decline 2021 09

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 4, 2021, 8:30:39 AM9/4/21
<https://archive.is/UGs0x> economist.com

In Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, America intervenes, fails, hastily
departs - and leaves chaos .. THE END OF America's "unipolar moment"
was bound to come sooner or later .. The Pax Americana has not worked.
America has tired of enforcing it, and Arab countries are tired of
having it imposed on them to their detriment .. Fanciful promises,
based on faulty intelligence and overconfident bluster, met with a cold
reality ..

More "cold reality" is coming.

> <https://tinyurl.com/r9xf9u4>
> American politics no longer follows the logic of institutions or the
> law. It follows the logic of dreams.

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 4, 2021, 11:56:36 AM9/4/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ykxrvdqt> townsvillebulletin.com.au

Sky News .. says through its withdrawal from Afghanistan the US has "proved
itself completely incompetent .. America .. has proved itself completely
incompetent and completely uncaring .. $83 billion worth of military
equipment, just sitting there for the Taliban to pick up and use. "I mean,
a small child would know that that is a bad idea." ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/wrhkhq3>
>
> The story of American decline is the story of an incompetent ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 4, 2021, 12:26:15 PM9/4/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yz8vwagf> declineandfall.blog

I believe that America is already in decline. It is inevitable that she will
someday fall .. One of the most likely options is some form of political
disunion .. The United States is rapidly approaching .. Ideas of secession
and dissolution are going to increasingly dominate our national conversation
in the next decade ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yel5mpha>
> The biggest threats to American democracy right now isn't nuclear war
> or terrorism, but the growing narcissism and nihilism ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 4, 2021, 1:11:41 PM9/4/21
<https://tinyurl.com/r8d9dd35> independent.ie

Joe Biden is now the embodiment of US decline

Oh my God. It just gets worse .. The consistent failures of US foreign
policy .. It has a pretty disastrous record when it comes to overseas
adventures ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yz9pel5m>
>
> The U.S. Military Is In Decline

Byker

Sep 4, 2021, 1:15:45 PM9/4/21
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sh06n5$j6m$2...@os.motzarella.org...

> <https://tinyurl.com/yz8vwagf> declineandfall.blog
>
> I believe that America is already in decline. It is inevitable that she
> will someday fall .. One of the most likely options is some form of
> political disunion .. The United States is rapidly approaching .. Ideas of
> secession and dissolution are going to increasingly dominate our national
> conversation in the next decade ..

Yup, and when it happens, the Loonie Left will wish to God that they'd
stayed the hell away from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/075/698/41e.jpg

Hey, little snowflakes, you got a passport? You better get one and hold it
close to your vest. Be prepared to use it on VERY short notice:
https://i.redd.it/w1y6tg1fgiuy.jpg

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 4, 2021, 3:08:36 PM9/4/21
<https://tinyurl.com/y86kduf8> lawliberty.org

The Korean Wave and the Decline of American Order

.. The "Korean wave," .. the South Korean music, films, and television
dramas (K-dramas) .. today enjoy a global fan base. Popular culture is
South Korea's largest export .. Yet the Korean wave may be significant in
another way. It increasingly anchors a popular Asian culture that rivals
American mass culture in the global market.

For seventy years, American global power has rested on a tripod of
strength: military, economic, and cultural. Yet its military pillar has
weakened, as it is not even close to being able to fight two and a half
major wars simultaneously .. Its economic pillar has also weakened,
with China soon to displace the U.S. as the world's largest economy, and
already first when measured by purchasing power. Only the cultural pillar
remains intact, with American culture still popular in the world ..

A potential collapse of America's cultural pillar risks a dangerous
sequence of events, beginning in East Asia .. As the second alternative
to American pop culture in the global market, especially in non-Western
countries where the fastest population growth is occurring, the Korean
wave threatens the world order .. South Korean culture more closely
approximates China's .. K-dramas resist third-wave feminism and remain a
hotbed of "toxic masculinity." .. With China already its largest trading
partner, South Korea wavers in its alliance with the U.S. The South
Korean government already pursues a middle path between China and the
U.S. .. Many South Korean progressives already prefer closer relations
with China ..

