.19% increase year-over-year.
Exxon annual gross profit for 2021 was $64.202B, a 107.49%
increase from 2020.
Exxon annual gross profit for 2020 was $30.942B, a 42.47% decline
from 2019.
Exxon annual gross profit for 2019 was $53.786B, a 16.86% decline
from 2018.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/XOM/exxon/gross-profit

They made $108B in 2022, when the rightists were blaming the President
for high gasoline prices.

Swill
--
Reality is an acquired taste - Matthew Perry

Glory to the heroes. Glory to Ukraine.

NoBody

Feb 1, 2023, 7:22:16 AM2/1/23
On 31 Jan 2023 14:34:33 -0000, b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:
Of course Bradley makes a false analogy. Gas prices have been
relatively constant over the last year. Here what has not:

"Egg prices jumped 60% in 2022, according to the consumer price index,
an inflation measure. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/23/high-egg-prices-due-to-a-collusive-scheme-by-suppliers-group-claims.html

"Inflation in 2022 hit its highest level in four decades, according to
consumer price index data.
Some items, such as school meals, eggs, margarine and fuel oil, saw a
more dramatic upswing in prices. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/13/why-inflation-hit-these-10-items-hardest-in-2022.html

I guess we'll call it "Big egg" to make Bradley happy.

Yak

Feb 1, 2023, 10:23:45 AM2/1/23
Cool, so fairly average margin. So maybe the bitching about Exxon daring
to make some money can stop.

Governor Swill

Feb 1, 2023, 12:54:03 PM2/1/23
It's not about "daring to make money", it's about the same people
blaming high gas prices on politicians while getting dividends from
the oil industry.

All those complaints about Biden and gasoline prices should have been
about Darren Wood and gasoline prices.

NoBody

Feb 2, 2023, 7:13:10 AM2/2/23
Yes Swill that's how it works While you were gone we decided YOU make
too much money and demand that you turn over 50% of it to us.

Governor Swill

Feb 2, 2023, 9:56:48 AM2/2/23
>Yes Swill that's how it works While you were gone we decided YOU make
>too much money and demand that you turn over 50% of it to us.

Once again a moron fails reading comprehension.

The point wasn't how much money the oil industry made, stupid, it was
you blaming the wrong person for the gas price increases the oil
companies implemented.

And you know what? It worked! Yay! Gas is cheap again, global
demand is down and oil continues to drop giving us all cheaper
gasoline!

Bradley K. Sherman

Feb 2, 2023, 10:05:48 AM2/2/23

| Oil giant Shell posts highest-ever annual profit of $40 billion
<https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/02/shell-earnings-oil-giant-reports-record-annual-profits.html>

--bks

NoBody

Feb 3, 2023, 7:10:48 AM2/3/23
On Thu, 02 Feb 2023 09:56:41 -0500, Governor Swill
It looks like you need to start posting in a coherent fashion. If the
price of supply is up, utlimately profits will increase as well -
unless you expect the oil companies to absorb the cost increase. This
is the reason for my question. Of course, you're not bright enough to
know that.

>And you know what? It worked! Yay! Gas is cheap again,

I don't know where you live but gas is certainly NOT cheap.