decline 2022 07

1 view

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 1:38:27 PM7/1/22
<https://tinyurl.com/22zupeqb> opalstacked.com

A majority of Americans agree that the government is "corrupt and
rigged against everyday people like me," .. Two-thirds of Republican
and Independent .. Democrats are evenly split ..

Nearly half of Americans (49 percent) agreed that they "more and more
feel like a stranger in my own country," with 69 percent of strong
Republicans .. Fully 38 percent of strong Democrats agreed ..

And 28 percent of voters, including 37 percent who have guns in their
homes, agree that "it may be necessary at some point soon for
citizens to take up arms against the government." ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/25rlvcyt>
>
> .. Economy is Still Shrinking Towards Inevitable Recession ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 1:49:11 PM7/1/22
<https://archive.is/2MSEl> bloomberg.com

US Hypersonic Missile Fails in Test in Fresh Setback for Program

A flight test of a hypersonic missile system in Hawaii ended in
failure due to a problem .. delivering a fresh blow to a program
that has suffered stumbles ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2ckc3lwq>
>
> Wildfires are getting worse, and more costly, every year

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 1:51:53 PM7/1/22
<https://tinyurl.com/23dg7w8f> cbsnews.com

U.S. unsolved homicide rates soar ..

In the mid-1960s, more than 90% of murders were solved .. By 1990,
the percentage fell into the sixties. Then, by 2020, as the number of
homicides surged, the national clearance rate dropped to about 50% ..

Everything's getting worse.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2895jrga>
>
> Health care in jails and prisons is terrible ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 2:03:55 PM7/1/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2y7hw9hb> medicaleconomics.com

America's obesity problem increased 40% in 20 years .. More than half
of American adults studied gained 5% or more body weight over a 10-year
period, with more than a third gaining 10% or more, and almost a fifth
gaining 20% or more .. In roughly 20 years, the prevalence of obesity
increased by approximately 40% and severe obesity almost doubled ..

Atlanticist voices have now become vocal about the necessity to solve
the global food shortages allegedly caused by "Ukraine War", while the
Ukraine case is not the primary reason for the food shortages as well
as the Ukraine's grain contributes quite a small share into the world
food supplies.

The best way to solve the global food shortages is to make these obese
Americans eat (and shit) less. Even more outrageous is the fact that
about 40% of food is thrown away uneaten <https://is.gd/v4VvyG> in the
US. If America consumed just a little less food, it would be enough to
feed all the poor nations in the world.

> <https://archive.is/zwziD>
>
> In the United States, 36.5 percent of adults are obese

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 2:27:43 PM7/1/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2bwlls2b> thehill.com

Americans' views of economy worsen as gas prices rise ..

Eight out of 10 surveyed adults in households earning less than $40,000
said gas prices have caused a financial hardship, and four out of 10
described it as severe ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/24dgka7o>
>
> .. A self-defeating G7 fails on all fronts

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 3:21:37 PM7/1/22
<https://archive.is/QhxIh> ft.com

The Ukraine war has highlighted the global decline in US power and influence.
With strong sanctions imposed on Russia there has been very little support
from the Indo-Pacific, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.
The recent meeting of Latin American countries also demonstrates US support
in the region is being replaced by Russia and China ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2gv4yduv>
>
> Overdose Deaths Hit a Record High ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 1, 2022, 3:21:38 PM7/1/22
<https://tinyurl.com/236kqbsx> standard.co.uk

.. The unravelling of US democracy
American institutions are failing .. I don't think I want to know how
America's story ends. I can't bear to watch what's happening ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2xsmmp7m>
>
> .. Making the economy's doom loop worse ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 3, 2022, 10:00:42 AM7/3/22
<https://tinyurl.com/28v3ou4q> washingtonpost.com

Rising housing costs, combined with persistent inflation for basic
necessities such as gas and food, have left more Americans newly
homeless and millions more fearing they'll soon lose their homes.
Shelters across the country are reporting a sudden increase in numbers
of people looking for help ..

For a growing number of Americans, simply finding a place to spend the
night is becoming more expensive and out of reach .. This time around,
shelters say they're seeing a rise in families who still have steady,
even good-paying, jobs but cannot find a home they can afford ..
Growing sense of despair is palpable .. Even among those who are still
in their homes, the prospect of suddenly being displaced is creeping
closer ..

> <https://archive.is/h6Uty>
>
>.. Continue to cut back on spending amid grim view of economy

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 3, 2022, 10:06:08 AM7/3/22
<https://tinyurl.com/22vq227o> nationalinterest.org

American Grand Strategy: Disguising Decline
The United States is in retreat, defeat, or stalemate everywhere, whether
in the military arena or in the realm of trade and industrial production ..

On a global level, the U.S. campaign to get other nations to sanction
Russia to punish it for invading Ukraine has been a flop .. Most countries
.. have refused to go along ..

While Congress votes to deliver arms to bleed Russia in a proxy war in
Ukraine, everywhere else in the world the United States is staggering from
a series of humiliating strategic defeats. After two decades of fighting
in Afghanistan, Washington abruptly abandoned it .. In post-Saddam Iraq,
the remaining U.S. presence is opposed by many Iraqis .. In Syria, Bashar
al-Assad has survived .. The overthrow of Muammar el-Qaddafi in Libya by
the United States and NATO has produced chaos and disintegration .. The
military is back in charge in Egypt .. Meanwhile, China is pushing the
United States and its allies out of one global market after another ..

Wherever we look, then, we see the United States in retreat or in defeat
or in stalemate, whether in the military arena or in the realm of trade
and industrial production .. The United States is a declining force in
global commerce and global diplomacy, but in its remaining North American
and European spheres of influence, it can still play the hegemon ..

> <https://archive.is/kTgra>
>
> Dollar's Share of Global Reserves Sinks to Lowest ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 3, 2022, 10:10:44 AM7/3/22
<https://tinyurl.com/28ofdayn> apnews.com

Chip shortage leaves 95K GM vehicles unfinished in storage

The global shortage of computer chips and other parts forced
General Motors to build 95,000 vehicles without certain components
during the second quarter ..