Americans should stop deluding their selves with the idea that "America's
cultural pillar remains intact". For many nations and regions, it is no
longer the case. With regard to East Asia, the fact is that the regional
pop-culture is orient-specific, so that most of the Korean, Chinese and
Japanese pop-cultural products have more in common among themselves than
with the American/"western" products, the American showbiz has lost its
chance to predominate there.

> <https://tinyurl.com/suqh6md>
>
> .. the US .. is stuck in a kind of cultural doom loop ..

Byker

Sep 5, 2021, 12:57:31 PM9/5/21
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sh06n5$j6m$2...@os.motzarella.org...

> I believe that America is already in decline. It is inevitable that she
> will someday fall .. One of the most likely options is some form of
> political disunion .. The United States is rapidly approaching .. Ideas of
> secession and dissolution are going to increasingly dominate our national
> conversation in the next decade ..

Yup, and when it happens, the Loonie Left will wish to God that they'd
stayed the hell away from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/075/698/41e.jpg

Hey, little snowflakes, you got a passport? You better get one and hold it
close to your vest. Be prepared to use it on VERY short notice:
https://i.redd.it/w1y6tg1fgiuy.jpg

I told you this yesterday...

Byker

Sep 5, 2021, 1:17:45 PM9/5/21
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sh09cb$5o7$1...@os.motzarella.org...

> Joe Biden is now the embodiment of US decline
>
> Oh my God. It just gets worse .. The consistent failures of US foreign
> policy

Like Russia's is really something to brag about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_evacuation_of_Tallinn

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 5, 2021, 3:18:47 PM9/5/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yfyka7sy> inquirer.com

After Afghanistan failure, what is America prepared to fight for now?

Chinese and Russian propaganda outlets are gleefully trumpeting scenes
of America's "defeat." NATO allies who had troops in Afghanistan are
bitter .. And the final U.S. defeat .. raises questions about whom and
what our country is willing to fight for .. For moral and geopolitical
reasons, the White House needs to demonstrate ..

Indeed, after the Afghan defeat, it's natural to expect that for face
saving reasons the American politicians may try to demonstrate something
somewhere (which will be as costly as usual but hardly successful).

American system became unproductive for society since the Military-
Industrial Complex became the main lobbyist. To preserve their profits,
these folks will continue to fund the propaganda that will convince the
sheep that there's a necessity "to fight pure evil" and "keep the free
world safe from tyrants" etc etc. And when American bankruptcy becomes
obvious, these rich people will reinvest their money somewhere else (in
China or Russia, for example).

> <https://tinyurl.com/rezah3l>
>
> Washington Desperation ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 5, 2021, 3:18:48 PM9/5/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yf6kps9r> declineandfall.blog

Conservatives Lost the War

The Conservative MovementT is constantly gearing up to fight the culture war.
Establishment Republican campaigns are always asking for donations .. Yet we
see what happens when they are given the power they ask for .. Why is that? ..
The establishment GOP and the Democrats they claim to oppose are really two
sides of the same Globalist Party. The Globalists infiltrated the Republican
Party in the 1970s and 80s. Before it became a pejorative, "neoconservative"
was an accurate description of this group, since they were literally "new
conservatives". These Globalists believed in foreign military adventures ..
They never cared about traditional morality .. Yet in order to gain power
within the Republican Party they needed to pretend that they did .. Most
people had forgotten what conservatism was like before this infiltration ..

The rightwing populace are of lower IQ, it's easier to manipulate over them.

> <https://tinyurl.com/y33ex7uw>
>
> An elegy for the American Dream

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 5, 2021, 3:26:14 PM9/5/21
<https://archive.is/Wgl72> bostonglobe.com

America's confrontational foreign policy failed ..

During the past 60 years, the United States has suffered a series of failed
wars in Indochina, Central America, the Middle East, and Afghanistan. Each
of these wars produced mayhem and suffering, followed by an American
retreat. While the American right wing has always argued that success
needed just one more surge or bombing spree, the truth has been simpler and
sadder. Ours have been wars of hatred, not logic, and doomed to fail - at a
mind-boggling human and financial cost .. America's intervention in
Afghanistan goes back to 1979, more than 20 years before 9/11, when the CIA
secretly trained, armed, and funded Islamic jihadists in Afghanistan to
fight the Soviet Union. The US-created fighting force morphed into Al Qaeda
and the Taliban ..

