Re: China-Made Cars Are Taking Over the World

26C.Z968

Jan 29, 2023, 11:30:05 AM1/29/23
On 1/29/23 9:42 AM, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> On 2023-01-29, Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen> wrote:
>> max headroom wrote on 1/29/2023 6:54 AM:

> Didn't know Volvo was a Chinese brand, now. That's interesting.

It's getting confusing. To a POINT you could claim that
almost ALL cars are "Chinese brands" strictly due to the
volume of China-made PARTS in them. Just because I put
a jig-saw puzzle together doesn't mean it was manufactured
on my table.

>>> You can get them from Amazon. I have one each in Kindle, hardcover,
>>> and paperback. I love to pick Mao's brain. I love his thoughts. He is
>>> my idol.
>>>

>> OMG!!! I want to have my own copy of Mao's  'Little Red Book' too. LOL!!!

What's the title ... "Mao's handbook for wannabe totalitarians" ???

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 29, 2023, 12:30:20 PM1/29/23
When I was in college (back when the earth was still cooling), it was kinda
in fashion to carry that book around. Perhaps it still is in certain
circles....

--
"Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous; now at last
it declares Itself to me, now in this misery." -Holderlin

26C.Z968

Jan 29, 2023, 7:59:32 PM1/29/23
And if you go carryin' pictures of chairman Mao ......

I know it was fashionable in the 60s (dunno how many
ever actually READ the thing). These days you can still
buy one, but an actual dog-eared 60s rescue would make
you look more impressive, kinda like being first in line
for the very latest iPhone (selfie !). Try old book shops,
esp on the left coast.

Mao's book was propaganda, designed to provide a thin
layer of philosophical gilding over a reality of
totalitarian horrors. A left-ish version of Mein Kampf.

26C.Z968

Jan 29, 2023, 8:18:00 PM1/29/23
On 1/29/23 4:23 PM, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> On 2023-01-29, Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen> wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 19:06:10 +0000, Mitchell Holman
>> <noe...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Rockinghorse Winner <Rockin...@amgen.com> wrote in news:tr61op$2ph0u$8
>>> @dont-email.me:

>>> Americans watching Chinese made televisions
>>
>> Mine's Korean
>>
>>> and Chinese made cell phones
>>
>> Mine's Korean
>>
>>> and wearing Chinese made clothes and using Chinese made computers
>>> would have an issue with Chinese made cars?
>>
>> Absolutely. But then, if you don't understand this, you're probably
>> not an American.
>
> It was difficult enough for Kia and Hyundai to attract a base here. But
> China is a different kettle of fish. First of all, there's the geo-politics
> involved with China. Second, is the issue of quality control, which is suss
> even when the Chinese are NOT in complete control (like with Apple, etc).

Chinese QC is about like Russian QC. If you ever owned
a Russian industrial product you'll know what I'm
talking about. QC is a matter of how much vodka the crew
had for breakfast.

Kia and Hyundai eventually DID make it (Kia's actually rank
very high on the "most reliable" list (NO American cars there)).

Japan (at least USED to be) very paranoid about QC and "image".
Had a Japanese car in the early 80s, taking off from a red light
the whole rear-end stripped out. JUST within coasting range was
a dealership (that kind of thing has happened to me more than
once - weird). His guy looked at it, said "We have one of those
in the storage shed" and an hour later I was cruising again at
NO CHARGE. QC is a reason Japanese cars cost more. "Status" is
the reason certain Euro cars cost more.

Oh, BOTTOM of the reliability list - Porsche :-)

Mighty✅ Wannabe✅

Jan 29, 2023, 8:25:16 PM1/29/23
The "Little Red Book" was officially called "Quotations from Chairman
Mao Tse-Tung". Mao's book was a collection of snippets of Mao's public
speeches. His followers sought his guidance through reading that Little
Red Book.

Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung: The Little Red Book
https://www.amazon.com/Quotations-Chairman-Mao-Tse-Tung-Little/dp/1790752809

Hitler's Mein Kampf (My Struggle) was more like Hitler's
autobiographical manifesto.

