GOP Book-Banning Pegs The Nazi-o-meter

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 30, 2023, 10:45:40 AM1/30/23

| Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
| using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
<https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-could-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not-approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>

--bks

Lee

Jan 30, 2023, 11:35:01 AM1/30/23
Not just using unapproved books
but even just having them present
in the classroom.

"The new guidelines are being
issued now as school districts
rush to comply with a
controversial Florida law,
passed by Mr DeSantis in March
last year, that punishes
teachers with felony charges
------ >if non-sanctioned books
are present in classrooms". <-------

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ron-desant
is-book-bans-florida-b2270116.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Guns in classrooms are legal,
books are not. Amazing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-florida/florida-teachers-can
-arm-themselves-under-new-gun-bill-idUSKCN1S74GZ

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 30, 2023, 12:00:45 PM1/30/23
Good for Florida....If you don't like our rules, don't come here.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 30, 2023, 12:32:22 PM1/30/23
Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:

>>> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-co
>>> uld-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not
>>> -approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>Good for Florida....If you don't like our rules, don't come here.

It comes as no surprise that Blue Girl admits her fascism.

--bks

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 30, 2023, 12:32:50 PM1/30/23
On 30 Jan 2023 15:45:36 -0000, b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:
A good law that protects the kids from the freaks.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 30, 2023, 1:01:41 PM1/30/23
Blue Girl <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:

>> | Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
>> | using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
>><https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-could-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not-approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>
>A good law that protects the kids from the freaks.

It's nascent fascism and borderline unconstitutional.
It's no surprise that Blue Girl wants children
indoctrinated by the state.

--bks

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 30, 2023, 2:28:06 PM1/30/23
<SNORT>Leftist moron doesn't even know what fascism is. The public
schools are an element of the government, Dummy.

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 30, 2023, 2:31:51 PM1/30/23
On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 18:01:38 -0000 (UTC), b...@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

>>><https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-could-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not-approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>>
>>A good law that protects the kids from the freaks.
>
>It's nascent fascism and borderline unconstitutional.

Nonsense.

>It's no surprise that Blue Girl wants children
>indoctrinated by the state.

The state is responsible for what the children get taught, Dummy, not
the teacher's unions.

> --bks

Nevermind

Jan 30, 2023, 4:19:42 PM1/30/23
True. The Trump era has really brought out the people who are proud of being book burners and bigots.

26C.Z968

Jan 30, 2023, 8:30:58 PM1/30/23
On 1/30/23 11:34 AM, Lee wrote:
> Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>

>> | Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
>> | using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
>> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-co
>> uld-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not
>> -approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>>
>> --bks
>

> Not just using unapproved books
> but even just having them present
> in the classroom.

Should they also have a shelf for Mein Kampf, 'Protocol
Of The Elders of Zion', assorted KKK & anti-gay rants the
collected Q-Anon conspiracy portfolio, the works of
Ayatollah Khomeni and such as well ?

Hmmmm ???

Seems the Florida law is in support of existing federal
laws against institutional racism and/or govt promotion of
such racism. Just because the racism comes from the left side
of the street doesn't change the intent/meaning/value of
said laws.

At least the right-wing bigots KNOW they're bigots ...

26C.Z968

Jan 30, 2023, 8:36:05 PM1/30/23
Those unions want to breech federal laws that forbid
the preaching and practice of institutional racism.
The Florida law upholds that principle ... The State
of all entities should never be preaching racism.

Nevermind

Jan 30, 2023, 9:40:02 PM1/30/23
Teaching and preaching rhyme, but they are different things. Teaching history is the way we avoid repeating mistakes.

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:27:48 AM1/31/23
I don't like them and I already live here.

Swill
--
A Week In the [Short] Life of a Russian Tank Commander

o You finish one month tank training course.
o You are sent to fight in "special military operation."
o Colonel Fuckoffski informs you that you are fighting NATO Main
Battle Tanks
o When you ask what kinds and how many, he responds, "Da."
o He further informs you they are designed to fight modernized T-72's
and T-90's
o You are assigned an unmodernized T62
o Crew informs you main gun not working due to stolen copper wiring
o Voices with Ukrainian accents start making cat noises over open
comms - Klaus Schadenfreude

Glory to the Heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Slava Ukraina!

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:28:12 AM1/31/23

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:29:11 AM1/31/23
On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:28:02 -0500, Blue Lives Matter
<Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:

Lol!

Banning books? Is that something you're proud of?

Swill

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:31:32 AM1/31/23
On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 20:30:36 -0500, "26C.Z968" wrote:

> Should they also have a shelf for Mein Kampf, 'Protocol
> Of The Elders of Zion', assorted KKK & anti-gay rants the
> collected Q-Anon conspiracy portfolio, the works of
> Ayatollah Khomeni and such as well ?
>
> Hmmmm ???
>
> Seems the Florida law is in support of existing federal
> laws against institutional racism and/or govt promotion of
> such racism. Just because the racism comes from the left side
> of the street doesn't change the intent/meaning/value of
> said laws.
>
> At least the right-wing bigots KNOW they're bigots ...