And Al Qaeda had castrated America in reward <https://archive.is/F7Jd7>

> <https://tinyurl.com/yfh7g6g5>
>
> .. America's fiery, brutal impotence

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 5, 2021, 3:35:39 PM9/5/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ygod69ty> chronicle.com

Fading Beacon

The U.S. will never regain its dominance as a destination for international
students .. International education is changing, swiftly and in real time,
and America's signal has become weaker ..

> <https://archive.is/zZLcl>
>
> Overall performance has declined since 2015 ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 5, 2021, 3:50:00 PM9/5/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ydn8gtqv> theamericanconservative.com

Empire And 'The Desolation Of Reality'

.. America looks like a declining empire (an observation that I have heard
again and again over the last eight days from worried European conservatives)
.. Oh look, it has just been reported that the Taliban are holding American
hostages .. More humiliation of America is on the way .. This dying empire is
not going to be saved ..

It seems increasingly clear that this century belongs to China .. The Chinese
also seem to be figuring out from watching us how to avoid some of the things
that are leading to our own disintegration ..

.. 30 percent of adult American women aged 25 and under consider themselves
to be LGBT .. No families, no children, no future .. We have reached the
point where we instruct our young that freedom means the liberty to mutilate
themselves sexually, and destroy their capacity, both biologically and
psychologically, to reproduce and raise morally sane, healthy children.

Ours is a culture that wants to die ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yepecqng>
>
> Friendships In America Are On The Decline

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 2:59:35 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yzuhe3gg> jacobinmag.com

America's Housing Crisis Is About to Get Much, Much Worse
The tidal wave of pain that will soon descend on the nation is
hard to comprehend ..

> <https://archive.is/h4bqK>
>
> Rent Is Becoming Unaffordable For Many U.S. Workers

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:02:34 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yfwqdnen> jalopnik.com

American Roads Are Getting Significantly Deadlier

2020 was a super deadly year for traffic accidents. Despite the pandemic
keeping a lot of us off the roads for much of the year and driving way
less than normal, incidents of death were up something like 8 percent
across the board. A lot of that had to do with increased speeds, increases
in substance abuse, and apparently massive increases in people not wearing
their safety belts. / Early indications seem to point to 2021 being
significantly worse than last year ..

Every thing is getting worse in America.

> <https://tinyurl.com/u8c64jv>
>
> Why are young Americans killing themselves?

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:16:02 PM9/6/21
Byker the Shithead, <news:sICdnaN1HugmNK78...@earthlink.com>
How Byker became childfree <https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=qtwhox>

Childfree means dead end branch of evolution.

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:20:07 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yj8wzq29> record-bee.com

Naivete plus hubris is a bad combination ..

Are Americans better off today than they were 20 years ago?

The murder rate has soared, year over year, in each of the last two years;
BLM riots caused billions of dollars in damage - and that's just the amount
covered by insurance; millions of illegal aliens are streaming into our
country right now, as we speak, bringing disease and dysfunction with them;
and criminals and homeless people control our streets ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/ydkt93x8>
>
> .. Women treated worse in America than Afghanistan

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:25:01 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yetyg7fw> breitbart.com

President Biden's exit from Afghanistan .. was worse than 9/11 and ..
"the greatest victory for jihadists" and "a blow for American prestige"
which won't recover for decades ..

.. The greatest foreign affairs and military catastrophe since the
Second World War, without a doubt .. If you combine the Vietnam fiasco
and Suez [Crisis] for the British, it's worse than the two of those
combined in its magnitude and its implications .. It's certainly worse
than 9/11 ..

Now it's for life ...

> <https://tinyurl.com/yggwlgmn>
>
> Pentagon is hell-bent on losing the trust ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:28:46 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yzezqvv8> traditionalright.com

The United States has lost another Fourth Generation war .. The
Washington foreign policy establishment is willfully ignorant .. So they
behave like bad children, doing whatever they want .. Unfortunately, the
senior military is also willfully ignorant .. So thousands of lives and
trillions of dollars later, we accept our inevitable defeat ..