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 29, 2023, 8:51:58 PM1/29/23
On 2023-01-30, 26C.Z968 <26C....@noaada.net> wrote:
> On 1/29/23 12:30 PM, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-26/how-china-is-quietly-dominating-the-global-car-market?leadSource=uverify%20wall

> LOL!!!
> >>

> >> What's the title ... "Mao's handbook for wannabe totalitarians" ???
> >>

> > When I was in college (back when the earth was still cooling), it was
> kinda
> > in fashion to carry that book around. Perhaps it still is in certain
> > circles....
>

> And if you go carryin' pictures of chairman Mao ......
>
> I know it was fashionable in the 60s (dunno how many
> ever actually READ the thing). These days you can still
> buy one, but an actual dog-eared 60s rescue would make
> you look more impressive, kinda like being first in line
> for the very latest iPhone (selfie !). Try old book shops,
> esp on the left coast.
>
> Mao's book was propaganda, designed to provide a thin
> layer of philosophical gilding over a reality of
> totalitarian horrors. A left-ish version of Mein Kampf.

100

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 29, 2023, 8:58:04 PM1/29/23
On 2023-01-30, 26C.Z968 <26C....@noaada.net> wrote:
While I do like Russian watches (very hard to get now!), I couldn't agree
with you more.

26C.Z968

Jan 29, 2023, 9:55:52 PM1/29/23
They do/did? make some decent watches - well, it's a "curio"
vote there too.

Had a Russian motorcycle once. It was one of the "improved"
ones. The original imports were SO bad that you literally
had to buy two of them so you could assemble one that ran :-)
The 'curio' factor was that many of the bits were still made
with the original BMW tooling Russia stole at the end of WW2.

Governor Swill

Jan 30, 2023, 6:11:05 AM1/30/23
On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:29:52 -0500, "26C.Z968" <26C....@noaada.net>
wrote:

>On 1/29/23 9:42 AM, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

>> Didn't know Volvo was a Chinese brand, now. That's interesting.

Jaguar is Indian.

> It's getting confusing. To a POINT you could claim that
> almost ALL cars are "Chinese brands" strictly due to the
> volume of China-made PARTS in them. Just because I put
> a jig-saw puzzle together doesn't mean it was manufactured
> on my table.

Some years ago I read an article to the effect that, in a sense, there
weren't any imported cars anymore simply because the industry had gone
global. The US considers cars built in Canada to count as domestic.

Components, dashboards and other sub assemblies are made all over the
planet. Ford's ecotec 4 cylinder that goes into domestically
assembled cars are made in the UK. VW has been making engines,
transmissions and whole cars in Mexico and Brazil since at least the
nineteen sixties. BMW gets away with calling Rolls Royce a British
made car because all the parts, including body components, which are
made in BMW plants on the continent, are shipped to the UK for final
assembly.

Toyota builds all it's Tundra trucks for US sale in Texas. Honda
builds all US sold Accords here. Asian and European carmakers abound
in the non union south.

" One major reason for the excess capacity is foreign automakers’
three-decades-long building spree of new auto plants.

"Foreign automakers operate 19 auto assembly plants in the United
States, and that number continues to grow. Volvo opened a plant
earlier this year. Toyota and Mazda are jointly building a new plant
in Alabama. BMW is in the process of expanding its plant in South
Carolina, already its largest factory in the world, and it is
considering adding an engine plant in the United States, too. "
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/economy/us-auto-plant-glut/index.html

And so it goes.

Swill
--
A Week In the [Short] Life of a Russian Tank Commander

o You finish one month tank training course.
o You are sent to fight in "special military operation."
o Colonel Fuckoffski informs you that you are fighting NATO Main
Battle Tanks
o When you ask what kinds and how many, he responds, "Da."
o He further informs you they are designed to fight modernized T-72's
and T-90's
o You are assigned an unmodernized T62
o Crew informs you main gun not working due to stolen copper wiring
o Voices with Ukrainian accents start making cat noises over open
comms - Klaus Schadenfreude

Glory to the Heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Slava Ukraina!

