Apple's Diversity Chief Is Leaving After Only 6 Months

Leroy N. Soetoro

Nov 19, 2017, 1:30:28 PM11/19/17
http://fortune.com/2017/11/16/apple-executive-diversity-deloitte/

Apple’s diversity chief is leaving the company after holding the job for
only six months.

Denise Young Smith, a 20-year Apple veteran was most recently the
company’s vice president of diversity and inclusion, is stepping down,
Apple confirmed. TechCrunch first reported on Denise Young Smith’s
upcoming departure.

She will be replaced by Christie Smith, a longtime Deloitte human
resources executive. Unlike her predecessor, Christie Smith will not
directly report to CEO Tim Cook, but rather to Deirdre O’Brien, who is
Apple’s human resources chief.

“We deeply believe that diversity drives innovation,” an Apple
spokesperson told Fortune. “We’re thrilled to welcome an accomplished
leader like Christie Smith to help us continue the progress we’ve made
toward a more diverse workplace.”

Earlier this November, Cornell Tech, a joint venture between Cornell
University and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, said Denise Young
Smith would join the engineering school as its executive-in-residence
starting Jan. 2018.

She had irked some critics in May when she commented during a conference,
“There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they’re going
to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life
experience and life perspective to the conversation.” Her comments were
seen by some as insensitive to people of color, women, and members of the
LGBT community, who have long faced an uphill battle in the workplace.

Denise Young Smith later apologized for her comments, saying that they
“were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees
it.”

“For that, I’m sorry,” she said in a staff email. “More importantly, I
want to assure you Apple’s view and our dedication to diversity has not
changed.”

Apple, like many Silicon Valley companies, is struggling to diversify its
workforce, especially in its leadership and in tech jobs. In 2017, only 3%
of its leaders were black, and women held just 23% of tech jobs.

Apple has said that it making improvements, as shown in its latest
diversity report in which it said that “50% of new hires are from
historically underrepresented groups in tech.”

Cook said in 2015: “We are proud of the progress we’ve made, and our
commitment to diversity is unwavering. But we know there is a lot more
work to be done.”

parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.