Actor Jokes He And Husband Are Raising Son QØ^H [ [ H XÚY \È IÜÈ Ý ˜ZYÚ Sings To Him About Drag Queens

Ubiquitous

Mar 16, 2021, 10:18:09 AM3/16/21
Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson told Ellen DeGeneres on Monday that he and
his husband, actor Justin Mikita, are raising their 8-month-old son
Beckett to be "gay until he decides to be straight," and showed video
of himself singing to the baby about drag queens.

Explaining to DeGeneres the complexity of discovering the personality
of a new child, Ferguson said, "It's a new person in your life, and
just like anyone else new that comes into your life, it's like, you've
gotta figure out if you like them. It takes a little bit of time."

"[Fortunately], I really do like him. He's a really sweet boy. And it's
been a lot of fun. I've been wanting to become a dad for a long time,"
adding that he plays "a lot of show tunes" for Beckett.

"We're raising him gay until he decides he's straight," the "Modern
Family" actor said, prompting laughter from DeGeneres and the audience.
"On the way back from the hospital, we played Britney Spears because
that was what Justin demanded he listen to. That was his first exposure
to music."

"It's a lot of singing. I'm writing a lot of songs for him. You know,
everything has a song," Ferguson explained, offering the example of a
show tune based on a dirty diaper.

"So, you're raising him gay until he says he's straight," DeGeneres
quipped. "But you'll love him just the same if he is straight, right?"

"Absolutely," Ferguson replied. "He's absolutely going to be, I can
just tell, [he'll] be like such a straight kid. Who knows?"

WATCH:
https://youtu.be/xBk2c-0_tjs

Ferguson went on to recount how among the children's books he is
reading to Beckett, there is one titled "The Hips on the Drag Queen Go
Swish, Swish, Swish." He then played video of himself singing a song to
Beckett about it. Written by Lil Miss Hot Mess, one of the drag queens
behind "Drag Queen Story Hour" with children, "The Hips on the Drag
Queen Go Swish, Swish, Swish" is written for children between the ages
of 4-8, according to Amazon.

Its description reads:

Playing off "The Wheels on the Bus," this nursery rhyme book
from a founder of Drag Queen Story Hour is a fun, freewheeling
celebration of being your most fabulous self.

The Hips on the Drag Queen Go Swish, Swish, Swish encourages
readers to boldly be exactly who they are. Written by a
founding member of the nationally recognized Drag Queen Story
Hour (DQSH), this playful picture book offers a quirky twist
on a classic nursery rhyme by illustrating all of the ways to
"work it". The story plays off "The Wheels on the Bus" as it
follows a drag queen who performs her routine in front of an
awestruck audience. A fun frenzy of fierceness, this book will
appeal to readers of all ages.

--
Trump won.