Re: Michigan's black first gun storage law case was filed in Genesee County

Lincoln Failures

Feb 22, 2024, 4:33:25 AMFeb 22
On 03 Apr 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some
news:t2d7kd$3hntd$2...@news.freedyn.de:

> Of course he is black and a felon. Ever since Obama was elected,
> blacks don't obey any laws in the USA. That stupid cunt Whitmer
> thinks a law will prevent the lawless from being lawless.

Flint — Genesee County prosecutors have filed the first criminal charges
in Michigan under the state’s new “safe storage” firearms law against a
Flint father whose 2-year-old daughter shot herself in the face with a
loaded gun on Valentine’s Day.

Michael Tolbert, 44, faces multiple charges, including first-degree child
molestation, aggravated violation of Michigan’s firearm retention law,
being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and lying to a
police officer during the investigation of a violent crime. He is also
charged with multiple counts of possession of a firearm during the
commission of a felony.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton announced the charges during a news
conference Tuesday in Flint.

https://www.detroitnews.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-
images/2024/02/20/PDTN/72675991007-michael-
tolbert.jpg?width=300&height=382&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
Michael Tolbert

The shooting occurred a day after Michigan’s new safe storage law went
into effect.

“Now that we have this in place, our goal was to give prosecutors tools
because with that right comes extraordinary responsibility,” said state
Sen. Kristen McDonald Rivet, a Bay City Democrat who co-sponsored the bill
. “I never imagined we would need it within days of the law coming into
force, but here we are.”

https://infocisco.biz.id/michigans-first-gun-storage-law-case-was-filed-
in-genesee-county/