> <https://archive.is/N6AV9>
>
> America is suffering from a myriad of shortages

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 10:42:29 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2nxrqkr3> voanews.com

Polls Show Americans Downcast About State of the Country

Two recent polls .. show a United States in which trust in major
institutions has fallen to all-time lows .. These two surveys - both
conducted by the Gallup organization - paint a picture of a country that
seems to have lost some of its confidence not just in specific institutions
but in itself more broadly ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y8ymtd7m>
>
> The pessimism is overwhelming ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 10:50:57 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2nu8fzma> bostonherald.com

Undeterred, Joe presses buttons and flips switches.
The plane goes into a nosedive.
Which is where we are today. You don't put a guy like this in control.
He is President Doom. Everything he touches goes bad.
And nothing is his fault ..
.. And the American people suffer.
But it is not Biden's fault ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2jkd6z8a>
>
> Biden's border crisis is about to get a lot worse

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:01:00 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2phdgttt> forbes.com

Want To Move Out Of The US? How To Get A Second Passport

.. More and more North Americans have become disillusioned .. says Eric
Major, CEO of Latitude, a company that helps individuals and families find
the right options for pursuing an additional passport ..

Indeed, Americans are more disgruntled than ever, according to Nuri Katz,
founder of Apex Capital Partners, .. specializing in advising international
individuals on second citizenship .. "High net worth individuals think the
situation is so bad in America right now that it actually sounds worse than
it is in Russia," says Katz ..

Get Golden Visa recently issued a whitepaper called "The Great American
Exodus" .. The company found that more and more Americans are opting to
leave the country for social and political reasons ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y4yx5kyv>
>
> A final dispatch of American political decline ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:06:20 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2pzu5eke> thehill.com

A little more than 1 in 3 Americans currently believe the U.S. system
of government is sound, a figure that has declined significantly over
the past few years .. The combined 36 percent is a decline from when
the pollster previously asked the question in February 2020 .. The
newest measure comes as inflation has reached a 40-year high with the
vast majority of the public polled consistently indicating they believe
the country is on the wrong track ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2baorblm>
>
> American "Democracy" as a Dead Parrot ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:11:18 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2kkusnw5> foxnews.com

Biden's presidency looks 'out of control,' ..

The Fourth of July weekend began with #ImpeachJoeBiden trending on Twitter ..
Americans are furious, despondent, and fed up with President Joe Biden .. The
country has gone off the rails and the president seems utterly incapable ..

.. Can it get even worse? Yes, unfortunately, it can. The economy is slumping,
COVID confusion reigns, high energy prices are raising the cost of everything,
air travel is a disaster, the chaos at the border is about to escalate and
crime is surging. And, we remain disastrously low on baby formula .. Americans
are getting poorer, and losses are likely to continue ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y7nrak4b>
>
> Carjackings spiral out of control ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:15:56 PM7/7/22
<https://archive.is/qpjCP> washingtonpost.com

Inflation is even worse than the official numbers suggest

.. Americans who enjoyed a Fourth of July cookout on Monday paid 17 percent
more for their food than last year .. That's a perfect illustration of a
poorly understood aspect of inflation: For most Americans, the inflation
they actually experience is often much worse than the 8.6 percent headline
rate ..

Prices for the goods that people regularly purchase are rising much faster
than those for things they don't. Food used at home, for example, rose by
almost 12 percent over the past year, while gasoline prices jumped by
nearly 50 percent. Prices for eggs skyrocketed by more than 32 percent in
the last year ..

These facts explain why Americans are furious about inflation. Both big-
ticket items they purchase infrequently and the everyday items they buy
every week are skyrocketing in price ..

The administration's efforts to combat these hikes are laughably inept or
tone-deaf .. President Biden has issued silly tweets .. His tone-deafness on
gas prices is especially troubling ..

America's decades-long low inflation adds to the political impact of double-
digit price hikes .. For most Americans, it's the shock of a lifetime. No
wonder they are furious ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/mstyn2fk>
>
> America is in a series of crises that are rapidly compounding ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:20:59 PM7/7/22
<https://archive.is/xHgFO> theepochtimes.com

Today's America: An Economy of Shortages

For the first time in over 40 years, the U.S. economy is dealing with
widespread shortages. Parts are unavailable for manufacturers when they
need them. Airlines abruptly cancel flights. Railroads and trucks are
cutting shipments. Food shelves in some areas are depleted with some areas
reporting a lack of meat supplies, milk, or other essential food items.

What's going on? ..

Read more <https://archive.is/xHgFO>

> <https://tinyurl.com/y5b8sbp6>
>
> Life is Harder for Americans ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:25:41 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2m6avv2o> theatlantic.com

.. The Murder Clearance Rate Is at an All-Time Low
For the past 60 years, U.S. detectives have gotten worse at one of the
most basic jobs of law enforcement ..

American violence is resurgent. Gun murders rose to their highest
figure on record in 2020, the last year for which we have complete data.
While violent crime is rising .. about half of all murders in the United
States today go unsolved .. Police agencies are reporting fewer and
fewer murders being cleared each year ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/23g9lthv>
>
> America's great cities are gripped by decline and disorder ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:31:03 PM7/7/22
<https://archive.is/PN4P6> nytimes.com

It's Time to Stop Living the American Scam

People are enervated not just by the Sisyphean pointlessness of their
individual labors but also by the fact that they're working in and for a
society in which, increasingly, they have zero faith or investment ..

More young people are opting not to have kids not only because they can't
afford them but also because they assume they'll have only a scorched or
sodden wasteland to grow up in ..

The oligarchs have realized they can work everyone harder, pay them less,
eliminate benefits, turn every human institution from medicine to
corrections into a racket, charge far more for basic rights and services
than people in any other nation would stand for without revolting .. In
the past few decades, capitalism has exponentially increased the
creation of wealth for the already incredibly wealthy at the negligible
expense of the well-being, dignity and happiness of most of humanity ..