Hisler

Jan 30, 2023, 5:44:37 PM1/30/23
On 1/30/2023 4:10 AM, Governor Swill wrote:
> "Foreign automakers operate 19 auto assembly plants in the United
> States, and that number continues to grow. Volvo opened a plant
> earlier this year. Toyota and Mazda are jointly building a new plant
> in Alabama. BMW is in the process of expanding its plant in South
> Carolina, already its largest factory in the world, and it is
> considering adding an engine plant in the United States, too. "

These foreign automakers that build in the U.S. pick areas where the
demographic majority is very Nordic (Northern European) in "stock".
They avoid areas with demographics like Detroit and Indianapolis, for
the same reasons that General Motors closed plants in Flint, Youngstown,
and Detroit. It's ironic that in the "Great Migration" Southern Blacks
went north to work in the auto assembly plants and many automakers went
to the places the Blacks left to take advantage of the white workforce
that never left those places.

--
"Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to
aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic

And it's 1, 2, 3, 4 what are fighting for? Don't ask me I don't give
dam, the next stop is Banderastan!

https://www.globalgulag.us

Nem Tudom

Jan 30, 2023, 7:08:45 PM1/30/23
On 1/30/2023 2:44 PM, Hisler wrote:

> These foreign automakers that build in the U.S. pick areas where the
> demographic majority is very Nordic (Northern European) in "stock".

Daimler's plant in Alabama, between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, draws its
labor force from regions where white people are not at all in the
"demographic majority," you ignorant racist fucktard.

BMW builds in South Carolina, and VW builds in Tennessee.

> It's ironic that in the "Great Migration" Southern Blacks went
> north to work in the auto assembly plants and many automakers went to
> the places the Blacks left to take advantage of the white workforce that
> never left those places.

It's even more ironic to note that ignorant racist fucktards like
you don't realize that there is auto manufacturing in South Carolina,
Alabama, and Tennessee.

Fuck off, you racist dipshit.

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 30, 2023, 8:52:57 PM1/30/23
On 2023-01-30, Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com> wrote:
> On 1/30/2023 4:10 AM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> "Foreign automakers operate 19 auto assembly plants in the United
>> States, and that number continues to grow. Volvo opened a plant
>> earlier this year. Toyota and Mazda are jointly building a new plant
>> in Alabama. BMW is in the process of expanding its plant in South
>> Carolina, already its largest factory in the world, and it is
>> considering adding an engine plant in the United States, too. "
>
> These foreign automakers that build in the U.S. pick areas where the
> demographic majority is very Nordic (Northern European) in "stock".
> They avoid areas with demographics like Detroit and Indianapolis, for
> the same reasons that General Motors closed plants in Flint, Youngstown,
> and Detroit. It's ironic that in the "Great Migration" Southern Blacks
> went north to work in the auto assembly plants and many automakers went
> to the places the Blacks left to take advantage of the white workforce
> that never left those places.

Hello, friend. I don't think race entered at all into the calculations. Do you have any
evidence to back up your claims?

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:02:51 AM1/31/23
On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:44:34 -0700, Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com>
wrote:

>On 1/30/2023 4:10 AM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> "Foreign automakers operate 19 auto assembly plants in the United
>> States, and that number continues to grow. Volvo opened a plant
>> earlier this year. Toyota and Mazda are jointly building a new plant
>> in Alabama. BMW is in the process of expanding its plant in South
>> Carolina, already its largest factory in the world, and it is
>> considering adding an engine plant in the United States, too. "
>
>These foreign automakers that build in the U.S. pick areas where the
>demographic majority is very Nordic (Northern European) in "stock".

You mean like Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi?

Honda
<https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1985450/Honda_30_Million_Autos.jpg?w=600>

BMW
<https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OGsCCZ62m1c/maxresdefault.jpg>

Nissan
<https://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/Nissan/us/experience_nissan/newsevents/where-are-nissans-made/nissan-powertrain-assembly-decherd-tennessee-d.png>

Mercedes
<https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2020/10/20/NTTN/ba328222-a733-422b-8f3d-7f5dac6e5bdf-TUS_MercedesMaybach111.JPG?width=660&height=421&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp>

Volkswagen
<https://images.seattletimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/urn-publicid-ap-org-fd23211920d3133d6717af3b51bc262cVolkswagen-Tennessee_52892.jpg?d=780x543>

Toyota
<https://s3-prod.autonews.com/s3fs-public/3HUNTSVILLE-MAIN_i.jpg>

Subaru
<https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ER-PatkWsAI9DOx?format=jpg&name=4096x4096>

Your brain is for more than keeping your ears from slamming together.

