Re: "CNN analyst: You don’t have a constitutional right to interstate travel"

BeamMeUpScotty

Sep 11, 2021, 1:28:35 PM9/11/21
On 9/11/21 1:04 PM, ed...@post.com wrote:
> On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 10:43:46 AM UTC-4, David Hartung wrote:
>> https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/cnn-analyst-you-dont-have-a-constitutional-right-to-interstate-travel-you-do
>>
>> [...]
>> I am begging you with tears in my eyes: Please consider hiring analysts
>> who know what they’re talking about.
>>
>> The left-wing cable network hosted a panel on Friday scolding the
>> percentage of the country that is still unvaccinated against the
>> coronavirus. CNN medical analyst Leana Wen argued the privileges that
>> come with being a U.S. citizen also come with responsibilities.
>>
>> If you want your privileges, she explained, then you have to do your part.
>>
>> “There are privileges associated with being an American,” Wen said,
>> "that if you wish to have these privileges, you need to get vaccinated.
>> Travel, and having the right to travel interstate — it’s not a
>> constitutional right as far as I know to board a plane."
>>
>> She added, “If you want to stay unvaccinated, that’s your choice. But if
>> you want to travel, you better go get that vaccine.”
>>
>> Fun fact: Freedom of movement between the states is a bit more than a
>> “privilege.” It’s a fundamental constitutional right.
>> [...]
>>
>> While I would posit that the airline has a right to require vaccination
>> of those who wish to use their aircraft, the author of this story is
>> correct. Freedom of movement is a fundamental right. I would also argue
>> that since those at risk in on an aircraft with an unvaccinated
>> passenger would be other unvaccinated passengers, not those who have
>> already had the disease or who have been vaccinated, a policy of
>> requiring the vaccine is foolish.
>
> An airline restricting a passenger's freedom of movement due to the passenger not being vaccinated flies in the face of your claim that freedom of movement is a fundamental right. It either is or isn't,

You can't climb in the car with someone at a traffic light and demand to
be dropped off at your destination. They're private vehicles.

AMTRAK is a different story, the government can't spend money and
DISCRIMINATE, as in NO BLACKS or BLACKS IN THE BACK....

That goes for all persons... "equal protection of the law" is the part
that says GOVERNMENT can't make a law that discriminates because we all
pay taxes so we all have the RIGHT to government access, and that
includes the government funded transportation. Yes funding is done by
law and it's called an appropriations law... which means the "equal
protection" CLAUSE is in effect.

--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is we talk about it*
We hate censorship. Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you.
Make them prove it with actual verifiable facts and science. And if you
didn't find the duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you
then you didn't dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the
Marxist-Democrat plan that says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have
a lack of transparency and then lie about everything".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
290 - Democrats attack people for their politics, TRUMP says it's wrong
and he's like us, he gets attacked also.

That makes us just like TRUMP so... is it any wonder that the more
people the LEFTIST HATE GROUPS ALIENATE with their WOKE policies and the
more freedoms that the Democrats steal, the more people will flock to
follow TRUMP.