> <https://archive.is/WXhli>
>
> .. 2022: Bad-Moon Rising ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:36:18 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2lg8trcd> computerworld.com

As Intel, Samsung, TSMC, and others move ahead with plans for new computer
chip development and manufacturing plants in the US, those efforts are
running into a new headwind: there aren't enough people with the skills
needed to run the facilities .. The skills gap is exacerbating a chip supply
shortage ..

The US share of global semiconductor fabrication capacity has been on a
steady decline for decades .. US semiconductor production represented about
40% of the market in 1990; that dropped to around 12% in 2020 ..

"This will take years and decades," ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y8t2ydpo>
>
> .. America increasingly faltering and lagging global competitors ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:40:58 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/23w46fmc> politico.com

The Southwest is bone dry .. Climate change and worsening drought have
driven water stores to dangerous lows. Now the federal government is
telling states to drastically cut back ..

A federal Bureau of Reclamation ultimatum last month, prompted by an
extreme climate-change-induced drop in water levels at the nation's
largest reservoirs, reopens years of complicated agreements and
political feuds .. Must now swiftly reckon with a problem that has been
decades in the making ..

Regional drought has only made things worse. Last month, the water got
so low it revealed submerged human remains that had been dumped in the
lake ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/28zkqaeu>
>
> .. Get ready for the blackouts ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 7, 2022, 11:45:46 PM7/7/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2mjqty3q> politico.com

.. The nation's ongoing malaise .. Americans' confidence in the country's
institutions continues to drop to record lows .. The presidency and the
Supreme Court suffered the most precipitous declines ..

An eye-popping 10% of Americans say the country is headed in the right
direction, compared to 88% who think it's on the wrong track .. That's a
record low going back to 2013 ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/268shvfl>
>
> .. The United States is in free fall ..

Byker

Jul 8, 2022, 3:00:50 PM7/8/22
"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:ta87h8$kgip$3...@os.motzarella.org...

> <https://archive.is/qpjCP> washingtonpost.com
>
> Inflation is even worse than the official numbers suggest

Probable date of Russian default:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QWV829MCsI

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:15:07 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2qgd53vx> mercurynews.com

World War II-era boat emerges from shrinking Lake Mead

A sunken boat dating back to World War II is the latest object to emerge
from a shrinking reservoir .. Climate change and drought have led to the
lake dropping to its lowest level since it was full about 20 years ago.

As water levels drop at both Lake Mead and Lake Powell upstream on the
Arizona-Utah line, states in the U.S. West increasingly face deeper cuts
to their supply from the Colorado River. The lower levels also impact
hydropower produced at Hoover Dam and Glen Canyon Dam, which holds back
Lake Powell ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/23w46fmc>

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:19:07 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2g2spfgo> gulfnews.com

.. the West's creativity crisis

.. Consider the quantitative evidence on the productivity of ideas. One
study found that research productivity has declined sharply in software,
agriculture and medicine. A second study found that the average age of
Nobel Prize-winners has risen steadily and the size of teams involved in
science has increased. A third study .. found that the average age at
which academics publish their first article in a prestigious publication
has risen - from 30 in mathematics in 1950 to 35 in 2013 ..

.. Various measures of creativity and originality had risen in line with
average IQ until 1990, ever since then they have been falling. "The
results indicate creative thinking is declining over time among Americans
of all ages, especially in kindergarten through third grade. The decline
is steady and persistent." ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/27mfm5wn>
>
> US declines across all metrics in latest global rankings

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:28:33 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2etgmmxn> apple.com

.. American Education: The Decline, The Deception, The Dogmas

.. The system has discarded the traditional goals of transmitting
knowledge and fostering cognitive skills in favor of building
self-esteem ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2jp3eqqd>
>
> The Rise of Bad Art ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:37:23 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2jtlhqkq> thefederalist.com

The Atlanta Federal Reserve recently projected that second-quarter GDP
fell by 1.9 percent. If its model proves correct, the U.S. economy has
fallen into a recession with GDP shrinking for two consecutive quarters.
Whether we are technically in a recession is far less important than
the reality of the recession Americans have been experiencing for
months. At this point, with ongoing historic inflation, Americans are
also likely enduring stagflation ..

> <https://archive.is/2QksN>
>
> Americans' Real Wages Decline Due to Rising Inflation

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:43:21 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2mkmjdxu> thefederalist.com

America wasn't ready for a pandemic when the first confirmed case of the
novel coronavirus landed on U.S. shores in January 2020 .. The national
stockpile of medical supplies was full of outdated and expired equipment.
Early testing was a fiasco .. A pair of studies published in recent weeks
revealed just how vulnerable Americans were to a new disease ..

All through the time, the US had consistently been the N1 in the rankings
for "pandemic preparedness", which indicates the fact that most of such
Atlanticist-backed rankings are hoax based on wishful thinking.

Real life turns out different.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2px5hgn8>
>
> Millions of Canadians Lose Mobile, Internet Services

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:49:04 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2oghnopt> globaltimes.cn

The decline of the US and the rise of the East

We are now witnessing a great realignment and transformation. The
so-called "American Century" has given way to a new century in which
other countries are asserting themselves .. Ironically, it was the US'
very attempt to maintain this status which has inexorably led to its
losing it, and to its decline as a nation ..

"We have wasted .. $3 trillion [on military spending since 1979] ..
If you take $3 trillion and put it in American infrastructure, you'd
probably have $2 trillion left over. We'd have high-speed railroad.
We'd have bridges that aren't collapsing. We'd have roads that are
maintained properly. Our education system would be as good as that of,
say, South Korea or Hong Kong." .. The results of all this have been
disastrous ..

.. 54% of US adults 16-74 years old - about 130 million people - lack
proficiency in literacy, reading below the equivalent of a sixth-grade
level .. This functional illiteracy - on par with what we used to call
Third World nations - was costing the US $2.2 trillion a year. It is
also costing the US in terms of its ability to maintain an informed
electorate which can meaningfully participate in an ostensibly
democratic system ..

