LOL... Forced To Admit They Were Wrong About The Great Barrier Reef And Its Coral... Greenies Now RATIONALIZE, It's The "Wrong Kind" of Coral

AlleyCat

Aug 7, 2022, 11:30:04 PM8/7/22

It's the Wrong Kind of Coral

As word of the recovery of the Great Barrier Reef spreads, the inevitable
rationalization from alarmists appears. In response to a tweet thread by Bjorn
Lomborg, we have the following:

Originally tweeted by (((TheTracker))) (@IdiotTracker) on August 7, 2022.

Sigh. Internet law of bullshit asserts itself. You know this is going to be
bullshit, but proving it is going to be a real chore.

=====

Bjorn Lomborg
@BjornLomborg
-
Follow
Doesn't fit the narrative, but

Great Barrier Reef: Better than ever

Two-thirds of all reefs hit all-time high in 2022

https://aims.gov.au/monitoring-great-barrier-reef/gbr-condition-summary-2021-
22...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZj7-0pWAAMbXD9?format=png&name=small

8:43 AM - Aug 7, 2022

=====

So, coral cover did hit a high point, in the context of four mass bleaching
events in the last seven years:

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/great-barrier-reef-coral-cover-2022-record

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZkJNfQUUAILd_e.jpg

It was mostly a fast-growing, frail variety of coral. So perhaps what we're
looking at here is the bleaching events having killed off some of the more
sturdy, long-lived corals and this fast-growing stuff is flourishing like scrub
bushes after a wildfire.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZkJgEwVEAEQ3IE.jpg

There is no truth to his suggestion scientists are trying to downplay or
conceal these numbers. I found stories about them everywhere: Axios, the
Guardian, the Washington Post, etc., etc.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZkK7oJUsAAq7f0.jpg

Originally tweeted by (((TheTracker))) (@IdiotTracker) on August 7, 2022.

I did my part of the social media dance.

Charles Rotter
@crotter8
-
Follow
British media in 1991. It's the wrong kind of snow.

Climate hysterics in 2022. It's the wrong kind of coral.
Terry Hughes
@ProfTerryHughes
"Mature coral coverage"?

Rapid increases in cover in parts of the northern and central #GreaBarrierReef
since mass coral bleaching in 2016/7 are driven by larval recruitment and fast
growth of juvenile weedy corals.

You can't replace a dead 50 year-old coral in 5 years.
3:41 PM - Aug 7, 2022

=====

August: So Far

Cold July In Australia
Monthly Chills Across Scandinavia
Freezing Southern African Nights
"Unusually Cold Outbreak" To Hit New Zealand
July In Antarctica Was Another Colder Than Average Month
Record Chills In Madagascar
Heavy Snow Closes New Zealand Roads