The Confederate Memorial at the park doesn't teach them what you want
them to know?

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:32:24 AM1/31/23
It wasn't the teachers' unions that banned books in Florida.

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:32:59 AM1/31/23
On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 20:35:51 -0500, "26C.Z968" wrote:

> Those unions want to breech federal laws that forbid
> the preaching and practice of institutional racism.
> The Florida law upholds that principle ... The State
> of all entities should never be preaching racism.

What federal laws?

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 31, 2023, 5:42:33 AM1/31/23
On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 00:15:09 -0600, super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <tr8on0$if7$1...@panix3.panix.com>,
> b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:
>

>"The American GOP: We pass more radical censorship regulations in the
>morning before most Commie countries do all day!"

Censorship? No, I think you can read any book, magazine, article,
blog, etc out there, but you might have to check several different
sources before you get any information about Hunter Biden's laptop.

NoBody

Jan 31, 2023, 7:05:17 AM1/31/23
Well, Lying Lee and Bradley are both freaks themselves so there's
that.

NoBody

Jan 31, 2023, 7:06:46 AM1/31/23
Cite where you posted against the state allowing trans, BLM, and
wokism in the classroom. You are for indoctrination when it fits YOUR
beliefs.

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 31, 2023, 8:25:25 AM1/31/23
On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 06:32:36 -0600, super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <3trhth5b84adlmprd...@4ax.com>,
> Blue Lives Matter <Iron_White@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 00:15:09 -0600, super70s
>> <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>> >"The American GOP: We pass more radical censorship regulations in the
>> >morning before most Commie countries do all day!"
>>
>> Censorship? No, I think you can read any book, magazine, article,
>> blog, etc out there,
>
>Not if Republicans have the final say.

You can't identify one piece of writing that Republicans want to
censor from you. I'm assuming that you are an adult.

>> but you might have to check several different
>> sources before you get any information about Hunter Biden's laptop.
>
>I'm not interested in Hunter's nude pics, maybe you are.

I'll bet you're not interested in the Biden family's overseas business
dealings either.

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 31, 2023, 9:12:18 AM1/31/23
Kremlin Girl <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Cite where you posted against the state allowing trans, BLM, and
>wokism in the classroom. You are for indoctrination when it fits YOUR
>beliefs.

WTF are you talking about?

--bks

Bradley K. Sherman

Jan 31, 2023, 9:48:34 AM1/31/23

| Students arrived in some Florida public school classrooms
| this month to find their teachers' bookshelves wrapped in
| paper -- or entirely barren of books -- after district
| officials launched a review of the texts' appropriateness
| under a new state law.
|
| School officials in at least two counties, Manatee and
| Duval, have directed teachers this month to remove or wrap
| up their classroom libraries, according to records obtained
| by The Washington Post. The removals come in response to
| fresh guidance issued by the Florida Department of
| Education in mid-January, after the State Board of
| Education ruled that a law restricting the books a district
| may possess applies not only to schoolwide libraries but to
| teachers' classroom collections, too.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/01/31/florida-hide-books-stop-woke-manatee-county-duval-county-desantis/>

--bks

Mitchell Holman

Jan 31, 2023, 1:28:46 PM1/31/23
"26C.Z968" <26C....@noaada.net> wrote in
They aren't.

Why do you object to teaching ABOUT racism?

Mitchell Holman

Jan 31, 2023, 1:48:04 PM1/31/23
b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in
And these people complain about liberals
using "Nanny State government"

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 6:40:33 PM1/31/23
He's another one who never backs anything up or answers a question.

Swill
--
"You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

Glory to the heroes. Glory to Ukraine.

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 6:43:47 PM1/31/23
When a Democrat is in office, free markets mean: "The President needs
to do something about gas prices!"

When a Republican is in office, free markets mean: "The government
has no business mandating electric vehicles!"

Ironically, increasing numbers of EVs will reduce gas prices.

Blue Lives Matter

Jan 31, 2023, 7:02:02 PM1/31/23
Good

Siri Cruise

Jan 31, 2023, 8:49:04 PM1/31/23
In article <trb7ju$nbg$1...@reader2.panix.com>,
b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

She's referring to archaic puritanical concepts that a teacher
should manage their classrooms.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Mitchell Holman

Jan 31, 2023, 9:37:00 PM1/31/23
Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote in
Under a Democrat: The deficit is out of control!

Under a Republican: "Reagan proved that deficits
don't matter" (Dick Cheney, Jan 2004)

NoBody

Feb 1, 2023, 7:09:09 AM2/1/23
Thank you for proving my point....