The other factor leading to the decline of the United States has been
the increasing usurpation of power by the monied interests which now
control every facet of life in the country .. This was made possible
by a decision of the least democratic branch of the US government ..
which .. "reversed century-old campaign finance restrictions and
enabled corporations and other outside groups to spend unlimited funds
on elections."

The result is that US electoral positions now go to the highest bidders
which in turn act on behalf of themselves and their super rich friends,
and against the interests of the vast majority of the population ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2etxasol>
>
> .. And now, it seems to be falling apart ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 4:55:16 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zljdk3w> dailymail.co.uk

Buying a home in America is now the LEAST affordable .. The number is the
lowest recorded since July 2006 .. The number is also dangerously close to
the lowest level ever recorded by the index, set in July 1990 ..

The drastic increases suggest a decline in homeownership is on the horizon
.. Economists say home prices are likely to continue to rise in the coming
weeks ..

More homelessness <https://youtu.be/2f4IR9hY_4U>

> <https://tinyurl.com/2ntc4lzj>
>
> .. Bank of America offers no fraud protections ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:05:19 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2zzu8t3k> thedenverchannel.com

Homelessness on the rise .. across America
Number of people who reported first-time homelessness doubled from 2020
to 2021

It's not just the numbers telling us that the problem of homelessness is
getting worse. The people living downtown are telling us, too.
"It's just... hearing and seeing things you're not used to hearing and
seeing .. You just have to be alert and aware in a way you didn't have to
be before." ..

"State of Our Neighborhoods" <https://youtu.be/AqCuhTnCGeo>

> <https://tinyurl.com/2qkm7dw6>
>
> Why Do Americans Want Puerto Rico to Join Their Decaying Democracy? ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:07:30 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2mxfez6j> washingtonpost.com

The staggering scope of U.S. gun deaths goes far beyond mass shootings ..

The spate of shooting attacks in communities such as Highland Park, Ill.;
Uvalde, Tex.; and Buffalo has riveted attention on America's staggering
number of public mass killings. But the rising number of gun deaths in the
United States extends beyond such high-profile episodes, emerging nearly
every day inside homes, outside bars and on the streets of many cities ..

> <https://archive.is/d9HRy>
>
> .. U.S. mass shootings have become 'shockingly commonplace'

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:11:55 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2hghrx98> latimes.com

.. Want to escape America's Armageddon ..

Usually .. something has happened in the States that feels apocalyptic,
and then Americans panic and Google how to move to New Zealand .. When
Americans look up New Zealand residency applications, it's .. because
they want to move elsewhere. Anywhere. As far away from where they do
live as possible .. Billionaires have been buying luxury bunkers here for
years in order to invest in what they perceive to be their best possible
chance at surviving Armageddon ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2phdgttt>

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:15:27 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2phtmwhg> delawareonline.com

Shortage at new car lots getting worse ..

More than two years since the pandemic started, "it's getting worse
instead of better," .. Even the repair business has been restrained by
supply shortages ..

> <https://archive.is/BqjZC>
>
> Biden aims to destroy America ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:21:37 PM7/10/22
<https://archive.is/UfQe5> nytimes.com

.. Losing the Fight Against Monkeypox ..

As epidemics go .. the response in the United States has been sluggish and
timid, reminiscent of the early days of the Covid pandemic .. Surveillance
is spotty, and official case counts are likely a gross underestimate ..

The obstacles to preparedness are systemic, at every level of government ..
The public health system in the United States remains a hamstrung patchwork
.. Its shortcomings have persisted for decades ..

The situation "reveals the failure in the U.S. to take public health
seriously," .. About one in five Americans had a sexually transmitted
infection in 2018, .. and those numbers have surged ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y5zphwjh>
>
> It's estimated that 25% of all Americans have an incurable STD ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:25:42 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2othgzpt> hcamag.com

78% of Americans fear losing their job ..
With business leaders and economists anticipating a recession sooner rather
than later, employees are sweating, and it's not due to the summer heat ..
56% of American workers say they don't feel financially prepared for a
recession or they don't know how they would prepare for a recession ..

> <https://archive.is/uqu5U>
>
> The minority keep winning and the majority keep losing

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 10, 2022, 5:31:39 PM7/10/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2prk8otp> moonofalabama.org

A 2019 study found that the U.S. is the country that is best prepared for
a pandemic. It turned out that assessment, like so many others, had been
wrong .. No lessons have been learned from this catastrophe ..

The cold war had ended but the U.S. continued to be an ideological empire
.. During the later 1990s I visited the U.S. several times and traveled
throughout the country. It was already crumbling. Much was patched over
but the damage underneath was clearly visible. In 2000 the dot.com bubble
burst followed by another crash in 2008. The war on Iraq and the response
to Covid added to the negative impressions. Together they turned the
global view around. The city upon a hill had lost its shine ..

.. Even tier-3 cities in China beat U.S. metropolises with their quality
of life. International soft power .. requires the ability of the whole
society to self correct its mistakes. The U.S. has lost that capability.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2nl9ddrk>
>
> Americans' Trust In .. Major Institutions Nosedives To Record Low

Leper

Jul 10, 2022, 11:38:15 PM7/10/22
On 7/10/2022 4:14 PM, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> <https://tinyurl.com/2phtmwhg> delawareonline.com
>
> Shortage at new car lots getting worse ..
>
> More than two years since the pandemic started, "it's getting worse
> instead of better," .. Even the repair business has been restrained by
> supply shortages ..

That has got to be really Hurting us Americans? There must be 5
operating cars or more for every man-jack and child in America.
There is a used car lot on every main corner. There are hundreds
Salvage yards full of replacement parts to keep them going. Repair
companies are awash in incoming business with profits going through
the roof. The only obstacle is Xiden doing his level treasonous
best to scrap our oil and coal business. But he will hang high very soon
on rope purchased from his masters in China. Russia will soon wise up
and see the folly of its ways. China has been at Russia's throat for
millennia. As for Vehicles...Give me a call, I have 2 premium pickups
for sale. 4 vehicles on this land is more then enough. all are newer and
paid for.

