The Christian Crusade Against Our Tangun

Young Kim

Aug 17, 2000, 8:12:18 PM8/17/00

The Christian Crusade Against Our Tangun

Lee Wha Rang, August 15, 2000

http://www.kimsoft.com/

Christianity in Korea has a checkered history. The Yi officials considered those Koreans in cahoot with alien Christians as traitors and killed tens of thousands of them in Korea. Scores of foreign "missionaries" were also killed.

The Yi actions were justified in several cases. The first alien Christians to set foot on Korea were atually Japanese converts in Japan's invasion army and those Korean "converts" who worked for these Japanese Christian invaders were rightly purged. In 1867, a group of Korean converts led foreigners to a royal grave in a failed attempt to rob the tomb and use the royal remains for ransom. These traitors, too, were put to death - justifiably.

Today, a group of misguided converts in South Korea are going around decapitating Tangun statues apparently with tacit approval of the 'Christian' police. What should we do with these vandals?

Source: Korean Culture and Young Rock Choi

Our school children are taught that Tangun is the founding father of the Korean nation and that he is the cement that holds our nation together. Tangun is no mere legend. The Tangun claim is supported by archeological facts and numerous scholarly researches. However, recently, Christian 'commandos' have been smashing Tangun statues at public places.

For example, on December 23, 1999, Minister Choe Hong Ho went to the Young-ju elementary school on a mission to destroy the Tangun in broad daylight. An alert police arrested Choe while in the act of destroying the statue. No criminal charges were filed against him and he was let go. Choe alleged that the Minister of Tourism and Culture and the Federation of Korean Christians had intervened on his behalf (both parties have denied this allegation).

Choe went on to allege that the prosecution told him: "Why in broad daylight and cause me these problems? From now on, smash the statues during the night, please". Choe has become a hero of some sort among his followers and he has been regaling his story to his eager Christian audience.

Cho Yong Ro, a Chrisrian elder, who was with Choe on the Tangun statue mission, stated that "We have formed anti-Tangun commandos. The government is responsible for the Tangun statues and we will attack the Blue White and realize God's will."

The anti-Tangun hooligans are well aware that they are breaking the law. Choe went back to a Tangun statue at Yijung-bu after destroying it on the day before. Choe stated that "I got up in the morning and revisited the statue just as common criminals revisit their crime scenes." Choe went on to say: "God protects me. No one dares to touch me. Even if I am arrested, there are others who will continue my mission."

Choe even had an ad placed at a Christian web: the ad read - "For Sale; Tangun heads cut off from public statues. If you are a true Christian, buy one". (What the Christians have against Tangun Statues)

Minister of Torusim and Culture Park Ji Won had his deputy Park Kwang Mu issue a statement denying Choe's allegations. He stated that the ministry has issued a warning to the Christian Alliance against Tangun Statues. He claimed that Choe's crime is still under investigation. Minister Kim In Chol of the Anti-Tangun Alliance stated that the Alliance's leader Minister Ryu Jae Hah is no friend of Park Ji Won and had nothing to do with Choe's release. Kim stated that he opposes erecting Tangun statues at public places but he does not support illegal acts to remove them.

If indeed the Tangun claims were false, these Christians should have used legal means of removing Tangun statues from our schools. Instead, they have formed 'commando' units to destroy Tangun statues from all of South Korea. It is expected that more Tangun statues will be destroyed by these Christian terrorists.

What is more disturbing is the fact these Christian terrorists are apparently immune to criminal prosecution. The police arrest and jail people for lesser crimes but these anti-Korean Christians to get away with anything. Are the police and prosecutors also anti-Tangun?

South Korea is a secular government and Christianity is not a state religion. South Korea guarantees freedom of religion. Some Christians are under the illusion is that Korea is their country and theirs only, and they are out to Christianize Korea by erasing the Korean culture and history.

Now is the time for all Korean nationalists to rise up against these anti-Korean Christians. Let us unite and safeguard our Korean culture and heritage against those who dance to alien tunes.

Related Webs