Why does it take us so long .. to admit defeat and go home? Because both
the civilian and senior military Washington establishment is made up
almost exclusively of moral cowards .. They got to the senior positions
they occupy by avoiding decisions .. So they kick the can down the road ..
Twenty years is a long time to be kicking the can ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y9tragx5>
>
> .. The United States is reeling from catastrophic failures ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:52:08 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ydv7bbav> thehill.com

The Pentagon budget is already out of control ..

.. This week's vote by the House Armed Services Committee to add $23.9
billion to the Biden administration's Pentagon budget proposal will
compound the problem of overspending on the department while diverting
funds from more urgent security priorities. The main beneficiaries of
this approach will be major weapons contractors such as Lockheed Martin,
Northrop Grumman and Raytheon, which already receive tens of billions
of taxpayer dollars annually, often for weapons we don't need at prices
we can't afford, as well as for excessive executive salaries that add
up to hundreds of millions of dollars annually.

Throwing more money at the Pentagon - the only major government agency
that has never passed an audit - is a fool's errand. We don't need
more Pentagon spending; we need smarter Pentagon spending, including a
recognition that many of the greatest risks to our lives and
livelihoods are not military in nature and do not require additional
resources for the Department of Defense. Instead of recognizing this
reality, the House Armed Services Committee is recommending doubling
down on programs like the troubled F-35 combat aircraft, which analyses
by the Project on Government Oversight have shown may never be fully
ready for combat, even as the costs of keeping the aircraft flying are
unsustainable ..

And doubling down will lead to hard landing down.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yxp5429k> 2019 02
> The United States failed in Afghanistan. The only points of debate
> left for analysts and historians are by how much and who is to blame

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 6, 2021, 3:57:03 PM9/6/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yjfoft2a> readingeagle.com

Biden leading country on a downward spiral

Whomever you are, I hope you are happy with the old man president and the
facetious vice president you helped elect .. They have degraded the status
of the U.S. and the respect with which we were previously held by our
fellow NATO and G-7 countries .. This is just the start of the downfall of
our country and that it will be a long time before we can recover from
these misguided professional politicians and the incompetent bureaucrats
they have installed in powerful government ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yjsw3lkn>
>
> .. Retreating America is hardly back

Byker

Sep 6, 2021, 7:16:21 PM9/6/21
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sh5pdg$mtn$1...@os.motzarella.org...

> Childfree means dead end branch of evolution.

Oh, how Oleg pines away for the good ol' days":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMRvQEM6y8M

Byker

Sep 6, 2021, 7:16:30 PM9/6/21
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sh5rh6$697$1...@os.motzarella.org...

> <https://tinyurl.com/ydv7bbav> thehill.com
>
> The Pentagon budget is already out of control ..

We can afford it. You can't...

Byker

Sep 6, 2021, 7:18:08 PM9/6/21
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:sh35kj$5a1$2...@os.motzarella.org...

> <https://archive.is/Wgl72> bostonglobe.com
>
> America's confrontational foreign policy failed ..

What makes you think China's will work?

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 1:18:33 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ye5sx2yx> fox17online.com

Obesity rates are still on the rise in the US .. New federal data shows
that 16 states have adult obesity rates of 35% or higher. That's an
increase from 12 states in 2019 and just nine states in 2018. The problem
has exploded over the last two decades. In 2000, no state had an adult
obesity rate of 25%. Today, there are only a handful of areas where the
obesity rate is currently below 25% .. High obesity rates have a systemic,
social, and economic impact on the country ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y3dl53wb>
> .. Americans Have Begun STEALING FOOD to Survive .. An estimated 54
> million Americans will struggle with hunger ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 1:22:37 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yds67a6c> newsweek.com

.. America has become less safe over the last year. Not that the press has
covered the skyrocketing rise in homicides across the nation since the
COVID-19 pandemic began; mainstream media outlets seem to be going out of
their to ignore it - or worse: to downplay it .. But the highest levels of
crime are typically found in certain neighborhoods in certain cities, and
almost all of those cities are run by Democrats .. It's a clear attempt to
shift responsibility away from elected officials, most of them Democrats ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yfohryn7>
>
> .. A monstrous failure of the US system

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 1:49:31 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ydszgdrv> eurasiantimes.com

The US Air Force (USAF) in February this year admitted before the
government that the highly advanced F-35 is a failure. Riddled with cost
overruns, high life-cycle expenses, maintenance issues, and a host of
technical deficiencies, the stealth jet - along with other failed
projects like the Zumwalt and the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) of the US
Navy - have become a liability. This is amidst a US military revamping
fundamental doctrinal concepts ..

