Re: Kansas GOP Leadership = White Men Only?

Mitchell Holman

May 30, 2023, 10:18:37 PM5/30/23
"Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote in
news:u55i3c$22u27$1...@dont-email.me:

> "Mitchell Holman" <noe...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "Scout" <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote in
>>

>>> "Baxter" <bax02_s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message

>>> Super, then we can expect your full support to restrict and limit
>>> government benefits and spending?
>>

>> Starting with veterans?
>>
>> Veterans sound alarm on McCarthy budget cuts
>> 04/27/23
>>
>> https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3976425-veterans-sound-alarm-on-
>>mccarthy-budget-cuts/
>>

> Except they worked for and earned those benefits.

Benefits the Republicans want to cut.

Do you support that?

Scout

May 31, 2023, 10:50:14 AM5/31/23

"Mitchell Holman" <noe...@verizon.net> wrote in message
As long as it applies to those who enlist after the changes are made. I will
simply note the rest of us have a signed contract.. and legally we could go
to court for a class action suit for breach of contract if our retirement
benefits are reduced.

Now, if somewhere along the line they decided to increase those benefits,
and then later reduced them back down.. well they have the power to do so
unless otherwise stipulated in the contract they made with the service
members.

Lou Bricano

May 31, 2023, 12:15:00 PM5/31/23
On 5/31/2023 7:19 AM, scooter lied:

> "Mitchell Holman" <noe...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> scooter lied:
>>

>>> "Mitchell Holman" <noe...@verizon.net> wrote in message
It doesn't, scooter. It applies to veterans *now*.

Siri Cruise

May 31, 2023, 12:33:17 PM5/31/23
Scout wrote:
> As long as it applies to those who enlist after the changes are
> made. I will simply note the rest of us have a signed contract..
> and legally we could go to court for a class action suit for
> breach of contract if our retirement benefits are reduced.

Quote where the contract makes promises that don't depend on
ongoing legislation.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Scout

May 31, 2023, 4:29:37 PM5/31/23

"Siri Cruise" <chine...@www.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Scout wrote:
>> As long as it applies to those who enlist after the changes are made. I
>> will simply note the rest of us have a signed contract.. and legally we
>> could go to court for a class action suit for breach of contract if our
>> retirement benefits are reduced.
>
> Quote where the contract makes promises that don't depend on ongoing
> legislation.

When it sets forth that the benefits will exist and the date that the
contract was executed.

Just because you change the conditions for those who came later does NOT
absolve you of the conditions that existed at the time the contract took
place.

Hence, vets could sue the federal government for denial of benefits that
existed and were promised at the time the contract took force.

That would be basic contract law 101.

The terms and conditions that existed when the contract was enacted are what
both parties are obligated two. Unless by mutual consent they agree to a
change in the terms of the contract.

Vets served and were promised specific benefits. The government is
contractually, and thus legally obligated to provide them.