Records sealed 4 Criminally Insane Ronald-son of AZ Gov Brewer

repo

Sep 4, 2010, 10:59:53 PM9/4/10
Criminally Insane Ronald-son of AZ Gov Brewer, had his
criminal records "sealed" in Arizona. Question is why and
at who's request?

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/jan_brewers_crim...
http://tinyurl.com/285efph

Jan Brewer's Criminally Insane Son and His Mysteriously Sealed File
By Paul Rubin & Amy Silverman Sep. 3 2010

It's no secret that Arizona Governor Jan Brewer's son is seriously
mentally ill.
During her years in the state Legislature and as a member of the
Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, she mentioned it often in
passing, and earned a reputation as a big-hearted advocate for the
mentally ill who often put her conservative politics aside to do
right
by one of Arizona's most vulnerable populations.

But during her time as governor, she's mentioned it less. She's caved
to political pressure and allowed vital services to the mentally ill
to be cut.

And something funny's going on with her son's 20-year-old case. On
January 9, 2009, in a very unusual move, his criminal case files were
sealed. But New Times has obtained the police report behind the
incident. More on Ronald Brewer and the governor after the jump.

Ronald Brewer, 46, is not just mentally ill. He was deemed criminally
insane in 1990, following a July 1989 arrest and subsequent
indictment
for the sexual assault and kidnapping of a Phoenix woman. According
a Phoenix Police Department report dated July 29, 1989, Brewer, then
an unemployed 25-year-old, forced his way into a woman's apartment on
West Indian School Road and threatened to hurt her "real bad" if she
didn't engage in sexual acts, including performing fellatio.

According to a police interview with the victim, the entire ordeal
lasted "approximately 20 minutes. During the assault, she feared for
her life and thought the suspect was going to kill her if she did not
cooperate."

Those details are not available for public inspection at county
Superior Court -- even though in a typical criminal case, they
probably would be. On January 9, 2009, Superior Court Judge Pendleton
Gaines sealed the entire case file at the request of Ronald Brewer's
attorney.

On December 1, 2008, President-Elect Barack Obama nominated then-
Governor Janet Napolitano to be the head of Homeland Security. Her
successor? Secretary of State Jan Brewer. Brewer assumed office as
governor on January 21.

The timing is curious.

This marked the first time that Ronald Brewer's entire file was
sealed. Previously, his mental-health files were sealed, which is
typical. Criminal cases are rarely sealed, and then, only parts of
such a case would usually be kept from the public.

Phoenix Newspapers (a.k.a. the Arizona Republic) filed a motion in
July asking the judge to reconsider his January 2009 sealing order.

That motion also is under wraps. The court docket suggests that a
ruling by the judge is pending.

The docket also strongly suggests that Ronald Brewer has several
times
over many years attempted to gain permanent release from his
confinement at the state hospital in Phoenix, and has successfully
won
temporary release at various times.

But, as of now, he remains confined.

Last year -- even as state budget cuts were affecting tens of
thousands of Arizonans -- ground was broken on a new building to
house
the forensics unit at the Arizona State Hospital. Governor Brewer
reportedly was not in attendance on the grounds of the state hospital
where her son is housed, but a member of her staff spoke, sources
tell
New Times.

repo

Sep 5, 2010, 11:30:32 AM9/5/10
On Sep 4, 6:59 pm, repo <Kcajy...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Criminally Insane Ronald-son of AZ Gov Brewer, had his
> criminal records "sealed" in Arizona.  Question is why and
> at who's request?
>
> http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/jan_brewers_crim...http://tinyurl.com/285efph

Ariz Gov Brewer intentionally endangered lives of the
citizens of Arizona and anyone in and around the hospital
where her "Criminally Insane" son Ronald Brewer is being
housed.

The State of Arizona or U.S. top Attorney has a legal obligation to
it's citizens
to initiate an inquiry as soon as possible.

What a mess this Arizona Gov Brewer has caused the state of Arizona
with her lies, and now this.

johnny@.

Sep 5, 2010, 11:35:28 AM9/5/10
On 9/5/2010 10:30 AM, repo wrote:
> On Sep 4, 6:59 pm, repo<Kcajy...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Criminally Insane Ronald-son of AZ Gov Brewer, had his
>> criminal records "sealed" in Arizona. Question is why and
>> at who's request?
>>
>> http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/jan_brewers_crim...http://tinyurl.com/285efph
>>
>> Jan Brewer's Criminally Insane Son and His Mysteriously Sealed File
>> By Paul Rubin& Amy Silverman Sep. 3 2010

You seem to be the only one that's upset.