.. A deficient cockpit pressure regulation system that caused extreme
sinus pain; the night vision camera of the Helmet Mounted Display
showing horizontal green lines; the North Grumman AN/APG-81 Active
Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar that was unable to scan a
wider area; and an "inaccurate" 25 mm gun on some of the variants that
also caused "vibration stress" on the airframe. These were identified as
the remaining four 'Category 1' deficiencies by the F-35 Joint Programme
Office, which had originally listed a total of 13 such defects. By the
beginning of this year, the aircraft's Pratt & Whitney F-135 engines
were "overheating" to crack their fan blade coatings - now assumed to
also affect the more complex engine of the F-35B ..

Each engine for the F-35A, the Air Force variant, costs approximately
$10.8 million; the more complex engine for the F-35B costs $24 million.
The plane itself costs a minimum of $80 million per unit, making it the
costliest fighter jet in the world so far .. Bloomberg has predicted 20
percent of the Air Force's F-3As to be grounded by 2025. This is not to
mention the 850 Category 2 deficiencies that the F-35 Joint Program
Office (JPO) is tracking ..

The F-35 symbolizes a broader issue with the US Military-Industrial
Complex (MIC) itself. If inducing wars through its political influence
and threatening domestic security with easy availability of guns were
not enough, the MIC's business interests are now hurting the US' defense
preparedness itself.

> <http://tinyurl.com/y8zopemc>
>
> How This Shitty Jet Could Provide 23 Years of Free College for Everyone

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 1:54:54 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yj7bnjkf> milwaukeeindependent.com

A Ponzi Scheme of Prosperity:
The American Pattern of Development Only Creates the Illusion of Wealth
.. We have grown to understand that the underlying financing mechanisms
of the suburban era operate like a classic pyramid scheme, with ever-
increasing rates of growth necessary to sustain the accumulation of long-
term liabilities .. Decades into this experiment, American cities have a
ticking time bomb of unfunded liability for infrastructure maintenance ..
Every mature city has a backlog of deferred maintenance, a growing list
of promises with no discernible path to make good on them ..

Our core problem is 70 years of unproductive growth, a pattern of
building and assembling America that has buried our local communities in
financial liabilities. We are now forced to grow faster and faster lest
it all fall apart. That's economic growth as desperation, not as a
credible strategy for success. The American pattern of development
creates the illusion of wealth. Today we are in the process of seeing
that illusion destroyed, and with it the prosperity we have come to take
for granted. The signs of decline are now too obvious and too widespread
to ignore or dismiss ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yhls282k>
>
> .. the geopolitical Ponzi scheme came crashing down ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 2:03:12 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ygf7m6hv> declineandfall.blog

In the 21st century, citizens have lost faith in their public institutions.
Our media, which has long prided itself on its objectivity and role in
holding government accountable, has gone completely insane .. Citizens
initiatives are overturned by legislatures and unaccountable courts. The
will of the voters is stymied at every turn. Even elections are no longer
trusted .. Unelected bureaucrats wield tremendous power within our
government. Unaccountable judges seem to wield unlimited power, whether by
unilaterally reversing laws and executive orders, or by making up new laws
out of whole cloth ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y55we9lr>
>
> .. The collapse of American trust

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 2:07:49 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/5snrc27a> theatlantic.com