Leper

Jul 10, 2022, 11:49:47 PM7/10/22
On 7/10/2022 4:24 PM, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> <https://tinyurl.com/2othgzpt> hcamag.com
>
> 78% of Americans fear losing their job ..
> With business leaders and economists anticipating a recession sooner rather
> than later, employees are sweating, and it's not due to the summer heat ..
> 56% of American workers say they don't feel financially prepared for a
> recession or they don't know how they would prepare for a recession ..

I personally am afraid that so much more work will overwhelm us. Fucking
Democrats are making it hard to hire and keep people with all the
fucking around with the economy and regulations. Construction is buried
in work, Cement contractors are 3 to 4 years booked in many area's.
Housing and Apartment warehouses are being built by the hundreds of
thousands. States are rebuilding infrastructure and ignoring the
assholes in Washington. Moron Xiden wants all electric cars etc when
there is no electric charging grid to service them. It is time fo send
to criminal trial and execute Xbiden, Hunter, Nancy, Chucky, Oboma, The
Clintons and all other treasonous swine that are plotting and acting to
destroy our Free and Beautiful country. Add the Technical Olicrats to
that list.

Whatawonderfulworld

Jul 11, 2022, 7:51:21 AM7/11/22
Leper <Le...@MalokaiColony.com> wrote in
Oh My. we have an Idiot and a Moron in the one person.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:11:55 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2cjfo9fx> ukranews.com

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair believes that the era of
political and economic dominance of the West is coming to an end ..
This was reported by the British TV channel Sky News ..

> <https://archive.is/9DgaL>
>
> Tracing the decline of U.S. power

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:15:32 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2jvn6tuk> michael-hudson.com

To Wall Street and its backers, the solution to any price inflation is to
reduce wages and public social spending. The orthodox way to do this is to
push the economy into recession in order to reduce hiring. Rising
unemployment will oblige labor to compete for jobs that pay less and less
as the economy slows ..

The most immediate effect of the Federal Reserve's credit tightening will
be to reduce America's home-ownership rate. This rate has been falling
since 2008 .. The United States is turning into a landlord economy .. As
the United States has become more debt-ridden, more than 50 percent of the
value of U.S. real estate already is held by mortgage bankers .. Real
estate is being transferred from "poor" hands to those of wealthy landlord
corporations ..

Many families face insolvency as Federal Reserve policy aims to create
unemployment .. The ranks of the homeless are rising .. There is no
evidence that America's neoliberal New Cold War can restore the nation's
former industrial and related economic power. The economy cannot recover
as long as it leaves today's debt overhead in place. Debt service, housing
costs, privatized medical care, student debt and a decaying infrastructure
have made the U.S. economy uncompetitive ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/5cm8m3pb>
>
> .. The Federal Reserve Is Basically Just A Big PR Firm

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:20:31 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/27t2uro7> whowhatwhy.org

The End of American Competitiveness

America is not only losing its signature competitiveness in a
rough-and-tumble world, but there is a chance that it will never
recover, according to a new report from Rand Corporation ..

And that's right.

> <https://tinyurl.com/y8t2ydpo>
>
> .. America increasingly faltering and lagging ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:25:26 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2fs9bfb5> axios.com

Trust in news collapses to historic low

Americans' confidence in newspapers and television news has plummeted to
an all-time low, according to the latest annual Gallup survey .. Censorship
and media bias have become a rallying cry ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/y9e7kzaa>
>
> More Americans than ever distrust the news ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:31:13 PM7/17/22
<https://archive.is/atMWY> bloomberg.com

The US Industrial Complex Is Starting to Buckle From High Power Costs ..
It was only a matter of time, really .. Now soaring natural gas and
electricity prices are starting to hit the US industrial complex ..

On June 22, 600 workers at the second-largest aluminum mill in America,
accounting for 20% of US supply, learned they were losing their jobs
because the plant can't afford an electricity tab .. It's the most
poignant signal yet of what's to come - but not the only one. At least
two steel mills have begun suspending some operations to cut energy
costs .. In May, a group of factories across the US Midwest warned
federal energy regulators that some were on the verge of closing ..

It's no wonder. By the beginning of June, natural gas prices had
tripled what they were a year earlier .. This summer, electricity
rates for industrial customers are set to hit their highest levels
ever .. Because US plants and factories depend on both electricity and
gas, this could very well be the moment ..

> <https://archive.is/2QFkF>
>
> Natural gas .. more sales abroad will mean higher costs at home ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:35:40 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/22pmgszf> thenation.com

"The American Century Is Over." So claims the July 2022 cover of
Harper's Magazine .. On the one hand, given Washington's freewheeling
penchant for using force to impose its claimed prerogatives abroad, the
imperial nature of the American project has become self-evident. When
the United States invades and occupies distant lands or subjects them
to punishment, concepts like freedom, democracy, and human rights rarely
figure as more than afterthoughts. Submission, not liberation defines
the underlying, if rarely acknowledged, motivation behind Washington's
military actions, actual or threatened, direct or through proxies.

On the other hand, the reckless squandering of American power in recent
decades suggests that those who preside over the American imperium are
either stunningly incompetent or simply mad as hatters. Intent on
perpetuating some form of global hegemony, they have accelerated trends
toward national decline ..

> <https://archive.ph/MaBKv>
>
> Do you smell gangrene? ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:40:56 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2xsw7y9h> washingtonexaminer.com

The June inflation numbers are a disaster, coming in at a 40-year high
of 9.1% .. After .. "the fastest-growing economy in the world" and how
we're "stronger economically" than ever, the downward spiral is .. making
things worse. According to official numbers, prices rose 1.3% on the
month, which translates to an annualized pace of nearly 17%. Controlling
for manipulated housing statistics, the numbers are even worse: 1.7% on
the month, which comes to 22% annualized.

