4% Unemployment Rate for College Graduates

Steve

Oct 3, 2011, 8:30:24 PM10/3/11

http://www.gailminogue.com/4-unemployment-rate-for-college-graduates/

Okay, you don’t believe this???? This is the latest unemployment
figure from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

96% Employment of College Grads

Read it yourself in the August 29th issue of Barron’s (page 5). For
those with only a high school education but no graduation, it is 14%.

The entire leftist agenda revolves around the ridiculous premise that they
have a right to be taken care of by other persons.

Marvin the Martian

Oct 3, 2011, 9:32:32 PM10/3/11
That's an incredible disparity in employment. So, what majors are getting
all the jobs?

As for the leftist aganda, yes. And for those who voted for Obama
thinking they were going to get thousands of dollars in free money who
lost their jobs, I don't feel sorry one damned bit. They're getting
undeserved unemployment insurance payments.

Steve

Oct 3, 2011, 9:39:12 PM10/3/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:32:32 -0500, Marvin the Martian
<mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:30:24 -0400, Steve wrote:
>
>> http://www.gailminogue.com/4-unemployment-rate-for-college-graduates/
>>
>> Okay, you don?t believe this???? This is the latest unemployment
>figure
>> from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
>>
>> 96% Employment of College Grads
>>
>> Read it yourself in the August 29th issue of Barron?s (page 5). For
>> those with only a high school education but no graduation, it is 14%.
>>

>> The entire leftist agenda revolves around the ridiculous premise that
>> they have a right to be taken care of by other persons.
>
>That's an incredible disparity in employment. So, what majors are getting
>all the jobs?

Apparently, most all of them...

Marvin the Martian

Oct 3, 2011, 9:49:56 PM10/3/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:39:12 -0400, Steve wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:32:32 -0500, Marvin the Martian
> <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:30:24 -0400, Steve wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.gailminogue.com/4-unemployment-rate-for-college-graduates/
>>>
>>> Okay, you don?t believe this???? This is the latest unemployment
>>figure
>>> from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
>>>
>>> 96% Employment of College Grads
>>>
>>> Read it yourself in the August 29th issue of Barron?s (page 5). For
>>> those with only a high school education but no graduation, it is 14%.
>>>

>>> The entire leftist agenda revolves around the ridiculous premise that
>>> they have a right to be taken care of by other persons.
>>
>>That's an incredible disparity in employment. So, what majors are
>>getting all the jobs?
>
> Apparently, most all of them...

I don't see much difference in the average high school graduate and an
English or psychology major, as all three are commonly given to ignorant,
rutting animals.

There is some indication that the college grads are more ignorant than
the average high school grad.

Steve

Oct 3, 2011, 9:56:16 PM10/3/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:49:56 -0500, Marvin the Martian
<mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:39:12 -0400, Steve wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:32:32 -0500, Marvin the Martian
>> <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:

>>>figure

>>>That's an incredible disparity in employment. So, what majors are
>>>getting all the jobs?
>>
>> Apparently, most all of them...
>
>I don't see much difference in the average high school graduate and an
>English or psychology major, as all three are commonly given to ignorant,
>rutting animals.

Remember that people pursue a teaching career because that's the
easiest degree to get...

>There is some indication that the college grads are more ignorant than
>the average high school grad.

Not much...

First Post

Oct 3, 2011, 10:16:54 PM10/3/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:49:56 -0500, Marvin the Martian
The perception among most employers is that anyone who has completed
any kind of college degree is someone that is willing to work and will
strive to finish what they start.
From personal experience, particularly looking at those with degrees
in business, medical and technical fields, I can say that most of the
time that perception is correct.
I mentioned the medical professions simply because there is great
demand for for people to fill those positions nation wide and degrees
are a prerequisite for virtually all of them.
I've hired people with degrees in business as well as those with
degrees in electronics, computer science and electrical engineering.
One commonality that I noticed is that such folks, more often than
not, are more focused on what they are doing and being successful at
it than those I've hired with minimal education. They are more eager
to learn their job thus easier to train More often than not my top
producers have been those with college diplomas.

You will occasionally run across a college grad that believes that
their diploma alone garners them a paycheck without producing.
However, with me personally, that will get them terminated very
quickly. That degree also means I expect more from them than I do a
mere high school graduate.

