* Republican Congressman Mark Foley abruptly resigned from
Congress after "sexually explicit" emails surfaced showing him
flirting with a 16-year old boy.
* Republican Senator Larry Craig was arrested and charged with
lewd conduct for propositioning an undercover police officer for
homosexual sex in a men's washroom, later pleading guilty to a
lesser charge of disorderly conduct.
* Republican executive Randall Casseday of the conservative
Washington Times newspaper pleaded guilty to soliciting sex from a
13-year old girl on the internet.
* Republican chairman of the Oregon Christian Coalition Lou Beres
confessed to molesting a 13-year old girl.
* Republican County Constable Larry Dale Floyd pleaded guilty to
charges of soliciting sex from an 8-year old girl. Floyd has
repeatedly won elections for Denton County, Texas, constable.
* Republican judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling
a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
* Republican Party leader Bobby Stumbo was arrested for having sex
with a 5-year old boy.
* Republican campaign worker Mark Seidensticker is a convicted
* Republican Mayor Philip Giordano is serving a 37-year sentence
in federal prison for sexually abusing 8- and 10-year old girls.
* Republican Mayor Tom Adams was arrested for distributing child
pornography over the internet.
* Republican Mayor John Gosek was arrested on charges of
soliciting sex from two 15-year old girls.
* Republican County Commissioner David Swartz pleaded guilty to
molesting two girls under the age of 11 and was sentenced to 8 years
* Republican legislator Edison Misla Aldarondo was sentenced to 10
years in prison for raping his daughter between the ages of 9 and 17.
* Republican Committeeman John R. Curtain was charged with
molesting a teenage boy and unlawful sexual contact with a minor.
* Republican anti-abortion activist Howard Scott Heldreth is a
convicted child rapist in Florida.
* Republican zoning supervisor, Boy Scout leader and Lutheran
church president Dennis L. Rader pleaded guilty to performing a sexual
act on an 11-year old girl he murdered.
* Republican anti-abortion activist Nicholas Morency pleaded
guilty to possessing child pornography on his computer and offering a
bounty to anybody who murders an abortion doctor.
* Republican campaign consultant Tom Shortridge was sentenced to
three years probation for taking nude photographs of a 15-year old
* Republican racist pedophile and United States Senator Strom
Thurmond had sex with a 15-year old black girl which produced a child.
* Republican pastor Mike Hintz, whom George W. Bush commended
during the 2004 presidential campaign, surrendered to police after
admitting to a sexual affair with a female juvenile.
* Republican legislator Peter Dibble pleaded no contest to having
an inappropriate relationship with a 13-year-old girl.
* Republican advertising consultant Carey Lee Cramer was sentenced
to six years in prison for molesting two 8-year old girls, one of whom
appeared in an anti-Gore television commercial.
* Republican fundraiser Lawrence E. King, Jr. organized child sex
parties at the White House during the 1980s.
* Republican lobbyist Craig J. Spence organized child sex parties
at the White House during the 1980s.
* Republican Congressman Donald "Buz" Lukens was found guilty of
having sex with a female minor and sentenced to one month in jail.
* Republican fundraiser Richard A. Delgaudio was found guilty of
child porn charges and paying two teenage girls to pose for sexual
* Republican activist Mark A. Grethen convicted on six counts of
sex crimes involving children.
* Republican campaign chairman Randal David Ankeney pleaded guilty
to attempted sexual assault on a child and was arrested again five
years later on the same charge.
* Republican Congressman Dan Crane had sex with a female minor
working as a congressional page.
* Republican activist and Christian Coalition leader Beverly
Russell admitted to an incestuous relationship with his step daughter.
* Republican Judge Ronald C. Kline pleaded guilty to possession of
child pornography on his home computer.
* Republican congressman and anti-gay activist Robert Bauman was
charged with having sex with a 16-year-old boy he picked up at a gay
* Republican Committee Chairman Jeffrey Patti was arrested for
distributing a video clip of a 5-year-old girl being raped.
* Republican activist Marty Glickman (a.k.a. "Republican Marty"),
was taken into custody by Florida police on four counts of unlawful
sexual activity with an underage girl and one count of delivering the
* Republican legislative aide Howard L. Brooks was charged with
molesting a 12-year old boy and possession of child pornography.