NoBody

Feb 1, 2023, 7:11:33 AM2/1/23
On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:48:46 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <trb7ju$nbg$1...@reader2.panix.com>,
> b...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

>> >Cite where you posted against the state allowing trans, BLM, and
>> >wokism in the classroom. You are for indoctrination when it fits YOUR
>> >beliefs.
>>
>> WTF are you talking about?
>>
>> --bks
>
>She's referring to archaic puritanical concepts that a teacher
>should manage their classrooms.

Teachers are limited by district and state policies as to what may be
in their classrooms. You didn't care when woke material was put into
classrooms by policy and suddenly you're offending when those policies
are reversed.

26C.Z968

Feb 4, 2023, 9:37:45 PM2/4/23
On 1/30/23 2:28 PM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:32:18 -0000 (UTC), b...@panix.com (Bradley K.
> Sherman) wrote:

>>> Good for Florida....If you don't like our rules, don't come here.
>>
>> It comes as no surprise that Blue Girl admits her fascism.
>>
>> --bks
>
> <SNORT>Leftist moron doesn't even know what fascism is. The public
> schools are an element of the government, Dummy.

And govt institutions aren't allowed to push racism
or racist agendas.

DeSantis made the right call.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 4, 2023, 11:55:44 PM2/4/23
"26C.Z968" <26C....@noaada.net> wrote in
Every book *in the world* is
so dangerous that possessing it is
felony unless it is on the Florida
"approved by our censors" list?

Governor Swill

Feb 5, 2023, 3:54:19 AM2/5/23
On Sat, 4 Feb 2023 21:37:35 -0500, "26C.Z968" wrote:
>On 1/30/23 2:28 PM, Blue Lives Matter wrote:

I live here and I don't like this rule.

>>> It comes as no surprise that Blue Girl admits her fascism.
>>>
>>> --bks
>>
>> <SNORT>Leftist moron doesn't even know what fascism is. The public
>> schools are an element of the government, Dummy.

What are you afraid of? That radical right wing policies will fail to
create a white supremacist police state in America?

> And govt institutions aren't allowed to push racism
> or racist agendas.

Having a copy of Huckleberry Finn in the school library isn't "pushing
racism".

"On 10 May 1933, a remarkable act of barbarism, a prelude to the many
worse ones that followed, took place in the city of Berlin. Students
from the Wilhelm Humboldt University, all of them members of
right-wing student organizations, transported books from their
university library and from other collections to the Franz Joseph
Platz; adjacent to the university. Accompanying their actions with
declaimed denunciations of the authors, they proceeded to toss
thousands of titles, by writers famous and obscure, foreign and
native, into the flames of an already ignited bonfire. The egregiously
primitive act lasted for hours, interrupted only by the incantation of
Nazi songs and a speech by Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels."
<https://www.museumoftolerance.com/education/archives-and-reference-library/online-resources/simon-wiesenthal-center-annual-volume-2/annual-2-chapter-5.html>

> DeSantis made the right call.

Banning books is the "right call"? Is that what Germans thought in
the nineteen thirties? If we stop teaching that racism was once a
thing, should we also stop teaching about the Holocaust? WWII? The
Cold War? Perhaps we should start censoring the news just in case a
report on some racist act slips through.

"On May 10, 1933, university students in 34 university towns across
Germany burned over 25,000 books. The works of Jewish authors like
Albert Einstein and Sigmund Freud went up in flames alongside
blacklisted American authors such as Ernest Hemingway and Helen
Keller, while students gave the Nazi salute."
<https://www.ushmm.org/collections/bibliography/1933-book-burnings

"The Triumph of Hitler"
<https://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/triumph/tr-bookburn.htm>

"Book Burnings"
<https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/book-burning

"Nazi Book Burnings"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_book_burnings

"Book Burnings in Germany, 1933 "
<https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/goebbels-burnings/>

"The Burning of the Books in Nazi Germany, 1933: The American
Response"

Swill
--
Reality is an acquired taste - Matthew Perry

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Governor Swill

Feb 5, 2023, 3:55:05 AM2/5/23
DeSantis' "call" may well sink his run in '24.

Ken

Feb 5, 2023, 2:18:43 PM2/5/23
I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
that reminded them of the south and the civil war. There was damage and
riots because they were offended by those items. But when someone is
offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.
You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.

Governor Swill

Feb 5, 2023, 4:42:54 PM2/5/23
On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 13:18:36 -0600, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:

>But when someone is
>offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
>regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.

Did you make that up yourself or is it something you half heard on
talk radio?

Swill
--
THEORY is when you know everything but nothing works.

PRACTICE is when everything works but no one knows why.

IN THIS FORUM, theory and practice are combined:
Nothing works and no one knows why.

Ken

Feb 5, 2023, 8:22:56 PM2/5/23
Governor Swill wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 13:18:36 -0600, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> But when someone is
>> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
>> regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.
>
> Did you make that up yourself or is it something you half heard on
> talk radio?
>
> Swill
> --

No, it is something I lived. When I was just 18 years old I experienced
a life changing moment. I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
first thing the DI said was: "You can do more than you think you can
do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
served me well, and that is what is missing in today's youth.
Especially the black youth. Get off your ass and work to achieve,
rather than blame racism, the weather, or any other source.

