B,TMM's support for infanticide

1 view

Dennis

Aug 17, 2008, 11:23:27 AM8/17/08
FROM WORLD NET DAILY

HEAD: Obama's 10 reasons for supporting infanticide

By Jill Stanek (Jill Stanek fought to stop "live-birth abortion" after
witnessing one as a registered nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Ill. In
2002, President Bush asked Jill to attend his signing of the Born Alive
Infants Protection Act. In January 2003, World Magazine named Jill one of
the 30 most prominent pro-life leaders of the past 30 years. To learn more,
visit Jill's blog, Pro-life Pulse.)

I was intimately involved in the five-year process to pass the Illinois
Born Alive Infant Protection Act, testifying before committees twice that
then-state Sen. Barack Obama sat on.

Following are 10 excuses Obama has given through the years for voting
"present" and "no" on the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act, or
BAIPA.

10. Babies who survive abortions are not protected by the Equal Protection
Clause of the Constitution.

Obama, the sole opponent ever to speak against BAIPA, stated on the Illinois
Senate floor on March 30, 2001:

"I just want to suggest ... that this is probably not going to survive
constitutional scrutiny. Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as
a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other
elements in the Constitution, what we're really saying is, in fact, that
they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be
provided to a - child, a 9-month-old - child that was delivered to term.. I
mean, it - it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection
clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then
this would be an anti-abortion statute. For that purpose, I think it would
probably be found unconstitutional."

9. A ban to stop aborted babies from being shelved to die would be
burdensome to mothers.

Before voting "no" for a second time in the Senate Judiciary Committee on
March 5, 2002, Obama stated: "What we are doing here is to create one more
burden on women, and I can't support that."

8. Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a doctor's prerogative.

An Obama spokesman told the Chicago Tribune in August 2004 that Obama voted
against BAIPA because it included provisions that "would have taken away
from doctors their professional judgment when a fetus is viable."

7. Anyway, doctors don't do that.

Obama told the Chicago Sun-Times in October 2004 he opposed BAIPA because
"physicians are already required to use life-saving measures when fetuses
are born alive during abortions."

6. Obama apparently read medical charts and saw no proof.

Also, during a speech at Benedictine University in October 2004, Obama said
"there was no documentation that hospitals were actually doing what was
alleged in testimony presented before him in committee," according to the
Illinois Leader.

5. Aborting babies alive and letting them die is a religious issue.

During his U.S. Senate contest against Obama, Alan Keyes famously said:
"Christ would not stand idly by while an infant child in that situation
died. ... Christ would not vote for Barack Obama, because Barack Obama has
voted to behave in a way that it is inconceivable for Christ to have
behaved."

Obama has always mischaracterized Keyes' condemnation as a blanket statement
against Obama's pro-abortion position, which is untrue. Keyes was pointedly
discussing infanticide.

Nevertheless, induced labor abortion, the procedure that sometimes results
in babies being aborted alive, must be included as one Obama condones. Obama
responded first to Keyes as he recounted in a July 10, 2006, USA Today op
ed: "... [W]e live in a pluralistic society, and . I can't impose my
religious views on another."

4. Aborting babies alive and letting them die violates no universal
principle.

In that USA Today piece, Obama said he reflected on that first answer,
decided it was a "typically liberal response," and revised it: "But my
opponent's accusations nagged at me. ... If I am opposed to abortion for
religious reasons but seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot
simply point to the teachings of my church. I have to explain why abortion
violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths,
including those with no faith at all."

3. Introducing legislation to stop live aborted babies from being shelved to
die was a political maneuver.

During the Benedictine University speech, Obama said, "The bill was
unnecessary in Illinois and was introduced for political reasons," according
to the Illinois Leader.

2. Sinking Born Alive was about outmaneuvering that political maneuver.

Obama has this quote on his website: "Pam Sutherland . of . Illinois Planned
Parenthood . told ABC News, "We worked with him specifically on his
strategy. The Republicans were in control of the Illinois Senate at the
time. They loved to hold votes on 'partial birth' and 'born alive.' They put
these bills out all the time ... because they wanted to pigeonhole
Democrats. ..."

And the No. 1 reason Obama voted against the Born Alive Infant Protection
Act was:

1. Introducing Born Alive was a ploy to overturn Roe v. Wade.

During a debate against Keyes in October 2004, Obama stated: "Now, the bill
that was put forward was essentially a way of getting around Roe vs. Wade.
... At the federal level, there was a similar bill that passed because it
had an amendment saying this does not encroach on Roe vs. Wade. I would have
voted for that bill."

This was a lie on two points.

First, there was no such amendment. Second, both definitions of "born alive"
were always identical. The concluding paragraph changed in the federal
version. But Obama, as chairman of the committee that vetted Illinois'
version in 2003, refused to allow an amendment rendering both concluding
paragraphs identical. He also refused to call the bill and killed it.

The federal paragraph (c) actually weakened the pro-abortion position by
opening the possibility of giving legal status to preborn children, the
opposite of Obama's contention:

Illinois' paragraph (c): A live child born as a result of an abortion shall
be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection
under the law.

Federal paragraph (c): Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm,
deny, expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any
member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being "born alive"
as defined in this section.

At any rate, so what if stopping hospitals and abortion clinics from
aborting babies alive and leaving them to die did theoretically "encroach on
Roe v. Wade"?

Obama was admitting he supported infanticide if that were true.
************
And there are folks here and elsewhere that do no want to learn of this.

Yep, Br-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck, The Magic Mulatto just ain't a right fit to be
President. The boy just ain't got the fundamentals.

Dionysus

Titix

Aug 17, 2008, 3:27:33 PM8/17/08

"Dennis" <no.sur...@never.net> wrote in message
Hahahaha, I was waiting for this... if you righturds don't have anything
else that can
disrupt the opponent's election, get back to the issues that worked before
for the
neocoons. Abortion, gay rights and immigration. It ain't gonna work this
time.
The reason? The country had it with conservatives, the American people have
awaken to the tricks of righturds. None of the three subjects mentioned
above
matters when the country is in such a mess. And if you think the majority of
American
people wants to overturn Roe vs Wade, you're mistaken. I think something is
wrong
with right wingers. Their mentality is set that a great majority of people
care about
their agenda. It's the other way around guys, get off that cool aid.
Oh, yes, swiftboating doesn't work any more either.

Dennis

Aug 17, 2008, 3:25:24 PM8/17/08

"Titix" <nos...@spamfree.com> wrote in message
********
Ya know, 9Titties, you just may be an endorsement for abortion rights.

Dionysus

Titix

Aug 18, 2008, 2:15:58 PM8/18/08

> "Titix" <nos...@spamfree.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dennis" <no.sur...@never.net> wrote in message
> >> FROM WORLD NET DAILY
> >>
> >> HEAD: Obama's 10 reasons for supporting infanticide

I see your IQ is giving you away, boy. Keep this up you'll get smoked out
of this newsgroup.