America has a death problem .. Before the 1990s, average life expectancy in
the U.S. was not much different than it was in Germany, the United Kingdom, or
France. But since the 1990s, American life spans started falling significantly
behind those in similarly wealthy European countries .. Compared with
Europeans, American babies are more likely to die before they turn 5, American
teens are more likely to die before they turn 20, and American adults are more
likely to die before they turn 65 .. Average life expectancy surged .. in just
about every Western European country in the 2010s .. In the U.S., by contrast,
.. it's just taken a historic tumble ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/ycqyay7q>
>
> The American nightmare

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 2:14:41 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yja3tl4c> declineandfall.blog

The Last Days of the American Republic

.. Despite the .. mantra that the United States remains the greatest nation
on earth, I believe its days are numbered. Not only that, but I think a
close look at history shows that we have been in decline for some time.
However, acknowledging this fact need not lead to despair .. As we face the
end of the American Republic, we are best served in preparing ourselves and
our communities for the inevitable future rather than burying our heads in
the sand and hoping it all works out ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y93k2y9k>
>
> The Coming Collapse Of The Republic ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 2:24:14 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ydunrdkk> crossingbroad.com

Feces Rain Down on Washington Football Team Fans ..

While Eagles fans were showering their team with praise throughout a 32-6
blowout win in Atlanta, fans of the Washington Football Team were getting
a very different kind of shower. That's because .. a sewer pipe broke,
raining down excrement onto the FedEx Field faithful .. Two seconds in, our
coprolite correspondent noted, "That's sewage." ..

Yet one more manifestation of the American decrepit infrastructure.

> <https://tinyurl.com/ydym8u98>
>
> Feces-filled sewage flooded the streets ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 2:36:02 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yfodoze6> lynnjournal.com

America Since 9/11: One Step Forward, Many Steps Back

America is far better protected from a similar act of terrorism .. But if
we are to assess our country today vs. where we were 20 years ago, by almost
every other measure our nation is worse off.

The 9/11 attack rightly spurred us to invade Afghanistan .. and undertake an
invasion of Iraq .. Those two foolhardy, deceitful, and hubristic endeavors
have had disastrous consequences that reverberate today.

In addition, newly-released documents have revealed that both wars
essentially were nothing more than a money-grab both by special interest
groups .. and by corrupt government officials .. The vast majority of the
trillions of dollars we spent lined the pockets of corrupt individuals and
groups both here and abroad ..

.. Drug overdose deaths in the U.S. .. Average life-span .. has decreased ..
Income inequality and the accumulation of obscene wealth by a small group of
individuals already was a problem in 2001, but 20 years later, the unequal
distribution of our national wealth into the hands of a few has accelerated
many times over and continues unabated ..

To those of the younger generation for whom 9/11 is not even a memory, we
sadly report that by almost every metric, America today is in far worse shape
than when the twin towers tragically were attacked 20 years ago ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/ydm9eawe>
>
> Why Russia Succeeded in Syria When U.S. Failed in Afghanistan

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 18, 2021, 3:05:32 PM9/18/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yf3q6r7u> kokomotribune.com

Homelessness persists, and will surely get worse

.. the number of homeless may soon grow even more .. It is a sobering
thought that more people will be living in tents, cars or shelters this
winter, adding to the heartaches surrounding the pandemic ..

> <https://archive.is/6g7vr>
>
> Rats, Public Defecation, & Open Drug Use ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 19, 2021, 1:09:37 AM9/19/21
<https://tinyurl.com/e5b2pz2f> zerohedge.com

Here is America in a nutshell: we no longer solve problems, we manipulate
the narrative and then declare the problem has been solved. Actually
solving problems is difficult and generally requires sacrifices that are
proportionate to one's wealth and power. But since America's elite are no
longer willing to sacrifice any of their vast power for the common good,
sacrifice is out in America unless it can be dumped on wage earners. But
unfortunately for America's elite, four decades of hidden-by-manipulation
sacrifices have stripmined average wage earners, and so they no longer
have anything left to sacrifice.

Enter the Ministry of Manipulation, which adjusts the visible bits to
align with the narrative that the problem has been fixed and the status
quo is godlike in its technocratic powers. All this manipulation doesn't
actually solve the problems, it simply hides the decay behind gamed
statistics, financial trickery and glossy PR. The problems fester until
they break through the manipulated gloss and the public witnesses the
breakdown of all the systems that were presented as rock-solid and forever.

