Re: Power output meter amp schematic.

Oppie

Jan 4, 2005, 1:42:47 PM1/4/05
Jane, that
nothing should surprise us nowadays, except happy marriages. They
apparently are getting remarkably rare.

MRS ALLONBY: Oh, they're quite out of date.

LADY STUTFIELD: Except amongst the middle classes, I have been told.

MRS ALLONBY: How like the middle classes!

LADY STUTFIELD: Yes - is it not? - very, very like them.

LADY CAROLINE: If what you tell us about the middle classes is true,
Lady Stutfield, it redounds greatly to their credit. It is much to be
regretted that in our rank of life the wife should be so persistently
frivolous, under the impression apparently that it is the proper thing
to be. It is to that I attribute the unhappiness of so many marriages we
all know of in society.

MRS ALLONBY: Do you know, Lady Caroline, I don't think the frivolity of
the wife has ever anything to do with it. More marriages are ruined
nowadays by the common sense of the husband than by anything else. How
can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating
her as if she were a perfectly rational being?

LADY HUNSTANTON: My dear!

MRS ALLONBY: Man, poor, awkward, reliable, necessary man belongs to a
sex that has been rational for million and millions of years. He can't
help himself. It is in his race. The History of Woman is very different.
We have always been picturesque protests against the mere existence of
common sense. We saw its dangers from the first.

LADY STUTFIELD: Yes, the common sense of husbands is certainly most,
most trying. Do tell me your conception of the Ideal Husband. I think it
would be so very, very helpful.

MRS ALLONBY: The Ideal Husband? There couldn't be such a thing. The
institution is wrong.

LADY STUTFIELD: The Ideal Man, then,