DeSantis Roasts Deficit "Deal" - And For Good Reason

24D.234

May 29, 2023, 11:22:32 PM5/29/23
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12136343/DeSantis-tears-McCarthys-debt-deal-says-careening-bankruptcy.html

DeSantis tears into McCarthy's debt deal: Florida governor
says US will STILL be 'careening toward bankruptcy' with
package to increase limit by $4trillion and is proof
Washington 'continues to fail'

He blasted deal to suspend the debt limit through
January 2025

. . .

Doesn't look like The Deal is going to get
past the legislature. Lots of Republicans,
including this prime presidential candidate,
hate it and lots of lefties hate ANY limit
to their "free money" strategy.

So ... it's gonna be 'default'. Can only spend
more than you earn for just SO long.

What's that MEAN ? Lots of hype of course ... on
the whole probably a lot less than the dire
predictions.

SS/Medicare and a few other things are kind of on
their own budget, so consider them relatively safe
despite what the professional doomsayers say.

However, esp with a recession looming, money for
bank failures and paying (non-Chinese) creditors
and such are more likely to experience disruptions.
Debts to China - fuck 'em. We'll get back to you.

Sometimes I wonder if the Bidenites ARRANGED for a
recession so nobody would DARE oppose their high
holy spending packages.

Well, it's not going to work. The legislature is
too divided. The Deal will fail by votes right
AND left.

Oh, and McCarthy didn't earn any brownie points
here ... a lot of his party now considers him a
species of traitor, nearly a RINO.

SO ... expect the recession to proceed. Expect
inflation to proceed. Expect certain govt depts
to not answer your calls for awhile. In the end
there will be a deal - but for somewhat less
than the current one.

This is a mess of our own making - decades on end
of magical economics and the politics of bread and
circuses. Frankly, deficit spending should be ILLEGAL
except in case of declared WAR. Any other tact leads
to disaster. Don't spend more than you make ... it's
the only sane rule for Joe Average AND for his govt.
Not making enough ? Fix THAT - or lower your
expectations. No Ferrari on a Chevy income.

m syadoz

May 31, 2023, 8:51:31 PM5/31/23
Hayley Williams to Fans: If You Vote for DeSantis, You’re Dead to Me
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/hayley-williams-ron-desantis