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 12:04:06 AM1/31/23
Mississippi, Georgia, Texas . . .

Hisler

Jan 31, 2023, 12:31:50 PM1/31/23
On 1/30/2023 10:02 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:44:34 -0700, Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/30/2023 4:10 AM, Governor Swill wrote:
>>> "Foreign automakers operate 19 auto assembly plants in the United
>>> States, and that number continues to grow. Volvo opened a plant
>>> earlier this year. Toyota and Mazda are jointly building a new plant
>>> in Alabama. BMW is in the process of expanding its plant in South
>>> Carolina, already its largest factory in the world, and it is
>>> considering adding an engine plant in the United States, too. "
>>
>> These foreign automakers that build in the U.S. pick areas where the
>> demographic majority is very Nordic (Northern European) in "stock".
>
> You mean like Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi?

Yes. There are counties within each of those states that look
demographically more like Denmark than Congo. Those are the counties
where the foreign automakers built their factories.

Governor Swill

Jan 31, 2023, 6:28:57 PM1/31/23
On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:31:48 -0700, Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com>
wrote:

>On 1/30/2023 10:02 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:44:34 -0700, Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com>
>> wrote:

>>> These foreign automakers that build in the U.S. pick areas where the
>>> demographic majority is very Nordic (Northern European) in "stock".
>>
>> You mean like Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi?
>
>Yes. There are counties within each of those states that look
>demographically more like Denmark than Congo.

Counties that look like Denmark in the *south*? You're from Idaho,
aren't you?

>Those are the counties
>where the foreign automakers built their factories.

And your proof of your bullshit is . . .

Oh, you don't have any?

Swill

Nem Tudom

Jan 31, 2023, 10:47:42 PM1/31/23
On 1/31/2023 3:28 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:31:48 -0700, Hisler <his...@nym.hush.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/30/2023 10:02 PM, Governor Swill wrote:

>>> You mean like Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi?
>>
>> Yes. There are counties within each of those states that look
>> demographically more like Denmark than Congo.
>
> Counties that look like Denmark in the *south*? You're from Idaho,
> aren't you?

Pretty sure he's from Dumbfuckistan. Says so in crayon on his
"passport."

>> Those are the counties
>> where the foreign automakers built their factories.
>
> And your proof of your bullshit is . . .
>
> Oh, you don't have any?

Too stupid to understand that those factories are in commute belts
and people of all colors and sizes come in to work there. That's
what it's like to be a card-carrying denizen of Dumbfuckistan.

Tôi không biết

Feb 3, 2023, 6:47:35 PM2/3/23
On 1/31/2023 9:31 AM, Hisler wrote:

> Yes. There are counties within each of those states that look
> demographically more like Denmark than Congo.  Those are the counties
> where the foreign automakers built their factories.

That's a lie, you brain-dead racist piece of shit.

Those factories are in COMMUTE BELTS and draw their labor force from
all over their regions.

Eat shit, you worthless vermin.

Governor Swill

Feb 4, 2023, 12:44:24 AM2/4/23
On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 15:47:31 -0800, Tôi không bi?t <_un...@stand.ing>
wrote:
The Nazi thinks it makes sense to build a plant employing several
thousand out in the sticks with an unskilled and undereducated local
population of a several thousand in an attempt to "whiten" their
workforce.

Ford's Blue Oval City in Haywood County, TN is located on dirt cheap,
low tax real estate off the I-40 corridor between Memphis, pop
630,000, and Jackson, TN, pop 68,000 north of the Mississippi state
line. This puts it within easy commuter range of between 700,000 and
800,000 potential workers in two states.

There is a VW factory just outside of Chattanooga and the Nashville
metro area hosts plants for Toyota and Nissan.

Swill
--
Reality is an acquired taste - Matthew Perry

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine!