COUP REPORT: Communist democrats Unveil [Power grab...] Long-Shot Plan To Expand Size Of Supreme Court From 9 To 13

Leroy N. Soetoro

Apr 17, 2021, 3:02:24 PM4/17/21
https://www.npr.org/2021/04/15/987723528/democrats-unveil-long-shot-plan-
to-expand-size-of-supreme-court-from-9-to-13

Liberal congressional Democrats unveiled a proposal Thursday to expand the
number of seats on the U.S. Supreme Court from nine to 13 — a move
Republicans have blasted as "court packing" and which has almost no chance
of being voted on after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she has "no plans
to bring it to the floor."

The measure, the Judiciary Act of 2021, is being co-sponsored by Reps.
Jerrold Nadler, chair of the House Judiciary Committee; Hank Johnson of
Georgia; Mondaire Jones of New York; and Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts.

"We are not packing the Supreme Court, we are unpacking it," Nadler said
at a news conference in front of the Supreme Court.

In a statement, Nadler, a congressman from New York, said the bill would
"restore balance to the nation's highest court after four years of norm-
breaking actions by Republicans led to its current composition."

At issue is the makeup of the Supreme Court, where conservatives now have
a 6-3 majority. Democrats and liberal activists say this ensures the high
court will strike down almost any legal challenge to the Biden
administration's legislative priorities.

Progressive groups remain enraged at what they see as Republican
manipulation of the Supreme Court nomination process to give former
President Donald Trump two appointments to the court: first, by blocking
former President Barack Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court for nearly a
year, and then by rushing through Amy Coney Barrett's nomination just over
a month after Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death. Trump also appointed Brett
Kavanaugh following the retirement in 2018 of Anthony Kennedy.

The bill to expand the size of the Supreme Court is hardly a surprise,
given that it's the only mechanism to change the court's composition
without a constitutional amendment. Congress has changed the number of
justices seven times in the course of U.S. history, but the last time was
immediately after the Civil War.

Some scholars argue that Congress could also pass legislation limiting the
number of years a justice could serve — most proposals are for 15- or 18-
year terms. But the Constitution says that Supreme Court justices and
other federal judges "shall hold their offices during good behavior," and
that has long been interpreted to mean they cannot be removed except by
impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction by the Senate.

Changing that would seem to require a constitutional amendment, which
requires approval by two-thirds of the House and Senate, and three-
quarters of the states. So the expansion bill, requiring only a simple
majority of both chambers, is an easier way to go.

"We are here today because the United States Supreme Court is broken. It
is out of balance, and it needs to be fixed," Markey said at the news
conference. "Too many Americans view our highest court in the land as a
partisan, political institution, not our impartial, judicial branch of
government.

"Too many Americans have lost faith in the court as a neutral arbiter of
the most important constitutional and legal questions that arise in our
judicial system, and I'm disappointed to say too many Americans question
the court's legitimacy," he said.

Republicans were scathing in their response to the measure. Senate
Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky accused Democrats of
"threatening judicial independence from the steps of the court." Sen. Tom
Cotton of Arkansas tweeted that the move would "destroy the court."

But the bill has a grim future even without GOP opposition. Asked about
the proposal at her weekly news conference, Pelosi said: "I have no plans
to bring it to the floor."

The House speaker added: "I support the president's commission to study
such a proposal."

President Biden signed an executive order last week setting up a
bipartisan commission to study reforming the court, and, among other
things, examining the size of the court and the justices' lifetime
appointments. The announcement marked the culmination of a campaign
promise Biden made when repeatedly pressed on whether he would expand the
Supreme Court to pack it with justices more aligned with his worldview.

As a Democratic candidate, Biden said he opposed expanding the court but
said he favored the kind of bipartisan commission his White House has
since unveiled.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.