Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Re: Wimp factory Georgetown reinstates law professor who criticized Biden Supreme Court pick

0 просмотров

Hutchinson's Fairy Tales

не прочитано,
23 окт. 2022 г., 21:45:0223.10.2022
In article <s9b3kf$27ts$2...@neodome.net>
governo...@gmail.com wrote:

> Trump says that it is justly deserved.

Georgetown Law School has reinstated constitutional law
professor Ilya Shapiro from administrative leave, four months
after he was initially barred from teaching for criticizing
President Joe Biden's vow to nominate a black woman to the
Supreme Court.

In a Thursday tweet, Shapiro announced that he would begin work
on Friday as the executive director of Georgetown Law School's
Constitution Center, four months after he was initially set to
start the job.

"It's over - going to work at [Georgetown Law School] tomorrow,"
Shapiro said in the tweet.

It's over - going to work at @GeorgetownLaw @GUConstitution
tomorrow!

Statement to follow.

— Ilya Shapiro (@ishapiro) June 2, 2022

"I'm gratified that I'll get to do the job for which I was hired
more than four months ago," Shapiro said in a statement. "I look
forward to teaching and engaging in a host of activities
relating to constitutional education. As befitting a Center for
the Constitution, all students and participants in my programs
can expect to be accorded the freedom to think and speak freely
and to be treated equally: a diversity of ideas will be most
welcome."

My statement on the ending of my administrative leave and
resuming my duties @GeorgetownLaw @GUConstitution:
pic.twitter.com/4eHNxQhPQi

— Ilya Shapiro (@ishapiro) June 2, 2022

Shapiro had been placed on administrative leave pending an
investigation after he tweeted that Biden should nominate DC
Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Sri Srinivasan to the Supreme
Court seat vacated by retiring Justice Stephen Breyer, but given
the president's vow to nominate a black woman to the court, the
seat would be filled by a "lesser black woman."

The president ultimately nominated DC Circuit Court of Appeals
Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, who is set to assume the position
on the nation's highest court at the end of the court's 2021-22
term.

Shapiro's now-deleted tweet, which he called "inartful," touched
off a firestorm of controversy at the high-profile DC law school
that led to student protesters demanding spaces to cry on campus.

In a statement to the Georgetown Law School community and
provided to the Washington Examiner, Dean William Treanor said
that because Shapiro sent his controversial tweets prior to his
scheduled start date of employment with the law school on Feb.
1, "he was not properly subject to discipline for them."

"As a result, he can begin his work as Executive Director, and
he will, subject to the Law Center's normal Office of Academic
Affairs processes, be able to teach upper-class elective courses
as a senior lecturer," Treanor said.

Treanor said that Shapiro would be required to undergo training
on "implicit bias, cultural competence, and non-discrimination"
as required of all Georgetown Law School senior staff.

"I am deeply aware of the pain this incident has given rise to
in our campus community, particularly but not exclusively among
our Black female students, faculty, staff, and alumni," Treanor
said. "I am thankful for the involvement and commitment of so
many. I know that there will be a range of feelings and concerns
about this resolution, and I am respectful of those differences."

"Georgetown Law is committed to preserving and protecting the
right of free and open inquiry, deliberation, and debate," he
continued. "We have an equally compelling obligation to foster a
campus community that is free from bias and in which every
member is treated with respect and courtesy. I am committed to
continuing to strive toward both of these indispensable goals."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/faith-
freedom-self-reliance/georgetown-reinstates-law-professor-who-
criticized-biden-supreme-court-pick

0 новых сообщений