The majority of American citizens agree with Arizona's immigration laws.

repo

Sep 5, 2010, 11:54:46 AM9/5/10
On Sep 5, 7:35 am, " johnny@." <joh...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 9/5/2010 10:30 AM, repo wrote:
>

> > On Sep 4, 6:59 pm, repo<Kcajy...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> Criminally Insane Ronald-son of AZ Gov Brewer, had his
> >> criminal records "sealed" in Arizona.  Question is why and
> >> at who's request?
>
> >>http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/jan_brewers_crim...
>
> The majority of American citizens agree with Arizona's immigration laws.- Hide quoted text -

Sure I'm upset when the Gov intentially puts lives at risk
by having the Criminal records of her Criminally Insane son
Ronald Brewer SEALED. That means no one has access to them;
those who clean the area, the caregivers, Doctors, nurses, suppliers
of supplies, those visting there kin and friends, the other inmates
etc are ALL in danger because of Ariz Gov Brewer hiding these records
from the public.

johnny@.

Sep 5, 2010, 12:05:03 PM9/5/10

You should be more worried about your president concealing his school
and birth records.

John Galt

Sep 5, 2010, 5:56:40 PM9/5/10
So, are you saying that you don't KNOW what the Gov's kid did? That me
might be a nutjob whose criminal record consists of taking a leak in public?

Your case is slipping....

JG

Ramon F Herrera

Sep 5, 2010, 6:08:45 PM9/5/10

Are Michelle Bachmann's children mentally normal? How about Ann
Coulter's?

Just checking a hypothesis of mine...

-Ramon

repo

Sep 7, 2010, 2:12:42 AM9/7/10
On Sep 5, 7:30 am, repo <Kcajy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Criminally Insane Ronald-son of AZ Gov Brewer, had his
> > criminal records "sealed" in Arizona.  Question is why and
> > at who's request?

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/jan_brewers_crim...

> with her lies, and now this.- Hide quoted text -

repo

Sep 7, 2010, 10:32:38 AM9/7/10

Arizona Gov Brewer's son Ronald did no time for rape,
he was allowed to stay at a mental institution.
What's wrong with this picture; the son of Gov Brewer
rapes and does NO hard time like everyone else, then his
files are sealed. No one can further check into this case
with the files sealed.

Something fishy in Denmark er Arizona- Governor's office.

Info Junkie

Sep 7, 2010, 10:50:18 AM9/7/10

Seems your looking for a conspiracy against Gov. Brewer that doesn't
exist just for the sake of her son:.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33358068/
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Criminally+insane

repo

Sep 7, 2010, 11:11:04 AM9/7/10

How would anyone know unless the records are unsealed
so everyone can examine those records.

Why would the records be sealed of a rapist who
is not a minor? This remains a mystery and will
remain a mystery until the records are unsealed
for the Rapist Ronald Brewer, son of Ariz Gov Brewer.

Given Gov Brewers record on continuous lying,
we cannot believe anything she says, so everything
she says has to be checked out thoroughly including
the matter of her rapist son Ronald.

"A defense asserted by an accused in a criminal prosecution to avoid
liability for the commission of a crime because, at the time of the
crime, the person did not appreciate the nature or quality or
wrongfulness of the acts.

The insanity defense is used by criminal defendants. The most common
variation is cognitive insanity. Under the test for cognitive
insanity, a defendant must have been so impaired by a mental disease
or defect at the time of the act that he or she did not know the
nature or quality of the act, or, if the defendant did know the nature
or quality of the act, he or she did not know that the act was wrong.
The vast majority of states allow criminal defendants to invoke the
cognitive insanity defense.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33358068/http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Criminally+insane-

Info Junkie

Sep 11, 2010, 9:39:31 AM9/11/10

You answered your own question in your initial post. Taking your post
at face-value, readers can presume he was not "deemed criminally
insane" by his mother or anti-Brewer pundits but a qualified
psychiatrist.

> Why would the records be sealed of a rapist who
> is not a minor?  This remains a mystery and will
> remain a mystery until the records are unsealed
> for the Rapist Ronald Brewer, son of Ariz Gov Brewer.

There is no "mystery". His case now becomes part of his medical
record, not a criminal case. Medical records are not considered
accessible for public consumption.

As you posted, some use insanity as a defense to avoid criminal
liability. Seems Ron Brewer did not use insanity as his defense as
he's been classified as insane.

You've already dismissed anything Gov. Brewer has said, and why listen
to a person deemed criminally insane? You final recourse is to go
and ask Superior Court Judge Pendleton Gaines.