Vietnamese court sentences US citizens to 14 years in jail

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 26, 2018, 2:11:47 PM8/26/18
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/22/vietnamese-court-sentences-us-
citizens-to-14-years-in-
jail.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork

HANOI, Vietnam – A court in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City sentenced two
Americans of Vietnamese descent to 14 years in jail on Wednesday after
finding them guilty of attempting to overthrow the government, state media
reported.

James Nguyen and Angle Phan, alleged members of the California-based
Provisional Central Government of Vietnam, were convicted of assigning
group members to distribute anti-state leaflets, take over radio stations
to broadcast anti-government messages and participate in anti-state
protests, the official Vietnam News Agency said.

Ten local members of the group were convicted on the same charges in the
two-day trial and sentenced to between five and 11 years in prison, it
said.

The two American citizens will be deported after serving their sentences,
it said.

"The defendants' acts are particularly serious, violating national
security, sabotaging the country's stability and development, causing
instability in political and social order and going against the interests
of the state," the agency quoted the judges as saying.

Court officials were not available for comment Wednesday.

"We will continue to monitor Mr. Nguyen's welfare, advocate for him and
provide consular services until his release," U.S. Embassy spokesman Pope
Thrower said in a statement.

In January, the Ministry of Public Security declared the little-known
group a terrorist organization, a month after 15 of its local members were
convicted and sentenced up to 16 years in prison for an alleged failed
bombing at Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City.

Despite sweeping economic reforms since the mid-1980s that opened the
country to foreign trade and investment and made the country one of
fastest growing economies in the world, the Communist government tolerates
no challenge to its one-party rule.

Some Western governments and international human rights groups have
criticized Vietnam for jailing people for peacefully expressing their
views. The Vietnamese government says only law breakers are put behind
bars.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Aug 26, 2018, 2:15:48 PM8/26/18
On 8/26/2018 11:11 AM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/22/vietnamese-court-sentences-us-
> citizens-to-14-years-in-
> jail.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork

Another dead link proffered by the Fake News Media.

Byker

Aug 26, 2018, 8:19:52 PM8/26/18
"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 8/26/2018 11:11 AM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
>> http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/22/vietnamese-court-sentences-us-citizens-to-14-years-in-jail.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork
>
> Another dead link proffered by the Fake News Media.

Worked OK for me: https://tinyurl.com/y8hjk8x3

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Aug 27, 2018, 10:13:36 AM8/27/18
I guess my 200 gb speed is too slow.

a425couple

Aug 27, 2018, 11:52:04 AM8/27/18
On 8/26/2018 11:11 AM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/22/vietnamese-court-sentences-us-
> citizens-to-14-years-in-
> jail.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork
>
> HANOI, Vietnam – A court in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City sentenced two
> Americans of Vietnamese descent to 14 years in jail on Wednesday after
> finding them guilty of attempting to overthrow the government, state media
> reported.
>
> James Nguyen and Angle Phan, alleged members of the California-based
> Provisional Central Government of Vietnam, were convicted of assigning
> group members to distribute anti-state leaflets, take over radio stations
> to broadcast anti-government messages and participate in anti-state
> protests, the official Vietnam News Agency said.
>
> Ten local members of the group were convicted on the same charges in the
> two-day trial and sentenced to between five and 11 years in prison, it
> said.
>
> The two American citizens will be deported after serving their sentences,
> it said.

Well,,,,, they certainly got off easier than Sophie Scholl
and her fellow members of the White Rose society did!

Vietnam does not have a constitutional amendment with the
rights to free speech and bearing arms!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Scholl
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose

Whang! Teach them college students to pass notes after class!

Himler

Sep 9, 2018, 4:56:37 AM9/9/18
On 26 Aug 2018, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> posted some

> "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message
>
> On 8/26/2018 11:11 AM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
>>> http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/22/vietnamese-court-sentences-us
>>> -citizens-to-14-years-in-jail.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&in
>>> tcmp=obnetwork
>>
>> Another dead link proffered by the Fake News Media.

That's Strzok calibre Army intellect at work. He couldn't figure out how
to read Hillary's emails, and duh colonel can't figure out how to click
hyperlinks.

> Worked OK for me: https://tinyurl.com/y8hjk8x3

Me too.