Before I am accused of "White privilege," My mother died and left me
medical bills. My father died and left me a photo of him. Is that
white privilege?? I followed the Parris Island quote, and retired at
age 49!!!

Siri Cruise

Feb 5, 2023, 9:19:15 PM2/5/23
In article <trovef$2liod$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
wrote:

> > Why do you object to teaching ABOUT racism?

> I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
> of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
> to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.

Since the South made explicit statements that they were starting
the war in order to sustain slavery and propagate into Lousiana,
Oregon, and Mexican territories, is your argument then that
slavery is not racist? What do you think about how the South
kidnapped free blacks in Pennsylvania and sold them into slavery?

> But when someone is
> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist

Cite who is teaching them.

> regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.

Is it your contention that the black neighbourhoods of Tulsa were
destroyed by blacks?

> You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
> education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
> That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.

Since the 14th amendment assumes all people are created equal how
does equal opportunity result in unequal outcomes?

Siri Cruise

Feb 5, 2023, 9:37:48 PM2/5/23
In article <trpkpc$2pgpu$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
wrote:

> No, it is something I lived. When I was just 18 years old I experienced
> a life changing moment. I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
> first thing the DI said was:

And everyone knows the DIs are experts in law and economics.

> do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words

If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?

> served me well, and that is what is missing in today's youth.
> Especially the black youth. Get off your ass and work to achieve,

Since all people are created equal, why are you segregating them
above?

> rather than blame racism, the weather, or any other source.

And cases of workplace discrimination resulting in loss of wages
proved in court by a prepronderance of evidence are not to blame?

When the Supremes decided separate is inherently unequal, your
contention is the proven inequality had zero effects on wages and
factors affecting wages, such non-access to education?

> Before I am accused of "White privilege," My mother died and left me
> medical bills.

Then you're an idiot. Debts are not inheritted. Her credittors
could take payment from her estate. You didn't have to accept
medical bills as your own.

> My father died and left me a photo of him. Is that

My heart bleeds for you.

> white privilege?? I followed the Parris Island quote, and retired at
> age 49!!!

And you did that without any real estate capital gains because
you would not take unfair advantage over others.

> THEORY is when you know everything but nothing works.

My house appreciated some fiftyfold. I don't mind sharecroppers
in Alabama getting the same access to mortgages I got.

So you have a theory.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 5, 2023, 9:48:26 PM2/5/23
Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote in news:trovef$2liod$1...@dont-email.me:
The Florida law bans ALL books not
specifically approved. Rather like a
prison library.

> teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
> to racism,

What book teaches ANYONE they are
"doomed to failure"?

> were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.

The Mississippi GOP legislature
just voted to take the Confederate
symbol off their flag. Does that make
them "woke liberals"?

> There was damage and
> riots because they were offended by those items. But when someone is
> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist

Who is teaching what children they
are "inherently racist"?

Gronk

Feb 6, 2023, 12:32:47 AM2/6/23
Blue Lives Matter wrote:

>>> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-co
>>> uld-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not
>>> -approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>>
>> Not just using unapproved books
>> but even just having them present
>> in the classroom.
>>

>> "The new guidelines are being
>> issued now as school districts
>> rush to comply with a
>> controversial Florida law,
>> passed by Mr DeSantis in March
>> last year, that punishes
>> teachers with felony charges
>> ------ >if non-sanctioned books
>> are present in classrooms". <-------
>>
>> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ron-desant
>> is-book-bans-florida-b2270116.html?utm_source=reddit.com
>>
>> Guns in classrooms are legal,
>> books are not. Amazing.
>>
>> https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-florida/florida-teachers-can
>> -arm-themselves-under-new-gun-bill-idUSKCN1S74GZ
>
> Good for Florida....If you don't like our rules, don't come here.

If you say so, kamerad...

Ken

Feb 6, 2023, 7:33:13 AM2/6/23
Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <trpkpc$2pgpu$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> No, it is something I lived. When I was just 18 years old I experienced
>> a life changing moment. I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
>> first thing the DI said was:
>
> And everyone knows the DIs are experts in law and economics.
>
>> do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
>
> If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
> subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
> veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?

Did you attend "Stupid School?" You apparently have a reading
comprehension problem. The question was: "Did you make that up
yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

>> served me well, and that is what is missing in today's youth.
>> Especially the black youth. Get off your ass and work to achieve,
>
> Since all people are created equal, why are you segregating them
> above?
>
>> rather than blame racism, the weather, or any other source.
>
> And cases of workplace discrimination resulting in loss of wages
> proved in court by a prepronderance of evidence are not to blame?
>
> When the Supremes decided separate is inherently unequal, your
> contention is the proven inequality had zero effects on wages and
> factors affecting wages, such non-access to education?