Captain Compassion

Oct 4, 2011, 12:17:39 AM10/4/11
<mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:39:12 -0400, Steve wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:32:32 -0500, Marvin the Martian
>> <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:

>>>figure

>>>That's an incredible disparity in employment. So, what majors are
>>>getting all the jobs?
>>
>> Apparently, most all of them...
>
>I don't see much difference in the average high school graduate and an
>English or psychology major, as all three are commonly given to ignorant,
>rutting animals.
>
>There is some indication that the college grads are more ignorant than
>the average high school grad.

How does that work? Nearly 100% of college grads are also HS grads. So
what you are saying only the most ignorant HS grads attend college.

--
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our
homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. -- Marcus Aurelius

"...the whole world, including the United States, including all that
we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark
Age, made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights
of perverted science." -- Sir Winston Churchill

Joseph R. Darancette
dar...@NOSPAMcharter.net
Message has been deleted

Marvin the Martian

Oct 4, 2011, 11:17:45 AM10/4/11
They gave a test to high school students and college grads. The high
school students scored higher.

It had been four years since these college students had studied basic
civics, so they forgot some. The rest was a bunch of bullshit that they
were "taught" in college.

The neo-conservative David Horowitz did the study.

Old Baye

Oct 4, 2011, 12:45:39 PM10/4/11
On 10/3/2011 10:37 PM, China Blue Corn Chips wrote:
> In article<nnkk871ef7rnseg55...@4ax.com>,
> And how many of those graduates were government sponsorred through grants or
> reduced tuition state colleges?
>
> I'm surprised you're only now learning about this stuff. That's why liberals
> support higher education.

Oh yes, support, tax, enable, and then use tenure to insure teachers fit
their LIBERAL preferences.
Message has been deleted

Sid9

Oct 4, 2011, 1:23:46 PM10/4/11

"China Blue Corn Chips" <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Make a decision, idiot. Government support for lots of better paying jobs
> in the
> US, or no government support and all the best jobs go to India and China.
>
> --
> Celle est une langue. | With the nutty taste of wild hickory nuts.
> C'est francais /|\ I'm whoever you want me to be.
> et tres, tres sexuel. \|/ Annoying Usenet one post at a time.
> - China Azul | At least I can stay in character.

There's a PROVEN inverse relationship to education and employment.
The more education you have the less likely you are to be unemployed...even
today.

Our government profits from an educated populace.
They create more GDP and they pay more taxes and they live better.

Education of our people is an excellent investment.

The last figures I saw from the BLS:

College grads? 4.5% unemployed
HS Grads? 8.5% unemployed
Less than HS? 14.5% unemployed

Old Baye

Oct 4, 2011, 1:28:15 PM10/4/11
On 10/4/2011 10:11 AM, China Blue Corn Chips wrote:
> Make a decision, idiot.

Shut your festering cakehole, partisan ideologue.

http://www.ebireflections.com/2/5/6
As you might guess, discrimination is high on the agenda at the Society
for Personality and Social Psychology conference where psychologists
discuss racial prejudice, homophobia and sexism. Yet, remarkably the
most controversial speech at this year’s meeting held in late January
was by Professor Jonathan Haidt from the University of Virginia.

After polling his audience on political views, Haidt found that almost
all were politically liberal. He counted a grand total of three
conservatives. “This,” he noted, “is a statistically impossible lack of
diversity,” after pointing out that 40 percent of Americans describe
themselves as conservatives. To the consternation of those in
attendance, Professor Haidt concluded that social psychologists are a
“tribal-moral community” united by “sacred values” that hinder genuine
research and damage the credibility of the discipline. Furthermore, this
insularity blinds researchers to the hostile climate they have created
for non-liberals.

When women or minorities are underrepresented by a factor of two or
three in social psychology research, discrimination is invariably
employed as an explanation, but when conservatives are underrepresented
by a factor of more than 100, alternate explanations are sought. Almost
all the research on the Academy points out the overwhelming liberal bias
that prevails among the professoriate. In so many instances I am
familiar with, young conservative scholars are fearful of expressing
their political views since this could be used against them in tenure
and promotion decisions.

Dr. Haidt argues that disciplines such as sociology, psychology and
anthropology have long attracted liberals, but they became exclusive
after the 1960s when the fight for civil rights against racism became a
“sacred cause.” According to him, if a group circles around sacred
values, it will evolve into a “tribal-moral community” in which science
will be embraced when it supports the cause and dismissed when it does not.

All one has to do to affirm this conclusion is recall how Larry Summers,
former president of Harvard, was ostracized for wondering whether the
preponderance of male professors in math and science might be due partly
to the variance in I.Q. scores among men and women. This was simply not
a permissible hypothesis for many academics.

