Re: Wimp factory Georgetown law students demand space to cry

Hutchinson's Fairy Tales

Oct 24, 2022, 2:50:02 AM10/24/22
In article <s9b3kh$27ts$2...@neodome.net>
governo...@gmail.com wrote:

> Trump says that it is justly deserved.

A group of students at Georgetown University Law Center demanded
a space to cry and have catered food while staging a sit-in
protest to promote the firing of embattled professor Ilya
Shapiro.

William Treanor, the dean of the law school, met with the
students during their protest Tuesday and promised the school
would reimburse them for any food they had delivered to the sit-
in.

“I don’t know what it would look like, but if they want to cry,
if they need to break down, where can they go? Because we’re at
a point where students are coming out of class to go to the
bathroom to cry,” one student protester said.

“It is really hard to walk out of class or a meeting in tears,
and you should always have a place on campus where you can go
... reach out to me anytime — anytime — and we will find you
space,” dean of students Mitch Bailin replied.

The student protest came together after Shapiro had been placed
on administrative leave following a tweet critical of President
Joe Biden’s announcement he would nominate a black woman to the
Supreme Court following the retirement of Justice Stephen Breyer.

Shapiro had endorsed D.C. Circuit Court Judge Sri Srinivasan for
the lifetime appointment but said that because of Biden’s
announcement, the nominee would be “a lesser black woman.”

Shapiro says he expects to be cleared from any wrongdoing.

Treanor said the comments from the students were “really
helpful” and said it was “particularly painful” for the
controversy to “be at the start of Black History Month,” the
Washington Free Beacon reported.

The outlet also reported the student protesters demanded Treanor
send an email reminding white students they were only there
because of slavery and “this is something that these people need
to be reminded of.”

Georgetown University did not respond to a request for comment.