Watch: Katie Hobbs Giggles When Asked to Swear `I Will Support the Constitution'

Ubiquitous

Jan 4, 2023, 8:09:46 AM1/4/23
Democrat Katie Hobbs, who was sworn in as Arizona’s 24th governor on Monday,
giggled while taking her oath, triggering criticism across social media.

Video shows Hobbs repeating her oath, pausing and looking away before
repeating, the phrase “do solemnly swear.”

When it came to the section “that I will support the Constitution,” Hobbs
again paused and snickered, urging others to “stop” while laughing. She
eventually repeated the line.

Her reaction generated a significant amount of criticism across social media.

“Katie Hobbs bursting out laughing when she is asked to repeat her support
and defense of the Constitution,” Tyler Bowyer, a “7th Generation Arizonan
and conservative activist,” remarked as others deemed the moment “childish”
and a “criminal travesty.”

“This is really hard to watch all I can say,” one said, as another added that
it is “shameful this is even happening.”

Absolutely appalling.
— RAM (Richard Armande Mills) (@RAMRANTS) January 2, 2023

Childish.
— Brian Glenn (@brianglenntv) January 2, 2023

A criminal travesty.
— Wiley_Knows (@wiley_knows) January 2, 2023

Shameful
— Sherrie Parvino (@SherrieVP) January 2, 2023

WATCH: Katie Hobbs literally bursts into snickering and outright
laughter on-camera when swearing oath to the Constitution as Governor
of Arizona

This is what they REALLY think of you and the Constitution…
pic.twitter.com/Vuq5q6AUzO

— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) January 2, 2023

Katie Hobbs laughs and stammers while taking the oath of office
pic.twitter.com/3SDTflRudT
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) January 2, 2023

Her swearing-in comes more than a week after an Arizona District Court Judge
ruled against Hobbs’ Republican challenger Kari Lake, ultimately upholding
Hobbs’ victory.

--
Let's go Brandon!