It is true that the separate but equal laws needed to be changed and
were changed. It is also true that preferential treatment was given to
minorities. With little positive results, I might add. There are many
successful minorities, and it is due to education and effort, rather
than special treatment in order to increase the success level of minorities.

From the tone of your comments, I would guess you are not in such a
successful group.

>> Before I am accused of "White privilege," My mother died and left me
>> medical bills.
>
> Then you're an idiot. Debts are not inheritted. Her credittors
> could take payment from her estate. You didn't have to accept
> medical bills as your own.

One thing I did not mention about my Marine experience, that apparently
you did not experience, is honor. It was the honorable thing to do.
You would have learned that had you not been taught to grab all you can,
whether you deserved it or not. It is apparent that you are a poverty
pimp that feels you are owed what others have whether you did as much as
they did to earn it.

>> My father died and left me a photo of him. Is that
>
> My heart bleeds for you.

My purpose in mentioning my parents, was that success is not distributed
to only those who were given much by their parents. Success is most
often determined by effort. Sorry you missed that lesson in life.

>> white privilege?? I followed the Parris Island quote, and retired at
>> age 49!!!
>
> And you did that without any real estate capital gains because
> you would not take unfair advantage over others.

You DO realize the topic of this thread was book banning, don't you?? I
was responding to a question by a prior poster. You entered real estate
as a topic when no one had mentioned it.

Ken

Feb 6, 2023, 8:00:25 AM2/6/23
Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <trovef$2liod$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Why do you object to teaching ABOUT racism?
>
>> I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
>> of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
>> to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
>> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.
>
> Since the South made explicit statements that they were starting
> the war in order to sustain slavery and propagate into Lousiana,
> Oregon, and Mexican territories, is your argument then that
> slavery is not racist? What do you think about how the South
> kidnapped free blacks in Pennsylvania and sold them into slavery?

You really DO have a reading comprehension problem. I suggest you read
my comments again very slowly. I was not defending the Civil war nor
slavery. I was equating the left's objection to names and statues to
the objection to books. That is the topic of this thread.

>> But when someone is
>> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
>
> Cite who is teaching them.

Do you have a TV in your tent?? Turn on MSNBC, PBS or CNN. If no TV,
get a newspaper and read up on CRT. If you are still unable to do
either of those, turn on a radio and listen to people like Rev. Al
Sharpton or Joe Biden.

>> regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.
>
> Is it your contention that the black neighbourhoods of Tulsa were
> destroyed by blacks?

Tulsa happened early in the 20th century, if I am not mistaken. Let's
discuss New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and in the present
day context. Billions of dollars, if not Trillions, have been spent in
an effort to improve the lives of minorities. The results have been
less than spectacular. Those who succeeded were most often examples of
persistence and effort. (Unless of course if their career path was crime.)

>> You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
>> education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
>> That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.
>
> Since the 14th amendment assumes all people are created equal how
> does equal opportunity result in unequal outcomes?

It is "Equal Opportunity," not "Equal Outcome." Where the hell do you
go to school, or did you go to school?? Using your theory, there could
never be an athlete with better performance because the outcome would be
unfair.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 6, 2023, 9:17:24 AM2/6/23
Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote in news:trqtl5$3399o$1...@dont-email.me:

> I was not defending the Civil war
> nor slavery. I was equating the left's objection to names and statues
> to the objection to books.

Why?

What does one have to do with the other?

Governor Swill

Feb 6, 2023, 9:48:58 AM2/6/23
On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 19:22:49 -0600, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:

>Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 13:18:36 -0600, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>>> But when someone is
>>> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
>>> regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.
>>
>> Did you make that up yourself or is it something you half heard on
>> talk radio?
>>
>> Swill
>> --
>>
>No, it is something I lived. When I was just 18 years old I experienced
>a life changing moment. I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
>first thing the DI said was: "You can do more than you think you can
>do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
>served me well, and that is what is missing in today's youth.
>Especially the black youth. Get off your ass and work to achieve,
>rather than blame racism, the weather, or any other source.
>
>Before I am accused of "White privilege," My mother died and left me
>medical bills. My father died and left me a photo of him. Is that
>white privilege?? I followed the Parris Island quote, and retired at
>age 49!!!

Fine speech and congratulations on digging yourself out of the hole.
Too bad it had nothing to do with the topic being discussed - book
banning in Florida.

Nobody is teaching racism or failure by teaching history accurately
but that is exactly what so many on the right are trying to claim.
It's a lie of course.

Republicans, having built a new party base embracing many southern
racists, is trying to erase the history of the world, or at least as
much of it as they think doesn't make them look good.