These price hikes are crushing families ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/dxdm2nt3>
>
> Biden's insane spend-fest is a recipe for national disaster

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:45:24 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/296kazm9> harpers.org

.. The emergence of China as an economic and military powerhouse has
decisively ended the "unipolar moment" .. The United States confronts a
nation whose model .. presents a genuine challenge to liberal democratic
capitalism, which seems increasingly incapable of addressing the many
crises that beset it ..

When one takes a long, hard look at U.S. foreign policy after 1945, it's
clear that the United States caused an enormous amount of suffering ..
Countries targeted for regime change by the United States were more likely
to experience civil wars, mass killings, human rights abuses .. Hegemony
was an anomaly, an accident of history unlikely to be repeated ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/22vq227o>
>
> American Grand Strategy: Disguising Decline

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:50:34 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ya7792q> truthout.org

The specter haunting the United States consists not only of an impending
fascism, but also of the inability of conscience, morality and justice to
catch up with reality. The United States has increasingly come closer to
tipping into the abyss of a new fascist politics .. What is even more
disturbing is the simultaneous crisis of political agency and historical
consciousness, and the collapse of civic responsibility .. With the
collapse of conscience has come the breakdown of politics ..

The turn toward fascist politics in the United States has a long history
rooted deeply in acts of genocide against Native Americans, the scourge of
slavery, Jim Crow violence, the erasure of historical memory, and updated
forms of systemic racism buttressed by a merging of white supremacy, the
rise of the punishing state, staggering inequality, unchecked political
corruption .. Democracy itself is being replaced shamelessly with the
hazardous plague of fascist politics ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/234zpr4d>
>
> .. Minority is trampling the rights and will of the majority ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 1:55:37 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/25qx5zpf> nypost.com

New York stinky! Odor complaints in NYC reach disgusting all-time high

This summer in the city .. - it smells! Walking around the Big Apple
these days amounts to an olfactory assault by some of the foulest odors
imaginable, disgusted New Yorkers said ..

"Every morning I smell like a rancid smell, like rotten food .. "gnarly
and cadaverous." .. "It's a rotten, lingering smell .. And if it rains,
it smells even worse." .. Human feces on the street ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/25682lwk>
>
> .. League of Fecal Fighters coming soon to help ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 2:00:30 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/29vu4eqc> therealnews.com

A licentious, money-drenched, morally bankrupt and intellectually vacuous
ruling class - accountable to no one and free to plunder and prey on the
weak like human vultures - rises to power in societies in terminal decline,
where the rule of law has collapsed and desperate human beings have been
reduced to commodities .. Sex, as in the late Roman Empire, has been
transformed in the twilight of the US empire from a private act of intimacy
to one of public entertainment ..

More perversity in "public entertainment".

Less sex in real life.

> <https://tinyurl.com/29lqbmne>
>
> Americans are having less sex ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 2:05:21 PM7/17/22
<https://tinyurl.com/294yymvq> news.cn

U.S. financial hegemony backfires as countries opt for de-dollarization

India's central bank has recently unveiled an Indian rupee settlement
system for international trade, a move which experts said will reduce the
country's demand for U.S. dollars ..

> <https://archive.ph/kTgra>
>
> Dollar's Share of Global Reserves Sinks to Lowest ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 2:10:39 PM7/17/22
<https://archive.is/n7f7O> nytimes.com

.. Covid hospitalizations climb .. chronic nursing shortage is worsening
.. Hospitals across the country continue to struggle .. To close the gaps,
hospitals are offering financial incentives for new hires ..

So higher inflation and lesser medical quality.

America is moving into "3rd world" steadily.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2oghnopt>

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 17, 2022, 2:15:26 PM7/17/22
<https://archive.is/U6Kyd> nytimes.com

America's homelessness problem has the makings of an acute crisis. Shelters
across the U.S. are reporting a surge in people looking for help, with
wait lists doubling or tripling in recent months. The number of homeless
people outside of shelters is also probably rising .. Some of them live in
encampments, which have popped up in parks and other public spaces ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2d95vmjr>
>
> The chronic issue of open defecation ..

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2022, 8:34:14 PM7/17/22
On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 20:10:52 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
wrote:

><https://tinyurl.com/2cjfo9fx> ukranews.com
>
>Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair believes that the era of
>political and economic dominance of the West is coming to an end ..
>This was reported by the British TV channel Sky News ..

Hi, Oleg! Remember me?

*flush*

Swill
--
And speaking of stupid, how dumb do you have to be to believe a god
who didn't prevent the Holocaust is going to help you win a football

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 10:51:06 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/264qd6x7> theamericanconservative.com

Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus, known to history as Caligula, ruled as the
Emperor of Rome from A.D. 37 to 41 .. squandered the enormous wealth of the
Roman State, declared himself to be a god, appointed his favorite racehorse
to serve in the Roman Senate, and according to some sources, considered
deifying the animal.

After a little less than four years in office, Caligula was removed ..
Americans and Europeans are not so lucky. Determined to fight his proxy war
with Russia to the finish, Biden is losing the fight in Ukraine and his
favorite, deified horse, NATO, is on life support. The only things sinking
faster than Biden's approval ratings are the American and European economies.

> <https://tinyurl.com/2amxeh4r>
>
> .. The US housing shortage is likely to get worse ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 10:55:38 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/28tj26jb> news.cn

The de-dollarization or decline of dollar hegemony will put the United
States in a slow crash and make everyday Americans poorer .. Other
countries have to de-dollarize because of American foreign policy,
forcing them to create an alternative .. The U.S. can grab anybody's gold
who does not follow ..

"There's no way the United States can pay its existing dollar debts that
are held by foreign governments .. The U.S. heavily depends on other
countries for manufactured goods and raw materials, and its economy is
deeply indebted .. The U.S. "is running into a debt wall, and it can't
afford to carry any more debt. This whole prosperity has been financed by
debt, especially by foreign countries, and that's ended," .. The Federal
Reserve would support Wall Street and the wealthy 10 percent. The bottom
90 percent of the population will become much poorer with lower
homeownership rates and less personal savings ..

> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNqYZUB_Pac>
>
> Poverty In America

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:00:47 AM7/26/22
<https://archive.is/s0kie> wsj.com

Biden's Saudi Arabia Visit Was Worse Than an Embarrassment

This trip .. damaged U.S. security interests in the Middle East by
highlighting to the world that neither Saudi Arabia nor other Gulf states
trust the U.S. .. Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan Al-Saud
contradicted Mr. Biden's claims of enhancing Saudi-Israel relations, and
reiterated that any increased oil production won't be a Saudi decision
but one by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries Plus,
which includes Russia. That's a not-so-subtle way of saying Saudi will
maintain its warming relations with Vladimir Putin regardless of what the
U.S. thinks. In short, the president walked away with no progress ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/23jqva7u>
>
> .. In the end, the US comes across as a fragile empire ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:05:58 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2dbzdwta> bucknell.edu

.. 59% of respondents thought official statistics underestimate
the inflation rate .. What's more, 58% of respondents also thought
the official statistics underestimate the rate of unemployment ..
"The public, in other words, thinks things are worse than the
government says they are," ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2xn2euh8>
>
> America's widespread baby formula shortage gets WORSE ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:10:43 AM7/26/22
<https://archive.is/LsNEF> wset.com

US military faces 'unprecedented' recruitment challenges

Not as many Americans are able to fight for their country, and not as many
are willing to fight for it, either. U.S. military and defense officials
are sounding the alarm that every branch is struggling to meet its fiscal
year 2022 recruiting goals - with a record low percentage of eligibility
and an even lower percentage of willingness to consider enlistment ..
Roughly 76% of U.S. adults ages 17 to 24 years are either too obese to
serve or have other medical issues or criminal histories that would deem
them ineligible without a waiver .. Now the percentage of Americans still
willing to serve their country is only 9% ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/2gv4yduv>
>
> Overdose Deaths Hit a Record High ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:10:46 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/24qbjjsj> theconversation.com

United States: the end of an illusion of omnipotence

For decades, the United States has been in relative decline, facing the
prospect of someday being overtaken by a rival power. Its main problem,
however, is not the relative decline itself .. Instead, its main problem
is a failure to recognize this condition, whether out of pride, electoral
calculation or simple lack of awareness ..

Between 1960 and 2020, its real GDP .. If we compare the United States
to its main rival, China, the growth gap is abysmal: while the US economy
was growing by five and a half times, China was growing by 92 times ..

This relative decline in economic and productive weight ultimately
results in a narrowing of the margins for political action, due to the
phenomenon of "overstretching," ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/288q64oz>
>
> .. We're Living In A Dystopian Nightmare

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:15:36 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2yobgv29> slate.com

The smell of weed in a city has come to stand in for a lot, to a lot of
people .. If you search "smells like weed" in listings for New York or
L.A., you find pages of apartment buildings and hotels dinged for the
odor .. Weed smell has taken up a prime place in the array of signifiers
certain people invoke when describing city life in 2022. Cities, they
say, are full of unhoused people, feces on the streets, trash, and, well,
weed smell ..

> <https://tinyurl.com/23g9lthv>
>
> America's great cities are gripped by decline and disorder ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:20:48 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/28bhnmdw> responsiblestatecraft.org

American Empire is marching into the sunset .. it's time for the reckoning ..

Basically, the United States has just been failing for most of our lives,
something that was really brought home during the recession of 2008. And I
think all those things combined to engender a broader skepticism within me
about the United States's ability to do what it says it's going to do or to
do what was promised ..

People believe that .. the United States has done more good than harm. And I
fundamentally disagree .. I think if you look at what the United States has
actually done in the world, it has oftentimes made things worse ..

> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zWJuNwurXE>
>
> .. America An Empire In Decline ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 26, 2022, 11:25:45 AM7/26/22
<https://tinyurl.com/27xckdqg> scmp.com

The United States is now fighting a global war on two fronts, against
Russia and China simultaneously .. Meanwhile, the initial enthusiaism
with which Europe rallied around US leadership is beginning to wane.
Energy and food shortages are kicking in, amid broken supply chains,
raising the spectre of inflation levels not seen in decades ..

The US penchant for coercive and divisive tactics, hypocrisy, double
standards and indiscriminate dollar weaponisation have stoked much
resentment and anger. Its domestic sociopolitical rift and broken
infrastructure are making some question its entitlement for calling
the shots in a world that is fast becoming more multipolar.

Former British prime minister Tony Blair recently remarked that the
Ukraine war shows the West's dominance is coming to an end as China
rises. He appears to be spot on.

> <https://tinyurl.com/277avh6g>
>
> 'I'm not making ends meet' ..

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2022, 7:51:11 PM7/26/22
On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 17:50:12 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
wrote:

Oleg, have you still not learned that propaganda won't work in a free
information system?

Swill
--
Democrats make me feel ashamed of being American.
Republicans make me feel ashamed of being human.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 28, 2022, 6:11:45 PM7/28/22
<https://tinyurl.com/27ueh2qu> politico.com

.. Expensive gasoline is here to stay ..

The political pain that high gasoline prices have inflicted .. a potential
warning to future .. The reason: The United States' capacity for refining
oil into gasoline is declining, a trend that appears irreversible .. The
result is a domestic gasoline supply on a hair trigger, making the nation
more vulnerable to fuel panics .. while feeding inflation and angering
voters .. "We are going to be operating a shrunken, old and in-need-of-repair
refining system a lot harder," ..

