Biden's Clueless FAA Pick DROPS Candidacy

27E.G756

Mar 27, 2023, 12:20:25 AM3/27/23
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11903947/Biden-administrations-FAA-Administrator-nominee-Phil-Washington-withdrawal-nomination.html

Biden's pick for US FAA Administrator pulls out of the race
after GOP critics slammed his lack of experience - as US air
travel deals with catalogue of shambolic near-misses

Phillip Washington, 65, is withdrawing his nomination after
Republican criticism

CEO of the Denver International, he had no experience in aviation
before 2021

. . .

Well, at least he was honorable. He didn't know SHIT about
actual aviation ... he just knew how to run the airport biz
end. That's just fine - EXCEPT for someone who is supposed
to fix detailed aviation issues that threaten constant
disaster these days.

Someone with an air-traffic control background, or pilots'
background, is the needed candidate. Someone with practical
nuts-n-bolts knowledge.

Governor Swill

Mar 27, 2023, 3:02:30 AM3/27/23
Being a businessman, he seems more a Republican sort of pick than a Dem one.

Swill
--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Frank

Mar 27, 2023, 2:50:26 PM3/27/23
On 3/27/2023 12:20 AM, 27E.G756 wrote:
> Phillip Washington, 65

Looking him up, I see he only checks one box so his qualifications were
minor.

27E.G756

Mar 27, 2023, 9:09:51 PM3/27/23
Well, he was a BIZ guy, I suppose pretty good at it. The
BIG PROBLEM is that FAA badly needs a TECHNICAL guy to
deal with the serious current issues. Traffic control is
a very complex high-tech process, lots of interacting
systems, software probs, potential emergent behaviors, not
to mention the human factors in the air and on the ground.
FAA needs a geek or at least someone who's good a putting
geeks on the right path. Some NASA team boss perhaps.

Why was he chosen ? Hate to say it, but it was probably
a racist move. Hardly anything new in this administration.

Kelsey Trondheim

Mar 27, 2023, 9:14:21 PM3/27/23
It was identity politics. Pick a minority, a Trans, etc regardless of qualifications.
I watched the hearings and even though I'm not a pilot I was able to answer at least a couple of
technical questions he was asked. He is probably very good at running an airport but heading up the
FAA requires a technical person, not a managerial type. And right now the FAA is a disaster.

--
Kelsey Trondheim

“It is only when they go wrong that
machines remind you how powerful they are.”

27E.G756

Mar 27, 2023, 11:54:09 PM3/27/23
The FAA is within a hairs-breadth of getting LOTS of
people KILLED. That'll put a huge stop on not only
passenger service but commercial/freight service
as well. That'd be a national disaster. Most USA
commerce is based on "Just In Time" delivery rather
than massive local warehousing. Just a few weeks
of no air freight and vast numbers of biz would
go belly-up.

Which begs the question - does someone, or group of
someones, WANT disaster (and a virtual end to air
travel) ? Greta would love that, and she has many
many supplicants, some in high positions .........

It is clear Joe wants to play "identity politics"
far more than actually FIXING THE PROBLEMS. We
kinda expect that. Oh, and try to sue Joe and
friends when YOUR relatives, and vital biz, go down
literally in flames ...

I don't care WHO he hires to fix the FAA/Air-Traffic -
'white', 'black', 'Chinese' or Martian. But he has to
hire someone WHO CAN *DO* IT.

Frank

Mar 28, 2023, 8:48:34 AM3/28/23
Trouble is picking people on basis he does makes them impossible to fire
without alienating that community. Buttigieg is perfect example.

Siri Cruise

Mar 28, 2023, 12:35:52 PM3/28/23
In article <tvunn1$3odet$3...@dont-email.me>,
Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote:

> [...]

If we want to learn lessons from business, the higher the
manager, the less they know about the business. Managers don't go
out on the shop floor and make wealth. Their job is manage
employees, facilities, investments, projects, and all that to
keep production coordinated and goal oriented.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

pothead

Mar 28, 2023, 6:08:20 PM3/28/23
Now there is a totally useless gasbag if ever there was one.
He is completely inept for the job of transportation secretary.
Pothole Pete couldn't even run his own town when he was mayor.
Being book smart doesn't equate to being able to do a certain job.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Frank

Mar 28, 2023, 6:55:42 PM3/28/23
Janet Yellen is another example, not nearly as bad and has an extensive
background in economics but for the large part academic which we all
know is not the real world.

27E.G756

Mar 28, 2023, 9:09:16 PM3/28/23
On 3/28/23 12:35 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:

> If we want to learn lessons from business, the higher the
> manager, the less they know about the business. Managers don't go
> out on the shop floor and make wealth. Their job is manage
> employees, facilities, investments, projects, and all that to
> keep production coordinated and goal oriented.

Beyond bottom-level managers they really don't even
do much to usefully manage/guide the employees because
they DON'T KNOW WHAT ANYONE DOES OR HOW IT WORKS.

The job of middle-management is to pretend they're
"doing something" (oh, and to be the sacrificial
pawns in case something goes wrong).

The job of upper management is to rake in as much
money and power as possible for themselves and
place blame for errors on those lower-level managers.

'Dilbert' had it right all along.

Anyway, Joe BADLY needs someone who actually understands
ATC system or people are gonna die. It seems to be an
insanely difficult system technically and the people
issues just add to that. Hey, Gen Y/Z in charge ...
chaos follows.

27E.G756

Mar 28, 2023, 9:12:27 PM3/28/23
Well ... there's ACTUAL economics, when 2-3=BigProblem and
then there's "political economics"/"political math" where
2-3=WhateverGetsYouElected.

Governor Swill

Mar 28, 2023, 10:29:44 PM3/28/23
On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 21:09:03 -0400, "27E.G756" <27E....@noq24u.net> wrote:

> Anyway, Joe BADLY needs someone who actually understands
> ATC system or people are gonna die. It seems to be an
> insanely difficult system technically and the people
> issues just add to that. Hey, Gen Y/Z in charge ...
> chaos follows.

You'd think that as much as the deficit is that gummint would have found a way to update
the computers and software used by FAA. Ditto the Weather Service. The EU weathers
service is doing a much better job of modeling weather in North America than we are.

Swill
--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Dr. Jade Helm

Mar 28, 2023, 10:34:51 PM3/28/23
I recall that United Airlines was bragging that, in the name of equity,
it wants half its pilots to be diversity hires withing 3 years. If you
watched that deer in the headlights look on Phillip Washington as he was
questioned by members of a congressional committee with regard to the
most basic elements of flight safety, just imagine people just like him
in the captain's seat on a commercial airliner. I am reminded of the
captain of the Argentina soccer team that won the world cup telling the
Washington Post "journalist" who complained that Argentina didn't have
enough Blacks on its team, "We're a country, not a Hollywood movie."
Biden's diversity hires (like Lloyd Austin) point to FJB thinking that
his administration is a cast for a Hollywood movie, not top notch people
meant to run a First World nation.

--
You voted for student loan forgiveness. You got demographic replacement
and World War 3.

"Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to
aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic
transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring
unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to
enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and
abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits
bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States
in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection
1324(a)(3)."

https://www.globalgulag.us

pothead

Mar 29, 2023, 8:04:50 AM3/29/23
It's obvious Yellen hasn't a clue what she is doing.