Swill

Governor Swill

Feb 6, 2023, 9:51:37 AM2/6/23
On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 06:33:07 -0600, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:

>Siri Cruise wrote:
>> In article <trpkpc$2pgpu$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No, it is something I lived. When I was just 18 years old I experienced
>>> a life changing moment. I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
>>> first thing the DI said was:
>>
>> And everyone knows the DIs are experts in law and economics.
>>
>>> do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
>>
>> If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
>> subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
>> veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?
>
>Did you attend "Stupid School?" You apparently have a reading
>comprehension problem. The question was: "Did you make that up
>yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

Which question you still haven't answered. Your contention that
Florida is banning certain books because they teach racism or failure
is a lie. Where did you hear such a thing?

Swill
--
THEORY is when you know everything but nothing works.

Governor Swill

Feb 6, 2023, 9:55:37 AM2/6/23
On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 07:00:20 -0600, Ken <K...@invalid.com> wrote:

>Siri Cruise wrote:

>>> I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
>>> of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
>>> to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
>>> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.
>>
>> Since the South made explicit statements that they were starting
>> the war in order to sustain slavery and propagate into Lousiana,
>> Oregon, and Mexican territories, is your argument then that
>> slavery is not racist? What do you think about how the South
>> kidnapped free blacks in Pennsylvania and sold them into slavery?
>
>You really DO have a reading comprehension problem. I suggest you read
>my comments again very slowly. I was not defending the Civil war nor
>slavery. I was equating the left's objection to names and statues to
>the objection to books.

You failed.

>That is the topic of this thread.

>>> But when someone is
>>> offended by teaching their children that they are inherently racist
>>
>> Cite who is teaching them.
>
>Do you have a TV in your tent?? Turn on MSNBC, PBS or CNN. If no TV,
>get a newspaper and read up on CRT. If you are still unable to do
>either of those, turn on a radio and listen to people like Rev. Al
>Sharpton or Joe Biden.

And again, you're trying to change the subject while pretending not
to. The topic is book banning in Florida. What books is Florida
banning that teach racism and failure?

>>> regardless of their efforts, and others will never succeed, it is wrong.
>>
>> Is it your contention that the black neighbourhoods of Tulsa were
>> destroyed by blacks?
>
>Tulsa happened early in the 20th century, if I am not mistaken. Let's
>discuss New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and in the present
>day context. Billions of dollars, if not Trillions, have been spent in
>an effort to improve the lives of minorities. The results have been
>less than spectacular. Those who succeeded were most often examples of
>persistence and effort. (Unless of course if their career path was crime.)

The results have been spectacular, in fact. The only people that
don't see it are white bigots.

>>> You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
>>> education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
>>> That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.
>>
>> Since the 14th amendment assumes all people are created equal how
>> does equal opportunity result in unequal outcomes?
>>
>It is "Equal Opportunity," not "Equal Outcome." Where the hell do you
>go to school, or did you go to school?? Using your theory, there could
>never be an athlete with better performance because the outcome would be
>unfair.

The point being that despite all the legislation and the warring
opportunity is still not equal.

Siri Cruise

Feb 6, 2023, 9:00:56 PM2/6/23
In article <trqtl5$3399o$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
wrote:

> >> I find it interesting that many of those complaining about the removal
> >> of some books teaching their readers that they are doomed to failure due
> >> to racism, were actively endorsing the removal of all flags and statues
> >> that reminded them of the south and the civil war.
> >
> > Since the South made explicit statements that they were starting
> > the war in order to sustain slavery and propagate into Lousiana,
> > Oregon, and Mexican territories, is your argument then that
> > slavery is not racist? What do you think about how the South
> > kidnapped free blacks in Pennsylvania and sold them into slavery?
>
> You really DO have a reading comprehension problem. I suggest you read
> my comments again very slowly. I was not defending the Civil war nor
> slavery. I was equating the left's objection to names and statues to
> the objection to books. That is the topic of this thread.

You're whining about racism of your political enemies while
making excuses for CSA racism. You're a hypocrite. I count anyone
making excuses for racism, like you, as a racist.

> > Cite who is teaching them.
>
> Do you have a TV in your tent?? Turn on MSNBC, PBS or CNN. If no TV,
> get a newspaper and read up on CRT. If you are still unable to do

Yes, do read up on CRT. It's a study of how racism in the past
affected the country's history. Since you make excuses for
racism, you feel attacked. If you did not make excuses, but
simply acknowledged the sins of the long ago dead, you would not
feel attacked.

I acknowledge the Anglo-Saxons did mean things to Brythons,
Wealh, and then the Irish, which affected the history of England
and the US. Since my ancestors included english and irish, I'll
ignore any aspersions you cast on those low german tribes.

> either of those, turn on a radio and listen to people like Rev. Al
> Sharpton or Joe Biden.

I don't listen to either. If they bother you, you can choose to
also ignore them.

> Tulsa happened early in the 20th century, if I am not mistaken. Let's
> discuss New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and in the present
> day context. Billions of dollars, if not Trillions, have been spent in
> an effort to improve the lives of minorities. The results have been
> less than spectacular. Those who succeeded were most often examples of

Why then? Since you refuse to acknowledge racism past, like
Tulsa, you have no way to understand what causes unequal
outcomes. So you have no way to try to engineer effective
solutions. Instead you spew trite truisms such as
> persistence and effort. (Unless of course if their career path was crime.)

