Mock Nonpartisan / Third Party - Vote Here!

James Ogle

Mar 19, 1995, 1:04:43 PM3/19/95

This is a mock election for a leader of the "Non-partisan
/ Third Party Coalition". I am asking for your vote for who you think
should lead the coalition. Please email your choice(s) in order of
preference. This is an informal vote-count by me which I will publish
April after 1st. So far, I've received 23 #1 votes and 13 ballots
with multiple rankings for various candidates.

Choices:

Candidate's Name Candidate's Party

Aaron Russo Constitution Party (CP)
Misha Bogatirev Environmentalist Party (EP)
Randy Toler Green Party (GP)
Bruce H. Webber Green Party (GP)
Ross Perot independent
Lowell Weicker independent
Harry Browne Libertarian Party (LP)
William Buckley Libertarian Party (LP)
Ron Paul Libertarian Party (LP)
Irwin Shiff Libertarian Party (LP)
Noam Chomsky unknown
Richard DuPertuis unknown
George Foreman unknown
Michael Moriaty unknown
Ralph Nader unknown
Michael Parenti unknown
Colin Powell unknown
Paul Tsongas unknown, appears to have left Dems
NOTA (none of the above)

To vote, please list your choice(s) in order of preference and either
post your choice(s) here, or e-mail your vote to me in privacy.

I welcome all related information about the candidates, and I welcome
new nominations of those that are not Democrats or Republicans
that can be confirmed as such with some certainty.

I *really* wish that you would post your very interesting comments
here for everyone, instead of only sending them to me. I'm only
asking for your ballot here.

It's just an informal count, so I apologize in advance for any
mistake or inconsistencies.

--James

James Ogle

Mar 19, 1995, 11:27:25 PM3/19/95
This is a mock election for a leader of the "Nonpartisan

/ Third Party Coalition". I am asking for your vote for who you think
should lead the coalition. Please email your choice(s) in order of
preference. This is an informal vote-count by me which I will publish
April after 1st (?). So far, I've received 25 #1 votes and 14 ballots

with multiple rankings for various candidates.

Choices:

Candidate's Name Candidate's Party

Aaron Russo Constitution Party (CP)
Misha Bogatirev Environmentalist Party (EP)
Randy Toler Green Party (GP)
Bruce H. Webber Green Party (GP)
Ross Perot independent
Lowell Weicker independent
Harry Browne Libertarian Party (LP)
William Buckley Libertarian Party (LP)

Douglass J. Ohman Libertarian Party (LP)

Ron Paul Libertarian Party (LP)

Irwin Schiff Libertarian Party (LP)
Noam Chomsky unknown
Richard DuPertuis unknown, Green or Environmentalist?

George Foreman unknown
Michael Moriaty unknown

Ralph Nader unknown, ran as independent in '92?
Michael Parenti unknown
Colin Powell unknown, many believe he's an independent?
Paul Tsongas unknown, appears to have left Dems?

NOTA (none of the above)

To vote, please list your choice(s) in order of preference and either
post your choice(s) here, or e-mail your vote to me in privacy.

I welcome all related information about the candidates, and I welcome
new nominations of those that are not Democrats or Republicans

that can be confirmed as such with some certainty. Please post
any related comments as a follow-up.

It's just an informal count, so I apologize in advance for any

mistakes or inconsistencies.

--James

James Ogle

Mar 21, 1995, 10:01:49 PM3/21/95
"Many Americans do not realize that we could institute proportional
representation for most elections in the U.S. without amending the
Constitution. In helping to educate the public about the potential
for voting reform, [CV&D] can play a central role in a pro-democracy
movement right here in America!" --John Anderson

1980 independent presidential candidate John B. Anderson has been
nominated to run for president in this mock election.

This has really brought me to a problem, because Anderson
could be the strongest leader possible for nonpartrisan / third
party coalition, but I believe that he is currently registered as a
Republican. But, because both he AND Jesse Jackson have been
nominated in this race, and because both of them are such strong
supporters of proportionalism which would legitimize such a
coalition, I am forced to include both Anderson and Jackson among
the choices in the mock election because both of them have either
switched parties in the past or have publicly indicated that they could
easily leave in the future, and both have been nominated.

This is a mock election for a leader of the "Non-partisan
/ Third Party Coalition". I am asking for your vote for who you think
should lead the coalition. Please email your choice(s) in order of
preference. This is an informal vote-count by me which I will publish
April after 1st.

Choices:

Candidate's Name Candidate's Party

Aaron Russo Constitution Party (CP)
Misha Bogatirev Environmentalist Party (EP)
Randy Toler Green Party (GP)
Bruce H. Webber Green Party (GP)

John B. Anderson independent, maybe Republican?

Ross Perot independent
Lowell Weicker independent
Harry Browne Libertarian Party (LP)
William Buckley Libertarian Party (LP)

Douglass J. Ohmen Libertarian Party (LP)

Ron Paul Libertarian Party (LP)

Irwin Schiff Libertarian Party (LP)
Noam Chomsky unknown
Richard DuPertuis unknown, Environmentalist or Green?
George Foreman unknown
Jesse Jackson unknown, could leave Dems and go where?
Michael Moriaty unknown

Ralph Nader unknown, ran as independent in 92?

Michael Parenti unknown
Colin Powell unknown, appears to be independent?
Paul Tsongas unknown, appears to have left Dems?

NOTA (none of the above)

To vote, please list your choice(s) in order of preference and either
post your choice(s) here, or e-mail your vote to me in privacy.

I welcome all related information about the candidates, and I welcome
new nominations of those that are not Democrats or Republicans

that can be confirmed as such with some certainty, or that have
been independent in the past or indicated that they would be in the
in the future under certain circumstances.

It's just an informal count, so I apologize in advance for any

James Ogle

Mar 22, 1995, 7:59:10 PM3/22/95
This is a mock election for a leader of the "Non-partisan
/ Third Party Coalition". I am asking for your vote for who you think
should lead the coalition. Please email your choice(s) in order of
preference. This is an informal vote-count by me which I will publish
here after April 1st.

[...]

Example: 1) Mo
2) Larry
3) Curly
Clinton

I welcome all related information about the candidates, and I welcome
new nominations of those that are not Democrats or Republicans

and that can be confirmed as such with some certainty, or those that have
been independent in the past or those that have indicated that they would
switch away from the demopublican party in the future under certain
circumstances.

It's just an informal count, so I apologize in advance for any
mistakes or inconsistencies.

--James

--
"The current "first-past-the-post" system is undemocratic. |
On that ground alone, it needs to needs to be replaced." | joo...@netcom.com

James Ogle

Mar 22, 1995, 11:17:33 PM3/22/95
With voting still open until April 1st, I would like to post
the results with the first 50 votes in. Libertarian Harry Browne
has jumped out in front of the pack with nine votes. Chompsky is
second with five votes. NOTA and Bogatirev are tied for third with four
votes. Many of the choices were eliminated with 17 ranked ballots.

The mock election will continue until April 1st.
Therefore, I will continue taking ballots until March 31st at 11:59 pm.

--James

: This is a mock election for a leader of the "Non-partisan

: Choices:

: I welcome all related information about the candidates, and I welcome

d...@cruzio.com

Mar 23, 1995, 9:08:40 AM3/23/95

I emphasize that candidates needn't be associated with a party
or run for a party. John Anderson ran_against_ the Democratic
nominee in '80, didn't he? And against the Republican.