Homeowner charged with manslaughter for shooting at home invasion suspects

Do Not Call Means Do Not Knock Either

Dec 7, 2021, 5:15:03 PM12/7/21
Police arrested a Texas homeowner who allegedly shot a roofing
solicitor who came to his door Monday afternoon.

Officers took 45-year-old Radu Chivu into custody and charged
him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is being
held in the Frisco city jail.

The 44-year-old man who was shot was working as a door-to-door
solicitor for a roofing company. He told police Chivu confronted
him outside the house and shot him.

The man was taken to a local hospital in an unknown condition.

A woman who lives nearby said her neighborhood did get some hail
during last week’s thunderstorms. She said the same solicitor
had come to her door just a few minutes before the shooting.

She later heard a gunshot and went outside. She saw the
solicitor on the ground covered in blood and pamphlets. Her
neighbor then came out with a torn shirt and told her the
solicitor had attacked him so he defended himself.

Police said Chivu did have a “no soliciting” sign posted outside
his home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/04/texas-homeowner-arrested-
for-shooting-roofing-solicitor.html

Mark Kennedy

Dec 10, 2021, 8:05:03 PM12/10/21
A Minnesota homeowner is facing manslaughter charges after he
told police he shot at a group of men who had tried breaking
into his home, and one of the suspects later died in the
hospital.

David Allen Pettersen, 65, called police around 7 a.m. Saturday
to report a possible burglary and shooting at his home in
Fieldon Township, just south of Madelia. According to the
charging documents, Pettersen told the dispatcher he fired his
handgun at a gray car that was leaving his property after an
attempted burglary.

A deputy responding to the call found the car 2 miles north of
Pettersen's home, with three people inside. One of the
passengers, 19-year-old Nicolas Thomas Embertson, had a gunshot
wound and later died at Madelia Hospital.

Another passenger, 18-year-old Kyle Thomas Nason, had a broken
ankle. He told police that he, Embertson and a third man -- 18-
year-old Cornelius Ayers -- were at Pettersen's home to "case"
it for a future burglary.

Nason said his friends gave him a boost onto the second-level
deck of the home, and that he injured his ankle when making the
10-foot jump back down. He told police he heard two loud bangs
as Embertson drove away from the home. As they were headed down
the driveway, Embertson said, "I think I've been hit," before
losing consciousness. Nason continued driving the car until they
were stopped by the deputy responding to Petterson's 911 call.

Pettersen told investigators he was in bed when he heard someone
trying to open a door to the deck. He saw the person jump from
the deck and crawl toward a car, at which point he grabbed a .45
caliber handgun and tried to shoot the tires of the car.
Pettersen said he was about 10 feet from the car when he fired
two or three shots.

Pettersen was arrested and booked into the Watonwan County Jail.
Monday morning, he was charged with second-degree manslaughter
and reckless discharge of a firearm.

"The law does say a self-defense law, but what we've gathered so
far, we feel we have enough to charge him with second-degree
manslaughter," Watonwan County Chief Deputy Jeremy Nachreiner
told KEYC-TV in Mankato.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/31/homeowner-charged-with-
manslaughter-for-shooting-at-home-invasion-suspects.html

Next time let the little bastards rob and kill some cops. Serve
them right.