Which is bullshit if you ever botherred to look closely. It
mostly depends on luck. I haven't been to lose a fortune in real
estate like Don Fatso, because by chance I wasn't born into such
a wealthy family. People like Don Fatso are ashamed they got by
on the luck of the draw make up trite truism and idiots like you
ashamed your persistence and effort hasn't made you a
billionaire, accept the trite truism as your own excuse.

I am a paper millionaire because I had the luck to inherit a
downpayment for a house in a market that has appreciated that
much through no effort of mine own.

> >> You would accomplish more if you taught your children to get an
> >> education, a job, take care of their family, and stay away from crime.
> >> That would do more for them than pissing and moaning.
> >
> > Since the 14th amendment assumes all people are created equal how
> > does equal opportunity result in unequal outcomes?
> >
> It is "Equal Opportunity," not "Equal Outcome." Where the hell do you

Unequal outcome is provable. If all people are created equal and
have equal opportunity, why is the outcome unequal? Given a large
number of people, chance, or luck, has no effect. So by modus
tollens either people are no created equally or they do not have
equal opportunity. Which one are you claiming?

> go to school, or did you go to school?? Using your theory, there could
> never be an athlete with better performance because the outcome would be
> unfair.

Actually statisical method can detect unfair athletics.
Performances should cluster in a normal curve which includes a
few outliers above and below average. The normal curves two
different populations can be compared to compute the confidence
they are the same populations.

Yes, you are invoking this argument everytime you whine how
unfair it is to let trans kids in sports with girls.

And you're still an idiot.

Siri Cruise

Feb 6, 2023, 9:20:42 PM2/6/23
In article <trqs25$330ca$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
wrote:

> >> do. And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own" Those words
> >
> > If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
> > subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
> > veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?
>
> Did you attend "Stupid School?" You apparently have a reading
> comprehension problem. The question was: "Did you make that up
> yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

Nonresponsive. Your shame cleaves your tongue to the roof of your
mouth.

> It is true that the separate but equal laws needed to be changed and
> were changed.

And that undid all the lost opportunities?

> It is also true that preferential treatment was given to

And again you eschew statistics. You dare to be stupid.
> minorities. With little positive results, I might add. There are many
> successful minorities, and it is due to education and effort, rather

Because you eschew math and logic, your argument is not but
unsupported truism which you use to excuse your inaction.

> One thing I did not mention about my Marine experience, that apparently
> you did not experience, is honor. It was the honorable thing to do.

And you're an idiot who hides behind 'honour' to excuse your
stupidity and failures. There are sound economic reasons for
biblical jubilee and bankruptcy. Abandonning old debts frees
money for spending and investment which grows the economy beyond
the losses of uncollected debt.

> > And you did that without any real estate capital gains because
> > you would not take unfair advantage over others.
>
> You DO realize the topic of this thread was book banning, don't you?? I
> was responding to a question by a prior poster. You entered real estate
> as a topic when no one had mentioned it.

Again in your shame your tongue cleaves to the roof of your mouth.

There is a way to discharge your shame:
Then neither do I condemn you, Jesus
declared. Go now and leave your life of sin.

Siri Cruise

Feb 6, 2023, 9:25:10 PM2/6/23
In article <trq3dr$2un72$2...@dont-email.me>,
Gronk <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > Good for Florida....If you don't like our rules, don't come here.
>
> If you say so, kamerad...

Florida, like China, is sovereign and not required to obey the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 18

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and
religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or
belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and
in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in
teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this
right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and
to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any
media and regardless of frontiers.

Mighty✅ Wannabe✅

Feb 6, 2023, 9:34:59 PM2/6/23
Ken wrote on 2/6/2023 7:33 AM:
> Siri Cruise wrote:
>> In article <trpkpc$2pgpu$1...@dont-email.me>, Ken <K...@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No, it is something I lived.  When I was just 18 years old I
>>> experienced
>>> a life changing moment.  I was at Parris Island for boot camp, and the
>>> first thing the DI said was:
>>
>> And everyone knows the DIs are experts in law and economics.
>>
>>> do.  And if you fail, it is no one's fault but your own"  Those words
>>
>> If by law a world war veteran is denied a mortgage and the
>> subsequent capital appreciation, your contention is it the
>> veteran's fault because they were forced to obey red lining laws.?
>
> Did you attend "Stupid School?"  You apparently have a reading
> comprehension problem.  The question was:  "Did you make that up
> yourself or is it something you half heard on talk radio?"

I always saw her taking the short bus but I don't know which school.

Oute le iloa

Feb 6, 2023, 9:58:29 PM2/6/23
On 2/6/2023 4:33 AM, Ken wrote:

> Did you attend "Stupid School?"