Read more <https://tinyurl.com/e5b2pz2f>

> <https://tinyurl.com/yj7bnjkf>

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 19, 2021, 1:46:44 PM9/19/21
<https://tinyurl.com/bbuwy5ky> journal-neo.org

Something strange has happened to America. Millions of Americans are
demonstrating symptoms of what are generally referred to as pathological
disorders, generally personality disorders, of the kind normally attributed
to abandonment by parents or sexual abuse as children.
You see it every day, not just in violence against nurses or school
officials but in the overall tone of America, anger infused with stupidity
and bad manners ..

There is evidence that the United States may well have, as a nation,
degenerated into not just something ungovernable but something even worse,
not just a breakdown of political and social cohesion ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yjo5mog4>
>
> Trump predicts America will cease to exist in three years

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 21, 2021, 5:32:43 AM9/21/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ydqc8896> thehill.com

.. The looming debt crisis

The country is already reeling from historic inflation, which eats
away at the buying power of every American .. Gas prices are up 42
percent. The price of beef is up 12 percent. The price of eggs is up
nearly 10 percent. The price of chicken is up 7 percent .. The price
of hotels are up 19 percent and car rentals are up 52 percent .. The
truth is, inflation is a hidden tax, and it's caused by overspending
from Washington ..

Right now, our country is paying $376 billion in interest on the
debt. That is more than we spend on the entire Department of Homeland
Security .. As the debt increases and the interest payments balloon,
it crowds out dollars needed for national defense, Social Security,
and Medicare ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yyzkwp9f>
>
> .. The United States has an ever-increasing debt problem ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 21, 2021, 5:41:52 AM9/21/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yjzfy22p> quora.com

When did America's decline start ..?

Read the answers by the link <https://tinyurl.com/yjzfy22p>

> <https://tinyurl.com/y6ozk4jt>
> .. share of people with a favorable view of the U.S. fell
> in 2020 to its lowest point on record ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 21, 2021, 5:44:48 AM9/21/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ygn28ljp> independent.org

The Afghanistization of America

We are doing our best to become a Third-World country of incompetency ..

Everything goes on according to a plan.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yz9pel5m>
>
> The U.S. Military Is In Decline

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 21, 2021, 6:05:30 AM9/21/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yhwrmobd> thehill.com

.. Country is on the wrong track ..

A majority of voters say the country is on the wrong track, according
to a new Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll survey released exclusively to The Hill.
The poll shows that 54 percent of registered voters say the country is
heading in the wrong direction, while 41 percent say it's on the right
track. Six percent said they don't know or are unsure.
That's a stark difference from June, when 53 percent of voters said the
country was on the right track ..

Everything's getting worse.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yxrezl9o>
>
> .. America in Decline on Many Fronts

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 24, 2021, 2:08:46 PM9/24/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ygb84amb> paulsvalleydailydemocrat.com

Biden's broken promises

.. President Biden and Democrats passed a $1.9 trillion liberal wish list
masked as a coronavirus relief bill .. In fact, more than 90 percent of
this partisan and liberal package had nothing at all to do with the
pandemic. In this bill included irresponsible spending .. This bill was
just the beginning of our nation's economic crisis that we are now facing.

.. Indeed, this inflation bomb will continue to raise prices for
Americans, another form of taxation .. These policies are draining the
resources .. We have seen skyrocketing utility and gas prices ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/dxdm2nt3>
>
> Biden's insane new spend-fest is a recipe for national disaster

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 24, 2021, 2:21:44 PM9/24/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yht2hyoo> thenation.com

.. When will we stop rewarding the military-industrial complex?

.. The future is all too easy to imagine. It involves, you won't be
shocked to know, more budget-busting weaponry for the Pentagon and more
military meddling across the globe, perhaps this time against "near-peer"
rivals China and Russia, and a Global War on Terror that will never end.
What's even easier to see is that peace will be given no chance at all.
Why? Because it's just not in the interests of America's deeply
influential military-congressional-industrial complex ..