* Republican Senate candidate John Hathaway was accused of having
sex with his 12-year old baby sitter and withdrew his candidacy after
the allegations were reported in the media.
* Republican preacher Stephen White, who demanded a return to
traditional values, was sentenced prison after offering $20 to a
14-year-old boy for permission to perform oral sex on him.
* Republican talk show host Jon Matthews pleaded guilty to
exposing his genitals to an 11 year old girl.
* Republican anti-gay activist Earl "Butch" Kimmerling was
sentenced to 40 years in prison for molesting an 8-year old girl after
he attempted to stop a gay couple from adopting her.
* Republican Party leader Paul Ingram pleaded guilty to six counts
of raping his daughters and served 14 years in federal prison.
* Republican election board official Kevin Coan was sentenced to
two years probation for soliciting sex over the internet from a
14-year old girl.
* Republican politician Andrew Buhr was charged with two counts of
first degree sodomy with a 13-year old boy.
* Republican legislator Keith Westmoreland was arrested on seven
felony counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition to girls under the age
of 16 (i.e. exposing himself to children).
* Republican anti-abortion activist John Allen Burt was found
guilty of molesting a 15-year old girl.
* Republican County Councilman Keola Childs pleaded guilty to
molesting a male child.
* Republican activist John Butler was charged with criminal sexual
assault on a teenage girl.
* Republican candidate Richard Gardner admitted to molesting his
* Republican Councilman and former Marine Jack W. Gardner was
convicted of molesting a 13-year old girl.
* Republican County Commissioner Merrill Robert Barter pleaded
guilty to unlawful sexual contact and assault on a teenage boy.
* Republican City Councilman Fred C. Smeltzer, Jr. pleaded no
contest to raping a 15 year-old girl and served 6-months in prison.
* Republican activist Parker J. Bena pleaded guilty to possession
of child pornography on his home computer and was sentenced to 30
months in federal prison and fined $18,000.
* Republican parole board officer and former Colorado state
representative, Larry Jack Schwarz, was fired after child pornography
was found in his possession.
* Republican strategist and Citadel Military College graduate
Robin Vanderwall was convicted in Virginia on five counts of
soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet.
* Republican city councilman Mark Harris, who is described as a
"good military man" and "church goer," was convicted of repeatedly
having sex with an 11-year-old girl and sentenced to 12 years in
* Republican businessman Jon Grunseth withdrew his candidacy for
Minnesota governor after allegations surfaced that he went swimming in
the nude with four underage girls, including his daughter.
* Republican campaign worker, police officer and self-proclaimed
reverend Steve Aiken was convicted of having sex with two underage
* Republican director of the "Young Republican Federation"
Nicholas Elizondo molested his 6-year old daughter and was sentenced
to six years in prison.
* Republican president of the New York City Housing Development
Corp. Russell Harding pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography
on his computer.
* Republican benefactor of conservative Christian groups, Richard
A. Dasen Sr., was found guilty of raping a 15-year old girl. Dasen,
62, who is married with grown children and several grandchildren, has
allegedly told police that over the past decade he paid more than $1
million to have sex with a large number of young women.
* Republican petition drive manager Tom Randall pleaded guilty to
molesting two girls under the age of 14, one of them the daughter of
an associate in the petition business.
* Republican County Chairman Armando Tebano pleaded guilty to
fondling a 14-year-old girl.
* Republican teacher and former city councilman John Collins
pleaded guilty to sexually molesting 13 and 14 year old girls.
* Republican legislator Ted Klaudt was charged with raping girls
under the age of 16.
* Republican city councilman Joseph Monteleone Jr. was found
guilty of fondling underage girls.
* Republican congressional aide Jeffrey Nielsen was arrested for
having sex with a 14-year old boy.
* Republican County Commissioner Patrick Lee McGuire surrendered
to police after allegedly molesting girls between the ages of 8 and
* Republican prosecutor Larry Corrigan was arrested for soliciting
sex from 13-year old girls.
* Republican Mayor Jeffrey Kyle Randall was sentenced to 275 days
in jail for molesting two boys -- ages ten and 12 -- during a six-year
* Republican County Board Candidate Brent Schepp was charged with
molesting a 14-year old girl and killed himself three days later.