I don't think any of us attended school with you, so, no.

>> When the Supremes decided separate is inherently unequal, your
>> contention is the proven inequality had zero effects on wages and
>> factors affecting wages, such non-access to education?
>
> From the tone of your comments, I would guess you are not in such a
> successful group.

From the tone of your comments, I know for sure you're a judgemental
asshole. Fuck off.

Oute le iloa

Feb 6, 2023, 10:00:34 PM2/6/23
On 2/5/2023 5:22 PM, Ken wrote:

> Before I am accused of "White privilege,"  My mother died and left me
> medical bills.   My father died and left me a photo of him.  Is that
> white privilege??

You obviously don't know the actual meaning of white privilege. It has
nothing to do with wealth inherited from parents.

You're living proof that you were a "student" at "Stupid School."

Bradley K. Sherman

Mar 11, 2023, 10:12:39 AM3/11/23
| Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
| Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
| library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
| "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
| survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
| contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
| War II and an assisted suicide.
|
| "Banning 'The Storyteller' is shocking, as it is about the
| Holocaust and has never been banned before," Picoult told
| us in an email.
|
| "Martin County is the first to ban twenty of my books at
| once," Picoult said, slamming such bans as "a shocking
| breach of freedom of speech and freedom of information." A
| coastal county in the southeastern part of the state,
| Martin County is heavily Republican.
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/03/10/ron-desantis-book-bans-martin-county-jodi-picoult/>

--bks

Governor Swill

Mar 11, 2023, 4:01:05 PM3/11/23
Banning books about the holocaust. Hmm . . . how Christian.

Swill
--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

NoBody

Mar 12, 2023, 11:27:46 AM3/12/23
On Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:12:35 -0000 (UTC), b...@panix.com (Bradley K.
Sherman) wrote:

And Bradley thinks it's a good to teach people that assisted suicide
is a good thing...

NoBody

Mar 12, 2023, 11:30:53 AM3/12/23
The book is a work of fiction and thus is not "teaching about the
holocaust" duh... Here's a quote that sums it up:

"The Storyteller ended up being a mix between contemporary and
historical fiction, where part of the story is set in the present and
the rest of the story during WWII. Jodi Picoult has even incorporated
a fantasy story that is written by one of the main characters during
the war"

Bradley K. Sherman

Mar 12, 2023, 11:31:26 AM3/12/23
Kremlin Girl <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> | Numerous titles by well-known authors such as Jodi Picoult,
>> | Toni Morrison and James Patterson have been pulled from
>> | library shelves. The removal list includes Picoult's novel
>> | "The Storyteller" about the granddaughter of a Holocaust
>> | survivor who meets an elderly former SS officer. It
>> | contains some violent scenes told in flashbacks from World
>> | War II and an assisted suicide.

Good on you Kremlin Girl! I figured that even a Russian
troll would not come down on the side of Nazis.

--bks

plateshutoverlock

Mar 12, 2023, 6:20:16 PM3/12/23
On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 7:45:40 AM UTC-8, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
> | using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-could-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not-approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>
> --bks

"We are so glad our god happens to hate the same things we do."

Yahweh - the Mister ED of religion.

Mattb

Mar 12, 2023, 7:07:01 PM3/12/23
On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:34:53 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>

>> | Yes, Florida teachers could face third-degree felony for
>> | using books, literature in classroom not approved by state
>> <https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/verify/florida-teacher-co
>> uld-face-a-third-degree-felony-for-using-books-literature-in-class-not
>> -approved-by-state/77-9f5a087f-8dcd-4a99-afe1-c9c23b6201cd>
>>
>> --bks
>

> Not just using unapproved books
>but even just having them present
>in the classroom.

I'd say both the far left and far right both use this tactic. Bannng
books or editing them. Shit Disney even canceled the song
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

NoBody

Mar 13, 2023, 7:03:25 AM3/13/23
I wouldn't know. How do YOU feel about the Nazis?

> --bks

NoBody

Mar 13, 2023, 7:04:38 AM3/13/23
Oh Bradley???

NoBody

Mar 14, 2023, 7:17:05 AM3/14/23
And the coward riuns away

Bradley K. Sherman

Mar 25, 2023, 9:01:06 AM3/25/23
The DeSantis express is on the wrong track and headed for you:

| A principal of a Florida school has been forced to resign
| after a parent complained that sixth-grade students were
| exposed to pornography.
|
| The complaint arose from a Renaissance art lesson where
| students were shown Michelangelo's statue of David.
|
| The iconic statue is one of the most famous in Western
| history.
|
| But one parent complained the material was pornographic and
| two others said they wanted to know about the class before
| it was taught.
<https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65071989>

--bks

Mattb

Mar 25, 2023, 1:33:54 PM3/25/23
That parent just has a sick mind and the kid or kids should be
removed from his care ASAP.

BTW it seems it is pornographic to the news service sense they did not
show the entire image, ;=))).

Next the father will want history museums closed.