If Congress and the president keep shoveling trillions of dollars down
the military's gullet and those of its camp followers (otherwise known
as "defense" contractors), count on one thing: They'll find ever newer
ways of spending .. "is all about building Systems of Systems based in
AI [artificial intelligence] and quantum computing." .. "All it will do
is give us more sophisticated ways to lose wars." .. AI and quantum
computing sound futuristically super-sexy, which is why they'll
doubtless be used to justify super-expensive future budgetary requests ..

In that context, don't you find it staggering how much the military spent
in Afghanistan fighting and losing all too modernistically to small,
under-armed units of the Taliban? Two trillion-plus dollars to wage a
counterinsurgency campaign that failed dismally. Imagine if, in the next
decade or two, the United States truly had to fight a near-peer rival ..

The Americans love to watch TV showing the aircraft carriers launching
missiles and the like. Lesser bread, more circuses for the plebs. The
depraved nation is moving towards bankruptsy.

> <https://tinyurl.com/yjqh6536>
>
> Our military has been lying to us for 20 years

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 24, 2021, 2:25:37 PM9/24/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ygqe9kfe> inquirer.com

.. America's murder crisis .. It's something far worse ..

.. changes in both the reasons and the manner in which Americans kill one
another .. There was a significant economic component to our homicides ..
[But] the vast majority of murders that make the news in the 2020s aren't
about money, but pure unvarnished and unchecked rage .. In .. big cities,
most weekends bring one or more incidents in which a person drives up and
fires into a crowd .. The number of people either shot to death or wounded
in so-called "road rage" incidents has doubled since the summer of 2020.
You'd likely be hearing the same stat about "air rage" killings - those
kinds of incidents have skyrocketed, too ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/4havrup9>
>
> .. We become a barbaric nation ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 24, 2021, 2:31:58 PM9/24/21
<https://tinyurl.com/yhupssms> dailyfreepress.com

.. Another 2008-like housing crisis is not as far off as we think

The United States, yet again, is in a housing crisis .. "[F]or millions
struggling to cover rent or mortgage, their housing situations have become
increasingly insecure and these disparities are likely to persist even as
the economy recovers .. The skyrocketing cost of housing is attributable
to the low supply yet high demand ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/yern47bs>
>
> Supply chain disruptions .. shortages and skyrocketing costs ..

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 24, 2021, 2:36:30 PM9/24/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ydktp9yh> salon.com

American militarism is even worse than you think ..

The anniversary of Sept. 11 and the U.S. defeat in Afghanistan should
be ringing alarm bells inside the head of every American, warning us
that we have allowed our government to spend trillions of dollars
waging war, chasing shadows, selling arms and fueling conflict all
over the world .. Why does the United States not have modern, energy-
efficient and widely accessible public transportation, as Europe does?
We can ask similar questions about other stark differences between
the United States and Europe. On poverty, inequality, health care,
education and social insurance, why is the United States an outlier
from what are considered societal norms in other wealthy countries?
One answer is the enormous amount of money the U.S. spends on
militarism .. From the lack of universal health care to levels of
child poverty that would be unacceptable in other wealthy countries,
our government's under-investment in everything else is the inevitable
result of these skewed priorities ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/t64tav9>
>
> America's Economy Is on a Steady Decline

Oleg Smirnov

Sep 24, 2021, 2:41:45 PM9/24/21
<https://tinyurl.com/ygadcjsg> forbes.com

Amid a growing epidemic of violence and disruptive incidents on planes,
government officials and the airline industry .. have been woefully
unable to stop the rise of air rage in the unfriendly skies .. So far in
2021, the FAA has received roughly 4,385 reports of unruly behavior by
passengers .. Among the most egregious incidents: Last December, a Delta
Air Lines passenger tried to open the cockpit door mid-flight and struck
a flight attendant in the face before being restrained by crew members
and a fellow passenger. On an Alaska Airlines flight in March, a Colorado
man who refused to wear a face mask swatted at a flight attendant, then
stood up and urinated in his seat area. In May, a Southwest Airlines
passenger punched out a flight attendant's teeth after being told to keep
her seat belt fastened .. The FAA is clearly ill-equipped to deal with
the sheer volume of air rage incidents ..

By the way, it was Byker urinated in his seat area, as usual.