Dr. Haidt has urged his colleagues to focus on shared science rather
than shared moral values. And to the surprise of many, the Society did
vote to put a statement on the group’s home page welcoming psychologists
with “diverse perspectives.” In some quarters this is a notable victory.

While I applaud Dr. Haidt’s efforts, and note that he is a former
liberal-turned-centrist who did not deliver his remarks out of some
political bias, there is still much to be done and spoken about in
institutions of higher learning. Despite the fact that Democrats
outnumber Republicans by nearly 12 to one in American universities, this
is not on its face a cause for concern. It is the translation of
political views into specific curriculum orientations that poses the
great challenge.

After all, if education is to be open and predicated on rational
exchange, “sacred causes” should not influence the character of
instruction. Those students recruited into the circle of moral doctrine
are in fact detached from the essential elements of scholarship.

Professor Haidt has revealed a foundational truth about his discipline.
But this is merely the thin edge of the wedge, since many disciplines
are facing the same provincial locution. The question remains: To what
extent has higher education been fatally compromised by the intrusion of
“sacred values” over scientific dispassion and is recovery even possible?

Buster Norris (Cracks Pansy Dem's Heads and Laughs At Them)

Oct 4, 2011, 8:10:15 PM10/4/11
possibly an actual retard under medical supervision.

[][][][][][]
The DemocRAT Hall Of Shame http://www.democrathallofshame.com/ asks
"Why do you always LIE?"

Courtesy of Buster Norris:

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:30:12 -0400, "Sid9" <si...@belsouth.net> wrote:

>The United States is one of the lowest tax nations. Only Japan, Korea,
>Turkey, and Mexico have lower income tax.

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taxation Statistics > Components of taxation >
Social security > Employees contribution
# 1 Poland: 29%
# 2 Portugal: 27.1%
# 3 Mexico: 17.9%
# 4 Germany: 17.6%
# 5 Netherlands: 16.6%
# 6 Japan: 16.3%
# 7 Austria: 13.7%
# 8 Greece: 12.7%
# 9 Switzerland: 12%
# 10 United States: 11.7%
# 11 Luxembourg: 11.3%
# 12 Korea, South: 11.1%
# 13 Czech Republic: 10%
# 14 Belgium: 9.9%
# 15 France: 9.3%
# 16 Slovakia: 8.5%
# 17 Norway: 7.7%
= 18 Turkey: 6.8%
= 18 United Kingdom: 6.8%
= 20 Canada: 6.2%
= 20 Hungary: 6.2%
# 22 Sweden: 5.8%
= 23 Spain: 5.6%
= 23 Italy: 5.6%
# 25 Finland: 4.7%
# 26 Ireland: 4.5%
# 27 Denmark: 2.7%
# 28 Iceland: 0.3%
= 29 Australia: 0%
= 29 New Zealand: 0%
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/tax_com_of_tax_soc_sec_emp_con-components-social-security-employees-contribution

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallofshame.com/

Ray Fischer

Oct 7, 2011, 2:40:50 AM10/7/11
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote:

>http://www.gailminogue.com/4-unemployment-rate-for-college-graduates/
>
>Okay, you don’t believe this???? This is the latest unemployment
>figure from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

So where's the link to the BLS web site, rightard?

>The entire leftist agenda revolves around the ridiculous premise that they

The entire rightard agenda revolves around theft on a massive scale.

rfis...@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal

Raymond C Fischer, 90 Hunt Way, Campbell, CA 95008; 408-374-1969

Oct 7, 2011, 8:53:28 PM10/7/11
been exposed, frequently revert to behavior most similar to a zoo
monkey who sits in the cage throwing feces at passersby but saying
nothing of value.

Raymond C. Fischer (54)
(Louise Fischer)
90 Hunt Way
Campbell, CA 95008
408-374-1969

[][][][][][]

On 05 Aug 2011 07:59:20 GMT, rfis...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>>Because when Bush left office the US was losing 700,000 jobs every
>>>month.
>>Which of course doesn't explain why we continue to lose jobs 2.5 years
>>later.
>That's explained simply by pointing out that you're a liar and the US
>is actually gaining jobs every month, and has been doing so for quite
>a while now.
>www.bls.gov

Oops! Caught lying...

Data extracted on: August 5, 2011
Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Series Id: LNS13000000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Unemployment Level
Labor force status: Unemployed