> <https://archive.is/bov27>
>
> Population decline is going to hit us hard

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 28, 2022, 6:15:47 PM7/28/22
<https://tinyurl.com/29zo4frt> nakedcapitalism.com

The US is run by spoiled children who won't take "no" for an answer
.. It boggles the mind that the US is now upset that turning China
into its factory and seeking to enrich 1.4 billion citizens so we
could sell them Disney movies and deodorant had led to China
becoming a dominant economic and increasingly important military
power .. The neocons above all seem unable to process that the days
of US hegemony are over ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 28, 2022, 6:21:33 PM7/28/22
<https://tinyurl.com/28prfh2x> newsmax.com

Trump .. "Our country has been brought to its knees, literally brought
to its knees .. "Inflation is the highest in 49 years, 9.1%, and a lot
of people think it's much higher than that. Gas prices have reached the
highest in the history of our country. We have become a beggar nation
groveling to other countries for energy .. "Democrat-run cities are
setting all-time murder records. Our country is being dealt one
historic humiliation after another on the world stage. And at home our
most basic rights and liberties are totally under siege. "The American
dream is being torn to shreds ..

Out of the mouths of babes ...

"Who would have thought this could happen?"

> <https://tinyurl.com/2yf6onn2>
>
> America .. Looking More and More Like Impotence ..

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 28, 2022, 6:25:33 PM7/28/22
<https://tinyurl.com/2ajr8nsb> thehill.com

The ugly America .. In many parts of the globe, that is how most people
now view this country .. Many Americans do not seem to understand these
realities. We still think of ourselves as the leader of the free world ..

The sad and sorry tale of how America descended into this dismal state
has been well reported. But why this has happened and what, if anything,
can be done to reverse the trajectory are open questions ..

America is too accustomed to the delusion of impunity.

> <https://tinyurl.com/22raldlw>
>
> Sanctions Are Hurting the West More Than Russia

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2022, 11:52:24 PM7/28/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:10:21 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
wrote:

><https://tinyurl.com/27ueh2qu> politico.com
>
>.. Expensive gasoline is here to stay ..

I filled up at 3.64 today. Gas keeps dropping.

Why did it go up in the first place? Mostly, oil speculators many of
whom lost their shirts in the past month when oil shortages didn't pan
out like they thought.

>The political pain that high gasoline prices have inflicted .. a potential
>warning to future .. The reason: The United States' capacity for refining
>oil into gasoline is declining, a trend that appears irreversible .. The
>result is a domestic gasoline supply on a hair trigger, making the nation
>more vulnerable to fuel panics .. while feeding inflation and angering
>voters .. "We are going to be operating a shrunken, old and in-need-of-repair
>refining system a lot harder," ..

As the percentage of the total auto fleet that runs on gasoline drops,
we'll be shutting down refineries due to excess capacity. This will
begin within twenty years.

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2022, 11:53:20 PM7/28/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:20:53 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
wrote:

>Trump .. "Our country has been brought to its knees, literally brought
>to its knees .. "Inflation is the highest in 49 years, 9.1%, and a lot
>of people think it's much higher than that. Gas prices have reached the
>highest in the history of our country. We have become a beggar nation
>groveling to other countries for energy .. "Democrat-run cities are
>setting all-time murder records. Our country is being dealt one
>historic humiliation after another on the world stage. And at home our
>most basic rights and liberties are totally under siege. "The American
>dream is being torn to shreds ..

America is hardly on its knees.

And I wouldn't believe anything Trump said even if he told us the sky
was blue.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 29, 2022, 5:43:02 AM7/29/22
marika, <news:48264f43-b037-4edd...@googlegroups.com>
> On Friday, July 1, 2022 at 12:49:11 PM UTC-5, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>> <https://archive.is/2MSEl> bloomberg.com
>>
>> US Hypersonic Missile Fails in Test in Fresh Setback for Program
>>
>> A flight test of a hypersonic missile system in Hawaii ended in
>> failure due to a problem .. delivering a fresh blow to a program
>> that has suffered stumbles ..
>
> Article says Russia pressing ahead with hypersonics
>
> They claim to have built three
>
> The one they launched at Ukraine early in the war that they alleged was
> easily tracked by old school radar
>
> Which means it wasn't even remotely hypersonic

Russian military possess few kinds of h-missiles which have
been tested and are on the combat duty. But massive use of
such missiles against the Kiev regime would be impractical.
If the conflict escalates, it would become practical to use
them against more powerful adversaries.

<https://archive.is/fV2Hy#selection-1527.0-1527.226>

<https://archive.is/hvpqv#selection-2329.154-2329.364>

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2022, 7:44:37 PM7/29/22
On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:51:08 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:10:21 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
>wrote:
>
>><https://tinyurl.com/27ueh2qu> politico.com
>>
>>.. Expensive gasoline is here to stay ..
>
>I filled up at 3.64 today. Gas keeps dropping.

Same filling station is 3.63 today.

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2022, 4:42:26 PM7/30/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:43:18 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:51:08 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:10:21 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
>>wrote:
>>
>>><https://tinyurl.com/27ueh2qu> politico.com
>>>
>>>.. Expensive gasoline is here to stay ..
>>
>>I filled up at 3.64 today. Gas keeps dropping.
>
>Same filling station is 3.63 today.

Assholes in some quarters were posting daily about gas prices when
they were going up. Now that the market has responded and gas prices
are dropping, they don't have anything to say.

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2022, 1:55:53 PM7/31/22
On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 16:41:07 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:43:18 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:51:08 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>>I filled up at 3.64 today. Gas keeps dropping.
>>
>>Same filling station is 3.63 today.
>
>Assholes in some quarters were posting daily about gas prices when
>they were going up. Now that the market has responded and gas prices
>are dropping, they don't have anything to say.

And today it's 3.59.

governo...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2022, 4:44:54 PM8/1/22
On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 13:54:34 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 16:41:07 -0400, governo...@gmail.com wrote:

>>>Same filling station is 3.63 today.
>>
>>Assholes in some quarters were posting daily about gas prices when
>>they were going up. Now that the market has responded and gas prices
>>are dropping, they don't have anything to say.
>
>And today it's 3.59.

Dropped two more cents overnight to 3.57.