Rob Forrest, bodyguard who was screwing obese Democrat Nashville Mayor Megan Barry, pleads guilty to theft

Porking Pigs

Aug 24, 2019, 8:08:25 PM8/24/19
You're a sick man, Rob Forrest. Sticking your dick in something
that looks like that.

Former Mayor Megan Barry's bodyguard Rob Forrest pleaded guilty
Tuesday to felony theft after an investigation by the Tennessee
Bureau of Investigation into their affair.

Forrest pleaded guilty to theft of property over $10,000 and was
given three years' probation.

More: Nashville Mayor Megan Barry resigns from office as part of
guilty plea to felony theft charge

More: David Briley sworn in as Metro Nashville's eighth mayor

More: Nashville police chief condemns Rob Forrest's 'betrayal of
the citizens'

The plea was one development during a chaotic day in Nashville
that also saw Barry plead guilty to a felony theft count related
to the affair and resign as the city's mayor.

District Attorney Glenn Funk's office said Tuesday that Forrest
admitted he had improperly received more than $10,000 in city
compensation "for time he reported as work hours which were
actually personal time with Megan Barry," according to a
statement from the office.

As a term of Forrest's probation, he is required to reimburse
Nashville $45,000 paid to him as salary, a sum that "represents
an acceptable figure for his increase in hours and pay in
contrast to other members of (Barry's) detail," according to
Funk's office.

More: Editorial | Move Nashville past scandal and toward
achievement again

More: Mayor Megan Barry resignation: Community leaders react to
stunning news

As of late Tuesday, Forrest had not yet paid back the money,
though Funk's office confirmed Barry earlier that day had
reimbursed the city $11,000 — Forrest's Metro-funded travel
expenses during the affair — that she was ordered to pay as her
probation condition.

According to Davidson County Sheriff's Office records, Forrest
was booked into the Metro jail downtown at 12:36 p.m and
released from custody at 2:11 p.m.

At the request of Funk, TBI has closed its criminal
investigation into Barry and Forrest, the agency confirmed
Tuesday afternoon.

Amid news of affair, Forrest retired from police department
During Barry's time in office, Forrest earned over $170,000 in
overtime, more than the combined amount of the other officers on
the security detail.

More: Nashville Mayor Megan Barry resigns from office; 'I love
you, Nashville,' she says

More: Nashville Mayor Megan Barry resigns: 5 things to know

Barry admitted to an affair Jan. 31 with Forrest, who oversaw
the mayoral security detail for 14 years.

He retired that same day after over 31 years with the department.

Forrest is slated to get a $6,691 monthly pension, or $80,303 a
year — an amount that increased substantially because of the
overtime he was paid, Metro Nashville records show.

If any of the ongoing investigations reveal he collected
overtime improperly, then Forrest's pension may be reduced,
according to Mark Young, a member of the Metro Employee Benefits
Board and the president of the Nashville Fire Fighters
Association, the local union.

"We’re charged to oversee the pension benefit. Of course we want
to protect it, and if there’s anybody that's receiving a pension
in the amount that they should not be, we need to fix it," Young
said. "If it comes before us, I would be asking that his pension
be adjusted to reflect the correct amount that he earned.”

Mayor Megan Barry pleaded guilty to felony theft or property
over $10,000 in criminal court this morning. She agreed to
reimburse the city, and serve three years probation. Kyleah
Dunn/ USA Today Network - Tennessee

Forrest accompanied Barry, with no other mayoral staff, on 10
out-of-town trips during the affair.

An affidavit made public last month detailed nude photos of a
woman, who appears to be Barry. The photos were taken during two
of the trips and had time stamps that corresponded to time when
Forrest was on duty, according to payroll records.

If Forrest adheres to the terms of his probation, his guilty
plea will be vacated and criminal record will be expunged, his
attorney David Raybin said.

Reporter Mike Reicher contributed to this report.

Chief Steve Anderson's statement on Forrest
"Today’s conditional guilty plea by Rob Forrest and the
associated statement of facts are indicative of his betrayal of
the citizens of Nashville and the men and women of this police
department.

"Forrest was in a unique assignment away from his chain of
command on a daily basis. From all accounts, he had performed
well in that assignment during the Purcell and Dean
administrations.

"Forrest’s supervisors trusted him. We now know that he betrayed
that trust during the Barry administration, leaving behind a
sentiment of disdain among those who continue in their work with
the Metropolitan Police Department.

"I am among those who share that sentiment."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/03/06/robert-forrest-
bodygaurd-who-had-affair-mayor-megan-barry-pleads-
guilty/398576002/